Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Fair Punishment ❯ Fair Punishment ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragonball Z.
 
Author's Notes: I've always been fascinated by spanking between adults. And I'm fascinated with Goku and Vegeta's relationship. I guess this sprang from that.
 
Warnings: Yaoi, nudity, spanking, language… no lemon, but you can imagine what you will.
 
 
 
Fair Punishment
 
 
The scene: two Saiyans at dinner, tense silence prevailing, and a ruined suit in the corner.
 
Goku pushed the food around on his plate, for once not even remotely hungry at a mealtime. Granted, he and Vegeta had not had their usual sparring session, so he hadn't burned as much energy as he usually did. But Goku knew his sudden lack of appetite was for a far different reason.
 
He just wanted to get dinner over with. He couldn't stand the tense silence any longer.
 
Yet he also wanted to prolong it, to eat slower, to will the minutes to a crawl so he would not have to face Vegeta's wrath.
 
He had been living with Vegeta for the past year. Both of their wives had passed on long ago, along with most of the people Goku had known as a child. It was a strange and shaking experience to watch people like Krillen and Yamcha age and die - to see his children show their human genetics through their increasingly middle-aged features. While he, Goku, along with Vegeta, retained his youthfulness and never looked above the age of 35. Never mind that both of them were well past their nineties.
 
Goku remembered attending funeral after funeral with his prince. Vegeta had attended every single funeral, even for those who he had barely known. He had been feeling exactly how Goku had felt: that they were watching an age die and pass away, and they were stuck in time. The world spun so quickly around them that they barely had a chance to say goodbye.
 
So they had turned to the only people who had remained constant: each other.
 
They had been expecting their relationship - a homosexual relationship between two rivals who seemed diametrically opposed, not to mention straight - to be received with shock and even anger. Of course, the only survivors of the old “Z-squad” consisted of their own children and Eighteen. Eighteen hadn't cared - being even more of an eternal youth (never looking past the age of 20), she understood thoroughly what it meant to have no one her age. For her part, she was spending more and more time with her brother, and both had taken up traveling. Marron had a wall lined with postcards from them.
 
Goku and Vegeta's children had at first been weirded out. Trunks and Goten had been fairly more accepting, but it had taken Gohan a while to get used to the fact that his father was moving on, and wouldn't remain forever chaste and alone after the death of his mother.
 
But Gohan had come around, and things were going well. Goku and Vegeta had moved into the Briefs' summer home - a nice woodland retreat that bore none of the coldness that emanated from Capsule homes. Trunks had his own family in Capsule Corp., and Goten had moved himself and his wife into the old Son home, where Goten had taken a job as a forest ranger, being the only one who was brave enough to take charge of the dinosaurs. Goku almost couldn't bear to visit Goten anymore in a house that, over time, lost every vestige of Chichi's influence. Goku wondered if Vegeta ever felt the same way about Capsule Corp. They were going there less and less.
 
Goku looked up at the clatter of dishes, somewhat fearful of the end to this dinner. He was both relieved and frustrated when he realized Vegeta was merely getting another helping. Goku looked down and ate a few more bites.
 
Yes, things had been going well over the past year. Goku had been surprised when Vegeta had claimed that they were spouses now. Goku had wanted a serious relationship, but knew it would probably only go so far. Vegeta had obliterated that notion by opening himself up and making vows before their families. With coaching, Goku had repeated the vows. It seemed a little strange to be married to Vegeta, but it had been what he truly wanted, so he was happy.
 
The sex was amazing. With the exception of those three years that he had been training for the androids, and their marriage had been on the rocks, Goku and Chichi had had a fulfilling sex life. However, they had both been virgins when they were married, and neither of them had been into exploring various kinks. Goku just hadn't been interested, and Chichi had never spoken about them. Of course, he always made sure that Chichi was “fulfilled,” having learned a few basic things from an embarrassing but ultimately rather tame lecture from Master Roshi. (Roshi may have been an old pervert, but he knew enough to treat Goku and Chichi's marriage with respect.) So Chichi had no complaints, and neither did he.
 
Yet with Vegeta… For one thing, Goku hadn't known that certain things could go in certain places. For another thing, he hadn't realized that their bodies could bend in certain ways. Vegeta was obviously experienced, and from more than sex with Bulma… or females, for that matter. From the beginning Goku had given Vegeta control in that aspect of their relationship, and still found it easy to surrender to the more experienced prince.
 
Not that Goku hadn't learned well and quickly…
 
A fork dropped, startling Goku. Vegeta was finished, and staring at Goku with such intensity that it made the younger man tingle with perhaps a little fear. At that, Vegeta got up, threw his napkin down on his plate, and left dining room for the den.
 
Goku stared at the empty space where Vegeta had been in pure shock.
 
He must really be angry, Goku thought.
 
Their routine was infallible, breaking only when they went out to eat. They took turns cooking, both being proficient at the art that was so important to a Saiyan, and the person who didn't cook washed up afterwards. Vegeta was surprising egalitarian in his views of relationships. He had just never had to make such an arrangement with Bulma because either Mrs. Briefs or the robots did all the cooking.
 
Goku had cooked that night. Normally, Vegeta would have cleaned off the table and washed the dishes.
 
Not tonight, apparently.
 
Goku began stacking the dirty dishes, scraping a few remnants into the garbage. He cast a few sullen glances at the swinging doors leading to the den. Dammit, it wasn't like it was entirely his fault! He didn't mean for it to happen.
 
It had happened earlier that week. Trunks had gotten overwhelmed during a new merger at Capsule Corp., so Vegeta had volunteered to help represent the Briefs family at a corporate banquet. Vegeta had actually gone to plenty of those functions with Bulma, so he was fairly comfortable.
 
