Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Figure.09 ❯ Figure.09 ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N : I do not own DBZ, unfortunately, nor do I own Linken Park or any of their songs. So don't sue please, I have no money.

Song: Figure.09 by Linken Park off Meteora

I thought I could control you, use you to become stronger; but I was wrong. In the end it is you who controls me.

~~ Nothing ever stops all these thoughts

And the pain attached to them

Sometimes I wonder why this is happening

It's like nothing I can do

Will distract me when

I think of how I shot myself in the back again

'Cause from the infinite words I could say

I put all the pain you gave me on display

But didn't realize

Instead of setting it free

I took what I hated and made it a part of me

( It never goes away) ~~

I guess I could always sense you in the deep recesses of my mind. It wasn't until I found out just what I was, one of the few surviving members of a dead and dying race, that I realized what, or more appropriately who, you were.

Kakarott.

~~ Hearing you name, the memories come back again

I remember when it started happening

I'd see you in every thought I had and then

The thoughts slowly had words attached to them

And I knew as they escaped I was

Committing my self to them

And every day I regret saying those things

'Cause now I see that

I took what I hated and made it a part of me ~~

Thanks to Raditz, you awakened to a fuller consciousness inside of my head. I guess I should thank my dear brother for that; since, if not for you, I never would have beaten Freiza.

In the seconds after Krillin was killed, you took every ounce of pain and sadness and anger that I had felt and used it to free yourself from the confines of your cage a little more and I was able to use you to take to final step in the ascension to Super Saiyan.

After the battle, I thought I had locked you back down into the darkness for good, but you always had a way to try and break free. During every battle I faced, you would seduce me, with the promise of more power or victory, to release me hold on you a little more.

I thought I was so smart. Look at where it got me.

~~ And now

You've become a part of me

You'll always be right here

You've become a part of me

You'll always be my fear

I can't separate myself from

What I've done

You've become a part of me

I've let myself become you ~~

Now I am the one trapped in the dark corners of your mind.

I am no longer the naive and innocent Son Goku that has saved the world countless time. Now I am the very thing that I have fought to protect the Earth against.

Now I must watch as you destroy everything and everyone that I have ever cared about. Chi-Chi, Goten, Gohan, Videl, Pan, Piccolo, Tien, Yamchua, Bulma, Trunks, Bra, and yes even Vegeta, my Prince.

All to complete a mission given by a dead tyrant who enslaved a destroyed planet.

~~ Get away from me

Gimme my space back

You gotta just go

Everything comes down to memories of you

I've kept it on but now I'm letting you know

I've let you go

Now get away from me ~~

Forgive me my family and friends for being the instrument of your destruction.

I don't care if it destroys me, I will wrest back control of my mind and find some way to right the wrongs that Kakarott has committed.

~~ I've let my self become you

I've let myself become lost inside these thoughts of you

Giving up a part of me

I've let my self become you ~~

~~~~~ Owari ~~~~~~~

Please R + R, Thanks