Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ Confessions of the Heart ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The entire world consisted of pain. Throbbing, oozing, angry pain that clawed with sharpened talons at the body as if tearing it apart. Even in this half dazed state, the dragoness could tell that something within her body was missing, or had changed, something wasn't completely there anymore, or perhaps something new had been put in…
 
Ices A deep voice reverberated through her mind, and she flinched away from it, moaning in the agony it caused.
 
Ices, my child you must awaken. Persisted the disembodied voice, pushing her toward full-awareness. She cracked one violet eye…
 
“Who…Father…?” She could make out an image on the other side of the glass…wait? Glass? Where was she? Where had all this water come from? What was this thing clutched like a leech to her face? What were those things attached to her?
 
Quickly! You must fully awaken!! Her father shouted from within her skull, she flinched once more, but the pain was not so great as before. With an even movement the dragoness was able to shrug the tubes from beneath her wings, and tear the mask from her face. The female held her breath as the blood from the disabled tubes began to stain the water crimson with her life-fluid. Ignoring the pain for now, the dragoness threw her body at the glass, with no result. She repeated the performance, using the back of the water-pod for a more powerful blow. She grunted out a mouthful of precious air with the effort, before the pod began to open automatically.
 
“Sedate her before she can do anymore damage!” A strange voice called. Rough unfamiliar hands grasped at her form, her nude form, she now noticed. The female felt the skin growing together upon her back, and she used her wings to throw the stranger from her. The female stumbled slightly, her wings as well as her toes spreading for balance. The agony laughed at her, tearing at her mind, and her physical being, attempting to pull her back to those comforting waves of unconciousness.
 
My child you must stay awake! Her father's voice was urgent, and the dragoness found herself wondering where he was…he was trapped within the dimension of the Dragon Balls with Porunga, afterall…there was no possible way he could be here with her. But then again…he didn't really need to be with her, all he needed was to establish a link between their minds. Ices was unable to ponder further, because the scientist and the brute he had hired to keep her calmed and sedated were approaching her once more.
 
Out of instinct the female let out a hiss, her wings spreading in an attempt to intimidate the much-larger-than-she being. His humanoid build was enormous, at least twice her size, his skin the white of a pearl, and his face flat and almost cat-like. He possessed fangs which overlapped his bottom jaw, and beady black eyes that sunk deeply into his bald head. The creature's armor wore the mark of Frieza, she noticed. The Scientist said something to the creature in a strange language of growls and clucks, and she realized then that he was of the same species as the white thing before her, only much, much smaller, and much, much blacker.
 
The brute before her snorted and attempted to make a grab for the female, who leapt away, a bit clumsily, and landed on all fours away from the pair, the tops of her wings creating an arch over her head and moisture glistening from her skin as her hair plastered to her shimmering face. With a shake she dislodged it, and was again forced to leap back, as the movement had set the giant off. Quickly the dragoness leapt for her energies, only for her heart to quicken in horror.
 
They would not come.
 
No matter how far she reached toward the well of magic she knew was there, she could feel was there, she could not touch them. They rushed away from her, or slid through her mentally grasping fingers like sand.
 
Again the white-creature lunged and again the she-dragon leapt, but this time she had miscalculated, and the creature's stubby-if strong-fingers closed around her ankle. Ices gasped in surprise as she hit the ground, her wing spread at odd angles around her felled form. Though she could tell the creature before her was attempting to be gentle, she still couldn't suppress the nasal hiss that escaped her at the violation of her sanctity.
 
“What is going on here?” A suave voice boomed from the now open archway of the door.
 
“Master Cell, the creature awoke prematurely, we were attempting to sedate her once more before placing her into the chamber to finish her recovery.” The scientist reported in a thick alien accent.
 
They had me sedated? And my father woke me prematurely? That would explain the lack of magic...and my miscalculation. My mind must still be hazy. But why would Father bother with waking me? What could be gained from it?
 
“If she awoke, there must be a reason.” Cell growled, crossing his arms and glaring death in the direction of the scientist.
 
