Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ New Students at Orange Star High ❯ Chapter Nine - The Power of Rage ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

WARNING: Graphic violence in this chapter. Really graphic, but it was the best I could come up with.

~~

Gohan looks down at the Z Warriors without actually seeing them. His eyes were emotionless orbs of anger. The images of Jesse being impaled on Dabura's sword and that same sword harming Videl had sent him over the edge.

"And I thought Gohan was mad earlier today when Spopovitch beat me up," Videl says, taking a step back.

"Videl, Goku, Goten, you three are the only ones with a chance at reaching him," Jesse says, "Supreme Kai, think you can join me in a paralysis that will give them a chance to talk to Gohan and calm him down?"

"Do we have any other choice?" the Supreme Kai asks grimly. Jesse and the Supreme Kai both close their eyes and focus. A silver and purple aura begins to form around Gohan. He struggles to move but he can't.

"Videl, Goku, Goten," Jesse strains, "go and talk to him. You three have the best chance of reaching him. The Supreme Kai and I will try to hold him as long as we can. Kabito, if you have any psychic power whatsoever help us."

"I will try and help you as well," Piccolo says. Kabito nods and closes his eyes. Piccolo does the same. Soon, a reddish-blue aura and a sparkling white aura add to the silver and purple auras that already surrounded Gohan.

"Go on up, you three," Jesse says, the strain less apparent.

"Me?" Videl asks, pointing a finger at herself, "what makes you think I can reach him? I hardly know him."

"It's the emotional attachment he has to you," Jesse says, "you don't think he got that ticked off just because I got my innards skewered, do you? No, it was because that same sword hurt you. He probably saw that beating Spopovitch give you in his head again and that pushed him over the edge. Now go! We can't hold this up forever against a guy as strong as Gohan is right now!"

Videl, Goten, and Goku all fly up to Gohan.

Goku speaks first, talking soothingly. "Gohan, son, fight the anger. You have to fight it. If you don't, it'll overwhelm you and consume you. Who'll take care of your mom and Goten if you lose yourself to this anger?"

Goten spoke next, pleading in his voice. "Big brother, you're scaring me. Please calm down. You told me it was okay to be a Super Saiyan, even when I said mom called me a little monster. You taught me how to fly like a birdie! Please calm down big brother. I don't like seeing you like this."

Videl was last. "Gohan, look. I'm alright. So is Jesse. We're both gonna be okay. We're both gonna live. Gohan calm down, please."

"Videl," Gohan says softly, warmth beginning to return to his eyes. Gohan powers down, only to remain suspended up in the air by the paralyzation auras. Goku moves over and grabs ahold of him. He then carries the now-unconcious boy over to the awaiting group.

Vegeta watches with disdain. Once again Kakarott's brat had transcended his power.

Zarvon watches in awe. He had never imagined such power could exist.

Babidi watches with mild disinterest, waiting for Dabura to return so he could scold him in person. Shortly thereafter, Dabura walks in.

"I have half a mind to destroy you here and now," Babidi says crossly, "you have failed me, Dabura."

"Babidi, the boy had far more power than I," Dabura says, "there was nothing I could do."

"Very well," Babidi says, "we're just gonna have to figure out a way for us to get the energy that Majin Buu needs some other way."

The two villains observe the fighters in hopes of finding a weakness. It comes in the form of Vegeta, his anger rising to the surface.

"He will be a nice addition to our forces, don't you think?" Babidi asks in an innocent manner.

"Indeed," Dabura says, "and if what the boy said was true, he is just as strong as the boy that I faced."

"You mean that kid that you tossed aside and later ran through with your sword?" Babidi asks, "who is he?"

"An old foe that I thought long dead," Dabura says.

"How long has he supposed to have been dead, Dabura?" Babidi asks.

"Since the Demon Wars," Dabura replies, "he is one of those responsible for my father and myself losing in that war. He is an incredible fighter against those who wield darkness in their hearts like myself. He will also be a great threat to Majin Buu. Especially if he teaches one of those others his techniques. If he does this, then the boy I faced could destroy Majin Buu with a single blow."

"Nonsense!" Babidi retorts, "Majin Buu is invincible! There is no one in the entire universe who can come close to equaling him. I admit you are strong, Dabura, and so is this boy, but Majin Buu is invincible!"