Goku, on the other hand, was not. Vegeta had really wanted him to go with him, and Goku had been tempted. This was a moment when Vegeta was actually opening up to him and including him in his life - not only in their little home, but also the outside world. That was tremendous progress in their relationship. But one thought to a tux and those little black fish eggs on a cracker, and Goku said no.
 
He didn't say no right out, though. He begged off, inventing the excuse that he had planned to see Gohan that night. Vegeta had accepted that without question, and seemed fine with it. Of course, Goku hadn't made plans with Gohan, and Gohan hadn't even been home that night, prompting Goku to find a nice arcade across town for the evening and veg out on Mortal Kombat.
 
Yes, Goku had lied to him. He hadn't revealed his night's activities, but he had only fed Vegeta that story to spare him his feelings. What was he going to say? “Sorry, Vegeta, but I don't want to endure the stupid and boring party for your sake.”
 
Hell, no.
 
It would have worked fine, too, but for a certain chore that Vegeta had asked him to do that night.
 
Vegeta had another boring function to go to later on, featuring some of the same boring people, so he couldn't wear the same outfit. Vegeta had asked Goku to drop the suit off at the dry cleaners near Gohan's. Goku had gotten as far as the arcade when he realized that he still had the suit encapsulated in his pocket. Thankfully, there was a dry cleaner across the street that was just about to close up. He'd rushed in before they closed. Unfortunately, the store was not a 24-hour type place, but Goku could just explain that the regular dry cleaner had a backlog or orders. Goku was at least thankful that he could get the suit the day before the function.
 
Goku scrubbed the dishes angrily, yet careful not to break any of them. He gritted his teeth. No, he hadn't checked the garment when he picked it up yesterday. He'd merely taken it home, hung it in the closet, and run outside to spar with Vegeta.
 
That was yesterday. It wasn't until early that very afternoon that Vegeta had taken the suit out of its plastic covering, which must have seemed strange to him since it was an unrecognizable brand. But the next strange thing to happen was when he tried to pull on the pants… and found that the pants were hanging in shreds.
 
The shirt and coat were no different. It took Vegeta no time to guess part of what happened… and that he had been lied to.
 
Goku closed his eyes, his heart thumping loudly in his chest as he remember the horror he'd felt earlier that day. He'd been in the kitchen getting a cold drink, and when he closed the fridge door, he saw clearly Vegeta's furious face and the shredded suit in his hand. Vegeta had glared purposefully at Goku and then thrown the garments on the floor, where it was lying now. Goku didn't have the nerve to touch it or move it.
 
Vegeta had refused all explanations. Instead, Goku had to sit on the couch in sickly silence, staring at Vegeta, drink forgotten beside him. Vegeta had paced the den, first placing in a call to Gohan. Goku could pretty much guess the result of that particular conversation by Vegeta's strained voice and the way his hard eyes cut over to Goku. Then Vegeta had called the dry cleaners near Gohan's, and then searched for and called the actual dry cleaners' number. After a few less-than-veiled threats, the dry cleaners had agreed to refund the cleaning bill and the price of the suit.
 
Goku had felt horrible when Vegeta stated the price of the suit.
 
Then his stomach dropped in when he heard Vegeta say, “Thank you. That suit was a gift from my late wife.”
 
Goku put each dish neatly in place. That statement haunted him. A gift from Bulma. Vegeta had entrusted Goku with a remembrance from Bulma, and he had treated it like garbage.
 
Dammit… if only I had checked! Or if only I had remembered to take it to the cleaners that Vegeta had asked me to. This would have never happened - Vegeta would have never found out!
 
Vegeta must have already guessed all of his offenses. Goku couldn't figure out which angered Vegeta more.
 
Goku looked around the kitchen. He had taken his time on the dishes, not wanting to leave the sanctity of the kitchen. He had a wild notion that maybe Vegeta would get tired and go to bed before Goku was finished… or perhaps get involved in a movie or something and momentarily forget about being mad. Of course, that was ridiculous. Goku knew that Vegeta had some kind of plans for him. He figured that out when Vegeta had telephoned Trunks and said that he would not be attending the function that night, and then tersely ordered Goku to cook dinner. He knew Vegeta at least wanted to talk to him - take him to task for his irresponsibility and thoughtlessness.
 
He paused before the swinging doors, wincing as he passed the rumbled suit. The destroyed gift from Bulma.
 
Not a sound emanated from the den. Vegeta was definitely not watching TV, but he might have gone to bed…
 
No. Goku could hear the almost imperceptible sound of breathing. Vegeta was in there, waiting for him in silence.
 
Dammit! Why does this have to be so hard?! Why can't we just get it over with?! Why can't he just forgive and forget?! Will he stay mad at me forever?
 
This was ridiculous, of course. No matter the importance of the suit, or the amount of the lies, Vegeta would not stay angry forever. It just seemed that way at the time.
 
His breath catching in his throat, Goku pushed the door open and walked hesitantly within the warm confines of the den. A nice fire was crackling in the fireplace, and the lights were turned a bit lower. Goku would almost call the atmosphere romantic if not for the fear. Vegeta was staring at him from an armchair, a book lying upended on the arm to mark the place. Vegeta had obviously been paying attention and had abandoned his reading just as Goku had finished cleaning.
 
Goku bit his bottom lip. He was surprised that the sound of his heart didn't fill the entire room. His stomach was clenched, and he could almost feel the acid eating away at his stomach lining from the last five hours of worry.
 
The clock struck nine, startling Goku. Vegeta remained calm and focused, though. He was definitely the one in control of the situation.
 
