Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Memories ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Trailing behind a weathered doll, teeth biting down on her thumb nail, she looked up in awe. Before her, plastered on the gigantic wall, lay her past, told through pictures.
 
She reached a hand forward, touching the younger face of her in a picture. She smiled at the memory. There, with a huge grin spread from ear to ear, was herself, blowing out the candles of her 11th birthday cake. She touched her own face, feeling her skin wrinkle under her eyes and sag around her cheek bones. She reached a hand up and pulled down a strand of hair. Grey. Grey like a rain cloud in a storm. Not the aqua blue that ran in ringlets around her head.
 
Sadly, she turned to another picture. A mere infant in the arms of a smiling mother. She touched the face of her mother.
“You miss her” A voice croaked. She didn't need to turn around to answer. She just nodded.
Bringing the old doll close to her chest, she looked at the next picture.
 
She was a teenager, about 13 if she remembered correctly. To the side, her bestest friend on the back of her brother. And, next to them, with her arms thrown around a boy, was herself, her face alit with the biggest smile she had ever seen herself pull.
“You really loved him” The same voice said, standing beside her.
Again, she did not reply. Because she didn't have to.
 
She looked to the picture above. She was younger than the last, about a year at the most. And in her hand was the same doll that currently was cradled to her chest. Expect it was much brighter. And newer. And it eye was stitched on.
“I was 3” She said, reliving the memory “And father was leaving my mother and I”
Her companion nodded, though she didn't see
“I didn't want him to go. I beg and pleaded for him to stay. That's when he gave me the doll. He said to look after it until he came back. He said he would be back for it”
“But he didn't come back, did he?” The voice stated, calmly
“Mommy said it was because of the Ice-jins”
“I know”
She smiled, turning to face the owner of the voice “I have to go now, don't I”
“I'm sorry”
“That's ok”
He held out his hand to her. And, although it seemed impossible, she felt like a little girl again, looking up at her father. Smiling, she gripped to his hand, tightly and allowed her father to lead her away from her memories.