Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I Believe In A Thing Called Love ❯ Bad Luck ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ. The DBZ universe and its characters are property of Akira Toryiama, Toei and Hi No Tory studios. However, Asyla is my character.
Author's Note: Hi, folks! I want to thank everyone who has reviewed! Thank you for reading and please enjoy this new chapter!

Chapter 17: Bad Luck
"I.D.?" the bouncer asked Asyla.
"She's with me Chad," Bulma answered as she pushed Chi Chi and Asyla into the club.
It was dimly lit and hot. Asyla could barely breathe. It was nothing like the clubs on Ithia. They were much bigger. People were crammed in, sweating against each other and dancing very provocative. Asyla swallowed hard. She did like the music. She swayed to it as she followed Bulma and Chi Chi.
"Chi, I'm going to get a drink. Show Asyla around," Bulma screamed to Chi Chi over the music.
"Here we go with this shit again," Chi Chi mumbled and took Asyla's hand, "Come on. Let's start dancing."
Asyla was a little reluctant, but she followed Bulma. She mimicked her actions and swayed to the beat. Asyla felt someone's hand touch her waist. She whirled to punch, but was met with a smile. The man swaying back and forth in front of her was intriguing. His hair was red like hers but a brighter shade. His gold eyes held something fierceness that made Asyla smile. He reminded her of home. He was wearing a black, silk dress shirt with black jeans. Two of the buttons were unbuttoned revealing his lean muscles rippling every time he moved. The man had gripped her waist and proceeded to dance with her. Asyla smiled back and danced with him. She twirled and her movement was too fast. He tripped and nearly fell face first if Asyla hadn't caught his arm.
"Well, that kills my idea of being smooth. My name's Kuro," The man said with a laugh.
"Asyla," Asyla replied as she giggled. Her tiger seemed pleased with him. His energy level was a little higher than the normal human male which was interesting to her. So, he had to be a fighter. Very interesting, indeed.
Kuro pulled her to him when the song changed. The tempo was faster. He whispered in her ear, "Lighten up." He pushes her back away from him and seems to be waiting on what Asyla would do. She blushes before closing her eyes. She rocked and leaned with the beat of the music.
Chi Chi had stopped dancing briefly. It was getting old having some idiot grope her behind. Chi Chi stared at how Asyla was dancing. She was really good at it. Chi Chi was happy that Asyla was finally smiling. She seemed a little distant the whole time they had been out. Now, she was dancing her legs off with this one guy. Chi Chi wondered if the attraction bet*een Trunks and Asyla had ended. She'd have to ask about it later.
Asyla came back over to her breathless and glo*ing. "Are you ok? Why aren't you dancing?" she asked.
"Uh, um, someone has to keep an eye on Bulma when she lets herself loose," Chi hi replied.
"Oh ok," Asyla said, "I think I am going to go back. Later." She walked back to the dance floor. The song was slower. Kuro pulled her to him and wrapped his arms around his waist. Asyla wrapped her arms around his neck. She laid her head on his shoulder and inhaled. 'Peppermint,' she thought to herself as she rocked back and forth with him.
The cold times make dreams fall like rain and slip through my hands.
When I woke up from the countless wishes, you are reflected in a shimmering
illusion -the silhouette whose faint smile leads me along.
"So, are you new here Asyla?" Koru asked.
"Yes, I just moved here. I am staying with my Aunt and Uncle," Asyla said. She wasn't really lying.
"Where'd ya come from?" Koru asked.
"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," Asyla replied.
With a trembling finger, I gather up the dreams; without even breathing on them, they're crumbling.
Even the certain things are too unreliable; if I believe in something, can I be with you again?
It's whitely vanishing, the silhouette of that day.

