Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Innocence Reborn ❯ Opening Your Eyes ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey, it is Kaeli. Hope you all enjoyed the last part of this fic. I really do. Now, see what happens when the wish has the effect on the other half of Piccolo! And, will Chi Chi actually make him start to study? Find out as you read the next part of this fic. All enjoy now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ < p>"This place is nice. I want to stay here forever!" Piccolo commented as Gohan showed him the last of the house. The small Namek stood outside the front door as he looked all around, a wondering expression on his face as a smile slowly crept onto his lips. Goku, Gohan, and Krillin stood a few feet away, wondering what to do next.

"I can't believe you did that." Was Goku's first words that came out of his mouth to his son.

"I know, dad. But, at least he will have a childhood this time." Gohan whined, slumping his shoulders some. He looked down at the ground, a innocent look appearing onto the young boy's face.

"I like Piccolo like this. He looks so...." Krillin started as he tried to think of the word that he was trying to say.

"....innocent...." Goku finished, a smile forming on his face as he watched Piccolo look around the front yard, his turban just a little too big for his head. Gohan looked up him, his eyes wide with hope. The, his father's face turned serious. "But, I don't think he should stay like this, you guys. I mean, we have to get him back to the way he was before." "The Saiyan looked down at his son. "I mean it."

"But why?"

"Because. Piccolo can't stay like this forever. He has to grow up sometime."

"Yeah, but we have to wait for the Dragon Balls to regenerate. That will take a year." Krillin pointed out. "At least give him that since it might take a while for us to find the Dragon Balls anyways. By them, someone else may have gotten them and we would have to wait longer."

"Not with Bulma's Dragon Radar."

"Come on, dad. Don't be serious about this."

"I will make you a deal, Gohan. I get the Dragon Balls and we will wish Piccolo back to old self. But, he will stay like this for a year and only a year. At leastwe can give him some kind of childhood. I mean, we all don't live forever." Goku replied, his face becoming less serious. Gohan smiled happily, knowing that he had triumphed somewhat.

"While we are on the subject of living forever and Dragon Balls, there is something else that probably went back to being a kid as well. At least, got a few years younger." Krillin said, scratching the back of his head, laughing slightly. The two Saiyans looked at him, confused looks on their faces and questions in their eyes. The human sweatdropped. "You guys don't know who I am talking about, do you?"

"No...." Goku said, a blank expression crossing his face.

"Ugh. Think about it, Goku. Who is linked to Piccolo?"

"Um....Elvis?" The Saiyan answered, shrugging. Krillin sighed, shaking his head. Then, a light bulb went off on the younger one's head.

"I know! Kami!" Gohan answered.

"Oh yeah......"

"I totally forgot. Geez, I wonder if he is a kid again. That would be cool!"

"I just hope Mr. Popo didn't have a heart attack if Kami is."

"Why don't we go see for ourselves?"

"What about Piccolo? What are we going to do about him?" The three looked in the direction of the Namek, who was in awe at the whole aspect of being in a new place. "He probably doesn't even know who Kami is."

"Well, we have to take him with us. Maybe Kami will know what to do. " Goku said, watching the other with interest. Piccolo had to know that he was being talked about as he looked in their direction. Gohan beckoned the young Namek to come towards him, a small smile on his lips. He nodded and bounded towards them, a excited expression on face.

"What? Is there more to see?" Piccolo asked happily, stopping in front of them.

"Sorta. Look, we have to go see some friends of ours. They live a while away. So, we would like you to, ah, meet them." Krillin said, biting his lower lip. "I don't suppose you know how to fly, do you?"

"Fly?" The Namek asked, tilting his head some. "I can fly?"

"I take that as a no." The human muttered under his breath. Goku scratched his head, looking at the green one.

"I guess I could carry him." The Saiyan offered, taking a few steps towards Piccolo. He gently lifted him up from the ground, hoisting him onto his shoulder. He looked at the other's, a smile on his lips. "How bad can a visit to Kami's Lookout be? Hopefully he will understand. And remember."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

Now, I am going out on a limb here. I do not know if this would really happen or what. It is just a idea that I wanted to play around with. So, please don't flame if I am getting this wrong . *ducks as tomatoes fly past her head* Or throw food items. Thanks ^_^!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ < p>A long ways away from the Son house, the wish not only had a effect on Piccolo but someone else. Someone that the Namek rarely thought of but knew that was there. Always. Except for now.

High above the clouds of the Earth, Kami's Lookout hovered. Anyone who looked down upon could see for miles the wondrous life. They could see things that no one else could ever see.

The garden of the Lookout was well kept as it will always be. Nothing was out of place nor was it dirty. Those who stepped onto the sanctuary would marvel at the site, wondering how anyone could keep something like this so beautiful. So clean. So...neat.

