Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Reincarnation ❯ Old Meets New/Recognition from Above ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 13 Old Meets New/ Recognition from Above

To any onlooker it was just a wasteland of boulders and dust, but if you were to look closer there were bodies scattered among the rubble, battered, bruised, and unmoving. And deep in the minds of the unconcious Z fighters they hovered somewhere between life and death.

Elsewhere:

Sai awoke to a bright white setting. He sat up and looked around, nothing but white to be seen. He looked down at himself surprised to be in perfect condition. Suddenly, Long appeared next to him, also in good shape. "Where are we?" He asked in a daze.

"I have no idea." Sai replied helping Long up. They were silent for a moment and then Sai realized, "Wait, where are the others?" Long shrugged his shoulders and then Vegeta and Hope appeared in a flash.

"Hope!" Long shouted running to them. "Vegeta! I saw you were in trouble, but I couldn't get to you! Are you alright?"

Hope and Vegeta looked themselves over and with surprised looks of confusion and shock Hope replied. "I guess we're ok."

"Where are we? How can this be? I just had a full set of broken bones!" Vegeta said glancing at his seemingly unharmed body.

"I don't know. I remember being knocked unconcious and that's it." Sai replied.

"Me too." Long said.

"Where's Goku?" Hope said in a panicked voice. Poof he appeared in a puff of smoke. "What the?" He mumbled as he steadied himself and glanced around. "Goku!" She shouted hugging him. Goku patted her on the head and looked around some more. "Are we dead? Did we win?"

"If we're not we should be." Vegeta said looking himself over for the zillionth time.

Hope smacked him upside the head. "Don't even think that Veggie!"

"Well I'm right aren't I!" He shouted at her.

"Wait...." Goku looked around. "Where's Iselina?" Suddenly all the others appeared in a flash of light and they all had to steady themselves. "Goku!" Iselina shouted when she saw him running to embrace him. "I saw what you did. It was amazing!" She smiled at him. Goku's whole body felt warm at the sight of her rare smile. He smiled back and hugged her tight.

"What happened?" Sai asked as he looked over his sisters protectively looking for wounds.

"We cornered Teria and blew her to Kingdom Come!" Meylei said grinning. Lily nodded in agreement.

"Yeah!" Long shouted jumping on his brother. "I knew you could do it!" Shen smiled and laughed along with his rambuntcious twin.

"Where are we?" Iselina asked.

"I don't know, but Veg thinks we're dead." Goku answered motioning to the small brainiac.

"It can't be!" Lily said nervously.

"Yes it can." Renatus chimed in. "We're not really dead, per se, but we're not alive either." They all stared at him confusedly.

"We're in limbo, a state of unconsciousness where the soul wanders between life and death." Shen added explaining Renatus's wisdom. Renatus smiled at Shen who had become a willing apprentice to Renatus's spiritual ways.

"Oh." Goku said randomly. "What happens now?" Hope asked shyly.

"You should know you're a pyschic!" Vegeta snapped. "Well if you're so smart why don't you do something!" Hope yelled back.

Iselina ignored their bickering and asked, "How do we get out of here?"

"Something will have to happen to our bodies to determine which way we go." Renatus answered.

"Great! So if no one finds us and gives us medical treatment we'll die!" Vegeta cursed.

"And we don't even know where our bodies are! How will anyone else know where to look?" Meylei shouted in frustration

"I don't want to die." Lily whispered.

"We all knew their was a chance we would die!" Iselina added.

"Yeah, but that doesn't make it easy." Lily snapped unexpectedly.

"Calm down." Sai started. "No! This is a problem Sai! Can you not see that?" Meylei shouted at her brother. Soon there was an all out shouting match goin g on between the majority of the group. They were all so absorbed in the argument they didn't notice the five men appear behind them.

"Whoa guys all this arguing will get you nowhere!" A soft strong voice came from nowhere. The Z fighters went silent and slowly turned to look at the speaker. There before them stood a tall muscular man with wild black hair. He beared a strange resemblance to their Goku. He was surrounded by other familiar doubles. There was one who looked like Sai, one that looked like Shen and Long, another who looked like an older Renatus, and a Vegeta with all black hair. They all knew deep down in the back of their mind who they were staring at, but it wouldn't register.

"Who are you?" Lily asked.

"You know who we are." The man with wild hair replied smiling.

"Yes, but how? Why?" Goku stuttered.

"Well if you know who we are then you know we are dead and can only travel in Other World territories. This counts as one of them." Piccolo replied.

"That explains how, now why? Why now?" Iselina asked.

"Are you here to escort us to the other world?" Shen asked nervously.

Krillin laughed at their naviety. "They haven't realized it yet."

