Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Majin Leeli's Story ❯ Beautiful Goodbye ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

chapter1 part b

Beautiful Goodbye

Leeli coughed, splattering blood on the rock shards she was kneeling on. Her instincts were the only thing that saved her as she pushed off the rocks and fell backwards at the same moment a large fist created an impact crater where she had been. Leeli looked up just in time to see the tall, muscular, blue-skinned monster straighten and target her again.

"Fuck," Leeli cursed, crab-walking backwards on the shards of rock. The monster raised his arm and created a glowing ball of energy.

"Prepare to die little one," the monster laughed and Leeli bit her lip pondering what a fucked up way to die this was. "Ugh," the monster grunted, stumbling to the side as the ball of energy faded. Leeli managed to jump to her feet and took to the air.

Caught off balance for a second by Goten's Kamehameha Trunks moved in leveling a kick to the monster's side. Unfortunately the monster recovered too quickly and caught Trunks' leg, spinning him around and tossing him into the side of the crumbling mountain. "Dammint," Trunks mumbled as he lapsed into unconsciousness.

"Kull," Goten growled the monster's name in anger as his eyes darted from Leeli hanging in the air, struggling to breathe, to Trunks imbedded and unconscious in the mountain wall. His brother and Piccolo were somewhere out of sight, taking a breather to recover some of their strength, while Yamcha flew to Korin's Tower to find some senzu beans. Goten felt his eye twitch and pressed his hand to his temple slick with blood. Both he and Trunks were too exhausted too hold the transformation to super saiya-jin and Leeli had gone through one too many mountains. Still, Goten gritted his teeth as the terrifying apparition turned to him smirking, they couldn't give up. The fate of earth depended on them.

"Come on little boy," Kull taunted, "let's see if you can be the man your brother was not."

Goten felt a foreign feeling well up inside him: anger; absolute rage. With a scream he would have never recognized as his own Goten charged the creature.

"No!" Leeli yelled in terror from her vantage in the sky as Goten reached Kull.

Goten's fist skimmed the air where Kull had been moments before. His eyes widened, as he realized the creature was now behind him. A powerful, double-fisted, blow on his back confirmed the fact. As he felt his body become one with the ground he heard Trunks yelling for him to run away. Goten's eyes narrowed. He refused to run, even if there was no chance he couldn't run. His father wouldn't run. His brother would be back to fight as soon as he got a senzu, he wouldn't run. Even his mother wouldn't have run.

Goten rolled to the side and Kull's foot came down. With the fast reflexes only intensive training could create Goten jumped to his feet and landed a solid punch on Kull's chin. The monstrous man winced backwards slightly, but was otherwise unfazed… and he laughed.

Goten snarled, charging at Kull again, throwing punch after punch in pure anger. Kull laughed harder, easily blocking Goten's every attempt, taking a playful step back to dodge the kick Goten aimed at his head. "Is that all you have, child?" Kull smirked. "And here I heard earth had the most powerful protectors. I was going to simply conquer this planet, but considering how weak the warriors seem maybe I'll simply destroy it."

"No!" Goten yelled his anger reaching a new level of fury. The world went gold as Goten felt his strength return with the transformation to super saiya-jin. He leapt at Kull swinging wildly with strikes Kull easily blocked. He kicked high again, aiming for Kull's chin. The monster let him connect to show how futile it was.

Wham.

Kull stumbled backwards and wiped the back of his hand across his mouth. Blood. Goten was on him in seconds. His fists pounding a deep indent into Kull's chest as the monstrous blue-skinned man fell onto his knees. Goten raised his right fist and let out a ferocious roar and aimed it for Kull's head.

Flesh slapped against flesh as Kull caught the powerful punch. Goten's eyes widened in terror and he kicked out in desperation. Kull easily deflected the kick, backhanding the leg back to the ground as he stood back up, still clutching Goten's fist. "Getting better," Kull smirked, "but hardly good enough." With that he flung Goten against a rockwall.

Blood sprayed into the air and Goten felt the golden transformation fade along with his consciousness. He slumped into a heap on the ground, easy prey for the advancing Kull. "Good night child," the blue-skinned monstrosity said, raising a foot to finish off the unaware man.

"No!"

Kull stumbled forward slightly before looking up at the girl who had thrown the energy ball at his back. The strike hadn't been powerful, but it had been unexpected. "Decided to come back to the battle, little one?" Kull called in a mocking tone to the panting green-haired girl. "Trying to save your little boyfriend?"

A hard kick to the back came unexpectedly, knocking Kull in the opposite direction of Goten's prone form. Behind him Trunks grabbed Goten and jumped in the air, knowing it was not a good defense, but there was more room to maneuver in the sky.