Babidi cackles a bit and then goes to work on Vegeta, filling him with his dark magic.

Vegeta clutches his head in pain as Babidi's maguic begins to flow into him.

"Get out of my head!" he yells.

"Uh oh," Jesse mutters.

"What's going on?" Krillin asks.

"I felt the same energy emanations from Yamu and Spopovitch that I am beginning to feel from Vegeta," Jesse says, "I think Babidi is trying to take over his mind."

"He does have the necessary darkness for Babidi to take over him!" the Supreme Kai cries out, "we must help him!"

"I can do nothing," Jesse says, "my psychic powers are limited. I can use telepathy, a bit of telekinesis, and control my energy with my psychic power, but that's about it."

"Isn't there anything any of you can do?" Zarvon demands, "you're Super Saiyans, for crying out loud! Super Saiyans are supposed to be capable of anything."

"As Super Saiyans, we can do a lot, but we are still limited in what we can do," Goku says, "there is nothing that any of us can do to help Vegeta. Only he can stop Babidi's magic from taking over his mind."

"Dad, fight it!" Trunks cries out.

The fighters watch helplessly as Vegeta tries to battle the evil magic that Babidi was pouring into him. But even Vegeta's stubborn will was no match for Babidi's dark magic.

Finally, Vegeta powers down and floats to the ground. Trunks rushes over to his father's side, worried.

"Dad, did you do it?" Trunks asks hurriedly, "did you fight off the wizards magic?"

Vegeta raises his head to reveal a stylized "M" on his forehead.

"Babidi's symbol," the Supreme Kai mutters, "just like Dabura, he has fallen to Babidi's magic."

Vegeta stands up and glares at Goku. "Kakarott, we will fight now."

"No Vegeta, we don't have time," Goku replies, dead serious.

"You fool!" Vegeta shouts, "we will fight now! I will avenge my pride!"

"What is this?" Babidi asks in surprise, "I have unlocked all of the evil in his heart and increased his power, but he still has a will of his own. How can this be?"

"I do not know, Babidi," Dabura says, "but at least you do have a hold over him. Can you try for any of the others?"

"No, I cannot," Babidi says, "even the boy you were fighting does not have enough darkness in him for me to use to overwhelm the good in him. No, Vegeta is the only one I can control at all. And yet somehow he has a way to resist my commands."

"Then destroy him so they will not have a stronger ally," Dabura suggests, "besides, his death would surely hurt them."

"No, Dabura, I know these types," Babidi says, "if I kill Vegeta, they will try even harder to stop us, no matter how hurt they get in doing so. And that boy has enough power to ruin all of my carefully laid plans. So instead, I will use him to hurt the others. And while they fight, the energy they unleash will go towards releasing Majin Buu!"

Turning to his crystal globe, Babidi begins to command Vegeta. "Vegeta, destroy the boy while he is defenseless. You will obey me."

Vegeta clutches his head in pain as Babidi's voice floats through his head. "I will NOT!" Vegeta powers up. "The boy is of no concern to me. My only goal is to fight Kakarott!"

"Vegeta," Goku says softly, yet serious. He turns to face the others.

"Guys, Vegeta is more than capable of taking care of any of you while he is a Super Saiyan," Goku says, "I'll take care of him. It is me he wants, after all. And to tell the truth, I've been looking forward to a real fight with him. The tournament limited us too much. That ring out I dealt him just didn't sit well with me."

With that, Goku powers up to Super Saiyan. "Go on. One of you can take Gohan. He's worn out from transforming into a Super Saiyan 3. He'll be alright once he gets a chance to rest for a moment."

He hands Gohan to Videl. "You're the only one here who cannot fight at the levels we are about to fight at, so you will be the only one not required to fight."

"Just great," Jesse muses, "at the moment, the Namek is our strongest available fighter. I hope Dabura doesn't interfere. He's gotten a glimpse of my new fighting style, so I won't be much of a challenge to him. I'm a swordsman, not a martial artist. I prefer fighting with a sword, not my fists."

"You can still help out against Dabura," the Supreme Kai says, "you know how he thinks. How he moves, how he acts."

