Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Love At First Sight ❯ A Possible Change of Heart ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note pt. 1: Dang! You all are SO luck! Two stories updated in the same week? I must love ya'll or something, lol. I have been in such a good writing mood lately. I hope you will enjoy this chapter!
Love At First Sight - A Possible Change of Heart
Chi-Chi opened up her apartment door barely with an armful of groceries. She had to do something to get her mind off of the day's events, so what better way to lighten up her mood than cooking? First, she would take a nice, long bubble bath to calm her and then she would cook some lasagna. She set her grocery bag down on the kitchen counter, walked into her bathroom, and started running some water for her bath. It was times like this that she was thankful that she chose an apartment that had a Jacuzzi in it. As the tub got full, she sat at the edge and began running her fingers through the water. It was so soothing. As soon as she turned off her water, the phone rang. She sighed and ran to pick it up. After about six rings, she finally answered.
"Hello?" Chi-Chi spoke into the phone, only to be greeted by Bulma'a angry tone.
"Damn girl! Why did it take you so long to answer?"
"You know that I only have one phone in my apartment, and it's not cordless, so I gotta-"
"Blah, blah, blah." Bulma cut her off. "I know. You had to drag the phone with the extended cord all around the apartment to wherever you are. I swear, you need a new phone. That bootleg cord is always shorting out and it either hangs up on me or cuts off some of our conversation!"
Chi-Chi rolled her eyes. She happened to like her phone. Sure it was a pain to drag around, but she was to lazy to get another phone, so until the phone breaks into pieces,she would keep the same phone.
"Where are you anyway, Chi?"
"I'm in the bathroom. I was just about to get into the bathtub.
"Yuck. You don't talk to women when you're in the tub, Chi. That's reserved for guys only."
"Oh get off it! I wasn't expecting you to call!" Chi-Chi snapped.
"Woah! Somebody's got an attitude. Call me when you're in a better mood."
"No Bulma." Chi-Chi sighed. "I'm sorry. I just had a bad day."
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"Not really."
"Oh whatever, Chi. It's not good to keep feeling bottled up inside, especially if something is bothering you."
"I guess you're right. I could use a friend right now."
"Or two. Are you still dressed?"
"Yeah."
"Great. I'll be there to pick you up in five minutes. 18 is waiting for us."
"Where are we going?"
"There is this new restaurant on 42nd street called Sweet Kyoto's. I hear that's supposed to be really upscale."
"Upscale? But I'm not dressed for anything like that. I have on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt."
Bulma giggled through her cell phone." Well, I'm mobile, so I suggest that you find something nice to put on and fast because I'll be there in a minute."

Krillin yawned and tried to drown out the one-sided conversation that his girlfriend was having with him. They have been together for a year and they met through Goku's ex-fiancee' Candy. Maron worked as a fashion consultant at the local mall and it was all she ever talked about. Couldn't the woman find something else to talk about other than bad fashion and hot guys? He was trying hard to keep hope alive in their relationship by taking her out on her birthday to this nice new restaurant, but the hope was slowly fading. Just as she was about to start up a new conversation about stiletto heels, the waiter arrived. Thank Kami, Krillin thought. He didn't know how much more her could take.
"Good evening. Tonight's special is honey chicken with vegetable rice. So, what can I get for you Ma'am?"
"Ma'am?" Maron blinked twice then panicked. Did she really look that old? "Oh my KAMI! Krillie, he called me Ma'am? Do I look old enough to be a grandma? I'm only 25! Maybe I should get botox. Oh, this isn't good for my career!"
The waiter's eyes went wide with surprise as he listened to the panicked woman. Krillin just patted her thigh and tried to explain. " No honey. He was just being polite. He wasn't trying to say that you were old."
The waiter nodded in agreement.
Maron sniffed. "So...you still think I'm sniff beautiful, Krillie?"
Krillin shook his head. He didn't have time to baby her. He had to go through this at least three times a day with her and he wanted to get through this night so badly without an episode. So, he did what any male would do. Avoid it.
"Let's discuss this later. Why don't you tell the waiter what you want to order."
"Ok!" She said bubbly. "I'll have a house salad and a diet coke."
"And for dinner ma- ah, excuse me, Miss?" The waiter quickly corrected himself. He couldn't stand a whiney female. That's why he only dealt with men.
"That is my dinner."
Krillin ignored the waiter's curious glare and ordered the special for himself. He tried to keep his composure. He brought her to this nice new fancy restaurant for them to try out new things, and she was just brushing it off. In this restaurant, you had to make reservations at least a month in advance, so this was a big deal. When the waiter left, Krillin scooted close to Maron.