"Is he alive?" Leeli asked in a panicked voice, reaching out to touch Goten's face.

"Yeah," Trunks nodded, a pained look on his face. "Fuck, gimme a hand, he's heavy."

Kull leaped into the air after his errant opponents.

"Not good, not good, not good," Trunks yelled, his eyes widening as Leeli grabbed Goten's other arm to help stabilize him. Leeli looked down at the blue-skinned man charging them in the air. "Oh fuck!" she screamed, looking at Trunks. "What the fuck are we going to do Trunks?!"

"I don't know," Trunks growled, looking into the face on impending doom, "maybe RUN!"

Leeli flew to the right and Trunks jerked the other direction, loosing his grip on Goten's arm. Kull plowed though the space between them and kicked out at Trunks.

"Shit!" Leeli shrieked, unable to carry all of Goten's weight in her current state. It felt as if her shoulder was being wretched out of its socket. Frantically she tried to grab Goten with her other hand to stabilize him, but it was too late and the ground was quickly approaching.

"Leeli, help!" Trunks yelled from somewhere above, but she couldn't even slow herself to see what was happening. Suddenly she felt an arm wrap around her waist, harshly jerking her to a stop. A small sound escaped her lips as her grip on Goten nearly broke. A green hand covered hers to keep a hold on the still unconscious boy.

"Dad!" Leeli said in surprise as she looked up at the namekian holding tightly to her, but he was looking somewhere above them. Leeli followed his gaze and nearly choked at the sight of Trunks struggling, with Kull's hand around his throat. "Dad!" she yelled again, not exactly sure what she expected her father to do, but something.

The world went white for a moment as a large flare of energy exploded against Kull's back. Trunks fell, clutching his throat, into the waiting arms of Yamcha. Kull let out an angry roar as he turned to find the impertinent creature that dared to defy him.

Gohan stood in the air, fully transformed to super saiya-jin, his hands clenched into fists, his brow's creased in fury, and his mouth set in an uncharacteristic frown. "Kull," he screamed, his golden aura flaring, a visible sign of his anger.

"Back again are we?" Kull said with a smile as he looked at Gohan. "Well, you have been the only one to give me any measure of a challenge. Sure your brother did for a mere moment, but look at him now," he said, tipping his head down to where Leeli and Piccolo held the unconscious beaten Goten.

The aura around Gohan flared brightly. "Yamcha, get them out of here," he yelled, his eyes narrowing as he charged the vile apparition that was Kull. The two blurred out of existence only to reappear half a mile away, kicking and punching at each other until their forms blurred again making it impossible for even the trained eye to follow.

"Damn, they're moving fast," Leeli said, as she stopped trying to follow the action and looked down at Yamcha who was holding Trunks shoulders to make sure he was steady enough to fly. Trunks nodded at him and began floating away from the older man.

"Yamcha, get over here," Piccolo ordered. The older man jumped, then cautiously floated over toward the frightening green man. "Take Goten," the devil incarnate said, twisting Leeli's hand, forcing her to release Goten as Yamcha floated under them.

Leeli let out a loud squeak her eyes widening as Goten nearly fell past Yamcha. Fortunately he was able to catch Goten by the leg and throw the unaware half-saiya-jin over his shoulder. "Didn't play ball for years for nothing I guess," he laughed, throwing a hand behind his head, then cowering and flying toward the Lookout under Piccolo's cold glare. Trunks trailed behind, unable to fly as fast as the relatively unabused Yamcha.

"Can you fly by yourself?" Piccolo's gruff voice asked.

"Yeah," Leeli nodded, flipping her hair back. She needed to get her bangs cut, the dried blood was causing them to hang in her eyes.

Piccolo released her carefully, making sure she could at least float in the air before flying a short measure away. "Get to the Lookout. Now," he ordered, then turned his head jerking erratically from side to side and it took Leeli a moment to realize he was watching the battle between Gohan and Kull.

"Dad, I can't just leave you here," Leeli said in desperation, realizing her father meant to join the fight. "He's a monster. He'll beat you up more," she said, grabbing her father's arm.

"Leeli, I said GO!" Picolo yelled, wrenching his arm away and diving toward the blurred forms of Kull and Gohan. Leeli gulped. She could count on one hand the number of times her father had yelled at her. This was number one.

"Leeli, come on," Trunks yelled, waving for her to follow.

Leeli bit her lip. She didn't want to leave her father and Gohan her alone against the monster, but she knew she couldn't be much help in her current state. Their only hope was for her, Trunks, and Goten to rest up and return to the battle. "Fuck Goku and Vegeta for blowing each other up," she growled, her eyes almost tearing up as she turned away from her father's back and flew toward the Lookout. "We need their help now."

