Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Innocence Reborn ❯ Chapter 11: What is the connection? ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Innocence Reborn

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragonball Z, if I did, they would have made GT a lot better [the voices in it... *grimaces*] and Kibito and Supreme Kai wouldn't have fused *beats up Kibitokai* I don't think Kaeli owns it either, though I've seen a lot of lawyers around lately ^^



Authors note: I am so sorry for the long wait, and even more so for the shortness of this chapter, I promise my next one will be MUCH longer, but I've been trying [though not every second of every day obviously] to write this, and I couldn't come up with much good beyond this chapter...feel free to send Kaeli various frying pans to beat me with, I'm sure she'll accept em.



Anyway, onto the story ^^

Chapter eleven - What's the connection?

They had no idea of the peril above them nor did they know anything of what was about to happen. All that was on their mind was training and training alone.

For both Gohan and Piccolo, training had not been as enjoyable in recent weeks as it had been, between the nightmares that the young Namakian would have often, and the threat of the androids in three years...no...less that that, Goku reminded himself, neither had seemed to have the same zest for it, of course, for Piccolo, the sayian knew that in this state, how he reacted to training would be entirely different.

This was the reason for where they were going.

Beside him, a little behind, but holding strong, Piccolo mused on what he had learnt scant minutes before. A room where you could train for a year, but only have a day pass outside...it sounded too fantastical to be true, but as with many things in this world, he knew to expect things, no matter how impossible they seemed. Indeed, he was not of the planet, and neither was Goku, both had their roots based on another world, there were strange orbs that could grant wishes, and other things which seemed strange, but true.

A room like that didn't seem so impossible really...

Suddenly a wave of...something...passed over him, like pain mixed with numbness, similar to a punch that connected in battle...no...something else...but he couldn't quite grasp it. A memory wanted to come to the surface, but something was blocking it, all he could get was a shape...no...a body, lying on the ground, in pain, but pain that was fading fast...

Then gone...

Shaking his head, Piccolo noticed he was now far behind the others, and they just noticed, stopping to let the small Namak catch up.

"You ok Piccolo?"

A nod answered, but it didn't leave Gohan feeling any more relieved.



"Just more memories..." the soft murmur came "I don't know what they are...I know they're mine...it was somebody laying on the ground...they were in a lot of pain...somebody was shaking them..." Piccolo paused, more coming back "telling them not to leave..." he concentrated more "...that they couldn't go on without them"



Piccolo paused "That was me...wasn't it"



It was half a question, and half a statement.



"Yeah..." Gohan murmured "It was a while ago...but yeah, that was you"



Piccolo nodded, but didn't press any further, he could tell whatever it was that had happened, was something that bothered his friend a lot.



He was forced to stop again as another wave swept over him, but this was not accompanied by a half-memory, it was painful, but more as if it was muted, not his own pain.



"Piccolo?"



"Huh?" he snapped from his daze to see Goku holding his arm and the younger sayian, Gohan, giving him concerned glances. As he looked down, Piccolo saw that without even noticing, he had begun to drop steadily towards the ground, they were now only about fifty feet from a very painful experience.



"What's wrong?" Gohan probed "This is the second time this happened..."



"I dunno..." Piccolo trailed off "But...something's wrong...I dunno how I can explain it, but I felt pain...but it wasn't mine" he paused, trying to get some sort of grasp on the situation, but that seemed to be the only thing he could find.



"Dad..." Gohan paused "You don't think it's..."



"Hmm?" Goku mused "You mean Kami?" Gohan nodded "Yeah...that'd make sense, I mean..."



"Huh..." Piccolo spoke up "Whaddaya mean, something's wrong with Kami...why would I be able to feel it?"



"Well..." Gohan laughed nervously "You and Kami are kinda....linked"



"Linked?"



"Yeah" Gohan nodded "How's the best way to explain it..." he mused, before grinning "Oh yeah, well, see, a long long long time ago, you and Kami were just one person...and then he hadta become the guardian, so he had to get rid of his evil inside him, so he split into Piccolo Daimaoh and Kami"



"I was evil?"



"Nonono!" Gohan said, frantically waving his arms and shaking his head "Daimaoh was evil, but he wasn't you...see, he tried to take over the world, but dad beat him, didn't ya dad"



Goku nodded happily "Yup"



"But there's this thing between em, so that if Daimaoh died, so would Kami, and when he was just about to get...well...y'know, he spit out an egg, which is their way of having kids..."



"I think ChiChi might have liked that way..." Goku mused "She was screaming a lot when you were born...and my fingers got most of that..."



Gohan chuckled "Sure dad" he turned back to Piccolo "And well, you were in that egg"



"Oh" Piccolo said "And you found me when I hatched, right?"



"Not really..." Gohan paused "You grew up a bit, and were kinda evil at first, but you got good" he finished triumphantly "and you were my best friend"



Piccolo grinned "Really?"



"Yup"



Then the small Namak paused again, his forehead wrinkling up "It's happening again..." he turned to Gohan "If it's this 'connection' thing you said 'bout, will Kami be ok?"



"I don't know..." Gohan paused "I really don't"



"We should go find out" Goku pointed out "You think you can keep flying?" he asked Piccolo, who nodded, and after being let go of Goku, began to fly towards the lookout, followed by Gohan and Goku.



- - - - -



Mr Popo had seen Kami fall to his knees, and a split second later, had rushed to him, just in time to catch him before the guardian slumped even further.



Even as he held him, Popo knew Kami was unconscious, breathing slightly irregularly, and had been in some pain. His eyes were squeezed tightly just before he fell unconscious completely.



As the bare winds blew through the lookout, Popo glanced around, then gathered his friend into his arms and headed towards the palace. He navigated through the corridors until he came to Kami's room. Contrary to popular belief, mostly from the ordinary humans down on the planet surface, the guardian of earth did sleep, and as such, a room was needed for this purpose.



At the back of his mind, as he settled Kami onto the bed, Popo could feel the energy auras of three people coming to the lookout. Though not a fighter, Popo could sense the ki of others, and with a last look at his friend, hurried out of the room, and outside.



Hopefully, they could help.



- - - - -



On the rest of the way there, Piccolo had no more of the strange sensations, which both calmed, and worried him at the same time. His mind kept going over this 'connection' he had heard about, and the realization that once, he had been evil.



That would explain the dreams he had been having, of hurting, and...killing...people, of remembering their screams and pleas not to be hurt, and laughter...



Lots of laughter...



Still...there was something telling him that he hadn't done it...but the memories were so real, and so vivid, how could they not be his...maybe if they saw Kami, he would be able to explain, after all, that connection had to mean something, didn't it...it felt as if there were a wall of glass between him and his memories, close enough to see slight images, but not able to understand them fully, like tinted glass...



Piccolo sighed, then caught sight of the lookout and his _expression brightened. He had managed to get to the lookout, a good distance, without needing assistance; his training was coming along well.



But he became more somber as they landed, and an obviously worried Mr Popo ran up to them.



He was right...something had to be wrong.