Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Fall of the Mighty ❯ Now This Is An Unexpected Predicament ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Some People Expend Tremendous Energy To Just Be Normal~

Intermission is over. Back to the seriousness. Hope you enjoyed the break but now it's time to screw with Vegy and Kaky some more. I'm mean and nasty but I hope you forgive me for it. Actually I hope you like me even more for it. It's who I love to be!

~I'm Abnormal And Proud Of It~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

He just had to be patient. He hadn't been very hungry at all earlier but now his appetite came back with a vengeance. He just had to have faith and not worry, only it was difficult while Vegeta suddenly seemed to be avoiding him. Goku set about eating dinner quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Now This Is An Unexpected Predicament*

The prince of Saiyajin was sweating heavily in the gravity chamber. The brat had been right, he was in no condition to train but he forced himself to endure as much gravity as he could. 'How dare she presume to know me! She knows nothing of me or my past!' He paced under the weight until he finally admitted he couldn't take it anymore. His head throbbed painfully. Grumbling, he shut off the gravity and slumped against the wall. 'Laughing from beyond the grave.' He sighed. 'I am such a fool.' Once again he wished that Kakarott really had killed him at their first meeting. He was no longer bored and no longer a complete worthless waste but he was still as bad off as before. He didn't want this. He didn't want to think about this. Why did he ever let it get this far? He wanted to put it back, back to the way it was before when he hated life and didn't give a damn about anything. He remembered that time, that life so long ago. It had been hell but he had been strong then. Strong in mind if not in body. Right now he almost felt like he had been better off back when all he knew was blood and hate and death. Spice's words hit far too close to home and he felt them distinctly. She was right and he knew it very well.

He'd always known.

He was a prodigy on all sides, bred and raised to fit a mold. The cast was broken. His heritage was gone and so was Frieza but he had already lost his soul. He'd never been able to rise above his problems. He only attacked them head over and over until they were weakened enough to stand even with himself. He'd never been on a par with Kakarott or even been able to wear him down. Somehow, for some reason or other, the Saiyan had seen fit to lower himself to the prince's level and was content. That was the biggest reason Vegeta had hated him for so long and hated himself as well.

Driven by rampaging dismal emotions brought on by these dark thoughts, the prince turned the gravity back on as high as he could stand and proceeded to torture himself with new resolve. He did not want this. He did not want to think about this. He refused to. Kakarott would just have to accept it.

Vegeta locked himself in and pushed himself to the limit. His ki had increased a lot from the last two battles he and Kakarott had waged and he explored the new boundaries. He was doing just fine and whenever he found himself thinking too much then he would merely increase the difficulty of his workout regimen. At one point he felt the other Saiyan close by but the man had not tried to disturb his training. Finally, having pushed himself to the verge of collapse, the prince greeted the cool evening air. His son found him emptying the kitchen of everything edible.

"Hello, father, I haven't seen you train that hard in a long time."

Vegeta barely acknowledged his presence. "What are you talking about?"

Trunks paused, surprised. "You've been in the gravity chamber for three days, father."

"Hn." It didn't surprise Vegeta. He'd done it before without realizing it, it had probably upset Kakarott quite a bit. He pushed away that thought as quickly as it came. 'No, I don't care.'

A short while later the prince was just finishing up his long overdue meal when Goku stopped by. "Hey, Vegeta." The prince resisted cringing at the voice. Goku's smile was not as bright as normal but it was there nonetheless. "Wanna spar?" He asked hopefully. Vegeta stood, heading away.

"No. I'm busy, Kakarott." He left the kitchen and headed up the stairs for his room to get some sleep. Goku caught his arm halfway up the stairs. "No, wait! Don't go, Vegeta." He pleaded.

"Let go, Kakarott." The larger Saiyan turned him and locked eyes with him. "You said you wouldn't disappear!"

"I didn't. I've been here the whole time."

Goku made a frustrated sound and Vegeta resumed his climb.

"Vegeta stop!" He felt large arms encircle him from behind and shivered.

"I told you you can't be here."

