Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mr. Mom ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Mr. Mom

This is another song fic from yours truly. What would happen if Chi chi and Bulma went out for a day and left Goku and Vegeta to care for the children? Haha! Let's see how these tough saiyan men deal with their own children.

Screwed up ages

Gohan 12
Trunks 7
Goten 6
Bra 1

Disclaimer: Do not own DBZ or song by Lonestar.

It was a sunny morning on both Mt. Paozu and at Capsule Corp. As the first rays of sun beat down through the windows the women of the house were already awake. For weeks Bulma and Chi chi had been planning a girl's day out and this was it.

Spots of silver danced in Goku's eyes as he awoke to the sun catching a window decoration, reflecting in his eye. He could hear Chi chi scrurrying around the kitchen. He sleepily arose and stretched. Once dressed he walked into the kitchen. He pulled Chi chi to him from behind. He leaned in to her neck and nuzzled her lovingly.

"Why so early, my love?"

"Bulma and I are going out for the day. You'll have to take care of the boys today. Do you think you can handle that?" She asked innocently, turning her head for better access. She kissed him softly on the lips.

Goku grinned his trademark Son grin. "No problem. How hard can it be?"

Meanwhile....at Capsule Corp. Vegeta was in the middle of a hard training secession in the gravity chamber when Bulma's voice crackled over the speaker. "Vegeta I need to talk to you."

Vegeta groaned and reluctantly shut the gravity simulator down and trudged through the door. "What is it woman?" He growled.

Immediately a tiny bundle was thrust into his hands. It was a one year old Bra, still rather sleepy. "What the?" He questioned as he held his daughter.

"I need you to watch the kids today." Bulma instructed.

"Why me? Can't you get your mother to watch them!?" He almost shouted.

"She and dad are out for the day and I'm going out with Chi chi, so if it makes you feel better your sparring partner is in the same boat!" She countered.

Vegeta squeezed a fist in frustration. Bulma could see his anger mounting. "Vegeta, would it hurt so much for you to spend a day with your own children?"

Vegeta's jaw relaxed and he glanced down at the baby in his arms. The little girl rubbed her eyes with tiny little fists, as her blue topped head lulled sleepily. Even the most hardened warrior was susceptible to such a display of cuteness.

"Alright, woman." He sighed. Bulma smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"Don't worry, I'm sure a big tough saiyan like yourself can handle it." With that she sauntered off.

Vegeta looked down at Bra and sighed. "No problem, right?"



Lost my job, came home mad
Got a hug and kiss and that's too bad
She said I can go to work until you find another job
I thought I like the sound of that
Watch TV and take long naps
Go from a hand working dad to being Mr. Mom

Vegeta carried Bra down the hall towards the kitchen. It was breakfast time and he knew that if he was hungry so was Bra and that soon Trunks would wake up and want food too.

He shuffled around the kitchen looking in cupboards for something Bra and himself could eat. As he looked he had to balance his squirming daughter in his arms. "For Vegeta's sake! Would you hold still child!" He shouted. Bra paid no mind to the threat and continued to push her tiny little fists into his face.

A small Trunks trudged into the kitchen; his lavender hair suffering a serious case of bed head. He rubbed his eyes and yawned sleepily. When he saw his father looking through the cupboards he cocked his head to the side questioningly. He wanted to ask what he was doing, but didn't dare. He trudged over to the table and sat down. He stared at it for a while before the letter on the table came into focus. He looked it over and turned to his father. "Dad?"

"What?" He asked as he finally found what he was looking for.

"Mom left a list on the table." Trunks commented.

"What?" Vegeta repeated trudging over to the table and grabbing the list. "Breakfast, grocery shopping, baby gym, lunch, soccer, chores? What is all this?" He shouted. He read the top of the list. Dear Vegeta, this is a list of things I need you to do today. I hope it's not too much. I know you can do it. Love Bulma.

"Ugh, woman!" He growled under his breath.

Back at the Son house. The boys had just awoke and were begging Goku for something to eat. Goku wasn't much for cooking indoors, but he was hungry as well. He searched in the cupboards until he had a counter full of ingriedients he was sure he could use.

"Now if only I knew how the stove worked?"


Well
Pampers melt in a Maytag dryer
Crayons go up one drawer higher
Rewind Barney for the fifteenth time
Breakfast, six naps at nine
There's bubble gum in the baby's hair
Sweet potatoes in my lazy chair
Been crazy all day long and it's only Monday
Mr. Mom


Vegeta felt like a complete fool walking through the grocery store. He had been grocery shopping before and he had never enjoyed it, but this was pure torture.

He had spent most of the morning trying to feed and dress Bra. Trunks was no problem at breakfast, but trying to feed a one year old was exasperating even for a saiyan. Then when it came time to get dressed, Bra wouldn't stop squirming and Trunks was just obstinant about the whole thing. Now he was walking through the grocery store with Bra in her car seat in the cart and Trunks tied to his wrist by a baby leash.

"I can hear the saiyans in other world laughing at me." He grumbled. "The great saiyan prince reduced to playing mom. It's a disgrace!" He rolled down the aisles trying to find what was on the list. "Trunks! Come back here!" He shouted as his son wandered around a corner. Vegeta tugged on the wrist leash and Trunks was pulled back to his side. "Stay here where I can watch you!" He stated sternly in that kind of, 'that's an order' voice.

"Dad! I'm seven years old I can take care of myself!" Vegeta growled and rolled his eyes. 'He must get it from his mother!' He thought bitterly.