"Who's she dancing with?" Bulma asked as she patted Chi Chi on the back. She had held herself back tonight. She was still nursing her third drink, but usually she'd be on her eighth or tenth drink.
"I don't know. She's been dancing with him since we got here," Chi Chi explained.
"I am so happy she is finally getting off of Trunks. You know he didn't even say goodbye when she told him she was leaving," Bulma blurted out and stamped her feet, "Trunks can be a jerk like his father sometimes."
Chi Chi listened to Bulma and nodded. That explained Asyla's mood. She was like a lost puppy. Whoever the guy she was dancing with, she was glad for him. He was making her happy and that's exactly what she needed at the time. Bulma shoved her drink into Chi Chi's hand.
"I'm going to restroom. Hold that for me," Bulma said before walking away. She pushed her way through the crowd of people and pushed the door open. What she liked about this club was that it was one of the cleanest. Bulma quickly used the bathroom. She stepped out and washed her hands. She didn't notice the man sitting on the couch until she was leaving.
"Oh, what are you doing here? This is the woman's bathroom," Bulma said.
"I know that. I am here for you, Bulma," the man said as he stood up.
"What, what do you mean you're here for me?" Bulma asked.
"It has been awhile since I found one as pretty as you. Don't run and maybe I won't cut up your face." The man answered as he pulled out a knife.

Asyla didn't want this moment to end. She liked Koru. She liked him a lot. Koru made her feel like she was back on Ithia. He had the leanness of an Ithian and the fierceness in the eyes, but deep down beyond the fierce appearance they were good. Koru, on the other hand, seemed like a big goof and she liked it. Asyla felt bad for a moment that she was snuggling with another man when the previous night she had been sleeping with Trunks, but it was nothing she could do about him and his mood swings.
"Seriously, where are you from? I'm dying to know. You're just so different," Koru said.
"I can't tell you," Asyla stated.
"Why not? Trust me, nothing is going to surprise me," Koru said.
Asyla smiled and was going to reply until she heard a scream. It was faint, but it was there. She heard it again and said, "I have to go." She pulled away from Koru and sprinted to the bathroom. She could hear the scream over the music when no one else could. Asyla busted into the bathroom. A man was holding Bulma with a knife pressed to her throat. The man turned around and she recognized him. He was the man from the dressing room. Asyla growled at him as the man stood up.
"You made an appearance. Good. I'll get to you when I'm done," the man said.
"You won't be getting to anyone. Get away from Bulma," Asyla said as she approached.
The man shook his knife in the air while saying, "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Impatient are we. I can stop for you."
Asyla could see Bulma's blood running down her arm and she said, "You'll regret that."
"What exactly are you going to do? You're just a woman," the man said with a chuckle.
Asyla cracked her knuckles and her nails lengthen into claws. At least one of her abilities still remained. She smirked at the man and said, "I'm about to show you." She lunged and slashed at the man. The man thrust the knife into Asyla's side. Asyla hissed and swung at him. Her speed was lacking. However, she caught his arm and dug in. Asyla slammed him into a sink and smashed his face into the wall. The man crumpled to the ground. Asyla was going to deliver the final blow when a loud repetitive popping noise caused her to flinch and jump back.
"What the hell was that?" she said.
"Sounds like gun shots," Bulma replied.
"Gun shots?" Asyla asked.

