Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Z and the Sorcerer's Stone ❯ Pushing ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pushing

Winter had ended and everyone was coming back to Hogwarts. Ron was in the common room when the portal door opened, revealing that everyone was returning. Hermione was one of the first to enter the door. She didn't hesitate to walk to Ron when she saw him on the couch, counting his wizard cards.

"Hey Hermione, how was break?" Ron said as she approached him. She sat down at the chair across from him, placing her luggage next to the chair.

"It was fine, didn't do much but study a little more and spend time with my parents. How was yours?" The population of the common room was increasing as everyone was greeting each other and getting ready for dinner. Ron had to kick his voice up a notch so Hermione could hear.

"It was okay, didn't do much either. I just sat around. Got the usual gifts from mum for Christmas."

"I take it that sweater with the R is what you are talking about," Hermione smiled. Ron got a little red in the face and nodded. "Where's Harry?"

Ron's composure changed when she mentioned Harry. He looked down at the ground, "Harry's not been himself lately."

"What do you mean? What has happened?"

"It's best not talk about it here." Ron suggested. Hermione nodded and grabbed her luggage. She made her way up the crowded stairs to her room. Ron gathered his cards and made his way to his room as well. The two met back in the common room and left to go to dinner.

Harry's yell could be heard throughout the mountainous valley. A white aura surrounded his entire body as he floated in midair. Harry ceased his yell and glared at the mountain opposing him. Piccolo stood on top of the mountain, both of the fighters were heavily scuffed up form the day of training. Piccolo raised his right hand and pointed two fingers to his forehead. "Special Beam Cannon," he concentrated and his fingers began to irradiate energy.

The white aura still surrounded Harry as he straightened his body. He never broke eye contact to Piccolo; his look didn't lose intensity.

"FIRE!" Piccolo yelled. An orange spiral beam shot out from his fingers when he pointed them at Harry. The surrounding sky dimmed. Harry rose his arms up and extended them outward to catch the blast. The two connected. Harry was blown back a few feet downward before catching his balance and remained floating against the beam. Already his muscles began to burn as he strained to keep the blast from going through him. Harry looked away from the bright orange-yellowish light that was generated from the blast. Piccolo kept his target as the mountain underneath him gave away. The rocks simply crumbled from the energy.

"He's pushing himself too far, too fast," Piccolo thought to himself. He began lowering his energy in the beam.

"NO!" Yelled Harry. "Don't let up, push more!"

Piccolo gave a look of concern to Harry and then did what he wished. He gave out a yell and the beam increased size, bigger than before. It pushed Harry back further, into the side of another mountain. A crater formed where Harry was being pushed.

"I can do this!" Harry said to himself. "I have to be stronger than this."

Harry let go another great yell. The mountain blew apart and its fragments disintegrated in the air. A golden glow encompassed the entire valley. More of the surrounding mountains began to crumble and break away. Piccolo stopped his beam to shield himself from the initial blast that Harry let out. The light faded and the smoke cleared. Harry was floating in front of Piccolo. His eyes were blue but faded back to their deep brown, almost black, color. A wave of exhaustion came over Harry. He slowly made his way to the ground with his head hung low. When he landed, he immediately fell to his knees, gasping. Piccolo landed soon after, donning his turban and cape once again.

"I think that will be all for today, Gohan."

Harry looked up at his trainer. "I can keep going. Just a little more." He struggled to get back on his feet but he was too weak.

"You can't even get up let alone defend yourself. No, it's time to stop."

Knowing that Piccolo was right, Harry nodded his head and sat down to catch his breath. "I almost had it, I could feel it."

"It won't be long now." Piccolo said. Harry's goal for the past few weeks had been trying to control his Super Sayian ability. Each day they got further and further along but still Harry couldn't bring it fully out of him. "I think its best if you don't return to that school."

Harry looked back towards Piccolo. He hadn't told him about what him and his wizard friends found out. "I'm not going to return after this term. I still have stuff I want to do there."

"Like?"

"I just don't want to just stop going all of a sudden without everyone knowing where I was."

"I think it is best that you keep to yourself and leave. You can focus more on your training at the lookout."

"I know I will, but I still have to tell my friends."

Piccolo turned around, looking off into the distance. "I'll be waiting tomorrow night back at the clearing." Harry nodded and Piccolo flew off, leaving a white trail. Harry got back to his feet and took to the sky, flying back to the castle.

"Do you think he's found it?" asked Hermione while her and Ron were walking out of the great hall.

"I don't think he found that, but something else." Ron said, "He's been talking into his dreams. Mostly about his father and mother."

"You two," said a woman's voice coming from behind. They turned to see Professor McGonagall walking towards them. "Professor Dumbledore wishes to speak with you."

"Whatever happened, I didn't do it," said Ron.

"Oh," said McGonagall. "Like your homework for my class, Mr. Weasly? You two are not in trouble, he just wishes to speak with you."

She led the two students to Dumbledore's office where she spoke the password to raise the Phoenix statue to reveal the staircase. The two walked along the stairs when they reached his door. Hermione knocked.

"Yes, yes, come in," said Dumbledore from the other side. They opened it to see him pondering at his main desk into some books. "Ah, Mr. Weasly, Ms. Granger. Please, have a seat."

The two took the two chairs sitting in front of Dumbledore's desk. "I wish to speak to you about Harry." The two briefly looked at each other and then back to the Professor. "I know Harry has shown a sign of separation from the rest of the school. I can shed some light on that."

He went into the whole story about what Harry saw that night. Hermione's eyes filled with tears as she thought of the pain that Harry was going through. Ron's face was pointed downward at the floor. "I don't think he has told you yet, but I doubt Harry will return next year."

"What!?" Ron's face shot up. Hermione turned away.

"It is Harry's decision. He wishes to train to prepare himself in case of Babidi's return. I also know that the three of you have been doing a little investigation of your own about a certain object here at Hogwarts."

The two looked at Dumbledore with surprise for a moment, "I must request you not to investigate further. It is well protected." They both nodded, with tears in Hermione's eyes and red in Ron's face. "That'll be all. Good night."

Ron and Hermione quietly walked back to the Gryffindor tower. Not a word was said about the stone or Harry during the whole walk. When they entered the common room, Hermione went straight upstairs into her room. She ended up crying softly to herself until she fell asleep. Ron stayed in the common room, watching the embers of the fire, until he went to bed.

Harry got back to his room around midnight. His body ached from the sixteen hours worth of training he did. His cloths smelt of soot and sweat. His face was covered with scuffs. All this he didn't care. He saw his bed and instinctively he lied down upon it and drifted asleep.