Meanwhile on Mt. Paozu. Gohan and Goten were hiding behind the couch in the living room as Goku waved the smoke out of the kitchen. Finally the smoke cleared out of the house and he could see what was supposed to be breakfast. He pulled out what looked and felt to be a rock. It was supposed to be a cake. Cake for breakfast had seemed easy to start with, but had turned out a disaster.

He set it on the table. The boys cautiously entered the kitchen and stared at the black rock on the table. "Dad what is that?" Goten asked.

"That's breakfast." He replied.

Gohan reached out with his fist and punched the cake. Nothing happened, it didn't break or crumble it just sat there. "I'm not eating that." Gohan commented. "No way."


Football, soccer and ballet
Squeeze in Scouts and PTA
And there's that shopping list she left
That's seven pages long
How much smoke can one stove make
The kids won't eat my charcoal cake
It's more than any maid can take
Being Mr. Mom

(Repeat Chorus)


It had been a long day. One of the longest Vegeta had ever had in fact. He trudged into the house and flipped the light on. He looked down at the two little ones in his arms. "Finally!" He sighed seeing that they were asleep.

After grocery shopping that morning he had taken Bra to baby gym. He had never thought he would have trouble keeping up with his crawling one year old daughter. Then at lunch she had made quite the mess. She still had apple sauce in her hair!

Trunks was a little easier though still being stubborn about everything. *Sound like someone we know? Cough VEGETACough* He seemed just as uncomfortable with the errands as well; that was until soccer practice. Vegeta was amazed by the this Earth sport known as soccer. It was just the kind of thing Vegeta would have wanted Trunks to do if he wasn't training. Practice had gone longer than assumed and then Vegeta had had to track the lavender haired boy down through a crowd of small children.

The sun had just set when they reached Capsule Corp. They were all sufficiently tired. Vegeta had carried them both in because he couldn't rouse Trunks awake to get out of the car. He placed them on the couch and fell back in a chair. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. He glanced over at his children. He smirked he had to admit they were cute. They looked so peaceful as their chests rose and fell softly in slumber. Bra sucked her thumb as she slept, while her brother twitched every now and then still wearing his cleats. Who would think these two little angels had caused the Prince of all Saiyans such trouble. He sighed and stood up. He still had a car full of groceries to unload. 'And to think I used to think purging was hard work!' He thought.

On Mt. Paozu the sun was beginning to set as well. Goku and the boys had spent the afternoon training after failing miserably at breakfast and chores. The boys were tired and yawned as they strolled in the house. They had gone hunting for dinner so they were full and sleepy. Goten could barely stand he was so tired. Goku smiled at his little son. "Gohan take your brother up to bed." He said.

"Sure dad. Come on squirt." Gohan picked up his little brother and carried him off to their room.

Goku looked around the kitchen, it was a disaster area just like they'd left it this morning. "Chi chi won't like this." He said when he noticed the red light on their answering machine. He pushed the button and Chi chi's voice came on, "Hey guys! It's mom! I just called to say I should be home in about two hours. Love you." Goku groaned, he had a little less than two hours to clean the kitchen. This was not going to be pretty or easy. 'I wonder if the universe needs saving?' He wondered.


Before I fall in bed tonight
If the dog didn't eat the classifieds
I'm gonna look just one more time

'Cause
Pampers melt in a Maytag dryer
Crayons go up one drawer higher
Rewind Barney for the eighteenth time
Breakfast, six naps at nine
There's bubble gum in the baby's hair
Sweet potatoes in my lazy chair
Been crazy all day long
Oh been crazy all day long and it's only Monday
Mr.Mom


Vegeta sighed as he lounged on the couch staring out the window at the stars. The kids were fed, washed, and in bed. He was proud of how well he had handled the woman's job, but he was still not looking forward to doing that again anytime soon. He loved his children, but all those errands were crazy.

His saiyan hearing detected the click of the door opening and he watched as his mate strolled past the living room turning the hall way light on as she did. It wasn't until the last second that she saw his eyes staring at her from across the dark room. She strolled into the dark living room. "Vegeta, you're still up?" She said casually. He stood up and walked over to her wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her to him. She locked her arms around his neck and stared into his dark eyes.

"I was waiting for you." He whispered huskily.

Bulma smiled and let out a small laugh. "I'm glad." She kissed him and then pulled back to smile at him again. "How was your day?" She asked.

He had a devilish smirk on his face. He leaned in and whispered into her ear. "Let's just say, you owe me." He leaned down and kissed her neck.

Goku had spent the last hour and a half working like mad to clean the kitchen. It was finally done. It was as clean as he could get it. He sighed; he had tell tale signs of flour on his face and shirt. He wiped his brow and walked across the house to check on the boys. He opened the door and peeked in. Both of them were deep in slumber. Childlike snoring could be heard from both beds. He walked in and made sure they were tucked in. "Night, my little warriors." He whispered.

He turned to see a shadow in the doorway. It was Chi chi smiling at him. He smiled back. "Hey Chi!" He whispered as he walked out of the room and closed the door. She unexpectedly leaned up and kissed his cheek. "What was that for?" He asked wrapping his strong arms around her.

"For taking care of the boys today. You did great." Then she noticed the flour on his face and laughed. She reached up to wipe it off. "What happened?" She asked.

Goke grinned and scratched the back of his head. "Cooking is a lot harder than it looks."


Purging planets, saving the world.
Thought there was nothing to it
Baby, now I know how you feel
What I don't know is how you do it
Converting /tmp/phpWVHN19 to /dev/stdout