Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Invasion Of Shadows ❯ The Story ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hi there! I hope you all enjoy this story! The summary may be a bit confusing. There are, actually, two summaries to this story. I didn't know which one was better. Here they are:

Summary #1: "It's just a story!" Bardock said, patting his 3 year old on the head. "Don't worry!" "But, Daddy, I saw it, da Shadow Monster! He was here, in da corner! He tried to hurt me, Daddy, to kill me! Why won't you believe me, Daddy!" Kakarot asked, grabbing his father's hand in emphasis. "It more dan a story, Daddy! It real, I jus' know it! I feel it!"

Summary #2: Growing up in an alternate past that never knew Frieza is 3-year-old Kakarot, whose brother told him a story one night about a monster who stole souls. But when the story becomes real and Son Goku and Goten show up, will they be able to stop a monster whom could be their own shadows?

This is a BIG Alternate Universe fic, by the way.

The main characters are gonna be Bardock, Raditz, Kakarot, Son Goku, and Son Goten.

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters or the storyline of DragonBall Z or it's characters. I do, however, own the idea for this story and any characters I decide to make up. So don't go stealin' any, ya hear?!

Invasion Of Shadows

The Story

"And then he comes out and sucks the souls and life right out of them." 9-year-old Raditz whispered in a scary voice. 3-year-old Kakarot squeezed his stuffed monkey to his chest in scared anticipation. "He then leaves the being to die an agonizing and slow death. Then he moves to the children. To them, though, he gives an even more painful death. To them he-"

"Kakarot!! Are you still up?!" A voice said suddenly behind Kakarot.

Kakarot screamed in fear and jumped. Raditz fell over laughing.

"What the?" The voice said.

Kakarot turned around to see who the voice belonged to.

"D-Daddy?!" He yelled, surprised. He growled and looked over at his older brother. "Big Broter!! Dat not funny!!"

"Y-yes it is!!" Raditz managed to say in between laughs.

"Daddy! Tell Big Broter to stop!" Kakarot yelled, sitting cross-legged on the bed.

Bardock sighed. "Raditz, stop laughing! Kakarot, what are you still doing up?!"

Kakarot hunched his shoulders up and bowed his head slightly. "You forgot to tell me my story again, so I asked Big Broter to. And ya know what he told me, Daddy?" Kakarot lifted his head and held his arms above his head in emphasis to what he was about to say. "He told me dat dare's dis scary monster called da Shadow Monster dat sucks peoples souls right outta 'em! Den he leaves dem to die a long and hurty deat!"

Bardock looked at Kakarot then turned to Raditz. "Raditz, have you been telling your brother scary stories again?"

"Aw, c'mon, Dad! There not real, so it's not gonna hurt him!" Raditz whined back.

"That doesn't matter. You know that he gets scared anyway." Bardock told him, sighing and running a hand threw his messy black hair.

"I not scared!" Kakarot butted in.

"Sure! You jumped at least five feet in the air!" Raditz teased him.

Kakarot crossed his arms and pouted. "Did not." He muttered.

"Did to." Raditz said back.

"Did not!" Kakarot yelled.

"Did t-"

"Stop it, both of you!" Bardock yelled. "Raditz, get under your covers and get to sleep. C'mon, Kakarot. You're gonna have to go to your own bed." Bardock told him, picking the small boy up. "Say 'Good night' to your brother, Kakarot."

"Nighty night, Big Broter!" Kakarot laughed, their fight already forgotten.

"Raditz." Bardock said in one syllable.

A small groan came from the lump on Raditz's bed. "Good night, Kakarot." Raditz muttered, partially under his breath.

'Guess that'll have to do.' Bardock thought.

He stepped out of the room, closing the door with one hand and holding Kakarot to his chest with the other.

Kakarot clutched onto his fathers t-shirt with one hand and held his stuffed monkey with the other.

"Daddy? Big Broter's story wasn't real, was it?" Kakarot asked in a shaky voice.

"Of course it wasn't, Kakarot. Non of Raditz's stories are true."

"Okay, Daddy. I believe you." Kakarot said before looking over at a small corner of the room. Bardock felt the small boys hand tighten on his shirt as he let out a shiver and quickly turned his eyes back to look at his fathers face.

"I believe you, Daddy." Kakarot muttered, his voice holding more fear than it had before.

Behind them, in the shadows, a small, red eye appeared. The eye looked around, blinked, then disappeared as soon as it had come.

~*~

A/N: How was it? Good or bad? Please read and review! The more reviews I get, the more inspiration I get, so review!

Angel Abi