Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Generations ❯ Back to the past ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter One

100 years back in time.

Four months after the disappearance of Goku along with the Dragon Balls of Earth.

Time has been rewritten, as of now. Whatever happened in the past that made the Son's and Briefs never happened. Life itself will change. People that would have had families might die, or not. The Warriors Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. will never exist. Bikini Briefs will never exist. Thanks to Malice.

Malice.

His curses continue as the Time Capsule exit's the time vortex and crashes in the middle of a desert. Malice exits out the wreckage.

"Blast that damn Saiyan! If I knew he was going to attack at the last second I would have blasted him to nothing earlier!" screams Malice as he kicks the side of the wreakage.

Malice closes his eyes and expands his senses to detect the nearest chi readings. Nearly 300 miles away is the closest. Actually many chi signatures. Probably a city. West Capital more than likely.

Malice grunts. He can easily fly to the city but surely someone will detect his chi. Malice doesn't know it but it, but he is currently the strongest man on Earth. Not wanting to have the warriors of the past to detect him it seems like walking is the only course of action at the moment.

"Sure is hot. Could have landed someplace… cool." mutters Malice.

_______________________________________________

Outside of Capsule Corp. reporters swarm around chairwoman Bulma Briefs. Capsule Corp. is unveiling a new product that has been keep quiet, that is until a reporter somehow got 'inside' information about it. Thus, resulting in the demand by the public for Capsule Corp. to hurry and unveil it.

Bulma clears her voice and speaks into the microphone. "Everyone may I have your attention please." The sounds of the crowd slowly calm until there is nothing but silence. "As you are all aware, Capsule Corp. has been working on a device that will benefit all of mankind. It is a device that is sure to help reduce world hunger by what I have estimated, at least 99.9%."

Several gasp are heard threw out the crowd and lights flashing on and off from camera's. The crowd is amazed. Capsule Corp has always designed many helpful machine and products that have benefited everyone in the past, but surely this device chairwoman Bulma has spoken of, surely must be the best.

Trunks and Vegeta look out of Trunks office window upon the conference. Even though Trunks has been Capsule Corps. president for nearly 9 years now, his mother Bulma still likes to 'steal' the show.

Trunks, however doesn't really mind. He hates this job. Always had, and always will. This job has taken away nearly every freedom he has. Training, dating… everything he enjoyed before he became the president of Capsule Corp. In four years he could resign, and hand over the presidency to Bra, but Capsule Corp. would then fall to bankruptcy. Thus, Trunks is doomed to running Capsule Corp. until he can pass it down to his offspring, that is, if he can find the time to go out and date.

The trip into space nearly eight months earlier was a big getaway. For a whole year in space, the Grand Tour, he did not have to worry about the business since his mother Bulma took over in his absence.

Vegeta smirks. He knows exactly what his son is thinking. Vegeta turns his back to his son and walks out of the room. But before he leaves, he calls back to his son. "Trunks tell your mother that I'll be in the Gravity Room. And I expect dinner to be made for me too when she gets home."

Trunks chuckles and then smiles. His father rarely ever calls him by his name. It's either brat, or boy. Ever since Goku disappeared four months earlier, he has changed. Heck everyone has changed.

Especially Chichi.

________________________________________

Goten and Parisu are enjoying themselves walking threw the mall. Since Goku disappeared four months earlier, Parisu has been very supportive to Goten. Ever since the whole incident with Baby earlier this year brung them closer together.

In trying to cover up his unhappiness Goten had gotten a decent job coaching at a karate gym. Goten had plans to move out of the house earlier, but now he doesn't want to leave his mother Chichi alone. After Goku disappeared, two months actually, the Ox-King passed away. The old man's heart gave away. She really hasn't gotten over Goku's disappearance or her father's death. He doesn't have the heart to leave his mother in this state.

Goten looks over in the window of a passing store. "Parisu look at this dress. It looks like the one you modeled last month for that magazine."

Parisu giggles at Goten. "Oh Goten, it is the one I modeled last month silly!"

Goten blushes and scratches his head and gives her the goofy 'Son' smile. "So it is."

Parisu sighs as she leans on Goten's arm. Goten wraps his arm around her waist as they continue walking in the mall. 'Nothing could be better.' Parisu thinks to herself. She has everything she could have ever wanted. A wonderful, caring, but native boyfriend, a wonderful good paying job, and she would love to call Goten's family her 'family'.

Recently when she was chatting with Videl, Vide told her that she over heard Gohan and Goten chatting about marriage. That was a big giveaway. Goten has plan's to marry Parisu, but decided to wait to ask her, thanks to the most current events. The death of his grandfather, and disappearance of his father.

I wonder when he plans on asking me. Parisu thinks to herself. I don't care how long. I will wait until he is ready, I love him so much.

The couple continues on their little trip threw out the mall.

