Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ New Students at Orange Star High ❯ Chapter Twelve - The Horror of Dabuu and the Hope of Fusion ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dabuu scans the assembled Z Warriors with his eyes. They were no challenge for him now. Not even the boy. The Saiyan with immeasurable power. Dabuu grins maliciously as he eyes the only one who was close to a worthy opponent. The other boy, Jesse, was unconscious on the floor of the Lookout, almost totally drained of energy. The young Namek moves to heal the boy. Dabuu lets him, knowing that he could not turn the tide against him.

"Fuuuu sion! Ha!" Goten and Trunks perform the Fusion Dance and immediately power up to Super Saiyan 3.

"Ah, Gotenks, so nice of you to join us," Dabuu chuckles, "too bad you are no challenge for me. You are no challenge for me either, Gohan. Now, if you will all stand still, I will make your deaths quick and painless."

"I'll destroy you, Majin Buu," Gotenks declares, "I was only playing around with you before. Now I'm at my greatest. You don't stand a chance."

"Then come on," Dabuu says nonchalantly, "test your strength against my unstoppable might."

"You got it," Gotenks says and takes off, careening at Dabuu. The two Fused warriors enter into a fierce battle.

`Gotenks isn't taking this seriously,' Gohan thinks, `and he's no match for Dabuu. Even if Dabuu was merely Buu's power plus Dabura's, he far exceeds Gotenks' power. He's too strong for even me to take on. We're screwed.'

"Gohan, aren't you gonna help him?" Videl asks.

"There's not much even I can do," Gohan says, "even I don't have the power to defeat Dabuu. But if Gotenks can hurt him enough, I might stand a chance. Or at least weaken him enough for someone else to destroy him."

"But what if they get killed while fighting?" Chichi demands, "you can't let Goten die, Gohan!"

"Don't you think I know that?" Gohan snaps, surprising everyone. No one had ever heard Gohan raise his voice to his mother. No one thought he even had the courage to do it. Few people did. "But I have to think of the big picture! No one else in the entire universe has the power to stop Majin Buu! Few even had the power to stand up to Frieza ten years ago, and none had the power to stand up against Dabura. And Dabuu is even more powerful than everything any of us have ever faced combined. Cell, Frieza, Majin Buu, none of them alone holds a candle to Dabuu. We have to fight smart. And if that means that Goten and Trunks die to weaken him, then it must be done. I hate this possibly even more than you do, but they are Super Saiyans. Saiyans from Earth always rise to the occasion, no matter what."

Everyone was taken aback by Gohan's speech. Whatever training he had undergone in Otherworld had turned him to be less a child who was just being thrust into battle and more like the true warrior his father had always seen him as.

`Kid, you have definitely changed,' Piccolo thinks as he gazes at Gohan, `you're no longer the crybaby I trained so long ago. You're face, its changed, but that's not it. Its your demeanor. You are so much like your father now. You wear his colors, you have his battle expression on your face, and you know his attack. But you are still your own person. A scholar and a warrior all rolled into one. You make me proud'

Zarvon stares in awe as Gotenks and Dabuu battle one another ferociously. Dabuu's technique was flawless, and Gotenks' technique was beyond the years of either of his components. But Gotenks still lacked the attitude of a Saiyan entering a true battle that would test his abilities to their fullest. But he could not allow his travesty to continue. His Saiyan honor would not allow him to be saved by a mere child, even if he was a Super Saiyan 3. He powers up to Super Saiyan 3 himself, not realizing it consciously.

"Zarvon, don't," Goha warns softly, "you don't have the power needed to do it. You are not strong enough to beat Dabuu. Just wait. If Gotenks and I fail, you will have the power needed to stop him. Buu could regenerate perfectly unless he was totally incinerated. Dabura was mortal, for all his Demon nature. But together, while their power may be all but unstoppable, neither has an infinite well of power to draw from. Dabuu has a limited supply of power, just like us. When it is drained, he will have to rest and heal just like we would. He may be able to regenerate limbs and the like and still seem immortal, but now, to me, he's like a far more powerful version of Cell, though he doesn't have everyone's techniques."

At that moment Gotenks takes a terrible blow to the face from Dabuu, who capitalizes on his new advantage by striking relentlessly. Gotenks is soon knocked back down to the Lookout and goes right through it.

"That had to hurt," Yamcha says, wincing at the damage done to the Lookout.

Dende finishes healing Jesse. Jesse stands up and immediately raises his head to look at Dabuu.

"He's more powerful and more evil than I ever imagined," Jesse says softly, "and there is nothing I can do to stop him. Nothing any of us can do to stop him."

At that moment, Goku arrives.

