Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Fly Away From Here ❯ Fly Away From Here ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fly Away From Here
by ~bulma-th-babe

Fly Away From Here

By: Bulma-the-Babe
bulma_the_babe2004@yahoo.com

AN:  So I wrote this story YEARS ago...Its not one of the best I've ever written...but its still holds a place in my heart considering it was the FIRST i'd ever written.  Critiques are welcome :)


Mirai no Trunks walked down the hall and into his room. He looked out the window at the bleak landscape full of shattered glass and half-destroyed buildings. He sighed and tried not to feel depressed though it was hard. He glanced at his wall at one of the very few family pictures. There was a younger Bulma holding him as a baby and his father, Vegeta standing behind her smirking.

He blinked back tears. Damn those androids. They have taken everything from me. I'll kill you! Trunks thought bitterly.

He remembered his argument a few minutes earlier with his mother. She wanted him to take the time machine to the past and help Goku and the other Z Fighters. Maybe change the future. He had told her she was crazy trying to change the future and told her he wasn't going to take the time machine. They had yelled back and forth for about ten minutes until he finally had enough and he had retreated to his room.

He sighed again and walked to the dresser to his radio. Maybe music will calm me down, he thought as he turned the radio on. He flipped through the stations trying to find some music. Most stations were talking about the androids. Finally he found a station with music. He sat down and listened. It was an older song. He had never heard it before. Something about it intrigued him.

Gotta find a way
Yeah, cant wait another day
Ain't nothin' gonna change if we stay round here
Gotta do what it takes
Cuz its all in our hands
We all make mistakes
Yeah, but its never too late to start again


'Kami, its like they took my life and wrote a song about it!' Trunks thought. He listened very carefully, soaking in the words.

Take another breath and say another prayer.
And fly away from here
Anywhere, yeah, I don't care
We'll just fly away from here
Our hopes and dreams are out there somewhere
Won't let time pass us by, we'll just fly
If this life gets any harder now
It ain't, no, never mind
You got me by your side
And anytime you want
Yeah, we can catch a train, and find a better place
Cuz we wont let nothin' or no one keep getting' us down
Maybe you and I can pack our bags and hit the sky
And fly away from here
Anywhere, yeah, I don't care
We'll just fly away from here
Our hopes and dreams are out there somewhere
Won't let time pass us by
We'll just fly
Do you see a bluer sky now?
You can have a better life now
Open your eyes
Cuz no one here can ever stop us
They can try but we won't let them
No way
Maybe you and I can pack our bags and say good bye
And away from here
Anywhere, I don't care
We'll just fly away from here
Our hopes and dreams are out there somewhere
Fly away from here
Yeah, anywhere
I don't care
We'll just fly


The song ended and Trunks got up and shut the radio off. He knew what he had to do. The song had told him. He needed to change the future to defeat the androids. He needed to make a better life for him and his mom. And if he could save Goku and Gohan, then Chichi would have a better life.

He walked down the stairs to the kitchen where his mom was cooking dinner. 
"Hey Kasan? I... I'm sorry... I love you." Trunks told his mother, fighting back the lump in his throat.  

She turned around and threw her arms around her son.
"Oh I love you too, honey. I'm sorry too!" Bulma told him, her eyes filling with tears.

"Mom, I'll take the time machine to the past and help Goku and the others. I'll get to see Gohan again. And my dad." Trunks told her.

"Don't piss your father off too much." Bulma told him, fighting back another cascade of tears.

"You really miss him don't you?" Trunks asked her.

"Him?  Yeah right.  Who could miss such an arrogant jerk like him?" She said, the sarcasm dying as she started to cry again.  Trunks hugged her tightly.

"Well if everything works out in the past, he and Goku will live. Along with everybody else, okay?"

Bulma wiped her eyes and stepped back.
"Okay. Now lets go get you to Goku!" she told him walking to her lab. Trunks followed.
See you soon Gohan, Goku and, even you, father.

AN: The song in this story was "Fly Away From Here" by Aerosmith. The first time I heard that song I thought it fit Mirai no Trunks' life perfectly. So this story was born.