Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Gohan ( Post Cell Games ) ❯ The last dragonball ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2 The last dragonball
 
“Okay, let's go in !” Gohan said to himself.
 
Inside the building , Gohan saw the dragonball that he was searching for in a transparent trophy case . Before he could take another step forward , he was greeted by a member in the gym.
 
“Hello ! I'm Sam . What can I do for you , sonny ? ” Sam asked . Sam was a head taller than Gohan and was quite well-built .
 
“Let's see….. Can I have the orange sphere in the case ?” said Gohan pointing to the dragonball .
 
“I'm sorry to say , sonny , but I can't give you that rare sphere because it will be given off along with the cash to the winner of the tournament . I'm joining this tournament too . So , what do you think? Don't you want to give it a try ? It`s opened for anyone,” Sam explained .
 
“Okay , why not ?” answered an excited Gohan . He was already interested in the tournament since he saw the poster earlier at the entrance . If he win , he would get both cash and the dragonball .
 
Gohan went to the counter and registered for the tournament . After he filled in all the required forms about his particulars , the clerk spoke to him.
 
“Okay , Mr. Gohan . Please change into the boxing gear that is prepared in room 102 .”
 
It took a while for Gohan to find his room . He entered the small room and found a set boxing gears along with a notice for the participants . Gohan read the contents of the notice aloud.
 
“Each participant is only allowed to wear the boxing gloves , shorts and the sport shoes prepared in his respective room . No helmets, caps , hats ,shirts , jackets or armors are allowed .Any participant who disobeys the rules will be disqualified . Please gather in the waiting room before 10.30 am . Each matches in this tournament will be a single round knockout battle .”
 
Gohan checked the clock on the wall and it showed 10.10 am . Gohan took off his casual clothes and put them inside his backpack . The young saiyan put on a pair of blue boxing gloves , black boxing shorts and blue black sport shoes which were prepared in the room . In order to be fair , Gohan contacted Dende through his mind and ask the Guardian to limit his superhuman strength to a normal human's during the tournament . Finally, Gohan locked his room with the provided keys and entered the waiting room , preparing to be called .
 
“Okay , I'm going to win this for my mum and dad ,” Gohan encouraged himself silently.
 
The referee announced with a loudspeaker , “First match , Xel versus Blade !” After waiting for 20 minutes , the referee announced again , “The winner is…Xel! Next , Billy versus Gohan ! Please enter the ring .” Gohan exited the waiting room and on his way to the ring .
 
“All right , here goes nothing ! ” Gohan murmured nervously to himself.
 
Meanwhile , at the kame house , Yamcha and Krillen were watching the match on tv since it was a live show .
 
“Hey Krillen, check this out ! Isn't that Gohan over there? ” Yamcha asked for reassurance .
 
“ Huh ? Hey, you're right ! It IS Gohan ! I never thought that he is interested in boxing sports ! ” Krillen exclaimed.
 
“ Me neither . Well , it's gonna be interesting !” Yamcah replied while focusing his eyes on the live show .
 
Back at the tournament , Gohan was making his way into the ring . The preteen saiyan was surprised to find that thousands of eyes are focusing on him . Most of the spectators are astonished when they saw Gohan. Some of them said , “Hey, check that boy out ! Did he take steroids or something ?” while a group of ladies shouted, “Awww, that boy's so cute !”
 
Gohan heard what the girls said and blushed . This made the other spectators laughed at him . Gohan focused on his opponent , Billy . Billy was a neck taller than Gohan and was extremely muscular .
 
“Prepare to get crushed , boy !” Billy taunted his target.
 
“Ready when you are ,”replied the 11-year-old Gohan .
 
“Ting!!” the referee rang the bell .
 
Gohan tried to give his opponent a jab to the chest but missed . Instead , Gohan received a punch aimed straight into his abdomen from Billy . Gohan winced in pain and remembered that his strength was equal to a normal human's .
 
“So, your muscles are indeed just for show , boy !” taunted Billy the giant .
 
“It's time to get serious !” Gohan told himself.
 
Gohan evaded Billy's knuckles with swift, evasive movements and finished him off with a powerful uppercut , knocking the giant out cold .
 
“The winner is Gohan!” the referee announced with the loudspeaker .Gohan bowed humbly and went back to the waiting room . He clutched his abdomen .
 
“Wow! That punch hurts !” He thought . Gohan ask some dry ice from the clerk . He laid down on a stretcher and put the dry ice on his abdomen to ease the pain while waiting for his next match .
 
At the kame house , Yamcha and Krillen were cheering for their friend .
 
“He did it ! He beat the crap out of the giant !” Yamcha exclaimed .
 
“Go go Gohan !” cheered Krillen.
 
At the tournament , Gohan had beaten fighter after fighter and finally engaged in the final match with Sam .
 
Both of the fighters had a friendly handshake as the referee introduced the fighters .
 
“From the red corner , Sam Emmerich and from the blue corner , Son Gohan !”
 
“May the best winner wins ,” said Sam with a calm voice .
 
“That's what I have in mind ,” Gohan replied with a confident smile .
 
“Ting!” the referee rang the bell.
 
Gohan received several jabs and punches to his chests from his opponent . Sam was too quick for him . Gohan even took a few uppercuts but he was still standing , tougher than ever. After fighting for a short while , Gohan figured out Sam's attack pattern . He predicted Sam's move and planted a solid punch into Sam's jaw , knocking him out in the process .
 
“C-Congrats .” Sam mumbled to Gohan before he was carried away in a stretcher by the medical team .
 
“And here's your grand winner ----- Gohan !” The referee exclaimed and raised the victor's arm high into the air .
 
End of chapter 2