Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Kome ❯ Prologue: Taki and Trunks ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hi, this will be a fairly long story, and it's slight AU since Videl and Pan don't exist.

Disclaimer: I can't think of any funny ones at the moment, so just put your favorite in the following blank.

______________________________

Warning: Language, Yaoi, weirdness, ghosts.

And now the story!!!

Brought to you by this cute little plot bunny.

(") (")

( ^.^ )

Which I shall now turn into stew.

(") (")

(O.O)

Prologue

____________________________________________

Taki's POV- Issaquah Public Library- Saturday-3:46pm

____________________________________________

Taki's (1) eyes scanned the screen in front of her, looking for *anything* she could understand. Most of her search items came up in Japanese or romanji, something she had never had to learn in Issaquah.

"Damn it" She lifted her hand and brushed a strand of pristine white hair out of her eyes. She was upset with the fact that everyone else in the library kept giving her cautious looks. If only her so-called uncle would shut the fuck up……..

`You should *not* use language like that. It's really rude.' His voice was clear to her, but after several years, Taki knew nobody else could hear.

"Do you have any idea how much I would love to punch you out right know?" Her voice was venomous, but not exactly hateful. She had grown up with him mostly nothing more than a voice in her head, and had grown attached to her insanity`s voice. Only recently had she become obsessed with finding out who he was.

`Three problems with that sweetie, one, you can't see me at all, two, I'm pretty sure I could dodge it quite easily, three, do you think it would even tickle?'

Taki closed another window and continued looking for some clue as to who this `ghost' was. If he was really her great-uncle, she might find something about herself out. She was sick of switching parents every other week. She was hoping to find a *living* relative. For now, however, she had to put up with a deceased one. "Why don't you read this for me? You should understand this."

`You're the one whose looking this up.'

"You're too damn cocky for your own good, you know that?"

`You're gonna hafta blame *that* on my father, now *he* was "too damn cocky", but he had a reason to be, and so do I.'

"Well that prince thing never did turn anything up on the internet." She closed yet another window, and sighed.

`I "never did" say anything about a *human* prince, and that's not my reason, you don't have any resemblance of a bully problem any more, now do you?'

"No, but now I do have beating the crap out of boys for no apparent reason on my permanent record. I never even *touched* any of those guys. Why are ghosts even allowed to touch things in the first place?" What felt like the millionth window she'd seen in the past hour was closed with a sigh. "Don`t you stiffs have somewhere to go afterwards?"

`Yeah, but some of us just stay on. Guess you're stuck with me.'

Taki growled, a feral sounding noise. "Would please you quit being a little pain in the ass brat and give me a few more hints? I'll stay here all night if it takes that long to find out who the hell you *are*."

He smiled. She had sounded a great deal like her great-great-grandpa. `You know, you can't call me a little brat, you're only seventeen, I was nineteen when I died, and that was over five decades ago.'

She turned to look at where she had last heard the voice with a surprised stare, which soon turned into a haughty smirk. "Subtle" She turned back to the computer and limited her search to Briefs, West City, Japan, about seventy years ago(2).

Trunks pouted and would have stuck his tongue out at her if she would have even seen it. He was considering making the computer network crash when she jumped up and squealed in delight, causing more attention to be drawn to herself. She sat back down still smiling, and began to read the obituary before her out loud.

"`Briefs Trunks age 19, died Tuesday from a blow to the head. Memorial services will be held this Saturday at St. Peters at 2:30 pm. All relatives and friends are encouraged to attend.' There, you`re Trunks aren`t you?" She was already looking up everything she could find out about him.

`Oh, bring up my painful demise why don't you?'

"It says here that your death would have been too quick to be painful."

`Yeah, well whoever the hell wrote that wasn't the one who died, were they now?'

"No bu-"

"Excuse me?"

Taki looked up to see who had interrupted her. He was a boy, about her age, slightly taller, with hair that seemed to switch between black, brown and black depending on how you looked at it.

"Hi, I'm Kome (3), um is this seat taken by your friend?" He gestured to the empty seat next to her.

"Friend?"

"Well," He laughed nervously. "I didn't really think you're talking to yourself."

Taki smiled up at him, liking him instantly. "No, he doesn't really need a seat."

"Thanks, what're your names?" Kome asked taking a seat next to her.

"Taki, and Trunks is around here somewhere."

"Trunks?"

"Ye-" Taki stopped in mid answer when she heard her uncle gasp. " What?"

`It's him.'

"Trunks?"

`I-I g-gotta go.'

"Trunks?"

No answer.

"Did I offend him or something?" Kome asked, sounding genuinely worried.

"I'm not sure."

"Sorry"

"I don't think it was your fault, exactly."

_____________________________

Trunks' POV-Hovering above library

_____________________________

`What the fuck?'

[Weren't you just telling Taki not to use that kind of language?]

Trunks froze. He knew that voice. It had changed a little, but he still knew it `Oh Kami-sama..' He groaned.

[His successor actually. Been a while since we talked, huh, Trunks-kun?]

Trunks could feel the smile in Dende's voice.

`And here I was having a quiet afterlife. Fuck'

TBC…..

PLEASE R&R!!!! PLEASE??????!!!!!

1) Taki: Japanese for waterfall

2)about seventy years ago: for those of you who can't do the math very well, nineteen (his age at death) plus fifty (equivalent of five decades) equals sixty-nine. He said `over five decades' so it would be somewhere in the seventies. (Sorry, but some wouldn't take time to figure that out)

3)Kome: I can't tell this chapter because it would probably give part of the story away to those who hadn't guessed already.

If anyone wants to guess what Kome means, you're welcome to.