Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mia ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

YAY! New Chapter!! ^^ This chapter is called : The Almost Completely Irrelevant Chapter About Vegeta! If you couldn't guess, it's all about Vegeta...you'd know that if you read the last chapter, of course, seeing as I said so at the end of the last chapter. Lots of familiar faces in this chapter, as well as some not-so-familiar ones. Anyway, enjoy!





"WHAT?! HELL?! Why am I going to Hell? What did I do to get stuck in Hell?" yelled Vegeta.

"It's not for long. You'll be able to come back here in a year or so. If you aren't wished back before then." Yemma replied, completely avoiding the question.

"But WHY? What reason is there for me to be down there?"

"Because you wished for more years to live, which makes things harder for me. I have enough work to do without yearly youth wish paperwork to fill out. So in return for my extra work, you have to spend a certain amount of time in Hell. And you're doing your wife's time too, since I figured you didn't want her to be there if it was at all possible she didn't have to."

Vegeta grumbled, but reluctantly agreed to his punishment. *Great...just what I need, more enemies...* he thought as two guards led him to the edge of Snake Way holding a piece of paper with his sentence on it that was to be given to the red ogre (do they have names? I can't remember...). He turned to the guard on his left and said, "I can do the rest myself." and he jumped off the edge of the road into the fluffy yellow clouds. He landed softly on the ground next to the gushing red fountain. The ogres were lining up cloud-like souls to take them on a nature hike. Vegeta walked over to them and handed his note to the red ogre, crossing his arms to wait.

The red ogre scanned the note and then showed it to the blue ogre. "Well, Mr. Vegeta, it looks like you'll be here for awhile. Unfortunately, Yemma specified that you were to go to the lower level of Hell. That's where we usually keep the nastier villians who come mostly from Earth."

Vegeta's eyebrow twitched as he thought, *Damn you, Yemma!*

He was led into the building to a trapdoor and down seven long flights of stairs to the lowest level of Hell. It was dark and rocky and altogether unpleasant.

"You can wander freely down here, but you can't come back up these stairs without an escort." explained the red ogre.

"Yeah. Welcome to Hell, Mr. Vegeta! Enjoy your stay!" said the blue ogre sarcastically. The two ogres laughed and went back upstairs.

Vegeta rolled his eyes and sighed. He decided to look around a bit. Not that he cared. He was just bored. So he started walking. It was amazingly quiet in there. He had expected jeering and such from the point he entered the room. But there was nobody around. Not a soul.

As he went on, he began to hear voices coming from a muffled corridor. Curious, he decided that he could withstand any jeering to find out what was in that room. So he set off in the direction of the voices. Soon he came to a corner and started to go around it. Unfortunately, someone else was coming from the other way at the same time and they crashed into each other. Vegeta was knocked backwards onto the floor and the one whom he'd run into was knocked into the opposite wall. Holding his smarting nose, Vegeta looked at who he'd collided with. It was Frieza. *Perfect. Thank you, oh so very much, Yemma!* he thought very sarcastically as he got up.

"Well, well, well...what have we here? Oh, boys! We have a new guest. Come out and say hello to the Prince of Monkeys!" Frieza mocked.

Vegeta turned and started to walk away and almost ran into another old enemy...Cell. Vegeta sighed and said, "Well isn't this just my lucky day...Are you here to mock me as well? Or are you Frieza's pet grasshopper?"

Cell ignored this comment and said, "Well, I never thought I'd see you down here; at least, not since Buu. After all, you're practically a saint now. So why are you here?"

"Does it really matter why he's here," said a new voice. Vegeta didn't have to turn around to know whose it was, he knew it in an instant. "Or can we just give him a good beating?"

At this, Vegeta smirked, then burst into laughter, "Oh, Dodoria, when did you become a jester? You? Give me a beating? Oh, that's rich!!!" He turned to see the sour look on the pink, fat, spikey face of Dodoria and found that he was surrounded by old enemies. The Ginyu Force (minus Captain Frog-Ginyu, who was somehow still alive) Zarbon, and the wizard Babidi crowded around him, among others.

"Don't be foolish, Dodoria, of course it's important to know why he's here. I'm curious myself as to how a goody-two-shoes like that traitor got put here. Do explain, Vegeta." Frieza said.

Vegeta rolled his eyes. "Why should I? It's really none of your damn business why I'm here, I just am. Now, if you don't mind, I'll get back to my walk." He started to leave but Frieza moved to block his way.

"Please move, Frieza, or I'll have to move you myself." Vegeta said as evenly as he could manage.

"Ooh! 'Please' he says! 'Please move'!" they laughed.

"That was your warning. If you don't move now, I will have to hit you, so just move so I don't have to get violent."

This made them laugh even harder. "Ooh, how scary! I'm not moving until you say why you're here."

Suddenly, a new voice cut through the laughter. "What's going on here?"

Vegeta's eyes widened in recognition of the voice when he heard the familiar voice. He turned around and saw a very familiar face. He gasped and said one word, "Father?"

