Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ New Students at Orange Star High ❯ Chapter Seven - Goku versus Gohan ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The final chapter of the tournament is here. Who will be the winner? Rest assured, I already had it decided so anyone rooting for a particular person might be disappointed. I'm not gonna list the advantages both fighters have, because this will show an insight to the way I think and if your smart enough you'll figure out who will win beforehand and that will ruin the surprise.

Gohan fires a Masenko at Goku, who dodges and counters with a strong ki blast. Gohan blocks the blast, but it drives him to the edge of the ring.

"That's pretty good dad," Gohan says, "you've definitely gotten a lot stronger in the past seven years."

"And you've slacked off," Goku chides his son, "if you had trained at all then you wouldn't be putting up such a pathetic display of wasted talent."

"Sorry dad, but without you I just can't put my heart in it," Gohan replies, "I've done more training preparing for the tournament in the last month than I have in the rest of the past seven years combined."

"You had a strong sparring partner though, didn't you?" Goku asks.

"Yeah, Goten," Gohan replies, "he shocked me when he went Super Saiyan, but I've taught him everything you taught me about being a Super Saiyan."

"So that's why he took to it so naturally," Goku says, "when did he first transform? And his technique is incredible for someone his age. Even I wasn't that good until I trained under Kami."

"Well, believe it or not mom has trained him more than I have," Gohan replies, "she made him mad one day and he went Super Saiyan and knocked her into a tree. He said she told him to never do it again and that she called him a monster."

"Yeah, she sure didn't like it when we were Super Saiyans before the Cell Games," Goku chuckles, "so how did Vegeta take Trunks being a Super Saiyan?"

"To tell the truth, I really don't know," Gohan says, "you know Vegeta would never admit anything ever surprises him. You'd have to be right there and see his face if anything ever surprised him. You should have seen his face when Mirai Trunks went Super Saiyan and defeated Frieza."

"I'll bet," Goku chuckles, "I still remember his face when you Ascended to Super Saiyan 2."

"I never saw his face then," Gohan admits, "I was a bit preoccupied."

"This match is taking too long," Goku says, "wanna just do one all out Kamehameha showdown?"

Gohan grins. "Sure dad. I want to see how strong you've truly gotten and a duel of Kamehameha's would show me how much power you've gained."

Goku brings his arms back into the position. "KA…ME…HA…."

Gohan does the same. "KA…ME…HA…."

Goku focuses his power more." ME….."

Gohan puts as much power as he can into the attack. "ME…."

Goku brings his arms forward and fires the mighty ki blast. "HA!"

Gohan does the same. "HA!"

The two blue-white ki blasts collide in the middle of the ring, pushing against each other with considerable force.

"What power," Jesse gasps, shielding his eyes.

"Incredible," Shin says, "their power truly is greater than my own."

"This just can't be," Kabito whispers in shock.

"Wow, Goku really ahs been training hard these last seven years," Krillin chuckles.

`Kakarott and the brat still surpass me in power,' Vegeta thinks angrily, `but it seems that I'm not too far off from the brats power.'

"This is insane!" Piccolo cries out, "their power is just to great to be contained within the ring!"

"They are certainly great warriors," Zarvon says as he tries to watch the match, but can't due to the blinding light of the two Kamehameha Waves.

"I've never seen anything like it," Videl whispers in shock, "absolutely nothing."

"Neither have I," Eighteen says, "I knew the Saiyans were capable of great power, but I never imagined anything like this."

"Who will win this?" Pegaro asks in awe.

"I don't know," Piccolo mutters, "but Goku is holding back. Gohan isn't as strong as he was when he fought Cell. Goku is showing more power than Gohan had then but he is holding back to make this fight interesting."

"I sense that Gohan has more power within, but he just doesn't know how to call it forth," Jesse says, "he may not even be aware that it is there. Supreme Kai, can you sense it?"

"I think he has the Mystic Power," Shin says in shock.

"No, it is similar but different," Jesse says, "this power seems to focus around pure rage. Rage incarnate is what he would be if he summoned it."