By the edge of the garden, a single figure stood, looking down on the Earth. His somewhat aged Namekian faced shined in the sunlight, which was clear and elegant. The dark blue material of his gi ruffled in the wind, swirling in unison with his thoughts. The images of the clouds were reflected in his eyes as she watched the Earth, waiting for something else to happen. Happen to him.

"Kami, what's wrong?" A voice from behind. The Namek did not turn around to know who it was. He could tell just by the voice.

"Someone used the Dragon Balls, Mr. Popo. And, I know what they wished for." Kami said, a hint of wonder in his voice. He was surprised himself at the youthfulness that was in it.

"How?" Mr. Popo asked. The Namek sighed as he turned his head slightly so that the sun could reflect upon it. Instead of the aged face that appeared, a more younger one took it's place. The other seemed to be somewhat surprised at the change that fell upon Kami.

"I know someone must have made a wish on Piccolo. That is why I appear somewhat younger."

"But why would they make a wish like that, Kami?"

"I do not know. But, we will find out soon enough."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Somewhere else, another had noticed that a wish had been made. He stood on the Capsule Corps. nicely mowed lawn, right in front of a rounded training machine. His eyes were filled with anger as he stared up at the sky, a snarl on his face. Thought's ran through his head as he tried to make sense of what just had happened.

"Damn it." Vegeta growled, clenching his fists together. Why does everyone else seem to use those Dragon Balls but me? He thought angrily to himself. It plainly wasn't hard not to see a dark cloud in the sky. People just had to notice the sudden change in the weather that was caused by some dragon awakening. And, the prince was one of them. "That's it! I am going to find those who dared to use the Dragon Balls before the mighty prince of Saiyans! Then, I will go after the Dragon and get my wish!" Vegeta lifted himself off of the ground, the flames still in his eyes.

"Hey Vegeta! Where do you think you are going?" A female voice demanded before the Saiyan could go anywhere. He cringed at the voice, biting his lower lip to stop himself from swearing.

"What do you want woman?" The prince asked bitterly, crossing his arms over his chest as he hovered in the air. Bulma walked to this side, her hands on her hips. Her lips were pressed in a thin line like she was going to explode with anger at any moment.

"I asked you a question." She responded with force, looking up at him. "And, I expect it to be answered."

"Where I am going is none of your concern."

"Well, it should be. You just can't go flying off like this. I order you to go back into the building. NOW!"

"I do not take orders from anyone. Especially you!" Vegeta spat out, his anger now boiling over. He tried hard to keep himself from letting the human have it but he decided against it. I am not through with you just yet woman, The prince thought as he glared down at the girl before flying off in the blue sky. He did not look back as he did so, leaving a trial of white aura behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where did they go?" Chi Chi wondered out loud as she stood outside her house. Her arms were crossed over her chest, a pissed off look on her face. "Gohan needs to study."

The woman sighed, tilting her head downward towards the ground. She had a feeling as to where they had gone. Knew what they were going to do. Stupid training. If he didn't do that, my baby would be a scholar by now, Chi Chi thought sadly, a defeated look on her face. I'll make him and Piccolo study when they get home. I will make them do more since they just left without telling me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"How much farther do we have to go?" Piccolo asked from his position on Goku's back.

"Almost there, Piccolo. " Gohan said as he stared straight ahead. The small demi-Saiyan knew things would be different between Piccolo and Kami. Even though the two were joined in some kind of link, the negative half of the Guardian never had much likeliness for his gentler side. It was easy to see from the very beginning. Though there was a sense that Piccolo, deep inside, cared for the other, he never showed it. And, he probably would never do so in the future.

"You will like them. I know you will." Krillin spoke up, a little uneasy. He flew closer to Gohan, his lips in a tight line. "Think he will remember anything about Kami?"

"Not if he doesn't remember anything about my father or any of us."

"I just hope that nothing breaks out at the Lookout. After all, Piccolo never really had much of a friendship with Kami. He barely got along with him much less want to be around the place."

"I know. We will see when we get there. I just hope that Piccolo will remember what will happen in the next year."

"Don't worry about it. As long as we keep him from Vegeta and Master Roshi, we should be fine. Just hope he doesn't trash the Lookout. Then, Mr. Popo would really have a heart attack."

"What's that?" Piccolo asked in a wondrous voice. The two looked straight ahead to see the silhouette of Kami's Lookout in the lightness of the clouds. Gohan smiled some, a small yet faraway look in his eyes. "Who's there?"

"That is where we are headed to, Piccolo. There, you will meet someone that you probably will know for the rest of your life."

TO BE CONTINUED.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I'll let Aura take over from here. Hope you all liked this so far! We'll keep the story coming along! Will Piccolo get along

HAVE A NICE DAY!