Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Icebox ❯ 04 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Now, after I got my hair outta that cleaning machine the first thing I saw was a big ol' grin on Raditu's face, followed by some real bright-colored hairs falling in front of my eyes. He says, “Hey, better not let Freeza see y' like that!” and I gather real quick that I must look like a Super Saiyajin.
 
I say, hey. Why not let Freeza see me like this? And his grin gets even bigger. Raditsu rants about the idea for a while, makin' it his own I s'pose. Well, Nappa showed up not long after.
 
Turns out the guy was pretty helpful after all, by the way. He was able to get us a drawing of what Namek looked like, which was a part of the big scheme. Even more, he offered to play the part of that bald guy that was there for the whole thing. Y'know, up until the climactic moment. Everyone `round Hell knows Kakarrot's story. (I ever mentioned how proud I am of th' guy? I only wish he was a proper Saiyajin. Ah well.)
 
Well, beyond those two things the Nappa guy did for us, he turned out to be helpful past that, too. See, I guess while we were wandering `round he met this short wrinkly guy. And talked to him. And I guess he's a wizard, or something, used to be the master of that bubble gum freak that Kakarrot fought. Right, so he insisted that we go meet this Bobba whatever fellow, and who `m I to argue? After he did that other stuff for us, no reason to disbelieve him. Raditsu wouldn't have none of it, hates Nappa so much and all that, but I went anyway. (I mean—it's Hell—any excuse to do anything is good enough for me.)
 
 
 
 
Now, he'd been described to me as short an' wrinkly but it wasn't until I met him that I knew just how true that was. Up against Nappa, that fellow may `s well've been an insect. Annoying as hell—but he seemed real interested in talking to me, kept mentioning Kakarrot (or Goh-ku, whatever) over and over and how similar we look.
 
This guy, being a wizard and all, apparently had some magical powers. Mumbled something about Prince Vegeta (when did he come into this?) and started getting all twitchy and nervous like, I think. Seemed real excited about something but didn't wanna show it.
 
By the way, mid conversation, had a vision of Kakarrot and his son sparring, both Super Saiyajins. Normally I ain't all superstitious, but this one was definitely a sign of what was to come for me.
 
See, I shook off the vision real quick and the wizard was alluva sudden ranting about power, and glimpsing…something… Nappa looked at me with this grin on his face and said something about how I should do “it” and how if “it” worked it could make our joke even better. (There's no way the guy hates Freeza as much as me, but I s'pose he had reason enough to be interested in our prank.)
 
Now, I had no idea what “it” was, so, I just kinda nodded an' figured, eh, how bad could it be? I'm already dead and I'm already in Hell. Well, it was pretty bad. Suddenly there's this feeling like an explosion in my head, like the worst goddamn headache this side of the afterlife. I hear the wizard talking to me from inside my mind and it's creepy as, well, you get the idea. But at the same time, I felt this crazy rush of power leaping up from my gut an' heating me up from the inside, like a real strong drink or somethin'. So I'm clutchin' my head like maybe ripping my hair out will make me feel better, got this weirdo talking to me from the inside of my head…then I feel something different. My hair starts sifting up between my fingers and my bangs aren't in front of my face anymore, and past the blood in my eyes and this focused heat in th' middle of my forehead, I feel different.
 
The fucking wizard made me a Super Saiyajin.
 
That's not the end of it though. Apparently the catch was him havin' some weird control over me. What was weirder was how my normal visions played into it (hah, “normal”). Every time the wizard tried to make me do somethin', I blanked out into “Kakarrotto-vision.” The man sparring Prince Vegeta. Eating. Fishing. Nothing special, only it kept the wizard guy from getting all the way to my head.
 
For the little time I was conscious, I saw Nappa lookin' back and forth between us like he couldn't decide what to do. Finally, when I fell over to the ground in pain, I think the guy caught on an' picked up the bug and snapped `im in half.
 
Now, this is Hell, so no one dies. But he was out for a good long while. Long enough for me to fight off whatever he did to me, and my head stopped pounding. And I don't think he'll be messing with me like that again.
 
Because you know what I found out not too long after?
 
I didn't need the wizard's help after that.
 
I was a fucking Super Saiyajin.