Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lone Wolf ❯ Chapter 6 - The Calm and the Training ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

I do not own DBZ or any of it characters

Thanks to Goleta for helping on this story

Lone Wolf

Chapter 6 - The Calm and the Training

Yamcha looked over at Cell, the man he was about to fight to decide the fate of the world. He thought back at what had happened over the last week and a half and smiled thinking about how if these were the last days of his life, he wouldn't go out any better.

Nine days before, Yamcha had just woken up and was walking on the Lookout as he felt Vegeta and Trunks walking into the Time Chamber. He saw and watched the happening of the earth that day. He saw exactly the same as in his vision of the future. Cell fighting 16 and losing only to absorb 17 and grow stronger. Cell almost absorbed 18 too and if not for Tien he would have done so. Tien gave everything to hold back the monster and in fact almost died doing so. That would be if it wasn't for Goku saving him and Piccolo. The next day, Vegeta and Trunks came out of the Time Chamber and Yamcha could clearly feel their new powers. They where really high and in fact higher than that of Cell at that point and the boy from the future was even a bit stronger than his father. Then he saw the battle between Vegeta and Cell take place, just like it had been in his vision, with Cell becoming complete. The next day Goku came out of the Time Chamber with Gohan. Yamcha felt Goku's great power. Then he felt Gohan's power, it was the highest out of everyone, it was even higher then Trunks' power level. That was also the day that Cell called for the Cell Games, the contest to decide the fate of the Earth. Piccolo went in to train and Yamcha was going to train the next day.

Yamcha was sitting in his room thinking about the future and what it would have in store for him. While he was sitting there, he saw Mai walking in and smiling at him.

"Hey what are you up to right now?" Mai said sitting next to Yamcha.

"Nothing but thinking," Yamcha said.

"Well, what are you thinking about?" Mai said looking carefully at Yamcha.

"Well, I've been wondering if we can change the future or this is the way thing should be. You see, when Trunks came back he told us of a future where almost everything was gone. Now we can stop the androids, but this time we have to worry about Cell. It's like the future boy was telling us that it can't be changed, that we're stuck to live on a planet that is doomed to perish," Yamcha said.

Mai frowned at Yamcha and said, "Well, you're wrong, we can change the future, we just have to believe we can. We must have hope that one of you can beat this monster and that from that moment a day of peace will come."

"I guess your right," Yamcha said sighing.

"No, I know I'm right, Yamcha, you just need to believe in yourself like I do and I know that there's nothing that will stop you," Mai said.

Yamcha moved closer to Mai kissing her and smiled

Mai looked at Yamcha a bit confused and said, "Well I'm glad I got through to you. Now you'd better get your sleep, I don't want you going into the Time Chamber all worn out."

"Yes, ma'am, I've got to tell you I'll miss you a lot when I'm gone," Yamcha said.

"I'll miss you too even if it's for such a shorter period of time," Mai said leaving Yamcha lone.

The next day Yamcha entered the chamber and began his training. Every day his pushed himself to his limits but after 4 months he was still unable to transform. Then one night he had a dream. He saw all of his friends die before him and then he saw Cell killing Mai, slowly as he watched helplessly. He then fell out of bed waking up and found out that he had transformed. He then knew how to transform into this new form and from that day forward he could. As the rest of the time past away he increased his abilities a lot and was ready for whatever Cell had to throw at him.

The rest of the 5 days before the Cell Games were the best day of his life. He spent all of this time with Mai just having fun. The day before the Cell Games he made her a promise, he would find a way to marry her no matter what happened at the games.

The next morning he woke up early and got ready without waking Mai because he didn't want to say her goodbye. He then flew off to the area for the Cell Games. On his way he found Tien and joined him. Once they got there, they saw the other warriors standing by the area and Cell in the ring waiting.

Cell, looked at him and said, "Well it looks like even the small fries have shown up for this, how interesting."

"Guys, I want the first shot at him, Goku, you can try second if you want," Yamcha said stepping into the ring.

Before he did a reporter walked up to him and said, "Well champ, the world is counting on you, we believe you can win this fight."

Yamcha smiled at him and said, "World, I know I will win this fight no matter the cost."

Yamcha then looked at Cell ready to fight.