Goku studied his spouse's face and could surprisingly find no vestige of the former fury. Vegeta's stare was hard and intense, but not the wild anger that people always associated with Vegeta. Vegeta looked more like a stern sensei or father surveying a wayward student or son.
 
Goku shuddered at the strange thought.
 
“Come here, Kakarrot,” Vegeta said softly yet firmly.
 
Goku made for the couch adjacent to the chair and sat on its edge, feeling out of synch with the world. At that moment, he would have given anything to make everything right again.
 
Goku barely breathed, waiting for the lecture he knew was coming. He wasn't sure what Vegeta would say. They had never had an instance like this in their entire relationship, and certainly not in their marriage. So Goku was expecting just about anything.
 
“Kakarrot… I want to tell you about a Saiyan custom.”
 
Goku had not been expecting that.
 
Goku wrinkled his brow in confusion, but remembered that he was not in control of the situation. It was Vegeta's call, and Vegeta would dress him down when he felt good and ready.
 
In the meantime, his mind buzzing with confusion and not a little fear, Goku nodded and consented to whatever Vegeta was going to tell him.
 
Vegeta smirked. “I realize that it may seem strange for this particular moment, and that I'm usually not comfortable with revealing things about our dead people. I was forbidden to talk of such things when I served in Frieza's army. Old habits die hard. But don't worry. This is something pertinent to us, and will ultimately help us. I have no reason or desire to keep this from you.”
 
Goku nodded gravely, still confused as hell.
 
Vegeta's gaze hardened a bit. “I have not told you everything about Saiyan marriage. Since I am uncomfortable with the subject, I have told you things on a need-to-know basis. Frankly,” Vegeta said gravely, “I had hoped this was something you would not need to know.
 
Goku felt himself slowly calming down, despite the ominous words. Maybe it was Vegeta's calm that was leaking over to him. No matter the reason, Goku found himself more ready to listen.
 
“Marriage is very important to a Saiyan,” Vegeta continued. “Perhaps even more than to humans. It was practically unheard of to divorce your spouse or commit adultery. Those who did were immediately dishonored and barred from the status of a warrior, losing their name in the process. Marriage is the most intimate bond a Saiyan can have, and only loyalty to the king can take precedence. Spouses must treat each other with utmost respect, loyalty, and fidelity.” Vegeta smirked. “I guess you could call that love, but it doesn't have the same connotations as on this planet.”
 
Goku had heard this before, actually. He waited.
 
“The traditions within a marriage are understood, and vary little. They are all contained in the vows. When you asked me to translate our vows, it was difficult. I, however, left out a certain clause. Or, perhaps, a certain double meaning.”
 
The fire started crackling low, and Goku shivered. Vegeta noticed this and crossed the room to stoke the fire. Goku noticed how Vegeta's dark silhouette became more imposing in the darkness. Goku hadn't shivered because he felt cold. He had shivered because he was finally feeling his vulnerability to his spouse.
 
“What double meaning?” the younger man asked finally.
 
Vegeta turned around, but remained standing, keeping his formidable silhouette. “Saiyan law is very strict, yet, beyond infidelity, it cannot enforce the actual marriage vows and every clause. That the law leaves up to the married couple… especially when it comes to domestic disputes. I suppose the law could intervene much like on Earth whenever there is a domestic disturbance, but the tradition is too ingrained in Saiyan culture to ever have that need.”
 
What tradition?! Goku raged silently.
 
“A Saiyan must always face the consequences of his or her actions, and the consequences must fit the action. When a Saiyan breaks the law, the state punishes. When a Saiyan breaks a marriage vow, or in any way disrespects his or her spouse, the spouse must punish the wrongdoing. Yet a Saiyan cannot exactly imprison his or her spouse as the state would do. Neither can a Saiyan fight his or her spouse, since sparring is an expression of love and camaraderie.”
 
Goku nodded, knowing how much he loved to spar with Vegeta. It made him sick to think of Vegeta beating him up in a fight as punishment. Not only was he stronger than his spouse, but that would ruin a wonderful part of their relationship with bad memories. That would never do.
 
“Therefore,” Vegeta continued, “Saiyans employ a system of marital discipline that I believe is prevalent in some forms on this planet. On Vegeta-sei, it was called kabaya. Here, I believe it is called spanking.”
 
Goku's eyes flew open and his breath hitched, his calm immediately shattered. No…
 
Vegeta continued despite Goku's obvious discomfiture. “While you were cooking, I was online reading about various traditions. I was surprised to find a sub-culture that practiced the same kind of marital discipline, but the rules vary greatly, and you have probably not heard of any of them. To allay your confusion, I will explain our tradition.”
 
Goku was beginning to sweat.
 
Vegeta's conversational tone was in stark contrast with his words. “When a Saiyan has been caught in wrongdoing that warrants punishment, that Saiyan in immediately disgraced in the eyes of the spouse. The wrongdoer must not speak to his or her spouse, and the spouse must only speak to the wrongdoer in terse orders… until the actual time of the punishment. That is why I have not allowed you to speak, as well as ordered you to cook and clean. When you wronged me, you automatically demoted yourself in my eyes.”
 
Goku found it impossible to look at Vegeta. The room was becoming unbearably hot.
 
“This practice…”
 
“You're not going to spank me,” Goku blurted out, nearly choking in panic.
 
“Kakarrot!” Vegeta loomed over Goku dangerously.
 
Goku instinctively shrunk away from him, startled by his sudden harshness.
 
At Goku's cringe, Vegeta's expression softened just a bit. “Hear me out, Kakarrot,” Vegeta said calmly. “Nothing has been decided yet. Nothing has to be decided tonight. But I want you to listen to everything, and then we'll make the decision together. Now, calm down and listen.”
 