"Why didn't you order any of the entree's Honey?" He was forcing his sweetness.
"Oh Krillin, you know that I'm on a diet. I swear you never pay attention to me at all. We could have just went to McDonalds."
"Krillin's jaw dropped. And about this diet, she was like a size 4. Who in the hell diets at a size 4?!
"But I am glad that we came."
Krillin perked up. "Really?"
"Yeah. There are so many fashion disasters here. I'm going to go to each table and leave my card. And the waiter is So hot. I think I'll give him my card, too!"
Krillin sweat dropped and lightly banged his head against the table. This woman was out of her mind.
He felt an air brush by him and thinking that it was the waiter, sat up and looked in that direction. It wasn't the waiter, but three women who were being seated at the bar, which wasn't too far from their tab;e. For a second, Krillin outright stared. These were the same women from the bachelor's party. The one Goku was head over heels for, the one who own Capsule Corp, and the beautiful blonde with the icy blue eyes that took his breath away. He swallowed hard, thinking about that night. She was so sexy and she seemed so in to him.
'Oh wake up Krillin! That's the way they were suppose to act. This is how Goku got in trouble. She would never be into you...oh shit!'
Krillin shot his eyes back to Maron. Although he was loosing interest in the disastrous date, it was still a date, and he intended to make the best of it.

Bulma, Chi-Chi, and 18 sat at the bar looking over the drink menu. The all decided on something light, seeing that Bulma and 18 were driving. The waiter placed the drinks in front of them and walked away to serve the other guests.
"Wow, this is a nice place." Chi-Chi said, noting all of the Japanese design and intimate lighting in the restaurant.
"We almost forfeited our reservation and would have if you two were any more late." 18 said, taking a sip.
"Oh hush." Bulma said brushing 18 off. "We are three beautiful women. We could walk in here anytime with or without a reservation."
The women giggled. Everyone but Chi-Chi.
"I'm going to the ladies room. I'll be right back." Bulma said and walked away.
'What's wrong with you, Chi-Chi?"
Chi-Chi sighed. "Today has been a weird day. Do you remember the guy from the bachelor party at Crazy Heavens?" She continued when 18 nodded. "Well, he came up to my job today."
18 was shocked. "Are you serious?"
"Yes! Girl, I was so scared. I mean, how in the hell did know where I worked?"
18 shrugged her shoulders. "Beats me. What happened?"
"Well, he told me who he was and that he didn't get married because of me."
"Wow. Damn, Chi. What are you doing to these guys out here? Getting them all mesmerized over you."
Chi-Chi and 18 laughed. "Stop it, 18. That guy just had issues."
They were laughing even harder when Bulma sat back down.
"What's so funny? What are we talking about?"
"Bulma, you're not going to believe this. One of the guys from the bachelor's party came up to her job today.' 18 said.
"I know," Bulma smiled and took a sip of her apple martini.
"How do you know? Chi-Chi asked curiously. "I didn't tell you earlier while we were on the phone."
"His name is Goku, right?"
"Yes. Yes it is."
"Right.
He came to Capsule Corp. for a business meeting and somehow you came up in the conversation and he told me that you were his soulmate. Then he asked me how he could find you and I told him."
"You told him where I worked?! Are you crazy! This guy could have been a serial killer. Chi-Chi said angrily at her best friend.
"No. This guy seemed genuinely interested in you."
"But he was getting married."
"Was is the key word Chi. This dude canceled his wedding for you. That should tell you something."
"Yeah, that he's crazy!"
18 interrupted. "So what did you say when he asked you out?"
"Well, of course I said no."
"Why in the hell did you do that for? You don't think that he is attractive?"
Chi-Chi took a moment to think. Goku was an extremely handsome man, especially when her was smiling. "Yeah, he's kinda cute."
"And he owns his own company, he's rich and he's interested in you. So why would you give that up?"
"Because he was getting married to another woman before I got all up in his face, shaking my ass!" Chi-Chi buried her face in her hands. "I knew that this would come back to haunt me. Why did I have to dance that night?"
"You did it as a favor to me and I really appreciated it." 18 said, rubbing Chi-Chi's shoulder. "I agree with Bulma though."
"Oh no. Not you too!"
"I think that you should at least give him a chance."
"But-"
"Girl shut up. You sound like a broken record. Now, we all know that you are like the perfect teacher and model citizen, but you are 25 and you need to start living a little."
Chi-Chi sat silently, taking all of this in. She was everything that 18 said she was and there was nothing wrong with that, but she did miss the company of a man. It has been so long since she dated. Although this wouldn't be her ideal way to break her non-dated streak, it was still something. She felt bad for being mean to him earlier.