By now they reached the top of the stairs. The taller man pulled him around the corner out of sight and pressed him to the wall. "I'm sorry but I wanted to see you, you've been training for so long." Goku leaned in and kissed him not bothering to ask. The contact took Vegeta's breath away and his fatigued body gave into Goku's embrace. By the time he roused himself enough to shake off Goku's grip he found himself in the other man's house.

"Damn it, Kakarott!!"

"What, Vegeta?" The bigger man had already wrapped around the prince again and started to kiss along his neck to nibble at one ear. Vegeta growled but his annoyance and misgivings were already fading into something else. 'I'm so weak!' He once again found himself caught up in the other man. "Oujisama."

"Damn you."

Vegeta was drawn from deep restfulness by odd sounds. Slowly he roused himself enough to take in his surroundings. Kakarott's bedroom. He groaned and stood, taking the sheet with him. He moved to the open doorway and looked down the hall to see the other man leaning on the bathroom doorjam looking pale. "What's wrong with you?" Goku straitened when Vegeta revealed his presence. "I don't know. I just haven't been feeling all that well just lately."

Vegeta frowned at him. "Saiyajin don't get sick." Then he snorted. "It would figure that an insignificant earth sickness would befall a lowly third-cla…" The prince froze in mid sentence. Without another word he disappeared back into the room. 'Third-class. Shit! Third-class… Fuck! Third-class!!'

Curious at the other's behavior Goku followed and found him getting dressed in a hurry. "What's the matter?" The only response he received was "Kami!" when the prince laid eyes on him.

"What?!"

Vegeta refused to look at or speak to him again. At a loss as to what to do Goku decided to change the subject to one that might get a response and sat down with a sigh on the bed. "Spice went back to school. She said we should visit her. She asked me to tell you to come by if you ever wanted to have another night out." Vegeta only partially heard him. He shot Goku one last strange look before leaving. He didn't even bother using the door, instead he walked to the open window and flew out leaving Goku not only perplexed but worried as well.

'OH SHIT!!'

He concealed his ki as soon as he was out of sight. He was positive that the other would come looking for him after the way he'd acted but he couldn't help himself. 'Shit! Shit! Shit!' Once again that word seemed to be the best description of the situation. He needed to leave. He needed to get out of here. He wasn't ready to leave the planet but now his island was no longer an option. Shuddering he realized he needed a shower badly. "Oh Kami!" He stopped in mid air. 'Where the hell am I going?! He knows everywhere I usually go now.' He vaguely recalled Goku mentioning Spice was at school again. Well……she knew anyway. Best of all was that, beyond her own personal enjoyment of the situation, she didn't really care. He had to calm himself down first though. The second she realized he was upset there was no telling how she might torture him. Locating her ki he flew off in a new direction.

Spice sat bored in history class writing whatever popped into her head. Letting her mind wander suddenly she found the words "Oh Kami" and "Shit" scattered throughout her notes. Glancing around confusedly she shrugged and zoned out again. Something was odd. She felt it at the edge of her mind. When the break came up she gladly stepped out into the daylight. On her way to the coke machine she noticed a familiar figure propped carelessly and relaxed against a wall. 'Oh boy, here it comes. Happened faster than I thought it would.'

"Hey, Vegy, just couldn't get enough, could you? Ready for another bender?" The prince hadn't been expecting the invitation. He considered before answering without any hesitation. "Yes." Spice nodded companionably and turned to buy a Coke. 'Holy shit, this *is* serious!'

She took a drink and watched her classmates file back into the room. "Eh, screw that, I'll catch up later. It was starting to put me to sleep anyway. You hungry, Vegy? I feel like barbeque." The prince couldn't help but smirk at the superior, almost snooty fashion she viewed everything with.

