Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Prism ❯ Intro ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

<I><b>Dragonball Prism: The Ongoing Saga of the Saiyan Race</b>

Written by Sakura-Shoran

Disclaimer:</I> Mr. Toriyama is a truly brilliant man and I am not worthy to even think about writing with his characters in mind, but alas, I am drawn to do so. I Renounce all claim to any of his characters or storyline.

<I>Short intro:</I> This story begins three years after the end of Dragon Ball Z. I do enjoy GT, but I consider it a fan fiction as much as this one. It had received Mr. Toriyama's go-ahead, this is true, but he did not write it, so I choose to acknowledge it as only a fellow writer's perspective.

This story focuses mostly on the Briefs family, namely Vegeta. There is a lot about Goten, as well. But I wish to get a few things out in the open before I begin the story.

Trunks is now 21 years old. He is the President of Capsule Corporation based in Satan City, Japan. He lives on the compound of the corporation along with his parents and six-year-old sister Bra. His grandparents have retired to a townhouse on the outskirts of the city. He is presently single.

Vegeta, now 46 (assuming approximated ages for the older characters), is as ornery as ever, but now enjoys spending time in America for unknown reasons (soon to be revealed). Still happily married to Bulma, who plays an active role in the affairs of CC Int. despite Trunks's insistence she rest.

Goten is 20 years old and the present Boudoken Champion, but only because Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Trunks have elected to retire from the world of martial arts tournaments, settling to their own busy lives. He is employed at the local Tri-City Gym branch. Also, presently single.

Gohan (32) is still happily married to Videl with their 5-year-old daughter, Pan. Pan is currently undergoing her training to be "just like her Grandpa Goku." Grandpa Satan on the other hand is skeptical of his granddaughter's abilities.

Master (Mutan) Roshi is still living on Kame Island, accompanied by Turtle. :)

Krillin and 18 have moved to a small home not far from Goku's mountain home. Their 16-year-old Marron has a crush on Trunks, bad. He notices her too, he's just waiting for her to be legal.

Yamucha is the new manager of his old team, the Taitans. He has given up any and all hope in the 20 years Vegeta and Bulma have been married of ever getting her back. They remain good friends.

Any original characters (OC's) I add to this story will be explained throughout the story. Be patient, all things will be answered with time. But new companies and concepts must be explained.

In the business world, Capsule is number one. Easily. Following closely behind is a new-up-and-coming franchise called Tri-City Gym. It began in the city of San Francisco a few years ago and quickly is being called the "best thing since Capsules were invented". Despite being a worldwide franchise, it retained it's original name for loyalty's sake.

Capsule has expanded into buying out smaller, failing businesses in turn for licenses to sell their products under their respective name, but sold in capsule form. Capsules have clearly become standard around the world. Everyone has at least one capsule. They are used for everything from shopping trips to large-scale production projects. A New line is about to come out on the market, however. It is one of Trunks's own designs, a breakthrough in engineering and science... resealible capsules.

Well enough background... Onto the story.

Sakura-Shoran