Goku gulped and nodded, eyes downcast.
 
Vegeta backed down a bit and continued from where he was interrupted. “As I was saying, this practice was designed to get the wrongdoer in the right mindset for the spanking. The interim time of dishonor would usually last until night, depending on when the wrongdoer was found out. Then, at night, the tradition becomes a more exact ritual.
 
“The punishment must be alone, with only the couple inhabiting the house that night. The wrongdoer must relieve himself of all clothing and present himself to his spouse… and never in the bedroom. Then the wrongdoer, usually at his spouse's prompting, must state - not explain or excuse - but state his actions and request punishment for those actions. Then the spouse must name a punishment, and the wrongdoer must get into position without hesitation. I noticed that some Earthers implement objects to strike the offender's bottom. For a Saiyan, a hand would do just fine… although I could make an exception in your case for more serious wrongdoings, since it would be more humiliating for you if I do not even touch you with my hand.”
 
Goku, despite supreme fear, embarrassment, and anticipation, couldn't help but notice how personal this explanation was getting. First Vegeta had been careful to be gender non-specific, and then had narrowed the wrongdoer to a “he.” Now he was using “you” and “I.”
 
Calm down, Goku. Vegeta said that we didn't have to decide anything tonight. This isn't definite.
 
“This is the only time, culturally, that a Saiyan is allowed to cry.”
 
Goku looked up in shock.
 
“A wrongdoer must show remorse. At the moment of the spanking, he is stripped of all dignity in every way. He is expected to act lower than a dishonored Saiyan. A wrongdoer must freely voice his pain and sorrow for his wrong.”
 
Goku stared hard at the floor. Vegeta expected him to… cry?
 
“Once the beating is over, the wrongdoer must give a final apology and statement of repentance. Then… it's all over. Everything. The punishment, the estrangement, the time of dishonor… even any mistrust. Everything is wiped clean by the punishment. The wrongdoing will not be mentioned again. No recriminations. The couple can go on with their lives.”
 
Had Goku heard properly? After a… spanking… everything would be over?
 
Vegeta sat on the edge of the couch next to Goku and laid his hand on Goku's knee, almost reassuringly. “Kakarrot… this tradition is there for a reason. Think on this evening. While I have known exactly what is going on, and have had some peace in that, you have not. How did you feel tonight… when I was calling people on the phone… when I denied you voice… through supper?”
 
Goku found it difficult to find his voice. He knew that this was not a rhetorical question. “I… um… I felt… horrible. Worried. I felt like there was a wall between us.” Goku voice broke at this, but he willed himself not to cry.
 
Vegeta nodded in approval. “I imagined as much. Imagine feeling that for weeks.”
 
Goku didn't even want to think about it, but his imagination already had it. Weeks…
 
“This punishment takes that away. It enforces closure… healing to a wound that could endanger the marriage. Imagine that wall never coming down.”
 
Goku's eyes were burning.
 
“Now imagine I had to go through the same thing… for something that you did.”
 
Goku stopped breathing.
 
“I would be punished for actions not my own. I would continue being hurt and untrusting. In fact, I would possibly be suffering more than you.”
 
God, no, Vegeta…
 
Vegeta's voice became rough. “Tell me, Kakarrot… is that fair?”
 
Goku knew it wasn't… he'd never wish that on Vegeta. He somehow managed to shake his head.
 
Vegeta's hand tightened on Goku's leg. “Believe me, Kakarrot, I would be suffering through the punishment as well. I would not enjoy hurting you - making you feel less than nothing. But neither do I enjoy it when you disrespect me. Neither would I enjoy any lasting estrangement between us. Ultimately, Kakarrot, the punishment would make us both hurt far less.”
 
It would all be over, Goku couldn't help but think.
 
It took five minutes of silence for Goku to realize that Vegeta had stopped talking. The older man was looking expectantly at Goku instead. Goku understood that some response was expected from him.
 
“What about this choice?” Goku finally said.
 
Vegeta sighed. “I was remiss in informing you about our vows. Frankly, I forgot about that discipline clause at the time. When I remembered, I didn't say anything because I was sure that we were old enough not to need it. Since you didn't know about it earlier - since I didn't tell you about it - then you didn't truly agree to it in the vows, and it would be the height of unfairness and disrespect to expect you to follow a vow you never even knew about. It is your choice now, Kakarrot. I think this tradition would be beneficial to our marriage, but you need to be sure. I have explained everything to you, and tried to emphasize the tradition's importance. The rest is up to you. Like I implied earlier, you can refuse or accept tonight - this very moment - or you can save the decision for later.
 
“Until you make a final decision, though, I will continue to treat you as if you were dishonored. I could not in good conscience make things the way they were before until you made a decision. If you choose not to follow this tradition, you would have to work for my trust as human couples do. It would make our marriage difficult, but we would be no less married. I'm not going to leave you simply because you do not submit to kabaya, and I will not be angry and untrusting forever. So don't think that you can say anything that will make me leave you.”
 
Vegeta then stopped speaking and allowed Goku to think.
 
Goku tumbled it over in his head. He'd never been afraid that Vegeta was going to leave him, but it did take some of the pressure off. He definitely did not want a spanking, though. His immediate response was that the punishment was for children. He recoiled from the very idea.
 
He was not inexperienced in spanking. He had received a total of three spankings in his lifetime - all during childhood. Two had been from his grandfather, and both times it had been for wandering off and staying out too late and too close to moonrise… when it was a full moon. Goku hadn't truly understood his grandfather's reaction at the time, but now, with his knowledge of Oozaru, he could only imagine his grandfather's fear and anger and worry, all of which he poured out in swats to Goku's bare bottom.
 
