Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Foreign Tears ❯ Going Down into Hell ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Foreign Tears

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Vegeta had flown toward Capsule Corps. for the most part from the cemetery, only walking a few streets to where he lived once he got close enough to do so without anyone really noticing him. Even though he knew that the ones that were inside could not sense any Ki from him or others, he still didn't want Mrs. Briefs to really start that manic waving of hers if she saw him flying overhead whenever she would be outside, doing whatever she was doing at that moment. It was just plain annoying to the Saiyan that she would bring any and all attention towards him even when he plainly didn't want it. And, right now, he didn't want to be bothered with that kind of attention, good or bad. In fact, he felt like blowing up anything that might come across his path.

He had things he needed to think about, mostly as to what had happened in the last month. The Saiyan couldn't get certain thoughts out of his head that were constantly nagging at him, which he wanted to get away from as soon as possible. Thoughts as to what could have been but weren't. Thoughts as to what made him insist that his son go training with him although he did admit that he wanted him to be better then he already was. Thoughts as to what really made this his fault. Part of Trunks's death he was his fault for making him train even harder then before but the rest was also in turn Bulma's fault for not immediately knowing something was wrong after the two had returned home from that training. Even if he didn't want to admit his guilt directly to anyone's face, it was there, coursing through his veins.

Vegeta stopped at the entrance to Capsule Corps., his coal-black eyes turning towards the main building of the complex. He could barely sense Bulma in there through the bond that they were sharing, probably working away at some other gadget or trying to improve something else that had already been made in the past. If all the people in the universe he had to choose as his mate, the woman had to be the one that he took. She was just as stubborn as he was if not just a little bit more, always trying to find new things to work on or ways to make her husband do something he didn't want to do. In almost all cases she would bring the gravity room along with the training into the arguments, easily winning the battles that might have been fought in the past. Vegeta, in fact, enjoyed going head-to-head with his wife even if he didn't show it to her. It helped the bond that had form grow between the two as the years went by.

The Saiyan quickly shook his head, pushing any thoughts of the feelings that he had for Bulma and the sadness of his son's passing which had surfaced during the last month. I am the Prince of the Saiyans. I do not need these useless feelings hindering me, He thought bitterly as he walked into the yard of the building complex, moving slowly to make sure that there was no one else there before he walked into the same building that hopefully Bulma was in. Perhaps something else could come out of this whole ordeal.

****

Bulma Briefs sighed as she took off the protective glasses that went over her eyes, barely satisfied with her latest invention. It was a small robot that could detect if someone was lying or not by analyzing the simple hand gestures, eye movements, and placements of a person's body as they were either standing or sitting in front of the robot. It was a good idea that she started about two months ago just in case she ever needed to use it on Trunks to see if he was lying about doing his homework or where he had been the night before, but it was no longer needed. Yet, that didn't stop her from continuing to make it for any other purpose it might serve in the future. Maybe she could use it on her father to see if he had actually done some things that she had recently forbad him to do.

Her mind hadn't been completely on the work at hand or anything else. At various points, her concentration wandered off onto other things, causing her to make constant mistakes that would probably cost her to scrap the whole project that had taken a long time to create and hand put a lot of effort into. It got to the point where she had to stop working on the robot before she actually did do something to herself that would cause her even more pain, but her father had insisted that she was needed more or less around the complex for odd jobs and other things. Dr. Briefs also put in that he didn't want to lose his only daughter because she was still feeling the sting of losing her own son and that Trunks wouldn't have wanted his mother to do that to herself. Eventually she had caved in and resumed her work around the Corporation, doing only half of what she used to before any of this had happened.

Her parents noticed the strain that his death put her under. The woman had claimed that she was alright so many times before, but her mother saw right through her like she always had. It wasn't a big deal to Bulma that she was constantly working on something to keep her mind off of things although she knew it was unhealthy to do something like this. If Vegeta can train and forget about his son, then I can work and forget about him too, She had thought so many times in the past four weeks until she broke down and cried. It would be too much on her just to try to forget her son and work away the hours even if she could.