The prince dropped a last bone onto the gargantuan pile and Spice threw a wet nap at him. "Well that was interesting. I've never known an all-you-can-eat rib place to run out of ribs before." She pulled out her wallet and handed a C.C. credit card to the waitress. "I forgot to give it back but since you're here I can use it and not worry about Trunks getting pissed. Now let's go shopping." Vegeta snarled at her and she gave him a flat look. "Get a grip, Vegy. You should know me better than that." Next thing they were in line at the grocery store with a cart filled with enough booze and food to cripple an army of college students which was also paid for by C.C.

It was early afternoon and they loaded up the back of her truck. "Now, if you see a herd of idiots converge on us while we're parked at a stoplight or something I expect you to kick some serious ass. This is a college town you know."

Vegeta actually helped carry in everything without grumbling too badly. Spice was really starting to wonder what had happened.

"Where's the shower?" She gave him a strange look but directed him to it. While he was in it she found a pair of baggy black jeans and a big darkgreen shirt. She stuck them in the bathroom with him. 'He probably came strait from training and that's why he's showering. But it *was* early when he showed up…'

"Alright, It's still early, how about a movie?"

All her roomies would be in class late today so they had the two story house to themselves. "We already saw a good horror so how about a western, you'll like Clint Eastwood." She made two tall Jack&cokes and turned on the movie. The girl was itching to find out why Vegeta was there but she had a feeling that she wouldn't find out unless she got him good and relaxed first. They sat in silence through the movie while she kept their glasses full and the prince brooded, ignoring everything. He threw back whatever it was that the girl was giving him. He didn't really care what it was. 'It's all gone to hell! So fucked up! I can't believe how stupid I am! What was I thinking? It's one thing to…' He cut the thought off before it could form completely. He knew she could see that something was off. 'She's not stupid, she's far too much like me. Imagine that! Kakarott spawning a Saiyan of my disposition! Kami! He's laughing at me. The whole universe is laughing at me! Never an unbeatable enemy around when you need one. Fuck!' He tried to stop thinking but for once he couldn't ignore it. 'What have I done to myself! What have I let that kisama bakayaro do to me!'

He realized that Spice had shut off the movie and was now watching him. "What?!"

She took the cup from him. "The movie's over. Do you want to up the anty?"

He wasn't sure what she was asking but he didn't care either. "Whatever." She turned on some comedy improv show and then brought a bunch of bottles to the coffee table along with two smaller glasses. "Here, this is called a Three Wise Men. Try not to taste it on the way down." He watched her throw back the concoction with closed eyes and exhale breathily. The stuff reeked but if she did it so would he. Spice did her best to keep a strait face while Vegeta tried to hold down his coughing as the liquid burned down his throat. Grinning, she poured two more. It didn't take too long for them to start to relax some. Spice took her time spreading out her stash and Vegy was so preoccupied that he didn't even complain much at her attempts to torture him with her strange concoctions. With nothing worth watching in the late afternoon, she turned on some music and taught her uncle some drinking games while Tool blasted around them. Vegeta finally loosened up and Spice couldn't take it anymore. "So why are you here?" The prince's face darkened again but he was not so serious as before. He laughed ruefully and drained the entire contents of his glass. "I'm fucked."

"Literally or figuratively?" The prince glared at her. "Sorry. What happened?"

":Hmph: Why should I tell you?"

She held up a bottle. "Because I'm supplying the painkillers. Besides, you came here for a reason and I'm pretty sure that it wasn't to get drunk again. You weren't exactly thrilled about the aftereffects last time."

He grabbed the bottle from her. "Right now I don't give a damn." He took a swig right from the bottle and made a face. "But this is the most horrible stuff I've ever tasted."

She laughed and stood to retrieve a new bottle. "Here, try this." She handed over a butterscotch snapps.

His eyes brightened. "Now *that* I like." Spice snorted. "Figures you would go for the sweet stuff." He drank the whole bottle in record time. After a few minutes the speedily imbibed alcohol hit him and Spice tried again. "So what's happened? Why'd you come here?"

He leaned back in the chair and sighed. "I supposed it doesn't matter, you already know anyway… I came from Kakarott's house and I'm completely fucked." Spice nodded understandably. "Ah, so I take it you mean that both ways."

