Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ Farewell ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
“Disgusting.” Spat Vegeta once more, “allowing a pitiful emotion such as `love' to cloud your judgement! I had assumed that immortals were free of such misconceptions, apparently I was mistaken.” The prince powered up to his own Super Siajin form, finally coming to a decision. Even if the dragoness lived, she would never grant his wish, and if he gained his wish of immortality, than he would be forced to watch his mate, and his offspring, die around him while he stayed young and versatile.
 
The Saijin prince fired a white-hot kai blast at the female, only for the android to throw himself before the dragoness and take the brunt of the explosion that should have reduced Cell to no more than a pile of ash.
 
Goku and Gohan both flinched in unison at the supernatural sound that was indefinitely one of agony torn from the dragoness' throat as she collapsed forward, into the chest of the android, who wouldn't for the life of him do anything so weak-seeming as cry out in pain. Every contour in the creation's physique contrasted sharply as his muscles bulged in an effort to stay the blast. At last Vegeta's attack ceased, and the senshi tensed to move in once more.
 
“You must go.” His voice was hard.
 
“No.” Her voice rivaled his. While their wills and intellect were very near an even match, the android knew that he still held one great advantage. He had the strength to force her away. In the blink of an eye the android had blasted a nearby wall into shambles and thrown the still-recovering female through the opening, intercepting Goku and Piccolo as they attempted to intercept her.
 
Ices landed with a grunt on the soft crimson grasses outside the ship, she stood, unsure of whether to fly or fight.
 
I cannot leave him…
 
You must. He will live. You will not. Her father's voice was full of sympathy, and Ices felt her heart constrict in pain.
 
The life ahead of me will not be worth it, without him. We may remain together in death. The female noticed as Gohan approached her, allowing violet orbs to trace his movements.
 
Ices!? What are you doing! You mustn't let them kill you! Her father shouted through their telekinetic link.
 
I thank you, Father, but there is no more you can help me with. The fog of evil has gone and now only the purity of love remains, and I see as I did in my years with the Kai… The dragoness turned to face her fate. The youth before her tensed, as if expecting her to attack him in defense for her life. Every muscle in his bodice was strained, but the justice in his eyes flared. Ices knew this was the end.
 
“I don't want to do this.” Voiced the half-saijin.
 
“I know.” Replied the dragoness, almost gently.
 
“Please don't let me do this.” His eyes turned moist and tears began to slide down his cheeks.
 
“It must be done.” Ices' eyes met the youth's and she allowed a small but begin smile to grace her features for the first time in a very long time. “Do not fear your destiny, Gohan.”
 
“I'm sorry.” Gohan's voice was tight with constricted emotion.
 
“You have no reason to be.” The dragoness' once tight muscles relaxed. Death was not to be feared. All creatures came to endure death at least once in their lifetimes. Immortal as she was, even she could not outrun it, in the long run. “Goodbye, Gohan.”
 
“Goodbye, Ices.” The half-saijin gritted his bared teeth as he released a powerful wave of kai from his hand.
 
When the smoke cleared, all that remained of Ices, was a memory…
 
Author's Note:
 
Don't worry, this is not the last chapter. Yes Ices is really dead, yes you all have permission to hate me for giving her such an anticlimactic death and yes you can all beat me up for forcing Gohan to do something so horrible. Just review and I might contemplate a happy ending…