Goku could only image how bad it would have been for his grandfather if he had remained untrustworthy.
 
His third spanking had been administered by Master Roshi when he was only twelve. During a morning milk run, Roshi had stopped to chat with an old friend and ordered his students to carry on without him, and that he'd catch up shortly. This was when the training was getting easier with Goku's developing strength, so his mind had begun to tend to wander. When he'd seen a groundhog, an unfamiliar animal to him, his curiosity got the better of him and, unbeknownst to Krillen, he'd gone after the little burrowing animal without a thought to milk.
 
When he finally caught up to Krillen, Master Roshi was there waiting. It was the first time he had ever looked disappointed in Goku and, unexpectedly, it had cut Goku to the quick. Later that day, after the morning training, Roshi sent Krillen with Lunch to fetch groceries and stayed behind to “instruct” his pupil on the importance of focus in training.
 
Goku had rarely dwelt on any of those transgressions. Now he realized why.
 
Each time he had been punished immediately by the wronged party. It was just like Vegeta had said. All transgressions were forgotten and trust was restored after the spanking. The incidents, both wrongdoing and punishment, were never mentioned again. It was like it had been…
 
… wiped clean.
 
Goku remembered disciplining his own children. Neither had ever deserved much discipline, but both had the same occasional tendency to, like their father, wander off and endanger themselves. Goku couldn't help but remember the sick feeling he'd gone through when Gohan had wandered out of his sight in the Room of Spirit and Time. Or when Goten had met some boys during a shopping trip in the city and run off with them without a thought to his parents. Both boys had been harshly disciplined afterwards. Goku hadn't enjoyed doing it, but the hurt of a spanking ended any hurt and mistrust, and the next day things were back to normal between father and sons, though Goku could tell the boys hadn't forgotten their lessons for at least a week.
 
Goku could tell that Vegeta was hurting. He was hurting himself, but, if Goku's experiences with his sons were any indication, Vegeta must hurt more. And Goku couldn't stand it.
 
“I agree,” Goku said in a whisper. The sound was almost lost in the crackling of the fire.
 
Vegeta heard.
 
The prince's hand had stayed on Goku's leg for the entirety of his inner struggle. Now Vegeta's hand moved slowly up the younger man's face, touching him gently in a caress more loving and intimate than any experienced in sex. Goku immediately shivered and leaned in to the hand, desperately needing the comfort it represented.
 
Vegeta's voice was just as soft. “Go upstairs and undress completely, and then come back down here. Don't worry, Kakarrot. I'll guide you through this.”
 
Goku suddenly realized the reality of the situation, and what that same comforting hand would shortly come to represent.
 
Goku stumbled to his feet, feeling so damn clumsy in his large frame. Yet now he knew what was going to happen, and that certainty was both a blessing and a curse as he labored up the stairs.
 
He had appeared before Vegeta naked before. He'd never had a problem with nudity. In fact, Bulma and Yamcha had been at great pains to teach him the importance of wearing clothing in public when he was a child. Even after that, public nudity had never bothered him. And he certainly had never felt embarrassment before Vegeta in their nightly… and daily… activities.
 
But this time… disrobing for a spanking… made Goku shake with fear. His skin was overly sensitive to the cotton sliding over it and the cool air assaulting it in bareness. He threw his shirt down on the floor, as he was want to do before taking a shower, but then thought better of it. He bent down and neatly folded his shirt, and did the same for each article of clothing, topping off the pile with a pair of white boxers.
 
He wished he didn't feel so extremely vulnerable!
 
Remember, you are less than nothing right now… until the end of your spanking.
 
Yet Goku knew that it just wasn't true. That was the proper mindset, but he couldn't help but think how deliberate Vegeta was being with him… how loving. Even though Goku was going to get assaulted, he really felt protected.
 
Having decided that, yet still extremely fearful, Goku walked slowly down the stairs and back into the den.
 
Vegeta was waiting for him, sitting in the middle of the couch. A pillow was across his lap, and another was to his left. Goku had a fair idea what they were for.
 
“Stand before me,” Vegeta said quietly.
 
Goku moved tremblingly in front of Vegeta, forcing his hands to remain at his sides and not try to cover his privates. Perhaps in another situation this would have been erotic, but not when Goku was feeling so scared.
 
“State your wrongdoings.”
 
Goku immediately discovered that this part of it was worse than he'd thought, even worse than the imagined spanking. The problem was that he didn't know how much Vegeta had been able to figure out. He was barely even sure what transgression had hurt Vegeta the most.
 
He knew he couldn't hide anything. He couldn't take for granted that Vegeta hadn't been able to figure out the full extent of his wrongdoings - the lies upon lies that had piled up. If he omitted anything that Vegeta had been able to guess… Vegeta would never trust him again. And Goku just couldn't do that to him.
 
“I… I… When you asked me to go to the banquet with you, I… told you I couldn't because I'd made plans with Gohan. I… lied… to you…” Goku's voice broke at that, but Vegeta merely stared at him, waiting for him to continue. “I lied to you to get out of going to the banquet, because I knew it would be boring.” Goku hoped that Vegeta wouldn't take that as an excuse, because it wasn't. Goku wanted to include it because it seemed like his first betrayal to Vegeta.
 
Betrayal…
 
Goku's breath was beginning to come in sobs, though his eyes were still dry. “When Gohan wasn't at home, then I went to the arcade across town.” Vegeta's eyebrow raised at that, and Goku reddened in shame. Vegeta had obviously had no way to guess that. “But I'd forgotten about your suit. So I took it to the dry cleaners near the arcade, but it wasn't a 24-hour place, so I lied to you…” his voice broke again, “about the dry cleaners to cover for my mistake. Then I didn't even check the suit to make sure the dry cleaners did a proper job before I left the place oh god I'm sorry,” the last came out in a rush. Goku was near to sobbing by the time he was finished.
 