"Dad!" Gohan cries out, rushing to his now-living father.

"Goku!" the others cry out, rushing over to the living hero.

"Dad, I thought your time in this world was up," Gohan says, "how did you get back?"

"The Old Kai gave his life to return my life to me," Goku explains, "that, and he gave me these."

Goku holds up the Kai Earrings.

"Dad, those look a lot like the earrings Dabura used to Fuse with Majn Buu," Gohan says.

"These are Kai Earrings," Goku explains, "using them, two warriors can Fuse. Its more powerful than the Fusion Dance, and it doesn't have to be between two equal warriors of similar size and physical ability."

"That's great dad," Gohan says, "you and I can use them and crush Dabuu."

"There's just one problem," Goku says hesitantly, "the Fusion with the earrings is permanent."

"Permanent?" Gohan gulps. He dearly loved his dad, but he couldn't fuse with him forever. Videl wouldn't like it, and he was certain that his mom wouldn't. Goten might like it though. He had always seen Gohan as a father figure anyway.

At that moment, Gotenks bursts up at Dabuu and begins battling him again.

"Is that Gotenks?" Goku asks, surprised, "wow, he's a Super Saiyan 3! Incredible!"

"Dad, what use are the earrings if the fusion is permanent?" Gohan asks, "the two who use them will be lost forever."

"We can always use the Dragon Balls to separate them," Goku replies.

"So, who's gonna Fuse?" Zarvon asks.

"The most logical choices would be Gohan and Goku," Jesse points out, "they are the strongest we got. And Gohan was far stronger than Majin Buu, and Goku was far stronger than Dabura. You would totally overwhelm Dabuu."

"And who would our next choice for Fusion be?" Chich asks, not liking the idea of Goku and Gohan Fusing.

"Well, one of us would have to be in the Fusion for it to have a chance at being strong enough to beat Dabuu," Goku points out.

"The next best choice would be Zarvon, then Piccolo, then me," Jesse says, "though I'm not sure how Fusing a living person with a dead guy would work."

"Well with the Fusion Dance it would have worked, because I could have fused with either Gohan or Vegeta," Goku says, "so logically it isn't a problem with the Kai Earrings."

"Well, my baby isn't getting his ears pierced!" Chichi says adamantly.

"No problem Chichi," Goku says, unperturbed, "they're clip ons."

He holds one of the earrings up for Chichi to inspect. "See?"

Chichi inspects the earring then scowls. "Goku, you and Gohan are not Fusing if it is permanent and that's that!"

"But we could use the Dragon Balls to separate us!" Goku whines.

"Actually, there's no telling if the Dragon Balls can unfuse us with the earrings," Gohan points out, "and besides, we need to save a wish to bring Jesse back to life since he was killed by Dabura and not Majin Buu."

"No need to waste a wish on me," Jesse says.

"Wait, we need to go to New Namek anyway if we're gonna wish Vegeta back to life," Bulma says, "we can use our second wish with Earth's Dragon Balls to get to New Namek and use their Dragon Balls to unfuse whoever uses the earrings and then bring Jesse and Vegeta back to life!"

"We don't need to use the second wish Bulma," Goku points out, "I'm alive now and I can still use the Instant Transmission even while Fused. Or at least I'm pretty sure I can."

"Um, Gotenks is getting pretty beat up up there," Krillin points out, "mind taking care of this now before he gets killed?"

"Hey, wait a minute!" Goku gasps, "Gohan, do you sense that?"

"It's Vegeta!" Gohan gasps, "but how?"

"King Yemma must have sent him to help!" Goku says excitedly, "maybe he would Fuse with one of us."

"It would have to be you or Gohan that he Fuses with for the Fusion to be strong enough," Piccolo says, "and something tells me that Vegeta already refused to do the Fusion Dance with you Goku, so I doubt he would Fuse with you if the Fusion is permanent."

"Hmm, your right," Goku says sadly, "ee even refused to Fuse with Gohan when I suggested it."

"Then what do we do?" Jesse asks, "because I seriously doubt anyone involved will be happy with a Fusion between any of you three."

"Well, it seems that Vegeta is on his way," Goku says, "but I'm really stumped on what to do."

"Um, if I'm not mistaken Gotenks it just about done now," Jesse says. Three seconds later a battered and beaten Goten and Trunks smash into the Lookout.

"Well, that went well," Zarvon mutters sarcastically.

"Jesse, how strong would you say you are compared to us?" Gohan asks, getting an idea.

