Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Khan Saga: The Jeweler Icejins ❯ Pre-Tournament Battles, Part One ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Khan Saga

Author's Note: I got the tournament idea from previous DB and DBZ tournaments, so I'm not trying to copy anyone. I assure you that MY tournament will be much too weird to be ANYTHING like yours if you've made up a story with one...Ahh, the weirdness! Can't live without it, can you?

Disclaimer: If I owned DBZ, I wouldn't be putting this here, now would I?

Pre-Tournament Battles, Part One

Khan has a question, a weird one, about the tournament rules, Pritz--a friend of the Khans--wants to battle King Khan, and Mulan just might get some action of her own...fourth in the Khan Saga.

By Queen Breeza

"I'm hungry," Khan announced. His stomach began to growl loudly, and other people began to notice it. Some people were disgusted, but the Saiyans just laughed.

"I know, dear," said Mulan with a smile. "I'm hungry, too."

Khan and Mulan were with the other Couples Tournament contestants as they listened to some no-Saiyan, looked-like-he-crawled-out-of-a-pit alien talk about the rules of the tournament, locker spaces (who needs 'em?), then questions or comments if you had any.

"Ooo! Ooo! I have a question!" said Khan, jumping up and down excitedly with his hand raised in the air.

"Yes?" asked the alien. Poor guy, he didn't know what was coming.

"Why can't we hit below the belt?"

That was all it took to make every person present burst out laughing at the Icejin who pretended to be clueless. The Saiyans there were on the ground holding their stomachs.

"Come on," Khan protested with a smile, "it's a great question. Hitting below the belt should be allowed. You know why?"

Mulan looked at the ground and bit her lip to keep from laughing. One of her friends, Jonak, tried to get up from the ground.

"Because women have to defend themselves, too," Khan continued.

Some of the Saiyan women stopped laughing and looked at Khan. Mulan looked at him like he was crazy.

"Now, before you jump on me, ladies, just hear me out first, okay? I know you can defend yourselves perfectly well, but what if you knew the guy from high school? What if you wanted to get back at him for dumping you? You know? You were there! You know what happened! So, you wanted revenge, and you had the best idea in the universe: hit him where it hurts."

The Saiyan women stopped frowning, and Jonak fell right back on the ground, and Mulan finally joined them.

"You're at the tournament. You see him," Khan continued, his voice moving in to suspense, "He sees you. The first battle starts, and guess what happens? You and him fight in the first round. This is your chance to get him back. Now here's how you do it: first, you let him go. You let him make the first move, and then you..."

The Saiyan women leaned in closer to hear the next part.

"Hit him! As many times as possible--you just make sure he knows who the real player is!"

They started laughing again, and the alien in front of the fighters waved his hand for silence. "That's all good and dandy, but," he began, "I don't make the rules around here."

"Okay. I see where this is goin'," Khan crossed his arms and made a pretend frown. "Just for that...MEN ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HIT WOMEN IN THE CHEST! END. OF. DISCUSSION."

Everybody howled with laughter, and Jonak's sides began to hurt. "Stop!" he said between laughs. "Stop!"

The alien shook his head no, laughed, and spoke again. "Sorry, can't do that one either."

"You are a..."

Silence.

"......WOMAN HATER!" Khan turned and marched away from the crowd, leaving his wife to suffer on the ground.

"Meet you later, hun!" he said to her.

Mulan would have responded, but she was still laughing.

~~~~~

Khan lied down on the bed waiting for Mulan to return. He had gotten 600 pounds of food for them both, knowing it wouldn't be enough, but he was too lazy to get anymore. The food he had gotten was cooked by a friend who knew very delicious recipes, so he wasn't worried about the taste like he had been when he had been in King Cold's diner. He just didn't want it to get cold.

Mulan walked in looking like a Dan hiker, or something else was wrong. She stood at the side of the bed and looked at her husband.

"You...freakish...comedian," she said tiredly. Then she collapsed on the bed beside him.

"What have you been doing?" Khan asked his worn out wife.

"Battling," she said calmly.

"Already!? But the tournament doesn't start till a month from now!" Khan looked at her cautiously. "And you smell like food!"

"Whoa, Hannibal, don't be so hasty," Mulan told him. "I smell like food because someone threw rice balls all over me. I practically had to eat them to get free."

"All of them?!" Khan said with shock.

"Duh! Oh, and before I forget," Mulan took a drumstick from one of the food trays Khan had brought in, "Pritz wants to battle you."

"Now?"

"Mmm-hmm," Mulan bit the drumstick.

"Crap! Could you go with me?," Khan asked.

Mulan looked at Khan with a cocked eyebrow while she finished her drumstick. "Boy, you ain't no baby! Go by yourself!"

"Awww, please?" he was begging now, something Mulan did not like to see him do.

"Okay," she sighed. "Come on, Clifford!"

"Yea!" Khan scrambled off the bed and followed his wife to the battle site.

