Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Prism ❯ Two ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DBP - Saga One, Chapter 2: News

News of the death normally would have spread to the far corners of the world in less than an hour, but the family had decided to keep it under wraps for the time being. No sense in disrupting the economy just yet, so close to the holiday season. It was almost Thanksgiving, only a few days off, actually. As Saichen walked through the waiting room in the hospital's I.C.U. she thought of this. What would they be doing for Thanksgiving? Her last Holiday in the U.S.?

She sighed deeply at the realization. Not only was it her last holiday in the States, it would be the first holiday without her mom. She attempted to fight back the tears that welled in her eyes unsuccessfully, leaning on a wall next to her.

"Sai?" She looked up over her hand to the concerned face of her father. With a gasp for air that emerged as a sob, she went to hug him, but ended crying on his shoulder.

Let's take a time out to discuss Burrok Shoran. He's the president and CEO of Tri-City Gym Inc. and generally a nice guy. He has one hell of a temper, well known throughout the business world. He's quiet, and tends to drift off on daydreams fairly easily, awakening suddenly with a story about his younger brother, who had died at the age of four in a horrible explosion. Saichen had grown fond of these stories, and she grew up on them.

One thing Burrok was a stickler about had been her training. Saichen was trained as at least a first-degree black belt in various of martial arts before the age of 12 including Tae Kwan Do, karate, kung fu, tai chi, and many others. He pressured to keep up in her training, even after she had moved out of the family home two years before, sadly, though, her busy schedule had forced her to cut back on this.

Burrok wasn't tall, not by any means so, only 5'8". He was trained in all the above forms of martial arts and then some, learning even basic kamesennin, a lost form taught by a turtle hermit who lives on a small island off the coast of Japan. The turtle hermit had been impossible to track down, but with a bit of research, he had learned the basics of ki manipulation and could even do blasts.

But all she could think of as she held onto her father was her mom.

~~~~~~~~

The funeral had been lovely and as the public was informed, the economy wavered only slightly before actually strengthening. It seems that human nature had made people start exercising more right after thanksgiving. But with the cold weather, so also came the time when Saichen would have to depart for Japan. November 25th had come quickly, and now that the holiday and the funeral were over, Japan loomed ever closer. Now all she needed was the strength to get herself out of bed.

A/N: Another chapter deserves a few reviews, no? Come on, tell me how much you like or hate this story. I promise I'll get to the DBZ stuff soon, I already hinted on it a bit in this chapter. *Sighs* please review, make a poor high school kid's day?

|

|

|

\/