"Good job, Kuro. You scare away another one," Kuro muttered to himself as he made his way to the bar. He had come into the club hoping to have a good time and no more. Kuro had picked up on the high energy levels almost immediately. He assumed it would be two guys, but to his surprise, it was Asyla and her black haired companion. Asyla's energy level was much higher than her black haired friend, but that wasn't what attracted him to her. He figured she'd be stuck up by how the blue haired woman acted, but she was easy, a little reserved but easy.
Kuro could also tell she wasn't use to clubs. He expected her to punch him when he had touched her hip, but she relaxed a bit. Asyla didn't talk much, but why would she. They were at a club. He regretted not getting her number when he had a chance.
"Shot of Vodka," Kuro said to the bartender.
"So, you're the guy trying to be friendly with my niece," Chi Chi said as she sat down next to him.
"Excuse me?" Kuro said turning to Chi Chi. His face had become standoffish. He didn't really want any girls hitting on him especially not the friend of the girl he was just trying to talk to.
"You were talking to my niece, Asyla," Chi Chi explained.
"Niece? Whoa, wait, you're Asyla's Aunt?" Kuro said.
"Yes, that's what I said," Chi Chi said.
"You don't look like you could be an Aunt. If this is a sick joke, you know playing out an Aunt and Niece fantasy; I am not cool with that!" Kuro stated as he downed his drink.
"No, I am her damn Aunt. What kind of women you hang out with?" Chi Chi said.
"Not every woman in here has everything screwed down in their head," Kuro explained as he waved the bartender over to fill his glass again.
"I want to know what you are doing with my niece. If you are messing around and filling her ears with false intentions, I swear I'll rearrange you!" Chi Chi warned.
"Look lady, all I'm trying to do is dance with her and get to know her. It's not like I'm trying to marry her." Kuro yelled back at her.
"Then why are you talking to her?" Chi Chi asked.
"Listen lady, I…."
POW! POW! POW! POW! POW!
A high pitch scream started the stampede. Kuro grabbed Chi Chi by her hand and yanked her up on the bar. He had timed it right because people ran smack into the chairs they were just sitting in. Kuro scanned the crowd for Asyla. He didn't see her, but he did see the culprits. Three men looked like body guards for Dr. Evil. He frowned at them and was getting ready to move when the doors to the club slammed shut.
"Every time. Every time, I go to the club with Bulma. Something always bad happens!" Chi Chi complained. Chi Chi kicked off her shoes and dropped down off the counter.
"EVERYONE! If you want to survive tonight, empty your pockets and no one will get hurt!" Robber #1 yelled.
Kuro sized all four of the robbers up. Two of them had automatics and the other two had double barrel shotguns. He could take the first two with the automatics, but he wasn't fast enough to dodge all four of them. Kuro stepped off the counter to stand next Chi Chi.
"I know you can fight. If you can take out the two in the back, I can handle the rest," Kuro said.
"Pfft, I can do more than that," Chi Chi said.

Asyla had taken her coat and tied it around Bulma's wrist. She could hear the screaming outside, but she stayed with Bulma until she had stopped freaking out. Asyla moved to the door and pushed it open slowly. She saw two men walking around with big, black bags. They were shoving people's belongings into the bags.
"They're robbers. I'm going to call 911," Bulma whispered as she peered over Asyla's shoulder. She pulled her cell phone out of her small purse.
"I'm going out there," Asyla said.
"Don't go out there. You're bleeding." Bulma said, "I don't know what's happening to you, but that knife shouldn't have even scraped your skin. Just wait."
"Chi Chi is out there and I'm going to help her. You can stay here." Asyla said creeping out of the bathroom. She stayed close to the wall and out of sight. She watched as Kuro move. He was fast, but not fast enough for her not to catch his movements. He attacked the first man, broke his arm and destroyed his gun. The other man got a shot off and from the groan. Kuro had been hit. Asyla ran out of her hiding place.
Careless, careless, careless! Kuro held his side and shoulder. He hated men that used guns. They were all cowards to him. Kuro watched as the last man approached him. Chi Chi had done her end of the deal. It was him that messed up. She couldn't help him and he wouldn't want her too. Robber #2 held the gun to his forehead. He was grinning evilly.
"Let's show everyone what happens to heroes," The robber #2 said, "Shall we, boy?"
"Mark, watch out!" the robber #1 on the ground yelled. Asyla was running towards the other robber. He shot at her and Asyla dodged the bullets. She hit the robber hard. Her claws went into his wrist and chest. Asyla slammed him down. She punched him hard in the face knocking him out. Asyla turned to Kuro.
"Are you ok?" Asyla asked.
"I'm fine, but you're bleeding," Kuro said standing up.
Asyla looked down at her torso. She had a bullet wound in her abdomen and shoulder blade. Asyla touched it and said, "Just flesh wounds." She walked forward and everything got woozy. Asyla could see Chi Chi running to her and then everything went black.

So, there ya go. Anyway, hope you enjoyed and please review! Stay tuned for the next chapter!