Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Her ❯ Hero ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer-Honestly…the nerve of those lawyers!

Hero

Vegeta was raiding the fridge when he heard a strange noise from the living room. Perking his Saiyan ears to the maximum, he recognized the sound as Bulma…crying!?

He put back the water he'd gotten out and went into the living room. 'Why is she crying?' he thought. 'She's too strong to show such weak emotions'.

He opened the living room door and stared in at her.

"Vegeta, <Bleep> off, I'll fix the GR tomorrow," she said, not in the mood for the prince's demands.

Vegeta ignored her and asked, "Why are you crying? It's disturbing me."

Bulma looked up at him. Was that…compassion she saw in his face!? She weighed her chances. He'd probably just laugh at her and walk off, but then, he wouldn't have asked if he hadn't wanted to know.

"Well," she said, picking her words carefully to make it short. "I went over to Yamcha's. You heard him phone me earlier, right? Well, it turns out that he wanted to tell me that he wanted to see other people. Just like that, right out of the sky, BANG!"

Her sadness was once again turning to fury. "How dare he just dump me like that! I don't need to be treated like that …THEN WHY DOES IT HURT SO MUCH??!!" She once again burst into tearful sobs.

Vegeta was surprised that she'd confide in him like this. He knew that she didn't really like him, and she probably thought he wouldn't care. So what was up with this transition?

Uncomfortably and totally unlike him, he found himself walking towards the couch…sitting on the couch next to her…putting his arms around her shoulders comfortingly.

Would you dance, if I asked you to dance?

Would you run, and never look back?

Would you cry, if you saw me crying?

And would you save my soul tonight?

'Vegeta, what are you doing?' he screamed at himself in his head. 'Why are you being so weak? It's not even as if she'd be interested in you.'

Would you tremble, if I touched your lips?

Would you laugh?

Oh, please, tell me this

Would you die for the one you love?

Hold me in your arms tonight

"He is too weak to deserve you," he found himself saying, suddenly angry at how much Bulma was hurting like this. 'I'll kill that baka…wait…why do you care?' he thought.

I can be your hero, baby

I can kiss away the pain

I will stand by you forever

You can take my breath away

Bulma looked up at Vegeta with a tear-stained face and tried to smile. She was beginning to think that Vegeta didn't like to see her cry.

Maybe…maybe he wanted her to be happy.

Meanwhile, Vegeta was still arguing with himself in his head. 'Maybe I have feelings for her…' he thought… 'but she'll never have the same. Will she?'

Would you swear that you'll always be mine?

Or would you lie?

Would you run and hide?

Am I in too deep?

Have I lost my mind?

I don't care

You're here tonight

Unceremoniously, he wiped a tear from her face. "Stop crying," he ordered gruffly. "Tears get you nowhere and they make you feel worse off than you are."

I can be your hero, baby

I can kiss away the pain

I will stand by you forever

You can take my breath away

"Vegeta…"

"What?"

"Are you…concerned about me?"

"Hn."

Oh, I just wanna hold you

I just wanna hold you

Am I in too deep?

Have I lost my mind?

I don't care

You're here tonight

"Vegeta?"

"Déjà vu, anyone?"

"I just…I wanna thank you."

"Hn."

I can be your hero baby

I can kiss away the pain

I will stand by you forever

You can take my breath away

"I think I'll be okay now," Bulma said, wiping away a final tear from her face and clearing her throat. "You can go back to training now."

He lingered for a moment, before taking his arms off her shoulders and standing up.

I can be your hero, baby

I can kiss away the pain

I will stand by you forever

You can take my breath away

He paused at the door. "This gets out to no one," he said imperiously, before walking out the door and shutting it tight.

Bulma smiled in spite of herself. "Of course not, Veggie-chan," she whispered. "Of course not."

Hehehe. A little B/V going on here! Sorry for the little OOC Vegeta, but he had to be! And anyway, it's not like anyone saw them. Except, maybe, for that little security camera…MMWHAHAHA!

REVIEW!