~~~~~

Pritz leaned against a wall about to devour a rice ball. Then suddenly Ulydania, a third-class Saiyan, ran up and took it from him. He chased her around in a circle until Ulydania got out of it and watched the elite Saiyan chase himself. She gobbled up the rice ball, and Pritz finally stopped running. He looked around for her and found her sitting in the stands. He no longer saw the rice ball.

"Where's my rice ball?!" he yelled at her.

Ulydania looked around innocently. "I ate it," she said sweetly.

"You owe me a rice ball," he grinned, then flew up to the stands where she sat.

"You're the elite," she said, leaning on his leg. "Why don't you go get another one yourself?"

"Those aren't as sweet," Pritz said, "unless you get your girlfriend to get it for you."

"Who said I was your girlfriend?" Ulydania demanded playfully.

"I did, that's who!"

"Scared of you!"

"You should be."

"Then go!"

"I will!"

"Yo!" called Khan at the floor of the stadium. "Mind if I interrupt this chat?" he asked.

"I don't know this woman," said Pritz moving away from Ulydania.

"Quit playin'!" Ulydania slapped Pritz on the leg as she flew down to the floor.

"Ouch! That hurt!" Pritz flew down after her.

"So, you actually came for the battle, huh?" Ulydania lifted her hand and a rice ball appeared in it.

Khan just stared, wide-eyed. "When did you learn that technique?!"

Ulydania took a big bite of the rice ball. "Sometime ago," she swallowed and looked at the rice ball in her hands. "I think it's stealing though. This rice ball smells like somebody I know."

Pritz and Khan looked at one another and then at Ulydania. They quickly moved a couple of feet away from her.

"Hey!" Ulydania looked discouraged. "I didn't mean it smelled like it was made out of somebody I know! Sheesh..."

"Oooh," Khan and Pritz moved back to her.

"So, you gonna battle him, or what, Khan?"

"I'm workin' on it!" Khan crossed his arms and looked at Pritz. "You ready?"

"I've been ready," Pritz took an offensive position. Then Khan did the same.

"No rules guys, just fight," Ulydania mentioned, walking away from the two warriors, who powered up their ki and went at it.

Ulydania sat in the very top of the stands and watched Khan nearly break Pritz's nose with his special Piston Punch. Pritz recovered and sent a flurry of punches at Khan, who did the same. They went into hyper mode, and Khan attacked with many power kicks while Pritz could only block. He soon found an opening though, and sent a powerball straight into Khan's face. This only made Khan even more hungry for battle as he transformed to his fourth form and pounded Pritz in the stomach with his left fist. Pritz fell like a bullet to the ground, but soon got up again, though he was breathing hard and the battle had only begun.

~~~~~

Mulan watched the battle from the gate of the stadium. Her stomach growled.

"Hurry up and finish this freakin' fight," Mulan said, though no one could hear her, except for maybe the person walking up to her from behind.

"Need something to pass the time?" It was King Cold.

Mulan jumped and turned around to face him. "You again, huh? What do you want?"

"Care for a fight?" King Cold smiled darkly at her.

"You're not serious, are you?" Mulan could sense the lizard's power level. It was deadly, and it felt similar to the one earlier on the ship.

"Of course I'm serious," King Cold frowned.

"Well, you don't have to get an attitude!" Mulan tensed up looking at Cold like he was the executioner. "So, where do you want to have it?"

"Follow me," King Cold turned and walked away from the stadium. Mulan followed, feeling fear rise up in her throat. Man, she wished she could vomit.

~~~~~

"What's the matter? Tired already?" Khan taunted. His tail flipped around in the air representing his eagerness for the fight to continue.

"Nah," Pritz said and wiped his mouth, "I'm just getting warmed up!"