_____________________________________________

Several Hours have passed since Malice entered this time line. He is frustrated, and tired. Well at least he is out of the desert. But he is still several more hours away from any city. He stops by a little pond and quenches his thirst.

"Blast I wish I could just fly. But that would risk my discovery, and I don't need that just yet. I don't know how strong Vegeta is and I don't want to bring attention to myself. Not yet anyways."

His stomach growls as he stands up. "Should have packed some food capsules, but I didn't expect that little brat to damage the Time Capsule." Malice thinks about his current situation for the hundredth time. What is he going to do with his life now? He had no idea that he would change the entire future. Now he has no time to return to. The best solution is to try to find a way to fit into this time line.

A rabbit scurries past him. Malice grins. Time to fill his stomach.

__________________________________

Pan yawns. Just a few more minutes and classes will be out for the summer. She looks out the window of her class and watches a flock of birds glide together over the sky. Pan sighs. Days like this, her grandpa Goku would take her flying out on Flying Nimbus.

But those days are long gone.

Pan shakes her head. It's best that I try to put the past behind me. Pan thinks to herself.

"Man. I cant wait to get home. Maybe I'll fly over to Grandma's house to see if Uncle Goten wants to spar. Or better yet… Trunks!" Pan's mood brightens. Pan sighs at the thought of the lavender haired saiyan. Ever since she could remember, she had a crush for Trunks. No, crush is not the word. Love is. The trip into space four months ago was a blessing. Her and Trunks had gotten close than they ever were. Since then she never really bothered Goten or her parents with her problems, for Trunks would always be there for her. Not even when Goku disappeared, one thought that she would seek comfort from her family. But instead, she went to Trunks. Everyone completely understood, after all Trunks and pan had spent a whole year together in space with Goku.

"To bad he only sees me as a little sister." mumbles Pan. "One day, I'll show him how much of a woman I am, and not such a tomboy."

RING

"Thank goodness!" Pan replies as the school bell quits ringing. She gathers her books and waits until everyone clears the room. Once everyone leaves, she opens the window and fly's out, heading toward home.

After several minutes she lands outside her home, where she is greeted by her mother Videl, who is hanging out clothes to dry.

"Pan dear, could you go next door and wake up on your grandmother for me?" asks Videl. "Remember the dinner party at the Briefs, so get cleaned up."

"Sure mom." replies Pan as she walks into the house. She drops her books in her room and then goes back outside next door to Chichi's house. Pan enters the house and walks up to Chichi's room. Pan slowly opens the door and peaks at Chichi. Pan notices that Chichi's cheeks are pink and damp.

Pan sighs. Her Grandmother has been crying again. Everyone thinks that Chichi will never get over the disappearance of Goku. That is one of the reasons of the dinner party tonight at Capsule Corps. To try to cheer Chichi up. Pan exit's the room and places her hand over her heart and whispers.

"Grandpa, where are you?"

______________________________________________________

Bra sits back in the seat enjoying the ride with Marron. The past few months Bra has been become good friends with Marron. They both liked to shop, talk about guys, try on many dresses. Everything she couldn't do with her friendship with Pan. On no, don't think that her friendship with Pan was faulting any, it was still as strong as it was when they where children.

But they are no longer children. While Pan may like to train, Bra prefers the beautiful things of life. Like shopping. Why not? After all, she inherited her mother's good looks. Bra plans on putting her beauty to the place it should be. Magazines, posters and television. A model. That is her future and she plans on making the best of it.

"Where to today Marron?" asks Bra.

Marron smiles and replies, "Satan City. Mom showed me a great shopping center when her and dad came to a business meeting. Well mom and me went to the mall. Dad got stuck going to the meeting."

Bra smiles. Poor Krillin. Bra always loved visiting Krillin. He always had the best stories of the time he, Gohan, and Bulma went to Namak. Even though their families are not as close as they are with the Son's, Bra always adored the little man. Maybe it was his size, and the fact that he had no nose.

"Well I cant wait let's hurry and get there." Both girls giggle as they continue their way to the Satan City Mall.

_________________________________________

Bulma sighs as she walks inside her home. The conference was longer than she though and for a split second she knew why Trunks hates the job. She bends over to pull off her shoes and feels a few bones pop.

She sighs again. Age is catching up on her. She is not that old, she is just in her fifties. Vegeta, not long ago, swore that he wished that he got a chance to make a wish. Wish her to age like a Saiyan.

That would be nice. Live to see her great-great grandchildren if need be. But it cannot be. After she is dead and gone, Vegeta will still be young, in Saiyan standards anyways. For once she wishes that Vegata was human like her, because she knows that he'll be lonely after she passes, even if he doesn't care to admit.

Bulma continues to walk into the kitchen to have dinner prepared. What she doesn't notice is that Vegeta was watching her, the entire time from the shadows. He loves her.

Always had. She knows. How can she not? One day he will tell her.

One day.