Vegeta surveyed him calmly. “Kakarrot, do you understand how much you allowed that to escalate? If you had just come to banquet with me, like I wanted, you would have possibly been bored, but you might have kept me from being as bored, and we could have had a rewarding time afterward. I really wanted you to go with me; you understand that, don't you?”
 
Goku nodded miserably.
 
“I will overlook the little detail about the arcade, though you could have simply come home and admitted immediately. I was still at home before the dry cleaners closed, I believe. You could have merely teleported straight to me and perhaps even prepared for the banquet. Things would have been a little easier then.”
 
Vegeta paused, but then forged on. “But you astound me with your stupidity about the dry cleaners. A stop at a 24-hour place the next day would have been better and far quicker.”
 
Vegeta's face set in hard lines. “Over the past week, you have been thoughtless, irresponsible, selfish, and deceitful. That is not the man I married - the hero who has saved the universe on countless times. You not only betrayed me - you betrayed yourself.”
 
It was a strange moment when Goku realized the enormity of what he had done. Before he had just been sorry he had gotten caught. Now… he realized he had hurt everyone around him, including himself, and made a mockery of his reputation.
 
For that, he was truly sorry.
 
With that, he was ready for the spanking, and Vegeta could tell this.
 
“For all these transgressions, Kakarrot, you will lay across my lap and I will spank your bare bottom with my hand until I feel you have had enough. You must show remorse, but no amount of begging will abate the punishment.”
 
Goku nodded, feeling the inevitability sweeping over him like a flood. Trembling, he positioned himself over Vegeta's knee.
 
Neither of them spoke. Goku knew instinctively that now was not the time for speaking, though Vegeta had promised him that he would be begging in no time.
 
But Goku had never been a begging man, nor a crying man. He had taken beatings that had broken bones with only screams of pain - never pleas for mercy. He had faced death deliberately - twice - with barely a whimper. He had only cried twice in his life: when his grandfather had visited him from the dead, and right before his wife had died.
 
Goku was resolved that he would neither cry nor beg. He was perhaps voice his pain wordlessly, and then apologize immediately afterward. But he would not debase himself in that way.
 
While Goku was thinking this, Vegeta was shifting Goku into the proper position. Before he knew it, Goku's ass was upturned and displayed to its fullest. The position rendered him immobile, though it was beginning to get a bit erotic. Goku almost thought that Vegeta would forget about the spanking and pound his ass in a different way. Of course, Goku realized he wasn't in his right mind, and banished such ridiculous thoughts.
 
The truth was that he was going to get a hard, bare-bottom spanking, and he could do nothing about it.
 
Goku's fear almost choked him as Vegeta spoke again. “Kakarrot, I want you to listen to me very carefully. I want you to arch your back as far as you can. Your hands will stay in front of you; you may grip that pillow if necessary. You will hold this position as best you can. Any movement that I can tell is not involuntary will prolong your punishment, and any escape attempt will earn you a repeat performance tomorrow.”
 
Goku felt like he had been touched by a live wire, he was trembling so much. He gripped the pillow until his knuckles were pure white before him.
 
That was before the pure panic he felt when Vegeta turned Super Saiyan.
 
No way! No fucking way! Goku screamed in his head as he struggled against the superior power. He didn't know… it would hurt even more… Goku felt his power flaring involuntarily.
 
Two strong arms roughly held him down, preventing Goku from hurting himself in his struggles. “Kakarrot!” the older man barked. “You will settle down this instant and keep your power level to normal. I don't want to see even a strand of yellow hair on you.”
 
Goku powered down quickly, but he was still trembling.
 
Vegeta's voice grew softer. “I won't permanently hurt you, Kakarrot. For the record, I will only spank you as a Super Saiyan when you lie to me. That's because lying is the worst thing you could ever do to me.”
 
Goku forced himself to calm down, knowing he had earned this. It had merely caught him by surprise.
 
Vegeta must have satisfied himself that Goku had regained his submission, because he went on. “I do not want you to hurt my ears with your screams. Muffle your screams in the pillow. However, if you have anything to say to me, you will raise your head and say it loudly enough for me to hear. Do you understand, Kakarrot?”
 
Goku, not trusting his voice, nodded miserably. Then he felt the cool, reassuring, maddening touch of Vegeta's hand against his ass.
 
“All right, Kakarrot,” Vegeta said hoarsely. “It's beginning.”
 
Goku clenched his ass fearfully, wanting some measure of protection and preparation. Vegeta's hand had left him, and now all he could do was wait for the first blow to come.
 
The delay was so long, however, that he had already relaxed in confusion when the first open-palmed blow rained down on his unprotected bottom.
 
Goku bit back a howl. Pain! Not the kind that accompanied harsh training, or a well-placed punch. At least he was expecting that type of pain. No, this pain was entirely different.
 
Two hard smacks to the center of each cheek. And then, in an erratic place, at the tender undercurve of his bottom.
 
The pace was slow and punishing. Each slap of the hand seemed to be carefully gauged deliver just as much pain as Goku could safely handle. If there was a pattern to the placement or timing of the spanks, Goku couldn't perceive it. That was part of the pain of the moment. During a fight, Goku at least had a miniscule amount of time to prepare for a punch or kick during the time he saw it coming. Now, however, his world was centered around the area of his ass, and he could not see were the blows were be coming next.
 
Vegeta was being so deliberate with him, though. If he weren't feeling this much pain and humiliation, he would have realized the love that went into each blow.
 
