Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Alternative Reality ❯ ***Save the Saiyans*** ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Dragonball AR (Alternative Reality)

Rating: G - General (some offensive language though)

Main characters: Vegeta, Tida, Kakarott, Damar- Yamcha, Bulma, Krillen, Chi-chi.

Genre: Drama / Action

Story Brief: What if Bardock's warnings were listened to and the Saiyan race was able to be transported to another planet and Goku never reached earth, but was collected and brought back to the new Planet Vegeta?

Author's Note: I've never done a fic based mostly round Vegeta before and well yeah I thought I'd try one of those what if AU fics... where I throw him with an original created character cause it's AU. Sorry V/B fans not this fic. I'm not really a Veggie fan, but he is a main player. I'm more of a Goku fan- but I wanna play with their characters a bit in this fic.

The Disclaimer: I don't own DB/Z/GT or the characters involved. I do though own Tida and Damar they are my characters...

>PROLOGUE<

*** Save the Saiyans?? ***

He couldn't breath.

He couldn't move his armour weighed more than what he thought in this weakened state. It was pushing his chest inwards crushing his insides.

Weak.

Can't breathe.

What now? Death?

Then out of the silence a voice so cold and harsh spoke above it all, and it echoed in his ears in the taunting feminine sing song voice.

"Long live the king."

He heard the cries of his men who had accompanyed him on this mission to confront Frieza. He looked over to see their bodies lying in the doorway of the bridge.

Then he saw a flash. A small red cape flashed by the door and he heard the feet running.

Run my son. Save our people.

Then white light consumed his soul.

***

He tried to clear his head, remember where he was, to make the memories return to him. But there was darkness and then a flash of bright yellow light.

He sat up gasping for air and looked round he pushed himself up off the ground groggily.

Where am I?

Then he saw them the bodies of his dead crew in the back of his mind.

"Bardock..." He looked round as his vision slowly returned and his mate stared at him her eyes concerned.

"What happened?" He asked.

"You had another one of those day nightmares, except this one was different-"

She sounds sad.

"The King you saw the King die." Her voice cracked.

"Kakarott!!" he sat up suddenly.

"Shhhh I've sent out a retrevial pod for him." She spoke. "Prince Vegeta returned from Frieza's ship he's informed us of Frieza's plans. We're shifting planets."

"How do you propose we do that huh?" He asked his voice was harsh. "Do you not know how big the saiyan population is?"

"The scientists-" She began.

"Enough." Bardock held up his hand. "I know what I have to do. Someone has to hold Frieza off in order to save our people."

"Bardock! Don't go!!" She grabbed on to his arm.

Touch.

He would never touch her again after today.

Scent.

He would never take in her sweet feminine warrior scent ever again.

Sight.

He would never see her after this... but he knew he had to do this.

Her weak actions would of once offended him. But his visions they opened a up a softer side to him and he turned round to take her in one more time.

She's still bewitched me.

I'll miss her.

His lips touched hers in the gentlest and most loving kisses ever. Her lips parted and she fell in to his kiss. His arms pulled her close in to a loving embrace.

He'd come so close to losing her with Kakarott's birth. But she'd shown a true warrior spirit and returned back from near death.

"Bardock..." She murmered against his lips. "Don't go."

"I have to..." He pulled back slowly his hand cupped the side of her face feeling the smooth contors of her face. He smiled at her. "My soul mate... I'll forever love you."

He slipped away from her and he felt her hands let go of him reluctantly.

"I love you." She whispered before he vanished through the door and to his death.

***

The throne room to the new palace was empty and the seven year old saiyan prince walked up the long red carpet and looked at the throne. It was empty like the room.

"Sire..." A voice spoke from behind him.

Vegeta blinked and he turned round to face the owner of the voice.

"What is it Nappa?" He growled trying his best to put on a brave face.

He was seven years old and he was now the king. He had to act like a king.

"All the people have been transported to this planet. But I am to inform you of Bardock's sacrifice. He risked his life and distracted Frieza long enough for us all to be brought here." Nappa's head was bowed as he spoke.

"So?" Vegeta growled. "I can't reward the dead can I?"

"He left behind three sons and a mate."

"Fine make sure they're looked after." He waved his hand about. He didn't really care. His father was gone and he was alone.

Father....

He heard Nappa leave and the young prince wandered up to the window and he looked out the window to the gardens, then he looked up to the sky filled with the tiny glowing stars shinning down on him.

I will avenge you father... I WILL reach super saiyan....

Vegeta stayed by the window looking outside, like he was wishing his father to return any moment soon. But no matter how hard he looked and wished his father would never return.

***

To Be Continued...

Sorry the chapter is short but it is a prologue the 1st chapter will be longer....

r & r please let me know what you think?

~J'dee