Bejita's brows shot up as he recognized who it must be. "Vegeta? Is that my son?" He looked to Frieza questioningly.

"Yes, sadly, he is. Unfortunately, it seems he's forgotten his Saiyan heritage. He's been living like a human for more than a century. He's even lost his tail."

Vegeta glowered and backhanded Frieza into the wall. "You know just how to ruin a good moment, don't you?" said Vegeta menacingly.

Bejita favored his son with a calculating look before saying, "I believe we have things to discuss. Back to what you were doing before, you lackwits!!" Bejita put an arm around his son's shoulders and steered him towards the other end of the underground pit. "You should have come this way, boy. You would have found a warmer welcome. We Saiyans basically run things down here in place of the ogres, since they don't usually come down here. We keep things pretty much under control." He opened a door, which turned out to be sound-proofed, since the second Bejita opened it, Vegeta had to clap his hands over his ears to block out the deafening noise. Bejita smirked and called,"You get used to it!" as Vegeta looked into the room. It was a bar. Red light shone in the room full of laughing, hyper, card-playing Saiyans. A couple of fights were going on as Bejita led Vegeta into the room.

"Hey, Boys!" Bejita yelled over the noise. The bar went silent and the fighters stopped their fights mid-punch as he continued. "Your Prince is finally here!"

There was an enormous roar from the crowd of rowdy Saiyans. Vegeta had to hold his ears again and grumbled. The noise died down as everyone resumed their previous activities.

"Did you have to do that?" Vegeta asked.

"Of course I did. Let's go get a drink."

They made their way to the bar and sat down. The bartender scuttled over immediately and asked for their orders.

Bejita demanded a pint of the strongest ale they had and looked at Vegeta for his order. "The same, if you please." he said politely. Bulma had ingrained manners into his head with threats and the frying pan and now he used them without a second thought.

Bejita cocked an eyebrow at his son and shook his head. "So, son, tell me about your life. What did I miss?"

"A lot, Father; you missed a lot. Basically, I've been living on Earth since Frieza's defeat. I met a woman and we married--the earth equivilent of mating--and we had a son and a daughter. But I think you'd be more interested in the fact that Goku and I discovered four levels of Super Saiyan. Well, technically, Goku was the one who discovered them...I followed close behind, though. Do you want to know everything that happened?"

"Four levels? Four?! Impossible!...but yes, tell me everything." Bejita said as the bartender came back with drinks. Bejita glared at the bartender and said, "What took you so long?"

"N-n-nothing, Sire! I-I just..." stuttered the bartender.

Vegeta glared at his father and said to the bartender, "Don't worry about it. It's not a big deal. Go help your other customers."

The bartender scrambled away, glad to be released from the beating that would normally gave gappened.

Bejita glared at Vegeta and said, "What was that for?"

"Are you really that desperate for a punching bag? I thought you wanted to hear my story."

Bejita sighed and said, "Your time on Earth turned you soft. There was a time when you would have beat up that bartender before I could say a word. But go ahead, tell your story."

Vegeta ignored the "soft" comment and started telling his story starting from his mission to Earth to find Kakarrot. He was interupted at the part about Namek, when he first saw Goku as a Super Saiyan.

"Heh. So it wasn't the Prince to reach Super Saiyan first, but the son of a lowly third-class, eh." said a shadowy figure in the corner seat next to them. "So it came true, did it?"

Vegeta stared curiously at the Saiyan. "Impossible..." he said as he recognized the hair. *Goku?*

"My son did kill Frieza, then."

Vegeta scolded himself for his delusion...this wasn't his long-time friend and rival. "How did you know that Goku beat Frieza?"

"A few days before Frieza blew up Vegeta-sei, I was given the ability to see the future in visions. People usually think I'm crazy when I tell them so. I saw Kakkarot facing off against Frieza. Why do you call him Goku?"

"It's the name he preferred to be called. But he didn't kill Frieza. He let him go as Planet Namek blew up...just listen to the rest of my story. So you must be Bardock. The one who faced Frieza alone in defence of our planet... you'd think that'd get you a place in heaven. Or at least a chance to prove your worth...I'll have to talk to Yemma about that..."

"Yes. I'm Bardock. But please, finish your story, I want to hear more about my son."

Vegeta continued his story without any more interruptions.

"So you let your feelings get the better of you, eh?... My son is a fool!" Bejita lamented, referring to Vegeta's last fight.

Vegeta was blushing. He had become very interested in his empty mug when he began telling his father that he wasn't training much anymore.

"So you're just going to give up? Let him have you planet? Just so you could stop him hurting your friends that one time, who, I might add, could have been brought back if need be. That was downright idiotic, boy."

"What do you mean by that, exactly?"

"I mean that he'll attack them again when they decide to get their revenge. I mean, come on, they are part Saiyans, they won't stand by and let that go. They'll want revenge."

"Shit!" Vegeta said intelligently banging his head against the bar.