So far, Goku had kept his promise to himself. As precaution, he had buried his head in the pillow to muffle any screams. The pillow, and his eyes, was dry, and he had only made inarticulate cries of pain.
 
Then Vegeta's hand came down hard on the divide in Goku's ass, almost covering the full area, and Goku screamed.
 
The pain was so fucking intense. In a moment of blind panic and desperation, Goku's hand reached back to afford some protection.
 
Immediately his hand was caught in a vise-like grip, pinning the wrist to the small of his back. Goku realized that he had broken one of the rules, and that it would only prolong his punishment. He shook, knowing he would only get so many chances before Vegeta decided that Goku would need punishing the next day.
 
Goku didn't want that. He wanted to get it over with. Gently, he pulled his hand out of Vegeta's grip and placed it back in front of him underneath the pillow. With all his might, he willed himself into submission.
 
Slowly, he felt a hand running through his hair, petting the wild tresses. He almost choked in happiness. Vegeta was rewarding him for regaining control.
 
The moment of comfort was soon over, though, and Vegeta's hand went back to being the dreaded instrument of Goku's torment.
 
The blows were coming more evenly now, much like foreplay must lead to the rhythm of sex. Goku was still screaming and moaning into his pillow. How long had this gone on? It was difficult for Goku to tell, since his measure of time had narrowed to each pause between spanks. The ki-powered hand was blistering hot, accentuating the heat that was steadily forming on his ass. He was now truly able to feel each slap - the burning heat of the palm, and the wild sting of the fingers.
 
It was too much…
 
He only wished he could look at a clock…
 
Or even Vegeta's face…
 
But the blows kept coming, and there was no way to stop it. There was absolutely nothing he could do.
 
Did he really deserve this?
 
But he had betrayed Vegeta. He had betrayed him.
 
Goku's mind swirled in confusion, caught up in the increasingly unbearable pain.
 
“Kakarrot.”
 
It took a minute for Goku to realize that Vegeta had spoken to him. Slowly, he raised his head, his ass clenching and unclenching in pain and further anticipation. It was so hot he swore someone could cook a meal on it.
 
“I want you to open your legs. I need to spank the insides of your thighs.”
 
Shyly, shivering with humiliation and pain, Goku widened his thighs. The stretching of the skin on his ass as he moved took his breath away, and he stopped.
 
“Wider,” Vegeta commanded harshly, to which Goku complied quickly. “And now I want you to hold your cock and balls with both hands. I don't want to hit them while I'm doing this.”
 
Goku hesitantly, tremblingly, reached between his legs. Surprisingly, his cock had been semi-erect, though the realization made him lose his arousal fast. He didn't want to be aroused by this. This was a time of punishment, a time of disgrace. Even though this was an expression of love on a deep level, it was not sex. That would come later.
 
So, though he would have given anything to keep his legs closed, to get off of Vegeta's lap and leave, to escape the burning, humiliating punishment, Goku held his cock and balls, thoroughly covering them to protect them as best he could. He then pictured himself: hands between his legs in shame, bright red ass sticking prominently in the air and legs spread wide to present everything to plain view, and Vegeta looking on with hand raised and intent to make him thoroughly feel his humiliation. Goku wanted to run. But his conscience wouldn't let him. His love for Vegeta wouldn't let him. He knew that to avoid all punishment from Vegeta, he would have to leave Vegeta, and that was unthinkable. That would destroy them both.
 
Yet, as Goku thought about his most humiliating position yet, a slow tear fell from his eye. His eyes were burning, and the pattern on the pillow case was blurring. He tried to stop it. He tried to think of something… anything else. But if he wasn't thinking of his position, or the blistering punishment he was receiving, he was thinking about what he had done to Vegeta… all the stupid things he had done and lies he had told.
 
“No… please, Vegeta…”
 
The plea was soft and broken, coming through a throat hoarse from screaming and painfully contracted from the hot tears spilling down his face and soaking the rumpled pillow beneath him. A tiny voice in the back of his mind was screaming that Goku was breaking the promise he made to himself… on both counts.
 
“No… god, no, please…”
 
Goku truly didn't care at the moment.
 
He felt a hot hand caressing his exposed thighs, again seeming to comfort. Goku could only sob, because he knew that his pleas wouldn't do a bit of good.
 
And he was right. Vegeta comforting hand had quickly drawn back and slapped down on the left inner thigh before Goku could even prepare.
 
“God, no PLEASE!!!”
 
The scream had torn itself from Goku's throat involuntarily. His cries of pain, his begging for relief, his tearful sobs all escalated as the delicate tissue of each inner thigh was reddened and blistered. Goku wanted to stop the hands, but he knew that he would have to release his privates and risk them getting hit.
 
Goku was caught in hell, with his only savior as his tormenter.
 
A hard unexpected slap to his right ass cheek launched Goku off of Vegeta's lap. Goku knocked his head against the couch arm, which was thankfully cushioned. His knees were now on Vegeta's lap.
 
“Kakarrot!” Vegeta admonished.
 
Immediately Goku scrambled back into position, paying no heed to his pain. “I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please, I'm sorry, Vegeta, I'm sorry, please…”
 
Vegeta didn't stroke him or reassure him this time. “It's almost over, Kakarrot,” Vegeta said, pushing Goku's legs together and down. Goku had already placed his hands under the pillow in front of him, forgetting all of the position in the panic and confusion.
 
Goku couldn't be comforted by those words. He wanted it to be over now.
 
“No, Vegeta, please, I'm sorry, no more, please please Please!” Goku screamed as Vegeta's hand fell yet again.
 