"I'd better," Jesse grumbles, "I've spent millennia observing his fighting style. But our best hope now is Gohan. But we can't wake him up prematurely. He needs a chance to rest, physically, emotionally, and mentally. Still, we should leave at the moment. I definitely don't want to be around when a pair of Ascendant Super Saiyans fight."

"Vegeta's not an Ascendant Super Saiyan," Piccolo says.

"Take a closer look," Jesse says, "if he's not about to Ascend, then I'll go out on a date with Erasa when all of this is over."

"Can we hold you to that bet?" Zarvon asks blandly.

"Yep," Jesse replies.

"Wanna skip the warm-up?" Goku asks Vegeta.

"Sure, why not?" Vegeta asks.

At that Goku Ascends to the second level of Super Saiyan. With a smirk, Vegeta does the same.

"Well, I guess this is gonna take longer than I thought," Goku says seriously.

"Maybe I really do have some slight precognitive abilities," Jesse muses, "or maybe I'm just really observant."

"And here I was wanting to see your face when you had to take Erasa out on a date," Zarvon chuckles. Videl chuckles as well.

"You two are evil," Jesse says with a pained look on his face, "Supreme Kai, you may lead the way."

"Would one of you please open the way for us?" the Supreme Kai asks.

Zarvon focuses some of his ki into a ball and blasts the door to the passage in the floor wide open.

"After you," he says mock-graciously. The Z Warriors float down the passage with a blushing and scowling Videl holding Gohan.

On their way down, Zarvon nudges Jesse, indicating Videl's facial expression. Seeing it, Jesse chuckles, then quickly looks away as Videl directs her scowl in his direction.

"I can sense Dabura closer now," Jesse says, "be wary. Remember the effects of his spit."

The group carries on with caution. A group of armored aliens appear.

"Babidi's henchmen," the Supreme Kai says, "think you can handle them?"

"Since the only henchman Babidi has that can increase his power level is Dabura, we can easily take these chumps down," Jesse says with a smirk. With that, he obliterates one of the henchmen with a ki blast.

Zarvon leaps into the mob of henchmen with a maniacal laugh. Krillin, Piccolo, the Supreme Kai, Goten, Trunks, and Jesse quickly join him. The seven fighters quickly dispatch Babidi's henchmen.

"I'll never be that good," Videl says as the five fighters make their way back to Videl and Kabito.

"Hey, there was a time when I wasn't much stronger than you, and I was one of the strongest people on the planet," Krillin says, "just give it time. Now, you probably won't match Piccolo, Goten, Trunks, or the Supreme Kai, but you can reach my level. Maybe even Jesse's."

"The only reason I am as strong as I am is because of my psychic abilities being meshed with my ki," Jesse says, "still, you have incredible potential, Videl. Most people take a long time to learn how to fly. From what I've observed, you didn't take very long to learn, did you?"

"How did you know any of that?" Videl asks.

"Simple observation on how well you flew at the tournament," Jesse says, "how long did it take you to do very well?"

"I was able to get off the ground my first day of flying lessons," Videls ays sheepishly.

"And you couldn't even use your ki before Gohan taught you?" Krillin asks, "now that's unheard of! Even Goku, who learned the Kamehameha Wave just by watching Master Roshi use it once when it took Roshi fifty years to perfect, didn't learn how to fly in a single day."

"Really?" Videl asks.

"Most Saiyans don't learn how to fly their first day, and we're born fighters with the ability to fly," Zarvon says, "for a human, you are exceptionally strong."

"Thanks," Videl says, blushing at the praise.

"Let's go," Kabito says, "we must hurry."

"Supreme Kai, why does Babidi need energy?" Piccolo asks, "Pui Pui said that he would take our energy for Majin Buu."

"He needs the energy to power the spell to release him," the Supreme Kai replies.

"Um, I hate to say this, but I figured out how he can get energy in this ship," Jesse says, "I noticed it during Gohan's fight with Dabura. The walls sucked up every particle of energy that was left over from each attack."

"Ingenius," the Supreme Kai says.

"If we don't hurry, Goku and Vegeta are gonna give him more than enough to ressurect Majin Buu," Jesse says, "and then with just Buu we'd be screwed. If we're not there to stop Dabura from merging with Buu, then we'll be completely screwed with no way to stop him."

