Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ ...Do what? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors note:
Greetings once again and thank you Zaya Ayame for reviewing, also thanks to anyone who is following this…interesting bit of work. I would like to first note that, despite my love for the Frieza saga, and the Cell saga…I am horrible with names and spelling. If you have any tips on how something is spelt I hope that you will let me in on you wisdom. Flames keep me warm, as we all know.
 
How? How?! What had brought this failure on? Why was it that he, all the perfection in the universe incarnate could have been taken down by a mere hybrid brat? Lament a super Saiyan backed by his father's power, but a child nonetheless. Because of this failure, he stood, he, the great Cell, the perfect warrior, standing in the face of his judgment, already knowing the outcome of his actions, and not caring in the least.
 
“According to these files, you've not only indulged in mass murder, but a time warp that created an entire alternate reality!” The giant behind the desk sighed exasperatedly. “Your sentence is eternal damnation.” Before the last of the words had left his mouth the floor had opened up and attempted to dump Cell into the Clouds below, but the perfect creation kept his place in mid-air, preparing to attack the one whom had passed him as less than perfect. Before Cell could elicit his revenge, however, hands of shadow rose from the bright intensity that were the clouds and grabbed him in their translucence, dragging him down into Hell.
 
With an outburst of rage the android powered up, repelling the phantom hands and gathering his ki beneath him once again. He rocketed upwards, only for his head to be hurled into an unyielding barrier more durable than any rock he had ever come into contact with before then. Badly jarred, the creation fell to the slightly more forgiving earth with a loud thud and a cloud of dust. His intellectually superior mind raced with rage: This wasn't right! This wasn't fair! He ranted like a spoiled child within his mind.
 
He was perfection incarnate, he was the best of the best, he was the most powerful creature in the universe, and yet a mere half-Saiyan had humbled him to this? How!? The urge to destroy came upon Cell hard, and it came fast, no doubt from the Saiyan DNA within his veins. He had to destroy something, anything! His mind searched for powers, maybe a city…were there cities in Hell? That was when he felt them, slightly familiar, but still very alien powers that just might serve his purposes of venting pent up frustration. Faster than a bullet the creature known as Cell phased out, and into action. Sucker-punching a large purple being with upturned horns and a muscular build. One shot was all it took for this great beast to go down, but a much smaller pure white creature with a single purple shine upon the top of his head replaced the largest, only to be knocked back to land almost neatly next to its fallen comrade. One by one they were followed by a large blue creature with red eyes, a red, almost human, creature with white hair, and a red-headed humanoid barbarian. It was a moment before Cell realized he was victorious, save for a tiny green creature. A faint narrowing of his eyes was all it took for the small four-eyed green creature to faint in fright.
 
And that was how Cell had met with Frieza, his father King Cold, and his soldiers, Burter, Jaice, Goldor and Recoom. And that same day, Cell, along with these creatures, were jailed.
 
Cell wrinkled his nose in disgust at the pungent aroma which swelled around the aliens in the jail hold. Why did they smell so badly when they were all dead? Cell himself was glad there was no perspiration that dared to bead his brow, or anywhere else upon him. Usually at least.
 
As a whole this group was almost invincible, but they had one great weakness. The Quarrelling. The soldiers spent all their time, free or otherwise, bickering about their `style.' While Frieza spent almost all of his time attempting to pick apart Cells intellect. The strongest, other than Cell himself, King Cold, didn't bother with fighting, thinking of it as below him unless absolutely necessary. And so all their attempted escapes ended the same way, an hour of fun, then out for a run. Right before their captured and stuffed back into this hell hole.
 
But this day would be different. There was to be some sort of important announcement, and so the two jail guards had gone `upstairs' to listen in. The group of villains had escaped mere moments after the power signatures had disappeared, and now the jackals ran rampant, sure to detect unwanted attention, should anyone quirk an ear in their direction.
 
The whole of the party came to an abrupt halt, however, as an unknown figure stood directly below them. The group as a whole rushed down to surround the figure hidden in the infinite folds of a midnight-blue cloak of some sort, strangely stiff and uneven in places. Cell was quite pleased as the figure was surrounded, thirty seconds of group work and not a single sign of The Quarrelling rising its ugly head. It bode well, very well indeed.
 
“What are you?” Frieza demanded of the figure, who merely turned her violet eyes his direction, purple tresses framing framed her eyes.
 
“I am many things.” Replied the female cryptically and without emotion. Though her eyes did not leave the one-time lord of half the universe, she seemed to be painfully aware of her surroundings, her petite bare toes twitching as if to run every time one of the men around her appeared to be about to move.
 
“How did you get here?” Cell spoke up suddenly, attracting the female's attention to himself. Her eyes glinted curiously.
 
“I entered through my Rift. I will leave, if you so wish it.” Explained the female before them. A small gust blew past them, but her large cloak barley rippled in the breeze.
 
“Take us through.” Cell continued in his rich, deep voice.
 
“If I were to grant your wish, you would have a price to pay.” Her voice remained calm, undaunted by the fighting stances being struck around her.
 
“And the fact that we had spared your life is not price enough?” Frieza butted in.
 
“No.” Was the simple rebuke from the creature who's eyes never left Cell, once settling upon him. There was still that curious glint behind her eyes. “I believe we have me before, One called Cell.”
 
“Oh? And where, my dear, have we met?” Replied the creation curiously.
 
