Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ The Hunt ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The mighty huntress stalked her prey from the concealing branches of ashen trees. The deer-creature continued its grazing, its white-rimmed gaze rolling nervously around the clearing as it nosed through the snow almost frantically.
 
It knows. The huntress thought suddenly, It knows it is being stalked and yet it does not flee! Why? Why would a prey-beast submit to its fate? The female loosened her wings and brought them up halfway, preparing to launch herself at the six-legged deer-creature. She froze, however, as its head shot up and its muscles tensed, its pupils dilating almost to nothing in its fear. The odd thing about it was that…its entire attention was focused opposite her. Perhaps it was just a nervous creature by nature? No, that terror was only evoked within the primitive mind when danger was real and imminent. The huntress continued, lowering her arms to grip the branch of the tree in an almost catlike position as the talons upon the tips of her wings did the same. Her muscles tensed as the creature returned to its grazing, its eyes rolling about the forest once more.
 
She had to do it fast, once her adrenaline spiked it would give her away and the prey would escape, she had to take this in one shot she had to—
 
“Just do it already!” Exclaimed Frieza angrily, starting the deer and setting the female off. Her wings came close to her bodice as she leapt upon the deer that had sprinted beneath her perch. A terrified squeal was ripped from the pitiful prey-beast's throat as the extra weight pulled at it. The two hind legs buckled beneath the weight and the creature was brought to its knees in the snow. Swiftly Ices broke the suffering creatures neck in one smooth motion, nodding in satisfaction as the hunt drew to a close.
 
“You almost cost us the hunt, one called Frieza.” Growled the female as she slipped both her arms and wings beneath the venison, lifting it over her head and slinging it across her shoulders. The lord snarled at the female as she passed him. He rolled his eyes, wondering why he had to come if the almighty Cell had already volunteered to baby-sit the annoying female. Then again…the android would probably have run off with their life-source, leaving them to rot as he found a way to take the universe under his control.
 
The trio returned to camp to find Burter and Recoom attempting to start a fire with soaked twigs obtained from the snow.
 
“You're holding them wrong!” Growled Recoom as he attempted to push the blue-skinned Burter out of the way.
 
“I am not! I told you I know how to do it!” Burter retorted as he attempted to push the barbarian away. The two paused however as a carcass was draped across their laps.
 
“Ummm…” Recoom prodded the limp creature with the damp twig.
 
“What do you expect us to do with this?” Burter quiered.
 
“Skin it, gut it, bleed it, cook it.” Replied the female in snipped tones. “Unless you'd rather eat it as it is. Whatever suits your tastes.”
 
“Eat…this? What do we look like? A bunch of Sayjins?” Burter exclaimed. Cell glared at the alien, after all he was over 25% Sayjin.
 
“I find it hard to believe that a group such as yourselves are adverse to fresh meat.” The female hissed as she massaged the bridge of her nose. I hunt to keep them quiet and placated and what happens when I get back? More whining. Are all males this difficult? The female paused in her thoughts. That is unfair, the one called Cell and the one called Cold have not even hinted at beginning to whine. She felt excessively grateful for that.
 
“Hey! I'm talking to you!” Burter waved his smelly hand in front of her face, and a look of irritated disgust slid across her features. Assuming that she was listening Burter repeated his statement. “We won't eat this meat, unless it's been properly cared for.”
 
“Then live with the hunger!” Snapped the female, her wings extending to give lift to what she said. “I am under no obligation to you or your party, it is the likes of you who have forced yourselves upon my own venture.” Burter lifted himself up as well, easily out-massing the Wish Dragon with or without her wings spread.
 
“Don't think you can intimidate me, I know I can easily take you out!” Exclaimed Burter.
 
“Would you like to test that theory.” Hissed a deceptively calm female, her violet eyes raging with unsuppressed fury. Burter raised his fist to strike the female, who braced for a fight, but the both of them were caught off-guard by a grayish hand easily catching Burter's in its embrace.
 
“It would not do to have you strike what currently keeps you bound to this plane.” Cell inserted with his usual deep, calm voice. His eyes slid over Ices for an instant, before settling back on Burter, who roughly shook Cell off; mumbling an apology about getting too riled up. The female snorted disdainfully but turned her back on the creature, she knew she could not hope to win a fight against any of these beings around her, fair fight or not. She was not matured enough, after all, her wings had just come in not half a year ago! And she had yet to grow into them.
 
After a few moments of awkward silence Burter returned to find the carcass gone and Recoom reclining with an overly-full belly, picking his teeth with what looked like a rib-bone. The blue giant did a double-take, as did the rest of the camp whom had all been wrapped up in the amusing quarrel between Ices and the jolly blue giant.
 
“What?” Recoom asked, looking innocent. His fellow Ginyu-member stared incredulously at him.
 
“You ate it all? Raw?” The not-so-jolly giant could not believe what he was seeing.
 
“You were taking too long.” Replied the barbarian as he scratched at his scorched and chaffing bald head. Burter growled angrily and reached out to strangle his comrade. The instant his powerful hands clamped down upon the throat of his counterpart, an intense pain shot through his entire being and he yelped, releasing Recoom, reletivley unharmed. Remembering the example made of Frieza, Burter glared at the female who rested almost peacefully in the tree.
 
“We are still hungry.” Burter growled.
 
Here we go again…
 
Authors Note:
 
For those of you who haven't figured it out already, Ices is a dragon, but she's not your run-of-the-mill dragon. And not only is she unique because she grants wishes, nor is it because she is the only unbound wish granting dragon, although those are two major factors. To understand what Ices is, you must be familiar not only with the Eternal Dragon of the Dragon Ball world, but also the common Western style dragons of the real world. Because Ices is a mixture of both…genetically speaking of course. Does Cell know this? Not yet, but he's probably going to find out…eventually…why am I telling you this? Because I thought you may like to know. I'm going to try to establish Cell more in the next chapter, I don't want to rush him into any hasty actions.