"That is the power he called forth to defeat Cell seven years ago," Piccolo says, "it draws from his anger and rage. I bet you could only sense it because he summoned it forth earlier today to defeat Spopovitch."

"Is that what happened?" Videl asks in a whisper.

"It would seem so," Jesse says, "from what I can tell of his power when compared to Goku's, he's barely at the level of an Ascendant Saiyan."

"Its true," Vegeta snarls, "somehow he gained back all the power he lost in seven years and got even stronger just by training with his brother. There is something about Kakarott's bloodline that makes them gain strength more than any other Saiyan bloodline. Even my own."

"My Prince, surely this can't be!" Zarvon exclaims, "surely no other Saiyan bloodline has as much power as the Royal Bloodline!"

"But it is so," Vegeta growls, "Kakarott's own father gained so much power over his battles that his strength surpassed even what I had when I came to this wretched planet eleven years ago."

"You're power level was at 24,000 when you arrived on Earth," Krillin remarks, "Bulma had Raditz's scouter and told us what she saw. Before it exploded, it said that Goku's power was above your own but not by much."

"It wasn't much, but it was greater than my own," Vegeta growls, "I had to use a technique Kakarott's own father invented to defeat him and then his brat and cue ball here came and saved him."

"What technique was that?" Zarvon asks.

"To create a power ball of artificial full moonlight so I could transform," Vegeta replies, "some weakling with a sword eventually cut off my tail. I still would have won if not for the brat regaining his tail and looking at the power ball I had created."

"He created a type of energy that simulated full moonlight?" Zarvon says, astounded. He hadn't known such a thing was even possible.

"Yes, it was a great technique, but it is too dangerous now," Vegeta replies, "and now it is useless. My brat and both of Kakarott's brats do not have their tails, and neither do I. You are the only Saiyan left who still has his tail Zarvon."

"How do you live without your tail?" Zarvon demands, "the shame alone should kill you."

"Zarvon, I have had my pride walked on and obliterated so many times before I came to Earth that it no longer mattered," Vegeta replies, his voice dangerous, "the only disgrace that I am now able to do anything about is gaining my rightful place as the strongest being in the universe. It seems that that goal is not too far away. I am almost as strong as Gohan is now. More training and I will finally gain my rightful place as the strongest in the universe."

"You were the strongest for a time Vegeta," Piccolo says softly, "after you exited the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with Mirai Trunks, you may very well have been the strongest in the universe. Cell was no match for you at that time. Only Mirai Trunks could have possibly been stronger. And your superior battle experience would have made you the victor in a fight with him."

"But Mirai Trunks' power surpassed Vegeta's," Krillin says, "we all felt it. Its just that trying to Ascend like you did at that time decreased your speed way too much to be a challenge to Cell."

"Mirai Trunks actually had Cell's full power beat for a time," Piccolo says, "until Cell realized how much speed he lost in the process."

Goku and Gohan were both struggling with their Kamehameha Waves. Their power levels were the highest the universe had seen since Gohan and Cell did battle.

Finally, the two warriors break off their Kamehameha Waves. Both of them were panting heavily.

The announcer was ecstatic. "Wow, both Gohan and Goku use the legendary Kamehameha Wave on each other, but their attacks counter one anothers perfectly. We are in the presence of truly great martial artists today."

"He's right you know," Goku says, panting, "you're regaining your battle sense quickly. After seeing how much you had slipped over the years I didn't expect such a contest from you, especially since I am a lot stronger than you."

"Thanks dad," Gohan pants, "your just as good as ever, if not better."

"Well, I have been measuring myself up against the greatest fighters the universe has ever seen," Goku says, "Pikkon, Olibu, and many other fighters. A lot of them Frieza wouldn't have even bee a challenge to. Pikkon beat Cell with one punch. Olibu is the strongest human who has ever lived with maybe the exception of your friend Jesse."

"He beat Cell with one punch?" Gohan gasps.

