Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Z and the Sorcerer's Stone ❯ Distress ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Distress

Harry awoke by his stomach giving a loud growl. Luckily he was the only one that he saw in the room from his bed or it would have wakened the other three. He got up, still in his gi, and quickly grabbed cloths and a towel for his shower. He turned to see Ron, standing in front of the room door.

"Morning Ron," he said to his friend who had an old look on his face.

"When were you planning to say goodbye?" Harry stopped in his tracks in surprise. A notion came over him.

"How much did he tell you?"

"That doesn't answer my question. When did you plan to tell Hermione and me that you were leaving or did you decide to do a great disappearing act?" Ron said with anger.

"Look Ron, I have my reasons why I am leaving. I was going to tell the both of you before summer."

"Why do you have to leave? Dumbledore would let you stay here, he already knows about you and Piccolo training."

"I don't belong here. I am not a wizard."

"You belong where you are accepted, Harry. Even I know that." Harry looked down. He felt guilty for not thinking about what they would think about him leaving. He did not mean to hurt them. Ron left the room, leaving Harry to sulk. His appetite had left him once again.

The snow melted and the flowers began to bloom. The turf outside gained back its lovely shade of green as the trees grew back their leaves. Winter has left and spring was going strong. It was nearing close to the end of the year and everyone was eager, everyone but a certain three. The trio hadn't talked much since the day Ron and Hermione found out about Harry leaving the school and not returning the next year. Hermione kept to herself with books and Ron was either with her or over at Hagrid's hut. They only saw Harry at meals where they would sit in their normal seating near each other. He kept to himself mostly. He focused more on Quidditch while at the castle, winning the past few games with record times and his nightly training.

It burned Harry inside seeing that his friends hurt from him leaving. "I have no choice. I am not a wizard. I don't belong here. I am only endangering them and this school." He repeated to himself to convince him that he was doing the right thing.

It lasted until mid April. He couldn't take it anymore. He had lost his parents and his friends before and he wasn't going to lose anyone else. If danger were to come towards them, he would just have to protect them. He made his way down to the common room where Ron and Hermione sat at a table playing Wizard's Chess. Neither of them saw him come down the stairs. He took the seat the other end of the table, facing the two. They turned with a look of surprise on their face. The three didn't say a word for the longest time.

"Fancy to play winner, Harry?" Ron asked as he finally broke the silence.

A grin came over Harry's face, "sure I'll play you, Ron." Hermione gave a small glare at Harry. "Come on Hermione. Even though you are the smartest girl in the school. You can't beat Ron at Wizard's Chess."

"For you two know, I actually beat him once." She said with a bit of pride in her voice. Ron gave Harry the I-Let-Her-Win nod and Harry held back the snickering.

Hermione and Ron finished their game and of course, Ron won. Her and Harry switched seats and she got out a bit of homework to work on while she watched the others play. Harry had nearly forgotten how warm it felt being with his friends. He had be concentrating on become stronger and that caused him to neglect his friends. Harry thought to himself, "I guess they really do accept me. Even for the stupid things I'd did to them, the still want to be around me."

"So," Hermione said while looking in her Arithmancy book. "What will you be doing when you leave? More training?"

"Yeah," Harry said as he moved his Knight to take Ron's Pawn. "I'm getting close to controlling my powers. Once I do, I know that I can stop worrying."

"You are going to come visit us, right Harry?" Ron asked as he took Harry's Knight with his Queen.

"Every chance I get," Harry smiled. "Look, I'm sorry for the way I acted these past few months. I just thought it would be easier if I just."

"No worries Harry," Ron said.

"You can leave Hogwarts, that's your decision," Hermione added. "But don't leave us as well."

The three continued the conversation until the time for Ron and Hermione to go to bed and Harry to leave for training. Harry went up with Ron into their room. He donned one of his gis that weren't tattered with dirt and holes and left out the window. He closed it before starting his journey to meet Piccolo. Harry flew several minutes away to the mountainous location. When he reached to the valley, he couldn't sense Piccolo's presence nearby. He went ahead and began his meditation.

The window in Hermione's room creaked open. She was still awake reading her book before her candle blew out from the sudden gust of wind.

"Harry?" she called out to the outside only by a whisper so she wouldn't awaken her roommates. She walked closer to the window to talk to her friend. As she was close enough to peer out, she was met with a pair of hands grasping her body and mouth so she couldn't scream. The hands pulled her though the window.

Harry awoke from his trance with a look of fear in his eyes. He turned to the direction of Hogwarts. "He's back," He didn't hesitate to fly back to the castle at his top speed. The wind he generated around him was enough to push away the nearby rocks and trees, leaving a path. It wasn't long after Harry left when Piccolo appeared. He looked around briefly before centering his vision upon Harry's trail. His look of concern was followed by his fist clenching.

Harry arrived back to his window to a shock. It was open. He cautiously entered the room and went straight for the other's beds. Ron was missing. Frantically, he awakened Neville and Seamus from their sleep.

"Have you guys seen Ron?" Harry said almost too fast for them to understand.

Neville shook his head "No" before lying back down to slumber. "Not since before bed," Seamus said with a yawn. Harry ran to the window and dove outside, not caring if Seamus saw or not. Seamus gave a confused look and just went back to sleep.

Harry flew to the other side of the tower, where the girl's dorms were. To his fear, Hermione's was opened as well. "No!" he shouted to himself. He flew down to the courtyard of the castle. "He's taken them."

Harry closed his eyes. He felt the presence of three powerful beings in the school. One was Vegeta's who was in the same vicinity of the other two's. The only other one he could recognize made his eyes open. "Spopovitch." He said with anger in his tone.

Harry flew toward the direction where he felt the kis of his enemy. He realized that the unknown one, was actually the same one that he felt from Professor Yamu.

"Yamu and Spopovitch have Ron and Hermione. I bet Vegeta is already there, trying to rescue them." He said to himself as he flew up the middle of the stairwell. He flew up to the door on the third level where he found the three-headed dog. He knew that there was a secret entrance to wherever the stone was kept. He also knew that Yamu and Spopovitch were using his best friends as hostages so they could get the stone from their master, that is the only reason he could think of on why Vegeta hadn't disintegrated them.

Harry reached the door only to see that it wasn't much of one any longer. He stepped in to see an oversized dog's charred body and the trapdoor wide open. He dropped down the hole and fell past another obvious place where they had blasted their way through. Burned remains of some sort of vines and roots where everywhere, some still on fire. He continued onward into another room. Same as before he saw that the locks and spells were no match for a ki blast. The next room he entered seemed to be a huge chessboard. Except for the fact that all the pieces on one side were destroyed in their places. Harry walked down the next corridor that led him to another room. Inside the room, torches where lit around the surrounding columns. Stairs from the doorway led downward to the center of the room, where stood the mirror that Harry was familiar with, along with a certain individual.