"Not strong enough for a Fusion Dance with any of you, but that isn't a problem with the Kai Earrings," Jesse says thoughtfully, "but if I were to do a Fusion with anyone for it to be strong enough to beat Dabuu I would have to Fuse with Gohan. The differences in our power would even out and likely make us Dabuu's equal, with maybe a slight difference in power either making us stronger or weaker. Not that it would matter. The difference would be minute. I've seen Fusions with the Kai Earrings before. Almost underwent one myself once. Glad I didn't have too. Once someone Fuses with the Kai Earrings, even though the Fusion is known to the permanent, they can't Fuse again under any form. Except Nameks but they don't need to Fuse like that. They have their own methods. Which are, by my point of view, superior to the Kai Earring Fusion. At least then you don't have the creepy double-voice."

Zarvon chuckles at that. "That double-voice Gotenks has is pretty creepy."

"Imagine being around ten people with voices like that?" Jesse says, "some of them naturally that way."

Pegaro's spine shivers at the thought of such a thing.

"So, if all else fails Jesse and I will Fuse?" Gohan asks.

"Let's see what Vegeta thinks first," Jesse says, "I'd really rather not Fuse unless its necessary. There's no telling what a Fusion between a dead guy and a living person will do. Nothing like it has ever happened before. Maybe Vegeta will actually consent to do the Fusion Dance with Goku. After all, as long as Goku doesn't go Super Saiyan 3, his power level and Vegeta's are pretty much identical. And since Vegeta is a really experienced fighter, he can probably do the Fusion Dance perfectly if he wants to without practice."

"So we just have to wait for Vegeta?" Krillin asks skeptically.

"Yep," Jesse says.

"Okay, so how do we keep Dabuu busy while we wait for him?" Krillin demands.

"Since Dabuu's personality is mostly Dabura's, but with the twisted nature of Majin Buu, he'd just love to torture me," Jesse says grimly, "and that is exactly what he's about to have a chance to do."

With that, Jesse raises his arms and begins gathering energy. Energy from all over the planet comes to him much as if he was forming a Spirit Bomb.

"Jesse, you know how to do the Spirit Bomb?" Goku asks incredulously.

After the energy is gathered, Jesse shakes his head. "Kinda. This is a spin off of that technique. You're about to see the two trademark techniques of the North Kai merged. Spirit Aura!"

With that, a strange aura forms around Jesse. His power level shoots up incredibly high, but there seems to be a purity in it not seen before. Purity like the energy of a Spirit Bomb.

"You want me Dabuu, come and get me!" Jesse yells as he blasts off and rams into Dabuu. The moment they make contact Dabuu's skin smokes where Jesse had touched him.

"Incredible!" Piccolo gapes, "he's formed an aura around him that works just like the Spirit Bomb. Its like he's sheathed in some sort of anti-evil barrier that might even make up for his lack of power when fighting Dabuu."

"If he could teach you or me that technique dad we might not need the Fusion," Gohan says.

"I think going Super Saiyan 3 would ruin the effects of that technique," Goku says, "remember, it takes rage to transform into a Super Saiyan or an Ascended Super Saiyan and you have to be able to become a regular Super Saiyan to even have a chance at going level 3. The rage would offset that technique. It might work for you though. Or maybe Piccolo. Namek's are benign anyway. Piccolo was the lone exception, and that merely turned out to be temporary."

"Not temporary Goku," Piccolo says, "its just that things changed."

"Wow, Jesse's really going at it with Dabuu," Pegaro says as he watches the fight, "though it seems like he's wearing himself out."

"Dende, can you heal Goten and Trunks?" Gohan asks. The young Namekian Guardian was already healing the young Super Saiyans.

"Hey look, there's Vegeta!" Zarvon cries out as he spots his prince arriving at the Lookout."

Vegeta lands on the Lookout. "Kakarott, what are you doing here?" Vegeta demands, "and where's you're halo?"

"An Old Kai gave his life to give me mine back so I could come and help," Goku says seriously, "Vegeta, Dabura and Majin Buu have Fused to become Dabuu. Unfortunately, the way they have Fused is permanent. We might be able to split them up with the Dragon Balls, but we don't have time."

Everyone else looks at Goku, stunned. Not a single one of them had even thought of trying to get the Dragon balls together to use a wish to split Dabuu back into Majin Buu and Dabura. Despite his naïve appearance, Goku really wasn't stupid.

"So what are we gonna do Kakarott?" Vegeta demands.

"Well, you and I could perform the Fusion Dance and our combined power would enable us to trash Dabuu," Goku says, "when Goten and Trunks Fuse into Gotenks, their power is equal to mine or yours at any level."

"What about the brat?" Vegeta demands, indicating Gohan, "what about him? Why don't you do the Fusion Dance with him?"