"I can't do this anymore," Bulma sighed to herself, wiping away the tears that were now streaming down her cheeks. She stared long and hard at the robot that she had worked on for the last several hours, now unable to stand it any longer. It pained her to know that this was going to be her son's and that she would never be able to use it on him. What should I do? I can't work away my pain. It just hurts so much. I just wish that this had never happened at all, She thought to herself, putting her hands over her eyes, the tears coming down her cheeks before she shook her head and wiped the blue crystals away from her face.

She shook her head as she placed her tools down onto the adjacent table, taking one last look at her creation before she started to walk out of the room. There were a lot of odd contraptions and unearthly gadgets that were scattered around the lab on many different tables and in the corners, many of the projects still unfinished that really needed to be fixed up soon. She had told herself that she was going to eventually finish them all as soon as she could, but they still sat there, collecting dust like they had been for weeks on end. Some she couldn't bring herself to do anyways because those had been Trunks' ideas and the two had spent some time working on them together. She would feel like it was wrong to work on them now because they were his ideas and old memories would surface, leaving her cold and lifeless.

Just ash she was about to leave, Bulma bumped into someone that was coming into the lab. She backed up, expecting it to be her father but was surprised that it was actually Vegeta. Backing up even more into the room, she scowled at him, the feeling of anger pulsing through her veins. The Saiyan didn't advance towards her as he leaned against the doorframe, not even showing any emotions on that expressionless face of his as he stared at her for the longest time. When the woman had enough of just staring at each other, she took in a deep breath so that she wouldn't let out that anger that she felt towards him at the moment.

"What do you want, Vegeta?" She asked dryly, not really expecting a response or anything else from him.

"I just want to know why in the hell you left all of a sudden, woman," Vegeta growled at her, narrowing his eyes. "Just when I was showing you the emotion you always wanted from me, you leave. Why won't you accept it now?"

"I told you, Vegeta. You should have show it to me earlier then you did. All you did was train somewhere and leave me here without any other support then my own parents. You know how much this has affected me."

"Didn't I tell you that it is wrong for you to assume that I was training all that time?" He spat, crossing his arms over his chest as he continued to stare at her with silted eyes. "I didn't go because I...."

"Don't lie to me, Vegeta, because I know that is exactly what you are going to do!" Bulma hissed, rolling her eyes at his vain attempt to explain something she already knew as she pushed past him, trying to get through the door that he was now standing in. She got halfway out before Vegeta turned around and grabbed her tightly by the arm, pulling her close to him. Going so fast that she wouldn't get away, he moved his lips onto hers in a deep kiss that lasted for a few seconds before she pushed herself away from him in a hurry, getting more angry by the second. "And don't do that to me again, damn it!"

"Why not? You used to enjoy it when I kissed you like that."

"That was then and this is now. You killed our son because you wanted him to be better. Are you happy now that he is underground, rotting away and being eaten by worms and the like?"

Vegeta was about to say something to that question but Bulma gave him a glare, which told him to shut up as she turned around and stomped away, leaving him along for the time being. He watched her go, tempted to follow after her yet he didn't bother. Instead he sat down where he was, the feeling of wanting to cry washing over him as he closed his eyes, hoping that this was all a dream and that everything would turn back to the way it was.

He sat there for several hours before getting up, walking out of the room as he went somewhere to burn off the anger that consumed him.

****

Two Days Later

It was one of those days that it was so beautiful outside that a person would have to be crazy to be inside on a day like this. There were a few clouds in the sky as the sun sat just past high noon in the light blue color. Birds and other creatures soared in the sky, looking down upon the people that were walking or driving to where they had to be at that moment. Few children were outside, playing in deserted lots, totally consumed in games that would go unfinished until someone won. However beautiful the day was, it meant nothing to those that lived inside Capsule Corp.

Vegeta walked out of the training room that Bulma had built for him many years ago, ,sweat dripping down his bare back and onto the floor below. He didn't notice it as he wiped off the beads that were getting in the way of his sight, ignoring anything that was in his way. The Saiyan had been in the room for most of the day already, working to build up anything that he had lost in the last few weeks. The training times then had dwindled to a mere hour or so, hardly giving him the strength he needed for any opponent that he might face in the coming months and this caused him to lose some of his fighting edge that he once had. Now he sought to regain what he once had even if the family part of him didn't see it that way.