When she caught up with Trunks the tears were visible in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Trunks asked, then rolled his eyes. "I mean besides the obvious facts of Goten being beaten up, leaving your father possibly to his death, and the world about to be destroyed." He was silent for a moment. "Now I want to cry."

Leeli glared. "Thanks Trunks. I needed that," she replied sardonically.

"Maybe Dende will have an idea," Trunks shrugged. "Is all we can do is hope now."

Leeli looked at him for a moment. "Did you just make an adult statement?" she asked. "The world is coming to an end."

"I have senzu for you two when we reach the Lookout," Yamcha yelled from in front of them as he began arching upward in the sky toward the afore mentioned Lookout. It took Leeli and Trunks a moment to follow him, the thin air, which usually was no problem, made it difficult to breath and by the time they made it to the platform they collapsed on the ground panting for breath.

Trunks rolled to his knees and looked a Yamcha who was kneeling over Goten and force-feeding him a senzu. "Yamcha," he said, falling back into a sitting position. "Do me a favor. Fly to Master Roshi's island and make sure Leela got Marron there safely."

Yamcha looked up as Leeli crawled over and took Goten from him. "Sure," he said, giving Trunks a sad, understanding look. "Here," he tossed a senzu at Trunks. "Sorry, Korin only had four and I gave one to Piccolo, Gohan, and now Goten."

"That's fine," Leeli smiled weekly, stroking Goten's sweaty and bloody hair away from his face as Yamcha leapt off the Lookout to check on Marron. "Trunks you can have it. I heal quickly."

"You're not exactly in the best of shape Leeli," Trunks said, cocking an eyebrow. "We can split it?"

"Nah," Leeli shook her head, not looking away from Goten who was rocking and mumbling, trying to regain consciousness. "As much as I hate to admit it, you're stronger than me. So you'll be a better help in the fight. You need it."

"But…"

"Trunks! Just take the damned senzu!" Leeli screamed, looking at Trunks with eyes that could kill. Silence fell and Leeli looked away. "Sorry. But really, just take it. You need to protect Marron. She's pregnant with your kid after all."

"Yeah," Trunks said quietly, chewing on the senzu.

"… Kull…" Goten groaned incoherently, struggling violently against Leeli's slight hold.

"Is he coming out of it?" Trunks asked, crawling over and leaning over Goten. "Hey, you okay Goten?"

"Kull!" Goten yelled, striking out at the first person he saw.

Trunks skidded backwards, stopping just short of the Lookout's edge. "Fuck!" he yelled, grabbing his jaw and propping himself up on his elbow. "A simple 'no' would have sufficed."

"It's all worth it just for that," Leeli mumbled to herself with a smirk as she hugged the discombobulated Goten's shoulders. "It's okay Goten. We're on the Lookout. Gohan and my Dad are fighting Kull right now while we rest. Yamcha gave you a senzu so you'll feel good as new soon."

"Leeli?" Goten said confused as he looked at his wife. "It is you," he smiled, wrapping his arms around her. "I'm glad you're okay."

"I'm glad I'm okay too," Leeli agreed hugging him back, "but I'm even gladder you're okay."

"Isn't anyone glad I'm okay?" Trunks asked from the edge of the Lookout.

"You haven't been okay since you were born," Leeli replied, sticking her tongue out.

"You make Trunksie sad," Trunks smirked.

"I'm glad you're all okay," Dende said, emerging from the temple and smiling sadly at them all. "Though I do not know for how much longer that will be." He looked sadly at the ground. "I'm sorry. I should have protected earth better, but I did not know how."

"Don't blame yourself, Dende," Mr. Popo said, walking up beside Dende. "There was nothing you could have done."

"Maybe. But if I'd been wiser…" Dende angsted.

"No one blames you Dende," Leeli said as Goten let her go.

"Yeah, D-man," Trunks smiled. "The only person to blame is that asshole Kull."

"They're right," Goten agreed, attempting to stand up, but settling for sitting.

Dende looked up and gave them a sad, thankful smile. "I appreciate your words, my friends," he replied, "but until Kull is defeated I can take no comfort from them."

"Aw, just take comfort now. I mean, if we defeat him you'll feel better and if we don't we'll all be dead and it won't matter," Trunks laughed and then looked away, "wait, that ain't funny."

"TRUNKS!" Goten and Leeli yelled in unison.

"He brings up a good point," Dende said, forcing Leeli and Goten to avert their murderous glares and look at the earth's Kami. "Perhaps I will take comfort now."

"Good idea," Goten said as Leeli glared at Trunks who just shrugged.

Leeli turned back to looking at Dende. "I'm surprised you were in the temple Dende," she said, "was our performance against Kull that embarrassing?" Goten winced.