“Earth.” Her eyes traveled up and down his bodice. “You have lost your tail, and gained power, it would seem.”
 
“Indeed?” Crooned the android. He was beginning to remember a particularly interesting day, back when he was still searching for numbers 17 and 18. “I don't seem to recall your name.”
 
At his statement a small smirk appeared at the corners of her lips. “I am called many things, but from birth I have been named Ices.” At this her smirk was mirrored by Cell. He remembered now. How could a creature so perfect as he forget such an intriguing day?
 
“If memory serves, you were on the run?” A sudden suspicious note crawled into his voice, but the female seemed not to have heard it, her smirk disappearing and her eyes flashing briefly to an impatient Frieza before she answered, suddenly tense, as if expecting a fight.
 
“I am.” She answered.
 
“From whom?” Queried Cell, curiosity provoking him.
 
“Those who desire me to grant their wish.” At a questioning eye-ridge from Cell the female continued, never faltering in her speech as she darted her eyes to a now visibly angry Frieza. “I am a wish granter.”
 
“You grant wishes?!” Exclaimed Recoom stupidly.
 
“Yes.” Concurred the beastess before them.
 
“We wish to return to life.” King Cold spoke up in his rich, royal voice, successfully catching her attention.
 
“There is always a price for a wish.” Reminded the figure before them, the robes about her seeming to rustle without any assistance from the wind. As if they were a witness to her discomfort.
 
“Such as already been established, name the price.” The king continued, his arms crossed and tail held perfectly still behind him. There was a brief pause before the beastess smiled.
 
“A duel. If your contestant is victorious than the wish is yours.” The smile shown slightly in her voice, coloring it with amusement.
 
“Done.” Cell cut in, stepping toward the female as if to take her on himself. The dark blue cloak who's folds had seemed so intricate unfurled into a pair of great wings, revealing the bloodied, tattered remnants of what had once been an elegant violet dress. The beastess' weight was balanced evenly upon the balls of her feet, ready to spring in any direction at any given moment. All at once she launched away from cell, barley avoiding the rash attack on the side of Frieza, eliciting an extremely annoyed look from Cell. The female pumped her wings with each dodge, barely keeping up with Frieza's wild rage, as she began to grow accustomed to his pattern, a foot in the small of her back pushed her towards an extremely painful fist. She did not cry out as the blue creature called Burter teamed up with the one called Frieza and followed suit to the ground, where the graceful female had bounced from her hands to keep from plowing into the ground, and leapt up just in time to avoid a `surprise' attack from Jaice. She came back to her feet and blocked the punches and kicked a head of her with her arms, grinning manically as she realized how powerful her opponents were. Something in her mind clicked and Ices dodged just in time to witness Jaice attempt to surprise her once more, and instead plowing his fist in Burter's stomach.
 
The short interlude was short lived, as Frieza and the humanoid looking creature had teamed up behind her, and she was forced to dodge once again.
 
“It is Dishonorable, to attack an opponent from behind.” Growled the creature as she folded in her wings and almost free-fell toward the ground, the one called Jaice came up fast and before she could react, shoved his entire fist through her stomach. A sharp intake of breath followed this action as those around stood in either curious or stunned silence. A grin stretched across her features as a halo began to flicker atop her head. The alien from down under withdrew his hand, shaking the gore from his glove with frightened eyes, if she couldn't grant wishes while dead…he was toast.
 
“That was…fantastic!” Exclaimed the female even as the halo continued flicking in and out of existence. After a few moments, however, strings of muscle and organs began to reconnect themselves, and she was whole again once more, the halo disappearing completely. “Your wishes shall be granted!” Laughed the obviously insane creature as an arm was lifted. A few moments passed before the halo's atop the heads of these creatures were gone, and they were again amongst the living.
 
“Why didn't that kill you?” Queried Jaice with a mixture of frustration, relief and awe.
 
“Silly mortal, a spirit cannot do real harm to one such as I.” Replied the female with an amused grin adorning her voice as well as her face.
 
“You call him a mortal, does that mean you are not?” Cell spoke up, intrigued.
 
“Yes.” She replied, the grin disappearing and her characteristic cryptic attitude returning.
 
“Which makes you…?” Recoom prompted.
 
“Immortal, of course.” Frieza spoke up sourly. “I wish to be immortal.” He growled, taking a step forward. The female frowned, the first negative emotion to adorn her face.
 
“I am not in the habit of granting two wishes in solar cycle, let alone five seconds.” Her eyes narrowed slightly, “You may be unable to pay my next price.”
 
“Name it, it shall be paid.” The ex-lord growled, lashing his tail angrily.
 
“I want to be immortal too!” Exclaimed Jaice, clenching his fists in excitement. The Mistress of Wishes sighed and clenched her teeth, a growl in the back of her throat.
 
“Do all of you wish to share this?” It was a unanimous `yes.' Suppressing a sigh of frustration the female attempted to think of something that would be worth all the effort she had already wasted upon these creatures. Fighting had been entertaining, albeit a bit humbling, but what she would really want…
 
“I have come to decide upon the price I wish to be paid.” Ices kept her eyes glued upon the males before her, prompting them to ask what it was.
 
“Well? What is it!” Frieza finally snapped.
 
“For my second wish challenge…” She let it hang for a moment just to tease the bunch. “…you must…seduce me.”