"I would say OK, but it's not that easy. I was pretty mean to him earlier and I know that he won't come back."
"You can still do it." Bulma said. "I have his work address. You can visit him there and tell him that you will accept his offer."
"What?! I can't go to his job unannounced."
"Why not?" 18 shrugged her shoulders as she looked around the restaurant. "That's what he did to you."
"Well, I guess you're right."
"Of course we are, Chi." Bulma smiled. "I'm going up there in a few days to install a gravity chamber. You should come too."
"Ok, I will. But if he throws this back in my face then..."
"Then you'll deserve it because you were mean to him." Bulma interrupted and laughed. She also noticed 18 staring at something. "18, what are you looking at?"
18 didn't really hear Bulma because she had her eyes on a prize of her own. Who would have thought the guy she was diggin' at the bachelor's party would be in the same building as her tonight. Too bad he was with a date though. She was only staring because she caught him staring at her first. She noticed his date getting up to go towards the bathroom. What a golden opportunity.
"Girls, I'll be right back."

Krillin sat quietly and ate his food. This was the best part of his date so far. He looked over to take a quick glance at the beautiful blonde, but she wasn't there. He frowned and wondered where she could have gone as he took a quick sip if wine. He was still looking in that direction when he heard his date rejoin him at his table. He turned his attention to her and almost spit out his wine. Well, at least now he knew where the beautiful blonde was.
"Did I catch you at a bad time?" 18 said, noticing him gag a little.
Krillin swallowed the wine hard and tried to gain his composure. "No, I was just expecting someone else."
"Oh yeah." 18 said, looking towards the lobby. "She seems to be having an interesting conversation."
Krillin rolled his eyes.
"If I was her, I wouldn't let you out of my sight."
Krillin raised an eyebrow. "Why?"
"Because, you are incredibly sexy."
"I don't get hit on at all."
"That's not true."
"How so?"
"I'm hitting on you right now. Can't you tell? I mean how often would a complete stranger come and sit at your table and started a conversation?"
Krillin's mouth formed an "O" and he tried not to blush.
18 laughed. "You're blushing."
Damn. So much for trying.
"Well, as you know, I am on a date right now."
" Of course, but you don't seem to be enjoying yourself. If I were your date, I would stay with you and we would have a good time." 18 reached in her purse, grabbed a pen, and wrote her number on Krillin's napkin. "Actually, we are not complete strangers. I have been thinking about you since your friend's bachelor party at my bar. If you want a better date, call me. Anytime. If not, It was nice seeing you again and good luck with everything." With that, 18 gave a sexy glare and walked away with a feminine sway in her hips.
Krillin let out a long awaited sigh when she left. That woman was breathtaking, and she was interested in him. And she had the guts to hit on him while he was on a date. But as much as he hated to admit it, this was the highlight of his date. He folded up her number quickly as Maron walked towards their table. He was definitely going to use that number.

18 walked back to the girls with a look of confidence on her face.
"What were you doing?" Bulma said smiling. "Wasn't that guy on a date?"
"Yeah, but I decided to crash it. He's going to call me."
The two women exchanged a low high five. "You're bad. Did he say that he was going to call?"
"No, but he's bored as shit on his date."
Chi-Chi shook her head. "He not going to call."
"I'll bet you twenty dollars that he's going to call."
"HA! I'll bet you fifty! That woman could be his wife.
"Or not, especially when he's been staring at me all night. But since you are So eager to loose your money, I'll accept that bet."
Chi-Chi and 18 shook hands and Bulma laughed, becoming a little tipsy. Chi-Chi would definitely have to drive home.
"I love hanging with you girls."

A few days later, as promised by Bulma, Chi-Chi was on her way to face this guy Goku. She was nervous and she was going over what she was going to say to him. She decided to go for a casual look for today, since it was Saturday. She was wearing blue jeans and a white button down shirt with the first three button undone to make it look appealing. He hair was hanging down in waves and she had on natural make up. She looked over at Bulma, who was wearing a white sports bra, overalls, and had her hair in a ponytail. As they pulled into the Orange Star Dojo, Bulma turned off the car and smiled at Chi-Chi.
"Ready?"
"It's not that serious, Bulma."
"Well, you look nervous."
"Whatever! I'm just ready to get this over with."
The women got out of the car and walked into the center. It was a very nice looking and spacy dojo. There was a desk with a glass wall that separated them from the classes in session. Bulma and Chi-Chi walked up to desk where a woman was sitting.