Khan powered up even more, then flew at a critical speed toward Pritz. Pritz powered up his special Warped Bomb and waited until Khan was barely two feet in front of him before he threw it. Khan tried guarding himself at the last minute, but the bomb seemed to implode and then explode. The force of its power sent Khan sprawling through the air out of control. When he finally did gain control, it was too late. Pritz appeared behind him and slammed him in his spine, sending Khan on a trip to the ground.

"How'd ya like that move?" Pritz asked in the air.

Khan shot out his left hand and caught himself, the ground around him caving in.

"Not bad," Khan commented. It's time to end this fight! For crying out loud, I'm hungry!! was what Khan really wanted to say.

Pritz hovered over the spot where Khan had fallen and shot numerous energy beams at him in a spray of light. Khan seemed to just stand there and take the hits, and he was soon consumed in the energy emitted.

"Come on, Khan," Pritz teased, "you can do better than that."

Khan realized that Pritz didn't seem to notice that he took the hits on purpose just to see what they were like. When the smoke cleared, everything finally got through to Pritz as his opponent suddenly shot up in the air, punched him far into the gut, and then dragged him down to the earth. Khan thrust Pritz into the ground, kicked him a few times, and said: "Had enough?"

Pritz was motionless on the ground for a moment. Then groans could be heard from his face in the dirt. He finally picked his head up and looked at Khan. He had absolutely no energy left, so he let his head fall back down in the dirt.

"Guess that means 'yes'," Khan helped Pritz back up on his feet and, Ulydania flew over to them.

"Warned ya, hun," she said in a singsong voice to Pritz. He could only open one eye.

"Ah, shuttup," Pritz voice came out slurred and fast. He couldn't even walk without the help of his opponent, who was as hungry as ever now. Khan's stomach growled.

"I'll take him to recovery," Ulydania offered. She let Pritz lean on her shoulder and dragged the rest of him towards the stadium. She looked back and smiled. "You just get yourself somethin' to eat, Champ!"

"Will do!" Khan looked around for Mulan, but couldn't find her. She left me! I can't believe this! he thought and frantically searched the stands for his wife with no such luck of finding her.

"Mulan, I'm leaving!" he called, but no one answered.

"Maybe she's back at the room," he said and flew out of the stadium.

What Khan didn't know was that Mulan was about to have the most challenging fight in her life.

~~~~~

"We're here," Cold said. He had lured Mulan into a desert land--no trees, no grass, no inhabitants, and no one to hear you scream.

"Yay," Mulan said sarcastically, waving a little surrender flag in front of her. "Well," Cold grinned, "ready to begin?"

"Yeah, whatever," Mulan took a fighting stance while Cold strangely took off his armor, exposing his chest.

"Whoa!" Mulan exclaimed looking her opponent up and down. "What'd you do that for?"

"To give you a chance to actually hurt me, of course," Cold replied. "At least when you lose you'll know you never had a fighting chance against me."

"WHAT?!" Mulan left her fighter stature and crossed her arms. "First of all, YOU were the one who invited me to come fight you. Second of all, I don't have to fight you if I don't want to. So, THERE!" Mulan turned to leave the area, but Cold appeared in front of her and stopped her.

"I don't think it wise for you to do that, Mrs. Khan," he stated and slammed a hand down her shoulder, causing Mulan to stagger.

"What is your problem---"

"You WILL fight me!" Cold growled and shot her with a power blast. Mulan recovered quickly and went on the defensive, blocking energy blast after energy blast sent by Cold.

"You're crazy!" Mulan jumped into the air, avoiding the other blast and tried to leave a second time.

"Get back here!" the mighty king chased after the Jeweler. He caught up with her and snagged her leg. Then he thrust her toward the ground, and Mulan hit it with a bang.

"I'm going to kill you!" Mulan said with her face in the dirt.

"And just how are you going to do that with your face in the dirt?" Cold smirked. He lifted a foot and brought it down on Mulan's face, pushing her further into the ground.

"Get OFF!" Mulan powered up and shot out from under Cold's foot. She powered up in a display of light and transformed to her fourth transformation.

"Now you're ready to fight," Cold flew up in the air, staying just a few feet away from her.

"Yes," Mulan growled with a devilish smile on her face. Then she activated the guard to cover her mouth, and her voice got dark. "Time to die!"

King Cold and Mulan charged at each other with full force, only Cold knew the outcome...

Stay tuned for Part Two! Lata!