Goku didn't know that Vegeta's blows were actually considerably softer than before. Goku was reaching his breaking point, his threshold of pain, and the slightest touch made him scream and cry and beg. His movements were jerky - not attempts to escape, but involuntary struggles from an overload of pain. Goku tried to control himself, but couldn't. He had no control.
 
Finally he broke down in loud sobs, his head hurting from crying so hard. He shook with each sob, not even noticing each separate blow. Vegeta's left arm had pinned him to the couch, and finally Goku entrusted himself to Vegeta's hands.
 
Goku had finally submitted to the spanking.
 
His pleas still broke through loud sobs, but they weren't as articulate. Instead, his wails resembled the cries of a child, unrestrained by dignity, pride… any inhibition. They were a cleansing outpouring of his soul, purging every feeling and thought and pouring them out of the damp pillow in his arms.
 
Goku suddenly realized, when his sobs became weak from exhaustion, that Vegeta wasn't spanking him anymore.
 
“You can get up now, Kakarrot.”
 
Goku choked, trying to move his legs. He couldn't. He was too physically and emotionally overwhelmed to move at all. Even the stray thought that any delay in following Vegeta's order to get up would earn him more punishment was not incentive enough to leave his position. Goku trembled in his brokenness, still sobbing intermittently.
 
“Please, Vegeta, please…” he said without even thinking about it.
 
Immediately Goku felt strong arms encase him and gently turn him over. He hissed as his burning ass met the suddenly rough material of the couch, but it was enough to be able to open his eyes and see his spouse - his beloved - staring back at him. Vegeta's face was, as usual, immobile, but his eyes expressed all the hurt and the love they had shared that evening.
 
“Vegeta,” Goku croaked through tears. He wanted to thank him. He wanted to again beg for forgiveness. He wanted to tell him he loved him and kiss him - to feel the love that would make everything all right. But the words stuck in his throat, and he continued to be paralyzed. All the needs and wants merely burned near the surface, bringing forth fresh tears.
 
In response, Vegeta tightened his grip on Goku and pulled him to his chest. Goku leaned against his chest and shuddered, breathing in the comforting musk and reveling in the warmth of his lover's ki. He could barely feel the pain anymore.
 
Too soon, Vegeta pulled Goku away. “I know this is hard, Kakarrot,” he said in answer to Goku's whimper, “but the rituals must be followed. You have to get up and stand before me, Kakarrot. Do you remember what to do?”
 
Goku stared at his spouse in confusion, but then remembered from Vegeta's explanation in a flash.
 
Once the beating is over, the wrongdoer must give a final apology and statement of repentance.
 
Goku shuddered. It was almost too much to ask now.
 
Then… it's all over.
 
It would be worth the final humiliation to have it all over and be welcomed back into Vegeta's arms.
 
Working up leverage, with the pain on his ass suddenly flaring to life, Goku stumbled onto his feet. There was a wave of dizziness, but he instinctively regained his bearing and turned to face Vegeta, who had moved the pillow from his lap but otherwise remained exactly where he was. Goku shivered, imagining himself across Vegeta's lap.
 
“V-vegeta,” Goku said hoarsely. “I'm sorry I lied to you. I'm sorry I ruined your suit. I… I… I'm sorry I disrespected you,” Goku broke off in a new stream of tears.
 
Then he drew a blank. He knew he had to repent, but he didn't know what to say. Say that he'd never lie again? That was impossible! That was an empty promise, one made in the safety of Vegeta's control. It would be a lie itself. Goku fought with himself for the words. Vegeta merely patiently waited for Goku to finish.
 
“I… I… will always remember your lesson, and I'll try my hardest to never hurt you again.”
 
One look at Vegeta's face and Goku knew that what he said was enough. There was a closure, and finality about Vegeta's expression as he rose from the couch. As Vegeta approached him, Goku almost pulled away in fear, yet he remembered that everything was supposed to be over.
 
As Vegeta drew him into a kiss, Goku finally felt the wash of relief. It was like coming home. The heady sense of joy finally overwhelmed his exhausted body, and Goku's knees buckled. Vegeta caught him before he fell and hoisted his spouse in his arms.
 
“You are forgiven, Kakarrot,” Vegeta whispered.
 
 
Goku stared in the mirror after his shower. His ass was still red even after a night's sleep and a shower.
 
Goku smiled. Of course, he hadn't slept the whole night.
 
He took in a deep breath, and got a trace whiff of cooking sausage. Goku grinned. Vegeta was making breakfast.
 
Goku carefully pulled on his clothes and bounded down the stairs. But he slowed down as he neared the kitchen.
 
I know he said that everything would be over… but Vegeta's always been good at holding grudges. What if he still blames me for it…
 
Goku walked cautiously into the kitchen.
 
The first thing he noticed was the table laden to full capacity with breakfast. Vegeta was just finishing setting the table, with a cup of coffee for himself and a glass of orange juice for Goku.
 
The next thing that Goku noticed was that the suit was gone… as were all traces of anger from Vegeta's face.
 
He'd gone back to the way he was before.
 
Everything had gone back to the way it was before.
 
“What are you waiting for, Kakarrot?” Vegeta asked. “Eat before it gets cold.”
 
Their eyes met, and all Goku could tell from Vegeta's eyes was that he had truly been forgiven.
 
Now all Goku had to do was to forgive himself.
 
It was silly, really. Vegeta was the wronged party, and he had all control over whether Goku was forgiven or not. He had forgiven him.
 
It's really all right now.
 
Goku's face broke into a mischievous grin. “When have I ever let that happen?”
 
Vegeta nodded, and the two sat down to breakfast, Goku being a little more careful about the actual sitting part than usual. Vegeta smirked at that, but didn't say anything. It didn't really matter anymore. All was forgiven.