"Hi. Welcome to Orange Star Dojo. How may I help you?" The cheery lady said. She looked to be about 50 and could double for a Mrs. Clause look-alike.
"Yes, I'm Bulma Briefs."
"Oh yes. Mr. Vegeta was expecting you. All of your supplies were delivered last night and I'll take you to them."
"Excellent, but before we go, is it possible that you could get Goku?"
"Is this regarding a business matter?"
Bulma nudged Chi-Chi. This was her guy and she'd be damned if she did all the work for her.
Chi-Chi eyed Bulma, then turned back to the lady. "Um...no. I just need to speak with him."
"He's teaching a class right now, but I'll page him." She smiled as she spoke through the intercom. "Goku, you have a visitor waiting to see you in the lobby."
"Thanks." Chi-Chi said.
"No problem. You can follow me Miss Briefs."
Bulma gave a wide grin and a wave to Chi-Chi, leaving her alone to wait. After about five minutes of waiting, she took a seat next to the desk. Her head was beginning to hurt, so she buried her head in her lap. She was starting to wonder if this was a mistake.
Goku walked through the glass doors and threw a towel over his sweaty bare shoulders. He decided not to change out of his training pants seeing that he was going to start another class in about ten minutes. He looked around and saw a spray of hair.
"Hello. Were you here to see me?"
Chi-Chi's head shot up and she stood. She did get to look at his face first though. Damn! This man had a very, very nice muscular chest. When she did look up at his face, she was greeted with a confused face.
"Hi. I'm sorry to come by unannounced."
"Oh no, It's cool. What brings you here?" Goku said smiling.
"Do you have a class right now?"
"I have a few minutes."
"Oh ok. Well I wanted to apologize for the way I acted the other day. It was just that you caught you me off guard.."
Goku laughed. "Yeah, I know. I may have come off strong on you and I didn't mean to upset you." He was so shocked that she came to see him. This was definitely a pleasant surprise.
"So, is it too late to take you up on that date?"
"Of course it's not too late." Goku smiled.
"Good. I'll go on the date, but one condition."
"Anything."
"It has to be a double date."
"Alright, but who are you bringing?"
"I'll let you know that later."
"A double date, huh? That should be fun." Goku said as he looked up at the wall clock. "It's time for my next class. You can come and watch if you want."
"Sure, why not." Chi-Chi said as she followed him inside of the dojo. Goku seemed really nice and she was looking forward to their date. She knew that she was going to ask Bulma to double with her, but how would she react, especially to it being a blind date? Thankfully Bulma would be tied up for at least an hour, so she had time to rehearse a script.

18 was sitting on her couch flipping through channels at 3:30 a.m. She had just got home from a busy night at her bar, and she was glad that it was over. Although she loved her bar, the occupants could be complete assholes sometimes. She got up to put in a DVD when her phone rang. Who in the hell would be calling at 3:30 a.m.
"Hello?" 18 said.
"Hi." said a very nervous male voice.
"Who would you like to speak to?"
"Well, you gave me your number the other night at Sweet Kyoto's."
"Oh yeah. The short, sexy guy. How are you?"
Krillin laughed nervously. "I'll be better once you tell me your name. You didn't write it down with your number."
"My name is 18. And yours?"
"Krillin."
"So...what made you call me so late?"
"Well you did say that I could call you anytime, right? And I couldn't sleep, so I called."
"I see. So, how did the rest of your day go?"
"Terrible. We left not too long after you."
"Terrible, huh? So, who was your date?"
"My girlfriend...well ex-girlfriend."
"Ex? Since when?"
"Since that night. We have been having problems for a while and I wanted to get out of that dead end relationship."
"Oh. How long have you been having problems?"
"About six months."
"And how long have you two been together?"
"A year."
"Damn. So it was half good and half bad."
Krillin laughed loudly.
"Well it would be all good if you had a good woman."
"Oh really? Like who?"
"Like me." 18 said in a low sexy voice.
"Damn, you're straight forward, huh?"
'It's the only way to be and besides, I know what I want and when I want something, I stop at nothing to get it. I know how to treat a good man and I want to show you how it is to be with a real woman."
"Wow. I don't know what to say. I am flattered. I am very attracted to you and I am looking forward to getting to know you better."
"I feel the same."
"Great, so when would you like to go out?
"What about tomorrow?"
"That would be fine."
18 and Krillin finished up their conversation and when it was over, 18 fluffed the pillows on her couch and smiled.
She had accomplished two good things in one day. She got her man and she won her bet.
Author's Note Pt.2: 18 is bold, isn't she? And Goku is finally going to get his date. So, what will happen in the next chapter? Keep reading to find out!
Until next time....
Ja!