Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ Z fighters return ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The universe was quiet. Life went on as it always had, survival of the fittest. Creatures died and birthed, and Goku sensed it all as he sought for the powers of the villains. Or at least those he was familiar with, such as Cell and Frieza.
 
His consciousness slid over planets and ort clouds, through nebulas and galaxies, seeking for these dark auras.
 
And then he found them.
 
Goku could barley suppress his excitement as he locked onto their coordinates with his mind.
 
“I've found them.” His eyes were serious, but inside he was thrilled. He'd be able to fight them again! He secretly hoped that the villains had gotten stronger since their last encounter, and that the girl wouldn't whisk them away again. The Z senshi gathered around Goku, joining hands as he transported them to a far-off planet…
 
Meanwhile…
 
The dragoness was surprised, she had finished her meal and still no sign of the creatures mother. Perhaps these creatures were smart enough to know when it was pointless? Or was it just taking longer for the mother to lick her wounds than the dragoness had previously expected? No matter, her gullet was full and she was almost content. If not for one trivial detail…
 
She was covered head to tail in gore.
 
As much as the dragoness loved to eat raw flesh, she did not enjoy being covered in the sticky substance. There was no other alternative, the dragoness would have to bathe. She parted her jaws and widened her nostrils, allowing her snake-like tongue to scent for both danger and the nearest water-source. Aside from being dirty, she was also extremely thirsty, likely from the salty blood of her recent meal. The serpent-like creature reared away from the few gnawed bones that had made up her meal, spreading her considerable wings and preparing to take flight.
 
“Where do you think you're going?” Frieza growled, his eyes glaring. The dragoness turned one violet eye his way, looking over her wing and through the murky darkness, her eyes glinted crimson in the moonlight as her pupils dialated enough for her to see.
 
I go to bathe, unless you would have me somehow squeeze into your ship in this form.” Her voice was not so much deep as it was rough, but not unpleasantly so. Her tail lashed in expectation, and when no protest was forthcoming she launched herself into the night sky, her body twisting and turning and reminding Cell even more of the Eternal Dragon as Ices' body looped and straightened behind her while she pumped her wings. The Android powered up and leapt after her, followed by the lord and king.
 
Just as she had scented a small pond was nearby, almost completely blocked by the forestry. The trees sighed and writhed with the wind from her wings, their forms almost black in the murk of night. Ices lowered her head and scooped gingerly from the surface of the pond, throwing her head back much like a bird as she downed the satisfying liquid. Once her thirst was sated she entered the now rippling surface, almost seeming to disappear in the void of black.
 
“Hurry up, we haven't got all night!” Frieza snapped, eliciting an annoyed, and slightly intimidating, growl from the female as she used the fan on her tail to splash some of the water at him. It fell slightly short but the message was clear: She would not be leaving until all her necessities were taken care of. Without a word she submerged the only visible portion of her body; her head. And the surface of the pond slowly quieted until it was again merely a mirror for the heavens.
 
“Does she seriously expect us to wait here like imbeciles while she does god knows what in that pond?” King Cold murmured, seemingly to himself. Cell glared at the pair, but secretly agreed. They had wasted enough time on this worthless planet as it was. The andriod's form stiffened as he felt familiar and more than unwelcome energies not too far from where he stood. The other two took notice of his sudden shift in position, and followed his diverted gaze.
 
“Goku.” He hissed, answering their unspoken questions. Cell hazarded to glance at the glossy surface of the pond, thanking providence that the female had sense enough to stay submerged. At least for now.
 
“Cell.” The voice was Goku's, and the creation stiffened, wondering how in the world the party had gotten here so fast. Even at their fastest speed it would have taken them at least twenty minutes to reach him. “Where is the girl, Cell?” His voice was hard, but the creation could detect a spark of…was it excitement? In his eyes.
 
“Girl?” Parroted Cell, attempting to stall and buy time to formulate a plan.
 
“Don't play coy with us!” Vegeta shouted angrily, his eyes holding the same spark as Goku's.
 
Ah, but of course, their saijin, battle is in their blood… The android smirked, he could draw them off and leave the dragoness to find a hiding spot, that should work out well. After all, he could not die, so long as she lived, and therefore had nothing to fear if she remained out of harm's way. Before he could register this, however, Gohan stepped forward, his eyes hard as he transformed into his Super form and rushed the trio, the rest of the fighters following behind.
 
A deafening roar reverberated through their bodies, and the earth beneath them, and the air around them, stopping everyone in their tracks. The dragoness burst from the once still surface, sending seizers through both air and water as she beat her wings and landed in a protective position in front of the males, her cerulean hide gleaming almost black in the darkness. Her tail lashed furiously the fan upon it spread and the webbed spikes upon her back raised like a crest as she glared daggers at the Z fighters.
 
“What is it that you want here, mortals?” Her voice held a deep growl that traveled through the earth. Almost all of the Z senshi blanched at the dragoness.
 
“You look just like the Eternal Dragon!” Goku exclaimed.
 
“But those wings…they seem more like Icharis'” Gohan put in, pointing.
 
“And that fan, and the spike webbing are nothing like the Dragon's.” Goku agreed, nodding.
 
The female's features hardened even further, as her tail struck without warning, slicing a boulder just to the left of the pair clean in half.
 
“Do not make me repeat my question.” A hiss accompanied these words, her reflective eyes glowing scarlet. She kept her wings half-raised, refusing to back down or relax her guard in this temporary lull.
 
“We are here to bring the villains back to Hell, and to bring you back to the Kai for trial.” Piccolo answered, seemingly unimpressed by the slightly familiar dragoness before them. She chuckled deep in her throat, lowering her body so that her jaw and neck came parallel to the ground, and she resembled a serpent. Her eyes gleamed like a cat's in the night, her tail swaying lazily behind her.
 
Tell me, dearest Piccolo, how do you pray to kill these `villains?'” They could tell from her voice that she knew something they didn't, but that didn't stop Vegeta's cocky answer.
 
“Fool, who do you think put them here in the first place.” He spat.
 
“Certainly not you youngblood.” Snipped Ices, “besides, you cannot kill these creatures.”
 
“Why not?” Gohan wondered aloud.
 
Because I have granted them the wish of immortality, and therefore they cannot die until the object holding their life-force is destroyed.” Chortled the female, raising her wings slightly in response to the taught-ness their muscles seemed to adopt at the word immortality. But they did not blow up at this, after all Garlic JR. had wished for this same thing, and he could still be killed. The only difference here is that instead of a body to kill, they had an object.
 
“And what is this object?” Krillian growled.
 
“me.” The smirk was evident in her voice, and her eyes.
 
Author's Note:
 
I've drawn a few pictures of Ices in her draconic form for those of you who like to look at those types of things, but my friend hasn't scanned them yet. Once he does then I can post them online for your viewing pleasure. As always remember to tell me what you do and do not like in this story, I will attempt to change it when I do the final draft repost.