"Because I've gotten a lot stronger," Gohan explains, "my power is second only to Dabuu's. Majin Buu was even less to me than Cell was seven years ago. But now that he and Dabura have Fused, their power is way too much."

"Come on Vegeta, we need your help," Goku pleads.

"Kakarott, I still refuse to do that idiotic dance with you," Vegeta snaps, "its humiliating. I refuse to have anything to do with you!"

Goku was thoroughly surprised. "What? Why?"

"You allowed me to believe that I could beat you!" Vegeta yells, hesitating at the last two words, "Kakarott, I know your little secret. I know all about you being able to go Super Saiyan 3."

"But I couldn't hold it for very long, it was too draining when I was dead," Goku whimpers.

"It doesn't matter!" Vegeta roars, "just a few seconds as a Super Saiyan 3 would have enabled you to crush me like a bug!"

"Vegeta, you didn't seem too upset when Gohan went Super Saiyan 3," Goku says.

"Tha tis because I've gotten used to the brat surpassing me," Vegeta snarls, "he has a special power. No amount of training can compete with that. But you. Power may come more naturally to you than it does to me, and you may have a gift that far exceeds my own, but you I can beat. You are the only one I want to beat. And I want to beat you in fair and honest combat."

"Vegeta, work with Goku!" Bulma yells, "quite being so pig-headed!"

"Quiet woman!" Vegeta yells, "this is between me and Kakarott! Time and again he has destroyed my pride. You have said that I am the prince of a dead race, and this is true. I only cling to that because it is the only true tie to my past that I can allow myself or the years under Frieza would have broken me. I refuse to work with Kakarott. Ever."

"Vegeta, I'm sorry if I hurt your pride," Goku says seriously, "but is this really the time to argue about it? Are you really willing to risk the lives of your son and Bulma just to salve your ego?"

Vegeta glares at Goku. `Curse him, he's right. There is no honor in refusing to help. But that dance is so humiliating.'

"All right Kakarott," Vegeta says, his voice bristling with hostility towards the younger Saiyan, "but must we do that dance?"

"We can Fuse with these earrings, but it might be permanent," Goku says, showing the prince the Kai Earrings, "but there is a good chance that the Dragon Balls can split a person Fused in this matter back into its original parts."

"Join with you permanently?" Vegeta demands, eyes filled with rage, "never!"

At that moment Jesse is knocked down into the Lookout, battered and beaten.

"Vegeta, unless you want to risk being Fused forever, the Fusion Dance is the only way," Goku says calmly, "it only lasts for thirty minutes. After that we will split apart. If Goten and Trunks became as strong as we are by Fusing, then think of how powerful we'll become when we Fuse."

"All right clown, I'll do it," Vegeta says, "I'll do that idiotic dance with you."

"Right, now lets go to our max," Goku says, powering up to an Ascendant Super Saiyan. Vegeta does the same. It doesn't take them long to even out their power levels. Vegeta's power level was just slightly higher than Goku's but not obviously so.

"Fuuu," the two Saiyans begin as they move in perfect unison. Apparently Vegeta remembered the Dance from when Goku had demonstrated it to him.

"Sion!" The two Ascendant Super Saiyans move in sharp and perfect harmony.

"Haaaa!" A flash of blinding light erupts from the two Saiyans as the power of the Fusion Dance takes effect.

Dabuu looks down in amusement as he sees someone else try the Fusion Dance. He didn't immediately recognize who the two Fusing were, but he was confident that he could crush their Fusion. After all, he was the supreme being in all the universe. The most powerful being to ever live.

As the light fades, instead of two Ascendant Super Saiyans a single Ascendant Super Saiyan stands. His outfit was exactly like Gotenks, but it was of a darker color. The Fused Ascendant Super Saiyan mostly had Goku's looks, but that was a slightly roughness to his features that was obviously part Vegeta.

"Dabuu, your time is up!" the new Fused Warrior declares with his eerie double-voice, "I am Gogeta and you don't stand a chance against me."

"We shall see about that, Saiyan," Dabuu growls, making Saiyan into a severe insult, "you Saiyans are nothing more than monkey's."

"Dabuu, you'll pay for what you've done," Gogeta says, "I'll make sure of it."

~~~

Will Gogeta be strong enough to take out Dabuu? Probably.Will he have enough time to destroy Dabuu? Maybe. Will Hercule show up and save the day? Not a chance. Will Gohan and Jesse have to use the Kai Earrings to Fuse after Dende heals Jesse if Gogeta fails? Only if Gogeta fails.

Stay tuned. The next chapter will really knock your socks off. And, as always, please review. I want to know what my readers think.