Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ Alone in the Dark ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oh what I wouldn't give for some steaming flesh about now… Ices sighed to herself as she felt the pangs of hunger began to gnaw at her for the first time since she had met and bonded with the villains. They have nothing that would support my metabolism upon this contraption, nothing that would sustain me adequately. She continued through the halls, well aware of the bio-android who followed her, well aware of the precariously flickering lights, and yet paying neither any heed. Oh dear almighty how long has it been since last I've eaten? Before I met these lugs I'm sure…
 
It happened so suddenly that the dragoness had not had time enough even to cry out.
 
Darkness. The suffocating mass of anti-color pressed around her like a blanket, blocking her air, her eyes, dulling her senses. The silence was unbearable, the darkness so cold, so unfeeling. How could something so insubstantial be so there? It was beckoning to her, calling to her deeper.
 
“What is it?” Growled Cell from somewhere ahead of Ices, apparently he had continued passed her when the lights had gone out, but she could not bring her frozen muscles to move. She knew it was stupid, this phobia of the dark, it was irrational, inconsequential. But still she feared it. Still she could not bring her body to work properly when it surrounded her, like a suffocating wall of pure matter. If she moved she knew she would collide with another object. If she stayed she knew that the creatures of the dark would come for her. Ices slammed her eyes shut, pulling her wings around her for comfort, and tensing all her muscles, ready to spring away at the slightest movement.
 
Cell observed all this, able to see through the lightless conditions, he could smell the terror radiating from the female, he could almost see it falling from her in gooey masses. He wrinkled his nose in distaste, what was it that she feared? And feared enough to reduce her to a sniffling infant? It was disgusting, but at the same time infuriating. He would disperse whatever had brought this terror on, and never again would it plague her, the only thing she was permitted to fear was him and he would destroy anything that dared take that title. The android was upon the female in a flash, his hand clutching just above the darkened bruise of her injured wrist.
 
The dragoness flinched away, a sound unlike any he had ever heard permeating the darkness like a siren's call. It was alluring, and yet saddening. Cell was sure it had emanated from the dragon he now clutched, her smooth skin slick with nervous sweat. Quickly the disgust was shoved to a backburner, and he felt—was it pity? Concern? He wasn't sure, but he held the female to him tenderly, allowing her wings to engulf him in their embrace, as her thin arms ensnared his waist. The creation could feel the tremors racing down her bodice, through her muscles.
 
“What is it?” Cell queried again, more gently. The dragoness' labored breathing began to quiet slightly. “What do you sense?” He persisted when she did not answer.
 
“Nothing. I sense nothing.” And it terrifies me. Like I am floating alone on a wave of anti-matter, a lost soul in an abyss of uncertainty. Her grip tightened around Cell's sculpted abdomen, and his brow drew together in confusion, before his databanks supported him with a most intriguing answer. Achluophobia…Fear of Darkness…
 
How is it that a being such as this could fear something so…trivial so common? If she fears the dark why did she not react in the forests at night? Cell shook his head slightly, if this female did suffer from such a fear here, and not in a forest then that could only mean… That she fears completedarkness. Correct, she could depend on the light of the stars and moons of other planets, even on the cloudiest of days but here with no windows and the energy gone out…it was completely black.
 
“There is nothing to fear in the dark.” Voiced the android.
 
“I know.” Confirmed the dragoness. The android mentally shrugged, if she was going to fear something she knew was not worth it, that was her choice, however much it irked him he could not change the way she thought, and he could not very well dispel darkness its—
 
That's it! He exclaimed mentally as he called forth the powers of his kai, surrounding both the figures in an illuminating cocoon. He sensed the change in the female immediately, the tremors in her muscles ceased, and her breathing returned to normal as she peaked up at him with a question in those deep eyes. Cell lowered his head to the dragoness, his eyes half-lidded.
 
“There is nothing to fear.” Cell's voice was a low seductive whisper, and it unwound her taught muscles, and brought her face closer to his own. The android's mind went pleasantly blank as the female's warm lips enclosed his own, her body pressed against his, and her earlier words began to ring in his cranium. Because I am tied to several others in the most intimateway possible. A warm feeling spread throughout his palapitating heart as he finally realized the implication of these words, and of their bonding. Just as quickly as it had come, however, the warmth turned cold and sour as he also realized that he was not the only one. He had to get her away from them, from those several others.
 
But it was too late now, why hadn't he taken her before everything had unraveled? Before the Z senshi had joined the hunt. Before the first group of wish seekers had caught up to them and pierced this woman he loved?
 
Love? Love?! Have I gone daft! Androids do not love! Love is a weakness! Perfection needsno love! His mind raged against his skull as the kiss continued, but he did not fling her away, could not fling her away, not this terrified creature that clung to him as if he were the only thing in her world. This was what he wanted, always, forever, for her to see him and only him, as the true perfection that he was. He wanted her to want him, to fear him, to hate him, he wanted her to feel all these things and feel them only for him.
 
And for that to happen…I need to take her away…
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Yay! Their realizing their true feelings! And yes yes I know an ancient being such as her shouldn't fear the dark, but it seemed oddly fitting. Nobody is perfect, afterall, not even Ices. And definatley not Cell, although I'm sure he would argue that point. Anyhow, thanks all who reviewed, especially my loyal multi-chapter people who realize important stuff!
 
Zaya Ayame who has been with this fic from the very beginning
 
Maira Luca whom has dropped in on several occasions
 
Angeloftorment who taught me how to spell right
 
Anthyrose and aquasage, two of the most thourough reviewers I've ever been blessed with, who realized things in my story I had not even taken into consideration
 
And the newest addition but certainly not the least in value, Storm Raven 333
 
I would also like to thank those of you who read this on a regular basis and have followed through on each chapter, I know that my work is not the easiest to understand (it jumps around a lot) but promise a repost sometime after completion.
 
And remember, if you don't like something about my story, feel free to leave a flame, it gets mighty cold in winter.