Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Reincarnation ❯ Shadows on the Horizon ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4 Shadows on the Horizon

"Well hello there." Master Roshi said greeting them warmly. "Who are you boys?" He asked.

The put a hand over a fist and in unison bowed. The blue eyed one spoke. "I am Shen and this is my twin brother Long. *Shen- Spirtiual. Long- Dragon. Shen Long* We hail from a temple west of here. Our teachers told us they had nothing left to teach us and that we should seek you out for more training."

"How old are you boys?" Roshi asked.

"8." They replied.

Master Roshi nodded and whispered something to Koran. "You are welcome to join us boys, but there is one thing you should know first." Master Roshi replied. The boys nodded eagerly. "We are training to protect the Earth, not to shape up for tournaments and the like. Are you up to that?"

"Yes sir!" Long spoke up excitedly. "It would be a honor." Shen said bowing respectfully.

"Looks like we have more students!" Koran said speaking to the saiyan descendants.

"Great more amatures." Vegeta mumbled.

"Master?" Goku spoke up. "Aren't they a little young for this?"

"Nonsense!" Koran shouted. "Now let's get to it! I want to see your skills!" Koran pointed his stick at Vegeta. "What makes you so special?"

"I am a genius. Mentally I surpass all the charts and physically I can hold my own in a fight."

"Oh really? Hm? We'll just see about that?" Koran mumbled circling Vegeta. "How old are you?"

"I believe that question to be irrelevant." Vegeta retorted.

"He's 12." Iselina interrupted smirking.

Vegeta growled. "You!" Koran said pointing to Hope. "How old are you?"
"I'm 11 sir." She said honestly.

"What do you do?" He said scrutinizing her with the same gaze as he had Vegeta.

"I'm a psychic." She stated shyly.

"Good! You two, fight!" Koran shouted.

"What! You want me to fight her?" Vegeta complained.

"What ya scared?" Hope mocked as she got into her fighting stance.

"Not a chance!" Vegeta growled accepting the challenge. The fight began in a flash. The pace was slower than Roshi and Koran were used to which worried them. It seemed one sided, Hope was throwing more strikes then she was blocking. Vegeta was the one blocking everything, he seemed a little off balance. The fight area shifted and suddenly they were way close to the edge of the crest. Vegeta kept backing up unaware of the ledge. Hope tried to slow up and give him a chance to move, but he was clearly off balance and tumbled over the side.

"Vegeta!" They shouted in unison. All of the on lookers rushed to the cliff. They looked over; anxiety flowing through their minds when suddenly they saw Vegeta being held up by a girl. She was floating in mid air. Her midnight blue hair wafted around her petite shoulders in waves. She was followed by another girl who looked to be carrying a passenger as well. The both of them landed on the crest. The girl who saved Vegeta gently set him down and smiled at him as he hurried to brush himself off, trying to maintain appearance as it were.

"I believe you lost something." The girl stated gently.

Hope ran over to Vegeta. "Vegeta are you ok? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you fall." She stuttered worriedly.

"I'm fine!" He snapped.

Roshi smiled at Vegeta's behavior and Hope's concern then he looked to the new comers. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." The girl said bowing her head respectfully. She wore a purple flowing shirt that hung around her in a wave like fashion with blue jeans. The two other strangers stepped forward. There was another girl with long, straight, blonde hair. She wore camoflauge pants, combat boots, and a khaki green shirt with a brown vest. The last stranger was a man, he was bald and stood a head taller than both girls who were roughly the same height. He wore s blue training gi. What stood out about all three of them was the addition of a third eye in the center of their heads'.

Roshi looked them up and down he turned to Koran. "They look just like grandparents! The spitting image."

The strangers took no notice of the comment, only kneeled before the masters. "Great masters!" The boy spoke. "I am Sai and these are my sisters; Meylei and Lily. We come to you for guidance and training."

"Yes! Of course! The world needs all the help it can get." Koran said glancing at a very sullen Vegeta.

Lily, the blue haired one spoke. "What do you mean Master?" Koran quickly explained the situation and introduced everyone.

"You game?" Master Roshi finished.

Meylei, who had yet to say a thing, jumped up. "You bet! Anyone threatens our planet they'll answer to me!" She clapped her fists together.

"I'm glad you're so eager." Roshi said. "Now then if that's everyone let's, get back...." He was cut off by a voice no one could see. "Are you forgetting me Master Roshi?"

Master Roshi turned in the direction of the voice and from the shadows of the temple emerged a short Namekian boy. "Ah Renatus I hoped you would come!" Master Roshi said happily.

"Well Dende said the time had come and that Earth needed every warrior they could get." He said calmly. He wore a blue shirt and pants with black wrist bands and tan shoes.

"Who's this wierdo?" Long asked. His brother Shen glared at him and the Namekian threw him an unnerving glance.

Koran wasted no time in bopping him on the head with his stick. "Show some respect! This is Dende's apprentice, Renatus, one day he will be the almighty!"

Long rubbed his head. "Oh. Sorry." Renatus nodded in response. Everyone, but Iselina, Vegeta and the masters bowed their heads.

"That's enough formalities! If we keep bowing we'll never be ready to save Earth!" Koran said hurriedly.

"What exactly is the threat against Earth?" Iselina asked.

"I'm glad you asked Iselina. 200 years ago the wise fortune teller Baba had a vision. A vision that in 200 hundred years to the day that Earth's greatest champion dissappeared a darkness like no other seen before would descend upon Earth. If the dark evil remained unstopped Earth would fall along with the rest of the universe." All of the students listened in a solemn silence.

"What is this dark evil?" Sai asked.

"We don't know." Renatus replied. "It could be anything."

"Great! How do you fight an opponent you know nothing about?" Vegeta commented.

"My thoughts exactly." Sai agreed, while a few others nodded their agreement.

"We are just a bunch of kids what can we do?" Goku asked.

"That's it! The only thing we know is that together you can defeat it!" Roshi shouted motioning to the group. He pointed to Goku and Hope. "Your 7th great grandfather was that great champion who dissappeared." Goku and Hope stood stunned. They had heard the stories of Earth's heroes and salvation from years ago, but no one had ever mentioned their grandfather as being the greatest. "I know. I taught him. He was a great man, an even better warrior! The best in the universe, a title well won. All of you bear the blood of great heroes. 200 years ago your ancestors saved the world a dozen times over! Now it's your turn. Will you step up to the task?"

The group was silent. They all took turns looking at one another. They nodded amongst themselves in silent agreement and turned their gaze on the masters. "We will." They all said in unison. Thus the next generation of Z fighters was born.

Will they be able to stop this unknown evil? What trials will face in their training? Find out next time on Dragonball Reincarnation! Sorry I couldn't resist!

Converting /tmp/php0xFxym to /dev/stdout