Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Life of Gohan ❯ LOG I ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Life of Gohan

By Silvertress

Disclaimer: I in no way shape or form own the idea, characters, or show, of dragon ball z. However if I did I would probably be rich and famous at the moment "sigh".

Authors note: I couldn't take it anymore the new episodes on cartoon network I mean. Ok here's the deal I'm a hard-core Gohan fan. Well let's just say up to now. What made him turn into such a weak dork? I am sorry no way am I going to let this happen in my mind. This fan fiction may be happening in an alternate time line or something. I'm still working it all out. So here we go.

Chichi tried to look up at her son but her tears were blinding her eyes.

"And, that's what happened mom." She looked up at her son who had just told her what had happened to his father Goku. Trying to block her what seemed endless amount of tears that were welding up in her body. Gohan (her son) stood there now as if he seemed to be frozen. He still wore his blue gi that he had worn in the fight versus the evil Android Cell. Even though it was torn beyond repair and permently stained with blood (she didn't even want to think who's)

Then suddenly she had realized she had been lost in thought. Gohan still stood there his head bowed with his coal black hair in his eyes.

" Gohan?" stammered Chichi. He raised his head. His normally cheerful face was now pink and swollen from tears. " Gohan, It'll be alright. You should go up and change out of that gi or you might catch cold." She said reassuringly. Gohan looked up into her face and forced a grin. He then turned around and went up stairs to his room.

*****

Gohan trudged up the stairs his legs felt as if they were to heavy for him to move them. He somehow made it to his bedroom. Then he just went and slumped down on his bed. His feet hung loosely from the edge; He was just in shock at that moment lost in his own thoughts. Dad how can it be? Why? It's all my fault!! I should've listened to you. But what can I do now? I don't know what to do… How can I? I'm only eleven years old? You said I was strong enough and the world didn't need you to protect…But… Dad!! I need you dad!! Dad!!

These words screamed in his head as the days events went by. Of course Cell was gone and the earth was safe for now. But what would happen the next time? " How can I even measure up to him?" He murmured out loud.

"Gohan do you have new clothes on yet? Dinner is almost ready." His mother called upstairs

Mom doesn't sound right. Her voice sounded really raspy like she has been crying. Mom, look what I did to us all. I'm sorry Mom. How can I ever forgive myself for my arrogance?

He went to his closet and picked out the last thing he wore before the Cell Games. He took off his stained gi (or whatever of it still remained). Then took and put on his black pants and white shirt. (The outfit was Japanese looking I don't know the name)

Time to face the world Gohan. He thought to himself as he clenched his hands into a fist and walked downstairs

*****

Chichi Stood just outside the kitchen gazing at the clear starry night sky. Oh Goku. How is life going to be without you? It's so unfair it's too nice out tonight. Now that your gone the sky should have rain-pouring down-It would match my mood better. But no, that's not you. You'd probably want the stars to shine even if you weren't with us. Goku how will we manage?

Just then Chichi saw her son come down the stairs. "You look much better" she said cheerfully

"Yeah I guess." He murmured.

*****

That's it I can't take it any more. I have to tell her it is my fault. Gohan thought this after a painfully silent dinner. Neither one of them seemed to know what to say. What was there left to Goku was gone and they would have to move on somehow. But the guilt Gohan thought he carried was like an anchor leaving him attached to the dock. It seemed to press on his chest making it hard for him to breath. How could he keep this with him? He had to tell her.

"Mom? I have something to talk to you about…" he looked up to her trying to keep the tears welding up in his eyes from coming.

"What is it?" She looked at him curiously.

" It's my fault Dad died. I got to confident. He told me to finish him off when I had the chance. But no, I didn't listen to him. I said he should pay more for all the people he hurt. But then Cell surprised me and tried to Blow himself up and the whole world. Dad ran in and teleported himself to King Ki's Planet. I think. But after he… (Gohan trails off. Tears freely rolling down his cheeks now) Then Cell came back. But, to the end dad was there telepathically rooting me on. The point is Mom," He looked down. His mother full of concern came over to him and put her arm around him. Once again he looked up to meet her worried gaze. " Momit' s my fault Dad died. It's all mine." He seemed to scream. The demi sayjin's face now pink and swollen from all the tears. "No it isn't!" Said a familiar voice telepathically in both their heads. "Goku/Dad?!?" Both Gohan and chichi stammered at the same time…

"Gohan, who could have known what would have happened if you did anything different. You can't blame yourself. What's done is done, any way I'm fine here." He said straight into their minds.

"Goku…" Chichi whispered under her breath.

"Thepoint is to not dwell in the past. Gohan, Chichi you both have your own futures ahead of you. Heal and move on. I'll see you again." Said a fading voice. Then it was gone.

Gohan stared out the window at the starry night. He is right, the sky is still above my head and time is still flowing. I will heal. He did have happiness in his voice…But can I get through this.

Well tomorrow's another day, what ever comes let it…I still have time on my side….

******

The End

Guess what it's the end of chapter one. There's still more to come, and more revisions to do. I know it's sappy but Gohan's gone through a major shock, so he has to be depressed a little. Hey that's life for you. It'll pick up in the next chapter

Please review…. Thanks