Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Love Is Blind ❯ I've Sworn Off Guys ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-DBZ is not mine

I've Sworn Off Guys

Marron swung her walking stick out in front of her. She hated going though life as if her eyes were glued shut. Blindness is not a fun thing

Her walking stick tapped onto her school locker. She knew it was hers because it was off in its own section, and she'd been taught where to go to get to her locker.

She pressed her fingers on the keypad, having astoundingly good aim, and opened her locker. Her books for the first 4 period were on the top shelf. She felt with her hands to get to the top shelf and pulled out her books.

"Hey, baby," a guy said.

Marron swung out her walking stick and hit the guy in the shin. He hopped away, holding his leg.

"I've sworn off guys," Marron said.

It was a guy who'd done this to her. It hadn't been her fault…he'd jumped her. And when she wouldn't respond to his sick little games, he rammed the handle of a dagger into her eyes.

Leaving her unharmed, other than her new blindness.

Two weak but familiar chi started walking towards her. Marron smiled and turned to greet her friends Juanita and Hilde. After coming to terms with her condition, she had asked her father to teach her how to read chi signatures. She was amazingly good at it.

"Hi, Hilde, Juanita," she said.

"Hey, Marron," Hilde said.

"What's up?" Juanita added.

Marron shrugged. "Nothing. Some guy tried to hit on me. Whacked him with the stick."

Hilde and Juanita laughed.

"Marron, my dad told me that you can cure blindness with a special operation," Juanita said.

"We looked into that. It ain't gonna happen."

"Oh, come on!" Juanita whined. "Where there's a will, there's a way."

"Correction. Where there's a will and a hell of a lot of money, there's a way."

"Marron…"

"I live on an island in the middle of the Pacific which my father's martial arts teacher, my parents, and a pig. We can't pay for it."

The bell rang.

"I gotta get to CW and S," Marron said. (A/N: As in Creative Writing and Speech) "See ya."

She walked away, tapping the ground every so often with her walking stick.

Goten sat on his desk, his elbow propping up his chin. Anger flashed through his normally happy black eyes as he watched Paris flirt with yet another football star.

'On a break,' she said. What she meant was 'Goten, you sit around and pine for me while I go get laid by every stud in this school'.

To prevent an uncharacteristic surge of Saiyan rage, Goten started flipping through his books. He'd taken Creative Writing and Speech because of Paris. And anyway, regular English was just too boring!

"Hi, Goten."

Goten looked up to see Marron standing over him, having followed his rising chi.

"You angry?" she said, feeling her way into a seat.

"Paris and I are on a quote-unquote break," he said angrily.

Marron frowned. She remembered Paris from before her blindness, and she hated her. Paris reminded her of her namesake, Krillin's ex-girlfriend, a slut and a female player. "I guess neither of us are lucky in love, eh?" she said.

"Yeah, I guess," Goten said, as their teacher walked into the room and began to call role.

Well, my first attempt at my fave couple. Review, please?