Dende shook his head. "No, your attempts were valiant. I simply noticed some portals that opened recently and wished to make sure they were not of Kull's making."

"What kind of portals?" Goten asked, finally managing to stand.

"Dimensional portals."

"Like, to other dimensions?" Leeli asked, her ears perking.

"Yes."

"Dimensions like ours?" Leeli asked, grabbing Goten's leg and pulling herself to her feet.

Dende nodded.

"Can we go through the portals?" Leeli asked, stumbling forward and grabbing on to Dende.

"Of course," Dende nodded.

"What are you thinking about Leeli?" Goten asked.

"What if someone went thought the portal and found someone like Goku or Vegeta or even more of us," she said excitedly. "We could bring them back here and kick Kull's ass and save the world."

"Why didn't I think of that," Dende exclaimed. "It could be dangerous though. I do not know if the portal is stable."

"I'll go," Goten volunteered. "Where's the portal?"

"Inside the temp…" Dende began, but was cut off as Leeli stepped between him and Goten.

"No way Goten!" Leeli said, poking him in the chest. "You're not going anywhere. I'm going. You and Trunks have to stay here and hold off the freak."

"Leeli!" Goten disagreed, grabbing her shoulders. "It's too dangerous."

"It's no more dangerous than staying here," Leeli said, shrugging off Goten's hands and placing her own on his shoulders. "Goten, it makes more sense for me to go. If there are problems I can fight them off. I'm not as hurt as you and Trunks, nor am I a weakling. Besides that you and Trunks had senzu beans. It'll be better if you stay here and fight until I get back." Goten opened his mouth to argue. "Goten, you know I'm right."

"Just because it makes sense doesn't mean you're right," Goten said softly, pulling her in for a hug. "I don't want you to go."

"And I don't want you to have to go back and fight Kull, but we do what we have to," Leeli replied, wrapping her arms around Goten's waist. "I'll make you a deal. When I come back and Kull is all taken care of you can make peach cobbler and we'll all eat it."

"How is that a deal for me?" Goten asked as Leeli leaned away from him.

"Well, it's not," she shrugged, looking away, then looking back with a smile, "but I want cobbler."

"I like cobbler."

Leeli and Goten glared at Trunks.

"Sorry, looked like your moment was over," he shrugged, turning to talk to Mr. Popo.

Leeli turned, Goten holding tightly to her hand, and looked at Dende. "Show us the portal." The four followed Dende into the temple, though several winds and turns of the corridor, that by all the laws of space and time shouldn't have been there, until they reached a bright glowing white disk.

Leeli bit her lip and took a deep breath. "If I stop at a grocery store in the other dimension anyone need anything?" she asked with a smile.

"Oh! Coffee!" Trunks yelled.

"I need peaches for your cobbler," Goten said, attempting to smile, but only grasping her hand tighter.

"Coffee and peaches it is," she smiled, then looked pointedly at the hand Goten was crushing. "Dear, I'm going to need that hand." After about a minute Goten finally released her hand. She smiled softly, stroking his cheek. "I'll be back as soon as I can," she whispered, kissing him lightly on the cheek. "It'll be okay."

"I know," Goten said, his voice hoarse. "I just wish I'd been strong enough so you didn't have to go," he averted his eyes from hers, "like my father or even Gohan."

"No one expects you to be your father or your brother," she kissed his forehead, "just be you."

Goten looked up and, for the first time in a long while actually smile. "I love you," he said quietly.

Leeli pressed her forehead against his. "I love you too."

Sporadically Goten grabbed Leeli around the waist, pulled her close, and kissed her. Trunks raised an eyebrow, for the chastest couple he'd ever met it was a pretty passionate kiss. "Go Goten!"

Leeli blinked as she broke the unexpected kiss. "Alright," she said, fanning herself, "I'll come back already." She winked at Goten who was slightly flushed and patted his cheek. She gave Trunks a smirk over Goten's shoulder. "Remember he's mine bitch."

Trunks smirked back. "I'll try to keep my hands off him while you're gone." The smirk faded. "Good luck and be careful, okay?"

Leeli nodded before returning her attention to Goten and smiling. Slowly she broke away from him, walking toward the glowing portal. She bit her lip and took a deep breath, forcing a smile on her face as she looked over her shoulder. "I won't forget the coffee and peaches," she said, then jumped into the portal.

The brightness of the portal was blinding and Leeli could hardly keep her eyes opened. Suddenly the light dimmed, then brightened, then dimmed again. Behind her she could hear Goten screaming for her to get back. Then the light became all encompassing, then the blackness overtook, then she felt her body flying though the air. Her head made a sickening sound as she came to a stop and she lay still. "Fuck," she mumbled as she lost consciousness.

[Of Conversations and Portals]