In the last two days, the stiffness between Bulma and Vegeta had grown to the point where neither one was speaking to the other or anything they did say to each other would result in an argument. A few times in the last twenty-four hours he heard her mutter something about a 'divorce' but he didn't understand what that meant. There were still a lot of human things and situations that he placed into the Don't Understand category although he showed on the outside that he did understand those things if, in reality, he didn't.

"Oh, my!" Mrs. Briefs cried out when Vegeta passed her in the hallway to the kitchen as she noticed several deep cuts that were on his back. He could hear the concern in her voice but he just snorted at it as he heard her take several short steps towards his moving body. "You should get those cleaned. I'll just get...."

"Don't bother with it, woman. They will heal in time by themselves," The Saiyan growled at her, not even bothering to look around at the type of expression on Mrs. Briefs face. He would have figured that she would be used to this kind of snapping behavior for him by now and it seemed like it wasn't the case as of late. Besides, there was no one that had really cared about him in the past, so why worry about this now? It wasn't his fault that one of the machines in the gravity room malfunctioned and came crashing down onto his back, causing those cuts to surface. Some that were still there were, in fact, scars that hadn't healed properly and looked bad enough to a person to think that they were new wounds.

Once he got into the kitchen, he noticed the black cat that always hung on Dr. Briefs shoulder was sitting on the table inside the room. The creature watched Vegeta move towards the refrigerator, meowing twice towards him. The Saiyan ignored it for the moment, opening the door to the 'fridge so that he could get something to eat from inside it. Anything that had to do with food and training would make anyone with even the littlest bit of Saiyan blood go crazy at the mere thought of it. Dr. Briefs had once commented that for every Saiyan that was still alive in the universe, the food that he or she would consume in one meal could probably feed an entire police force and half of a fire department for at least a month or so.

"Don't you just eat a few hours ago? It's not even past lunch time and already you are stuffing your face again," A female voice quipped from the entrance to the kitchen. Vegeta grumbled something under his breath, pulling out a half-eaten turkey that Mrs. Briefs had cooked the week before. Bulma came to his side, her hands on her hips as she stared at him as he took the wrapping off of the food. He didn't bother to answer her since he was in no mood to really have a full-blown argument with her at the moment. Besides, after he ate, he had some well-deserved training to do and he didn't want the woman to interfere with it. "Answer me, damn it!"

"That was a snack," He said half-calmly, attempting to hide the anger that was boiling inside of him but that was beginning to be hard to do. "I don't know why you are so concerned about my eating habits now. You were never before two days ago, so why start now?"

"Because you make me and my mother have to go out and buy food every day!" Bulma screamed out, waving her hands around madly. "You eat too much."

"That is what happens when I train. I work up an appetite when I do."

"Oh, are you really training or just saying that because you are doing something else?"

"Woman, I really don't have the time to stand here and argue about what I have and haven't done in the past, today, or what I am going to do in the future. Most of it is really none of your damn business anyways or planned not to make it."

"What do you mean, I didn't plan not to make it? You were never around in the first place for me to do so!" At this point, her screams were becoming cries of anguish and pain. He made no heed to it as he took in a breath to keep calm.

"Well, it isn't my fault that I was off somewhere else."

"I know what you were doing the day we buried Trunks. It all makes sense now," Bulma said knowledgeably, tapping a finger on her right temple as certain thoughts and ideas came into her mind. Vegeta turned around with a drumstick in his hands, an eyebrow raised as he chewed what was in his mouth, giving her his full attention so that he could hear what she had to say about this. By now, hot tears were rolling down her cheeks, showing that she was afraid of her next words. "You were out, cheating on me, weren't you? Typical of a man to do that in many cases, but on the day of his only son's funeral? How could you?"

"Cheating?!" The Saiyan hissed, spitting out what was left in his mouth onto the counter as he put the rest of the drumstick onto the plate with the turkey. "CHEATING!?!"