"Pikkon used one of his special techniques," Goku explains, "he has these techniques that cause his power level to skyrocket. One of them he nearly finished me with in the Otherworld Tournament, only I had seen it enough times to figure out the weakness in it."

"Dad, shall we continue?" Gohan asks, readying himself in a battle stance.

Wordlessly, Goku dashes at Gohan and launches himself into a flurry of punches and kicks. Gohan uses every reflex in his body to block each strike, but try as he might he couldn't manage a counterattack.

`He knows me too well,' Gohan thinks, `he knows my style as well as I do and knows all of its weaknesses. To beat him, I'm gonna have to do something unexpected.'

Goku continues his assault on Gohan, never letting up. Chops, punches, kicks, jabs, and uppercuts are all used, but not a single one lands.

Without warning, Gohan backflips, kicking his dad in the chin with both feet as he flips backwards. The blow knocks Goku back several feet.

Gohan uses the momentary break to launch his own attack. Punches and kicks fly at Goku, who gets pummeled until he can mount a defense.

But it was too little too late. Goku punches Gohan hard in the gut during an opening in his attack and follows it with a punch to the head. He then grabs Gohan's right arm and throws him over in a classic judo toss. Gohan lands on the edge of the ring. Goku fires a quick ki blast, which Gohan leaps into the air to avoid. But Goku had prepared exactly for this. He leaps into the air and kicks Gohan hard in the gut then hits him with a double axe handle blow to the back that knocks Gohan to the ground outside of the ring. The force of the impact creates a small crater.

"And Gohan is out of the ring!" the announcer cries out, "Goku has won the 25th Tenkaichi Budoukai. He is the first two time champion in history!"

Goku lands back on the ground so the announcer could raise his hand in victory.

"Wow, that was incredible," Videl says, "I could barely see most of the match but it had to be incredible."

"That was definitely the best match I have ever seen," Krillin says, "I've never seen Goku fight like that!"

"It was a good match," Vegeta says, "but it would have been a lot more interesting if it had been me fighting Gohan. Kakarott is a lot stronger than his brat. I'm closer to the boy's strength than his father is."

"Vegeta, did you just admit that Goku is stronger than you?" Krillin snickers.

"I've never had a problem admitting that he is stronger than me," Vegeta snarls, "it has taken me seven long years, but I am now almost as strong as Gohan. The sad thing is is that the brat isn't as strong as he was when he fought Cell."

"But he's still stronger than you?" Jesse chuckles.

"Watch it boy," Vegeta growls.

"Jesse, there is something I must ask you," Shin says.

"What is it Shin?" Jesse asks.

"Show some respect!" Kabito demands, "you are talking to the Supreme Kai. Address him by his proper title!"

"I've never been one for formalities," Jesse retorts, "now, at the present time I would rather not find out which of us is stronger so lets slide by for now. Now, what is it that you wish to ask me Shin?"

"I was wondering about what you said earlier," Shin says, "you said that you know the location of Babidi's base. Is this true?"

"Kinda," Jesse replies, scratching the back of his head, "I can sense where Dabura is. Chances are Babidi is keeping him close by to protect him until Majin Buu is released."

"And if Dabura is at a different location from Babidi?" Shin asks.

Jesse smirks. "Then he'll definitely know where the pesky little wizard is. We can make him tell us the easy way or the hard way. Personally, I'm hoping for the hard way."

"What is the easy way and the hard way?" Zarvon asks.

Jesse gives Zarvon a `Are you stupid or something?' look. "The easy way is us asking him and him telling us with no problems. The hard way is forcing it out of him, whether it is by tearing his limbs off one by one or sticking white hot needles into his spine in the spaces between his vertebrae." Videl shudders.

"How can you be so brutal?" she demands.

"Dabura is pure darkness," Jesse replies, "he is just as bad as Majin Buu, only he is likely not as strong. But he is just as dangerous, if not more so. His spit has the power to turn you into stone unless you are protected. Only Shin, Kabito, and myself are protected, though since Goku is dead he might be safe as well."

"His spit?" Krillin asks skeptically.