"Well some of us aren't as all knowing as the dead!" Meylei snapped.

Tien laughed. "She's just like her grandmother." Meylei grinned at the comment.

"Don't worry, you're not going to die!" Vegeta Senior snapped.

"Really!" Hope said excitedly.

"Yes. The Supreme Kai has decided that for your accomplishment you should be allowed to live. Besides you're far too young to die." Goku Senior reassured them smiling.

"So we won?" Lily asked.

"Yes." Tien said.

Shen and Long grinned at one another and Lily and Meylei shrieked with excitement. Sai and Renatus high fived while Iselina and Hope grabbed their men and kissed them. Vegeta was more than a little surprised as a thirteen year old boy to have his best friend and rival kiss him. It was just a kiss on the cheek, but he blushed furiously and touched his cheek in shock. Hope giggled and hid her face in her hands.

Iselina on the other hand through her arms around Goku and put him in a lip lock. Goku was surprised, but responded quickly kissing her back. The whole group let out a cheer seeing them together. The ancestors stood by smiling at their descendants. It was hard to grasp, watching miniatures of themselves acting in such ways as they had never dreamed.

"Looks like the ancient rivalry is at an end." Krillin whispered to Tien as they watched Goku kiss Iselina. "Looks that way."

Vegeta scowled at Goku. Goku grinned. "Hey it was your granddaughter who started it!"

"And yours!" Vegeta growled motioning to a giggling Hope and blushing Vegeta.

Goku shrugged. "Kami help us!" Piccolo moaned at the ancient rivals behavior. The cheering stopped and Sai turned to Tien.

"So why are you here?"

"We've seen your training and are proud of the warriors you've become." Piccolo said. Truth be told the Z fighters had been briefed on the plan and had watched the childrens' progress through Baba's crystal ball for the last two years.

"You have powers beyond our wildest dreams!" Krillin added.

"And to say thank you." Goku said.

"Thank you, for what?" Hope asked.

"For defeating the darkest villain the universe has ever known." Tien said.

"You've done the impossible and we are truly grateful." Piccolo added.

"Thanks." Sai said.

"Don't expect thanks when you get home." Vegeat Senior added harshly. "No one will know what you have done for them and no one will care. This is the only thanks you will get."

It was silent for a moment and then Iselina stepped forward. Then she did something unexpected. She hugged Vegeta Senior! "Thanks grandpa!" She whispered smiling. All the Z fighters froze in shock. But Vegeta Senior did not freak out or push her away he hugged her back and gave her a fatherly smile. "Your welcome." He whispered. Iselina stepped back to Goku's embrace and smiled. Vegeta Senior glared at Goku Junior. "You be good to her! Or I'll beat up your grandfather!"

Goku Junior gulped nervously and grinned scratching his head. "No problem." Iselina rolled her eyes and smiled.

Vegeta shook Vegeta Junior's hand and said, "Never forget who you are. You should be proud of where you come from."

"Yes sir."

Krillin looked over at the twins and smiled. "Come here!" The twins ran over to hug him and he whispered. "Mom and Dad say hi!" Shen and Long perked up at the mention of their dead parents. "We all miss you, but stay with these guys and you'll do just fine." Krillin assured them motioning to the others. Shen and Long nodded and hugged him again.

Tien gathered Lily and Meylei in his arms and instructed them and Sai to take care of each other.

Piccolo placed his hand on Renatus's shoulder and smiled. Renatus smiled back. No words were said, but they knew what the other meant with out words.

Goku Senior kneeled down as Hope ran to hug him. "I love you grandpa!" She said. "Same here kiddo. Watch out for Vegeta he's going to need you I can tell!" Goku Senior smiled as Vegeta Senior growled. "Don't worry, I can see the future I already know he'll need me!" She gave him the perfect Son grin and stepped back. Goku Senior shook Goku Junior's hand and said, "I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, you know we always dreamed of meeting you, you're just like the stories."

"They weren't just stories, they were all true." Goku Senior winked.

They all stepped back and then a portal appeared. "Walk through there and you'll return to your bodies. You'll hurt a little, but you'll live." Piccolo instructed.

They started to walk through and Goku shouted, "Hey!" They all turned around. "Watch out for Earth would ja?"

Goku gave the thumbs up and looked at his buds. "You can count us!" As they were walking through Vegeta Junior asked Hope, "Why did you kiss me?"

"Let's just say I've seen your future and I know I'm going to be in it!" Hope smiled knowingly. And so the eight generation of the Z fighters went back to Earth. A new fighting force ready to protect Earth. They were better then their ancestors ever dreamed of being because they were closer than friends, they were family. Earth would never want for a savior again!