“Bu—ah…” The creature was cut-off as Cell grabbed him around the throat and lifted him from the ground to hold him at eye level.
 
“You forget that this is an ancient being who's instincts guide her. If she has fought the drug hard enough to wake, then there is a reason. Do not question me again.” With that he threw the doctor to the side, not sparing him a second glance even as he bounced from the wall and hit the sterilized floor. The large creature holding Ices took one look at the message written in Cell's eyes and released the dragoness, the brute didn't need to be smart or even understand the language to understand the death behind the android's gaze.
 
Once the brute had dragged his master away, Cell's gaze fell upon Ices.
 
His sensors immediately picked up her rapid-heartbeat, and increased lung-rythms, but they were not those of stressed activity, they were of anxiety and fear. Two emotions that, when not directed at him, infuriated him.
 
“What has you so worked up, Ices?” He did not let the cold anger show in his voice, keeping it even.
 
“I…am not sure.” Her voice was slightly rusty with lack of use, it was then that she noticed Cell stiffen across from her, and an instant later she felt the life-forces entering the room.
 
Be prepared to do battle for your life, my daughter. Quickly, to your feet! You must escape them! Shenron's voice was urgent, and Ices forced herself to her feet, noting that the pain was slightly less.
 
How, Father? How can I escape them with my magic's incapacitated? Her father did not reply to her questions, or at least if he did, she did not hear him. She was too surprised by the obviously tense saijin named Goku before her. His eyes spoke of deep anger, and was it regret? She could read the negativity in his kai, and knew that he was not here to aid her.
 
“Ices.” Goku's voice was as tense and strained as every other contour of his body. He seemed oblivious to the fact that she was nude. “I have spoken with Supreme Kai.” At the name the dragoness' body grew as tense as his own.
 
“And he told you to kill me, did he not?” She growled, her voice low, but not angry. The saijin's gaze did not waver though his tense muscles did loosen a bit. The dragoness was beginning to understand her Father's urgency. He was attempting to preserve her immortal life.
 
But, why does my heart race so at the thought of death? Will not my soul live on this way? But what of Cell…and the others…they will perish, sentenced to eternal damnation once again. And where will my soul end up? Will they also throw me under lock and key? The dragoness' thoughts were interrupted as she prepared to leap way as Goku's image flickered. She had barely tensed her muscles, before Cell was before her, blocking Goku's attack. The pair's muscles strained against one another, their kai raising in an attempt to overpower one another.
 
“Flee.” Grunted the android. Ices hardened her gaze.
 
“I will not leave you to face an enemy alone!” She flared her wings, calling to her energies once more, fighting the drug within her system and tearing her abilities free from it.
 
“Ices, I can fight, you cannot! Go!” Shouted the android, taking everyone by surprise.
 
Could Cell actually care for her? Goku thought, before shaking his head, no it must be that he's trying to preserve his life.
 
“Fight I can, and fight I will! Have you forgotten, Cell? I will feel every death they force onto you! I would rather face an enemy and earn my own pain than hide like a coward and take the pain of another.” She growled as her energies grew and pulsated. They heightened her senses, and she was able to see the once imperceptible battle that raged between Cell and Goku.
 
But also she was able to see when Piccolo made his move. Her heart constricted as her one-time friend, so different now, and yet the same as then, rushed at her.
 
He has betrayed me, just as Supreme Kai… She mentally sobbed.
 
And yet you would still give your life to defend either of them. Her conscience pointed out. The dragoness smirked. Even if she were able to, she would not harm Piccolo.
 
But did Piccolo know that? Again she had allowed her thoughts to allow a miscalculation, and she could see Piccolo's fist about to connect with her jaw, only for Cell to appear in front of her once more.
 
How had he moved so quickly? Not even Goku could escape her magically enhanced senses.
 
“Woman, I cannot defend you forever!” Cell snarled.
 
“I will not leave you Cell!” The female remained stubborn, even as she dodged an attack from Krillain.
 
“Why not!?” The android shouted in frustration as he threw the Namakien away from himself and Ices.
 
“Because I love you!” At those words the entire room froze.