"Yes, his spit," Jesse replies, "no one here can hope to match him in both battle experience and power. Actually, no one here can match him in battle experience. But that doesn't matter. Experience can only go so far. Its his combination of experience and power that is dangerous."

"Is he really all that?" Vegeta snorts, "not likely. Why haven't I heard of him?"

Jesse glares at Vegeta. "Because, vegetable head, he lives on another plane of existence."

Vegeta brags Jesse by the neck and snarls ferally. "What did you say?"

Jesse looks deep into Vegeta's eyes. A small spark of light appears within his eyes. "Let me go." His voice was calm and rational.

Surprisingly, Vegeta obeys, almost mechanically. The moment he lets go of Jesse, he shakes his head as if shaking off something.

"What just happened?" he asks, confused.

"I used some minor hypnotic suggestion on you," Jesse replies, "I really don't like doing it, but you would have squeezed my head off. And I called you vegetable head. Touch me again and you'll be numb for weeks."

"Oh really?" Vegeta asks haughtily, "you said it yourself. You've not as strong as I am."

"I could give you a run for your money," Jesse says confidently, "but that matters not. We can now go to Babidi's ship and get that little punk and hopefully take him out before he can release Buu. Then taking care of Dabura will be a piece of cake."

"Chocolate or strawberry?" Gohan jokes.

"Very funny," Jesse says, "now, who's with me and the Supreme Kai and Kabito?"

"I'm in," Goku says with a Saiyan battle grin on his face, "sounds like fun."

"I'm in too," Gohan says, a Saiyan battle grin on his face.

"I'm in if Kakarott is in," Vegeta says.

"I'm in," Piccolo says, "I used to be this planets Guardian and I still try to protect it when I am able to."

"I go where my Prince goes," Zarvon says adamantly.

"What about you Pegaro?" Gohan asks, "or you Videl. Krillin? Eighteen?"

"I'm not interested in fighting if its not for money," Eighteen comments, "I'm leaving. Krillin, you can go. But don't you dare die."

"Aw, you know me babe," Krillin jokes, "you know I take care of myself."

"And you've died, what, twice?" Eighteen asks.

"Point made," Krillin chuckles grimly, "but with all these strong guys here I may not even be needed."

"You still take care of yourself," Eighteen says, walking over to Krillin and planting a small kiss on his cheek, "you don't want to leave Marron and me living alone with Roshi, do you?"

The thought of his wife and daughter living alone with his old Master turned Krillin's face white as chalk until he remembered that Eighteen could kick Roshi's ass three ways to Sunday.

"You got it babe," Krillin chuckles.

"What about you Videl?" Gohan asks.

"Sure, I'm in," Videl says, "it sounds interesting."

"And you Pegaro?" Zarvon asks, turning to the last member of the group.

"I'm afraid I'm nowhere near the level of a fighter that you need," Pegaro says glumly, "and I can't even fly. Besides, someone needs to explain this to your families."

Vegeta snorts. "If you can't fly, then you are of no use to us boy. Your not even strong enough to fly anyway."

"He's right you know," Gohan says sullenly, "you really can't help that much Pegaro. You can't help that much either Videl. You may be able to fly, but your not that strong. Chances are you wouldn't be able to take on the weakest of Babidi's henchmen from what the Supreme Kai is saying."

"Maybe so, Gohan, but I'm still going," Videl says adamantly.

Gohan sighs. "If you insist."

"Then let us go," Supreme Kai says and takes off. The Z Warriors plus friends take off after him.

"Well, I guess I'd better go and tell their family whats going on," Pegaro says. But he was wondering why he felt like a man walking to his death.

Little did the Z Warriors know that Goten and Trunks had been listening.

"So what do you say, Goten?" Trunks asks, "wanna follow them and see this monster?"

"Sure!" Goten agrees, "lets go!"

"Better not go as Super Saiyans though," Trunks says, "they'll pick us up instantly."

"So we go as normal Saiyans," Goten agrees.

The two take off, following the others at a safe distance.

There goes Chapter Seven. What do you think of the Finals? Pretty cool, huh?