"Yes, cheating. As in, you were with another woman and not with me. Your only heir was being put into the ground so you decided to make sure that you did have one, so you go ahead to try to get another woman pregnant."

"I told you before that Saiyan's mate for life despite what goes on in that life," Vegeta snapped, moving in closer to her so that their faces were no more then an inch apart. "I don't know where you go that idea from, but get it out of your head NOW! I have never cheated on you before and I will not do so in the future."

"I am sure that you didn't, but that doesn't matter," Bulma said blandly, a hint of fear mixing in with her tears. She was a little bit afraid of what her husband might do to her at this moment and hopefully it didn't involve killing her. "I want out of this marriage as soon as possible."

"Excuse me? You can't get out of this! Once we have bonded, there is no turning back. You know how strong a Saiyan bond can be."

"I can and I will. Goodbye, Vegeta." With those words, Bulma turned around quickly and stomped out of the room, leaving Vegeta to stand there, mouth hanging open with surprise. After a few moments of watching the doorway where his wife had gone through, the Saiyan grumbled something under his breath as he grabbed the drumstick he was eating before and stuffed it into his mouth. He didn't want to believe that his life was going to hell, but this just proved it to him.

If only he knew what to do about her. He had always been the person to win at most of his battles that he entered and this one seemed to be a constant downfall of him. Vegeta wanted to show the same exact emotions that were bottling up inside of him but he couldn't do that. The only reason why he was showing the same exact emotions that were inside of him because it was beginning to be somewhat of a burden on his shoulders to have these things inside of him. If only he could go back to what it was like before and maybe then he could keep these emotions inside of him again.

"Damn her," The Saiyan growled, shaking his head as he took the bone of the leg and slammed it onto the counter. The bone shattered into many different pieces as well as leaving a permanent mark on the counter. He didn't have time for these petty emotions as he stomped out of the kitchen, ready to train for the remainder of the day.

****

She felt like everything was spiraling out of control and there was nothing she could do about it. Her son was dead and now her marriage was on the verge of collapse. It was hard to put up a strong front for everyone, including herself, but now it was just too much for her to handle. Yet, what could she do about it? Nothing was going right for her and she hated it. Trunks' death hurt her the most, but Vegeta's lacking of emotions really set her off. And now he wanted to show them to her? Impossible! Totally impossible! She wouldn't accept it! In fact, she didn't even believe the whole emotions deal anyways. Why would a cold-hearted person like Vegeta start to show emotions now after such a long period of time?

Bulma rushed through the many halls of the building, tears flowing down her cheeks. She wanted to get away from this all; get away from the things that pained her the most. She mostly wanted to get away from Vegeta, who hadn't even bothered to come after her to see if she was alright. It was just like him to do something like this; something to make her hurt even more. But, why? Why would he do it to her? It was obvious that he was doing something to her and it all now came crashing onto her.

"Bulma?" A voice called out from behind her. The woman slowed down, quickly wiping the tears off of her face so that no one would see them although her red puffy eyes gave it away.

"Dad? What are you doing here? I thought you had a conference to go today," Bulma said, turning around to face her father as she continued trying to hide the tears that were there. Dr. Briefs walked towards his daughter from his position, a look of pure concern surfacing on his face.

"It got canceled," He informed her, watching her for a moment before Bulma rushed towards him, leaning her head onto his shoulder as she cried. It didn't take long for him to put his arms around his daughter, trying to comfort her as best as he possibly could. "What's wrong now? Still thinking about Trunks?"

"No, it's Vegeta. He....he..." Bulma sobbed. Dr. Briefs stroked her hair several times before pushing her away.

"I'm sure nothing is wrong. Vegeta is Vegeta and...."

"No, it's not like that," She said, shaking her head quickly as the tears streamed down off the side of her face. "It's not like that at all."

"Then what is it like then? I can't read minds; you know that. The Mind Reader machine that I have been working on vanished without a trace a week ago, so I...."

"No, damn it! You don't understand. No one does," Bulma screeched, turning around quickly. Before Dr. Briefs could say any more to her, the woman ran down the hallway that lead outside, totally ignoring the shocked father she left behind.

To Be Continued