He looked ill. "Well, no. I suppose if you wanted to get technical, Kakarott's fucked."

Spice cringed. "Aww hell! I did not need to know that much detail! I was just being facetious! Moving on now! Okay! So what's the problem?"

Vegeta slumped with his head in his hands. "I needed someplace where no one would look for me."

"So you decided to come to college and get wasted with me?" Vegeta shook his head. "I hadn't thought that far ahead yet." By now they were both buzzed, especially Vegeta, and Spice hoped that it would help the prince to open up a little. "You still haven't told me what happened."

He groaned through his hands. "I realized I have overlooked a crucial fact." The girl was starting to get annoyed. "And...?"

"Kakarotto is third-class." She rolled her eyes at him. "Oh please! You're not going to use that lame excuse are you?" His fingers slid up into flamelike spikes and she leaned down to see his glassy eyes. "Vegy?" She saw something she'd never seen before. She almost couldn't put a name to it, it was so…out of character. He looked apprehensive. "Why is that so important? I mean there's no class separator anymore. You two are the only ones left so what's the difference besides lineage?" Spice frowned at him.

The half drunk Saiyan laughed humorlessly. "There's a huge difference. I can't believe I'm so stupid! How could I have forgotten? How could something like that slip my mind?"

"What, Vegy!?! Jeez!" The prince went silent once again, just staring at the ground. "Vegy? Vegeta! Just fuckin spit it out, man!!" The older man roared and threw the empty bottle in front of him to shatter against the far wall.

"BREEDING STOCK!!!"

Suddenly Vegeta was openly fuming. "Kami! He's fucking breeding stock and I fucked him! It used to be such a great joke. The third-class idiot! The moron! Completely useless to the gene pool for his stupidity but the perfect warrior. The joke lost it's edge once his son turned out to be a great fighter *and* a *genius*! It wasn't funny anymore and I forgot about it after all these years. He's Kami damned breeding stock!" Spice just waited wide-eyed for the prince to vent. Slowly she questioned, not sure she wanted to hear the explanation. "What exactly does that mean?" The Saiyajin slumped back into the chair looking beaten. He answered in a very blank and neutral voice. "On Vegetasai there were few women. We Saiyajin are an animalistic race. Women often did not survive easily and those that did more often than not, died in childbirth. There was need of a more reliable way. One class was set aside for the purpose long ago."

Spice took a deep breath, smoothing her hands over her features, ending up rubbing her temples with closed eyes. He could see she was mulling it over, tasting it, turning it around in her mind until she had completely grasped the information from all possible directions. "Are you saying…that it's possible that you may have gotten my grampa pregnant?" The prince snarled and grabbed another bottle to throw. She caught it and pried it from his grip. "Hold on! Calm down a sec!" At that moment Spice felt like breaking something as well but restrained herself. 'Rational! Must be rational! It's okay! There's nothing to be done now anyway.' "What are you going to do, Vegy?" She kept her face perfectly neutral.

The ouji looked at her incredulously. "Do? What do you mean do?"

Suddenly Spice was very sober and she stared at her uncle. "What are you going to do, Vegy?" She repeated warningly.

The prince drew himself up haughtily. "I will do as I please." The girl stood challengingly and spoke calmly. "Not when it comes to my grampa you won't. When it comes to Kaky you will do what needs to be done, I don't care how cowardly you are." The prince leapt up but she powered up instantly and slapped him back down. In response he powered up and stood again.

Okay.

How many of you did I just lose? I know, I know… When I first tried this angle I was really iffy about it but its something that I can do a lot with and it fits in with most of the things that I plan to deal with in the future. I didn't really go for this type thing, I sort of thought that it was maybe corny or cheep, but it has grown on me as I've continued to write along these lines. I hope you don't write me off after so long. I've got so much more angst to dish out and just imagine how juicy this could get. Vegy with a pregnant Goku on his hands. And I've still got lemon coming. Please don't abandon me. It's still the same story you've liked so far, just with a weird twist. And for those of you who don't mind or do like this stuff - enjoy. Love you guys!!