"Yes, let us hurry," the Supreme Kai says.

At that moment, Gohan stirs.

"Hey guys, I think he's waking up," Videl says.

Gohan opens his eyes to see Videl holding him up.

"Um, Videl?" Gohan asks, a blush forming, "could you please let me down?"

"Sure Gohan," Videl says, dropping him. Gohan lands with an "oomph", then gets to his feet.

"What happened?" he asks.

"Piccolo, you take this one while I try to figure out the best way to get to where Babidi is keeping Majin buu," Jesse says.

"Basically kid, you got so mad at seeing Dabura run Jesse through, which was probably made worse by seeing the state he was in when Dabura showed up, as well as his sword grazing Videl, you just lost it," Piccolo says, "completely and utterly. I haven't seen you that out of it since you transformed under a full moon. Not even when you took on Frieza's third form."

"What happened after that?" Gohan asks.

"You went beyond an Ascendant Saiyan and became a Super Saiyan 3," Zarvon says, his voice filled with awe and respect.

"A Super Saiyan 3?" Gohan asks in surprise, "there's another level to Super Saiyan?"

"There may be no limit to the levels of Super Saiyan," the Supreme Kai says, "but that is not important at the moment. What is important is stopping Babidi from resurrecting Majin Buu."

Gohan looks around. "Hey, where's my dad? And Vegeta?"

"Babidi took over my dad's mind," Trunks says as tears form in his eyes, "he wouldn't listen to anyone. All he wanted to do was fight your dad."

"They both went beyond Super Saiyans and started fighting," Goten says, "Jesse made a bet with Zarvon and Videl that if Vegeta didn't Ascend he would go out on a date with someone named Eraser."

"That's Erasa," Zarvon says, "and Jesse won the bet."

"Jesse made a bet like that?" Gohan asks, raising an eyebrow, "you must have had a lot of confidence in yourself."

"It was nothing," Jesse says, "I felt how your heart was when you first became an Ascendant Super Saiyan. I felt how your heart and Goku's were when you fought at the tournament. Vegeta wasn't far behind. And you scared Dabura pretty badly. Normally, he would have fought you with all of his might because he found you to be a worthy opponent. But he tried to turn you to stone."

"How'd I escape?" Gohan asks.

"The spit hit your glove and you tore the glove off and threw it away," Zarvon answers.

"But you were really scary as a Super Saiyan 3, big brother," Goten says.

Gohan scoops Goten up. "Did I now? What did I look like?"

"You're hair got really long," Videl says, "and it looked thicker and spikier. Your muscled got bigger and bolts of lightning bigger than the ones at the form you were at sparked around you."

"And your eyebrows disappeared," Piccolo says, "all in all, you were a pretty imposing sight."

"I'll bet," Gohan muses, "what happened then?"

"Dabura turned tail and ran, leaving you alone with us," Krillin says, "if it weren't for your dad, Goten, and Videl getting through your rage, we'd all be dead by now."

"Videl?" Gohan asks.

"Yeah, they insisted I try and help," Videl says.

"I found the way," Jesse says, "Majin Buu's prison is directly beneath us."

"So how do we get there?" Zarvon asks, "blast a hole in the floor?"

"That might disturb Majin Buu and release him anyway," the Supreme Kai says.

"Got it covered," Jesse says. He raises his right hand. He shoots forth a circle of golden yellow ki energy. The energy sets into the floor and begins to spin, cutting through the floor with ease.

"Dabura is gonna be ticked," Jesse says, "Gohan, you had better try and mask your power signature. Out of all of Babidi's henchmen, he is the only one who can sense ki at all, though Babidi can sense minds. Luckily we all have disciplined enough minds for him to be unable to detect us. Well, except maybe you since you have lost much of your fighting edge."

"I'm gonna start training again when this is all over," Gohan says, "if only to shut Vegeta up. I'll even spar with him."

"First we gotta free the Saiyan Prince from Babidi's magic," the Supreme Kai says, "he may still be in full control, but if it looks like he's gonna fail, then Babidi will use the control he has over him to kill him."

"He can do that?" Trunks asks, now more worried than ever.

"He can," the Supreme Kai responds, "it is not a pretty way to die. I have seen Babidi's father, Bibidi, destroy hundreds of his own warriors because they failed him. Though Babidi is nowhere near as skilled as his father was. He's more of a brat trying to fulfill his father's dream."