____________________________________________

Malice walks threw the forest. Almost nightfall. Just a little bit more darker and he can run amuck threw the night not having to worry about been seen by someone who would think he is suspicious.

Besides, who in their right mind would walk in the desert, and a city, in the middle of summer, wearing nothing but black.

Nobody except him. Malice smiles. The moon is up. He remembers looking threw the elderly Pan's memories and learned that the former Kami of this planet, Piccolo destroyed the moon. Many humans believed it was destroyed by an asteroid.

From her memories, he learns that the current kami, Dende regenerated the moon for this planet. It was regenerated only three months ago, this time line.

He continues to walk threw the forest. Only several more hours till he reaches civilization. The first thing he plans on doing is finding that little robot, was it Gill, or Giru? Doesn't matter. There should only be one little robot. That's all it he needs to look for.

_________________________________

Trunks leaps out of his office window. He runs his finger threw his dark lavender hair. There was once a time where it was light colored, but being stuck in a building a lot took away a lot of sun from being on his person, giving his hair that dark look.

"Oh man. I am spent and all I do was work in that stupid office all day. Man, I wish mom would give me a vacation." Trunks mutters to himself as he fly's over the city heading toward the old Capsule Corp. building, the Briefs living quarters.

"I better hurry up and get home. I have to dismantle the 'Brute Ray' for father before dinner with the Son's. Yeesh, why can't I have a relaxing, normal day for once." replies Trunks with a sigh. He speeds up on his quest toward home.

______________________________________

Three hours later.

It's dark. The time when all the creatures come out to play. Malice easily blends in with the shadows of the buildings in the Western Capital. He watches people ramp the streets at the late hour.

"Does this city ever sleep?" Malice wonders. Even in his time, before it was erased, West Capital never seemed to sleep. He strolls over to a phone booth, and picks up the phone book. He looks for Capsule Corps. address to see if it's the same in this time as it was in his. Sure enough it is. He heads back into the shadows and slowly but gracefully makes his way to Capsule Corp.

The same moment Marron and Bra drive by. Both of them had completely forgot about the surprise dinner for Chichi. They are now rushing to get back to Capsule Corp. so they can make the dinner party in time.

Bra having some bit of knowledge in reading chi, feels uneasy. She briefly felt Malice chi, but shrugged it off, because it disappeared right after it appeared. Marron looks over at her younger friend.

"What's wrong Bra? My driving is not that bad is it?" jokes Marron.

Bra smiles and replies "Not at all, I just got a bad feeling for second. Oh well, hurry up and lets get to Capsule Corp. I'm sure my mom, would mind if you stayed the night. She'll love to see the dresses we bought! She'll probably cook some good sweets for us after the party, Maybe Pan will want to spend the night."

Marron smiles at the thought. "Then we better hurry."

_________________________________________

Gohan frowns. Something is wrong. He can feel it. Something is going down, but what? He has had this uneasily feeling ever since seven. What could making him so uneasily?

He looks at his watch. It's a little past nine. And here he is, along with Pan, Videl and his mother in the car, stuck here in traffic. He would have prefered fly but Chichi is the only one who could not fly. Not wanting to bring up memories of Goku, he decided it would be best to drive. Now he is sorely regretting it.

"Why wont this blasted traffic start moving! Heck, even at night it's hell!" yells Gohan.

The three women in the car chuckle at Gohan. Seeing him upset over something so trail is very funny. Especially his expression. Simply to die for.

"Gohan dear," replies Videl. "I don't think screaming at the cars are going to help."

Gohan glares at his wife. "I… I know. But for some reason, I feel jumpy. Don't ask me why because I couldn't tell you."

Videl shrugs and leans farther back into her seat. Pan yawns and looks out the window. She squints her eyes and she can see a figure flying over head. It's Trunks. She can spot his chi anywhere.

He must have just gotten out of the office. thinks Pan. I hope I can talk to him during the party.

______________________________________

Malice crawls along side of Capsule Corp. building. He hides in the shadows away from a room where the light is shinning brightly and music is blaring loudly. He grins as he watches the two females strip down from their clothes and begin applying make-up and put on dresses. One with blond hair and a young one with blue hair.

It takes all of his will power to stop himself from leaping threw the window and taking them.

"Not now. I can't have my plan's ruined due to some 'urges'. I'll get the Robot/Dragon Radar, split, make my wish, and then maybe I'll return for some fun." Malice grins broadly. "That one with blue hair has spunk. I'm sure she'll be quit fun. She reminds me of that Bikini broad I killed in the future." Malice continues to crawl along side the building. He finally comes across an open window. He sneaks up and looks threw the darkness.

The girls giggles can be heard not far away. He can faintly see the light shining from underneath the door. His grin widens.

"Ah the heck with it. If I knock them out, they wont know anything. Besides, I think I deserve a little fun." Malice thinks out loud as he walks silently to the door of Bra's room.