"We have to help him!" Trunks says, "I know he doesn't want to fight Goten's dad. Not if it'll create a monster like Majin Buu."

"I'm afraid it's not that simple," Jesse says grimly, "at the moment, Babidi's magic is only amplifying Vegeta's own desires. He wants to fight Goku to avenge his silly pride and honor when all he is really doing it for is pride. He would have challenged Goku again after this was all over anyway. I'm sure of it. He is resisting Babidi's full control. All he has is the stuff tha tis beneficial to him. But he is still playing into Babidi's hands."

Jesse takes a look at the circle being cut in the floor. Seeing that they were almost through, Jesse pulls out a small silver orb.

"This is going to be my final battle with Dabura," Jesse says, "so I'm going to distract him while the rest of you deal with Babidi's other thugs."

With that, the silver orb creates a cocoon of light around Jesse. When is disappears, he is garbed in silver samurai armor (A/N: If you're a Ronin Warriors fan, think the Armor that Anubis wore, only without the helmet and silver in color.). Jesse draws a silver double-edged narrow bladed sword from the scabbard on his waist.

"Supreme Kai, do you recognize this?" Jesse asks.

"Is that what I think it is?" the Supreme Kai gasps.

"The legendary Silver Sword," Kabito gasps, "but it was lost thousands of years ago."

"It was lost when Dabura sealed me into Limbo," Jesse says, "but now I'm back and so is it."

"Do you honestly believe that armor can protect you from someone like Dabura?" Zarvon asks as he visually examines Jesse's armor.

"It's made of the hardest metal in the universe," Jesse replies coolly, "it should."

"It's made of kitchan?" the Supreme Kai gasps, completely surprised.

"And let me tell you, it was a pain in the posterior making this armor," Jesse says, "it took me millennia to gather enough kitchan in Limbo to make it, and then it took even longer to forge it. But that increased my stamina, endurance, and strength in doing so. Let's go."

With that, Jesse leaps onto the circle that was being cut out of the floor. His added weight snaps the tiny sliver of metal that had yet to be cut through. Upon hitting the ground on the lower floor, Jesse leaps at the surprised Dabura, roaring in absolute glee at his final battle.

Gohan, Piccolo, Goten, Trunks, Videl, the Supreme Kai, Kabito, and Zarvon all quickly follow.

"Goten, Trunks, protect Videl," Gohan orders as he turns Super Saiyan and plows through a group of Babidi's henchmen.

"Okay big brother," Gotens ays as he goes Super Saiyan.

"Got it Gohan," Trunks says as he does the same.

The fighters throw themselves into the melee. The Supreme Kai easily locates the cowering Babidi and attempts to apprehend him. But Babidi creates a barrier that the Supreme Kai could not penetrate. But Piccolo could. With a single swipe of his hand he obliterates Babidi's barrier and cleaves him in two.

Dabura summons his sword and begins a furious sword duel with Jesse. The two masters of the sword thrust, parry, slash, and cut at one another. This duel was far more vicious than the one they had had earlier by far.

But Dabura's superior strength begins to push Jesse back. Finally, he swings his sword horizontally and removes Jesse's head. The Z Warriors watch in horror as their ally's head rolls on the ground.

"Finally, he is dead!" Dabura cackles.

At that exact same moment, Majin Buu's ball reaches full energy capacity and splits open, releasing a lot of steam.

"Oh no!" Supreme Kai Kabito gasp in doubled shock, both at Jesse's death and the imminent release of Majin Buu. Videl, Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo, Goten, Trunks, and Zarvon all gasp in horror at Jesse's beheading.

"You monster!" Gohan yells as he reaches Super Saiyan 3 once again and charges at Dabura and begins to pound him mercilessly.

But the Supreme Kai and Kabito are no longer worried about Dabura. Their worst fear has come true: Majin Buu has been released.

~~

Well, how's that for a shocker? Don't worry, things work out. I hope. I'm still not clear as to what happens after this, and at 2:14 on a Saturday morning, which is exactly when I am writing this, I do not want to think about it. I hope you liked this chapter and feel free to report your anger to me about me killing Jesse.