Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ New Surprises ❯ The first surprise O.0 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Saradina walked wide eyed though the beautiful and spacious hallway. Light crept in from the large windowpane behind her. Making the space seem all the more airy and inviting. It was a long hallway, indicating how large the house truly was.

The hallway gave way to the kitchen and dinning room. The kitchen was huge even for saiy-jin standards with a large walk in freezer and massive stove. One could feed an army from this kitchen alone.

The cabinets were made of wood, as was the earths custom. She found that strange for she had never seen these things made from anything other than metal. It was not unpleasant though. In fact in was nice. The wood fairly glowed with splendor and had a wonderful thick and rich smell. The wood, she later would learn to be called oak, was stained a dark brown so that one could see the grain and the patterns. Small silver handles decorated each door. Adding to the elaborate look of the wood.

The counter top was of a stunning marble stone. Black and white swirled together matching perfectly the patterns in the wood. She ran her fingers lightly of the cool smooth surface.

Saiy-jins had very little use for beauty. If she had been any other Saiy-jin this kitchen would have been considered inefficient. Even if it worked as well or better than any other, all the time and effort in making it beautiful would have been seen as wasted energy.

However Saradina wasn't like other Saiy-jins.

Only a large countertop island separated the dinning room.

White floor tiles gave way to thick lush carpet. It was a dark green and very comfortable. She was tempted to take off her boots and test that softness.

The dinning room table like the kitchen appliances was extremely overlarge. It had been made form the same wood as the cabinets, and thus matched perfectly. On the sides of the table where detailed carvings. She had been told they told a story. But of what she wasn't sure. She could make nothing from the elaborately carved men and monsters.

There were a total of 10 chairs around the table. Each heavily made with their own carvings and story.

On the walls hung pictures of men and woman. She recognized some. Others she guessed she would meet soon enough.

There was a door in the dinning room, a large glass one.

Saradina walked out that door onto the back porch. The smell of freshly cut pine and paint twicked her nose. It was strong enough that she would bet that even humans could smell it. However like the smell of the kitchen it was strangely pleasant.

The back porch was more of an outdoor lounging area. It was screened in so the bugs wouldn't bother anyone wanting to be outside. There were several large and plush lawn furniture and a few small wicker tables.

From here the view was wonderful, as the designers of the house had planed.

The house itself was seated up top a hill. Not a very large or steep one, but high enough to see the surrounding countryside.

The grass was cut and well tended. As were the new trees with the earth still brown around them. There were a few flowers and shrubs but not many. Just enough to keep the landscape from being bland.

And at the bottom of the hill was the river. It was a calm and clear one. At one far side there were tiny ripples, the land bridged out quite far at that point. The ground had little plants by the river thus making it bare and brown. For this area not really ground as in soil but rocks. Large flat stone; rocks that melted together making it look as if the riverbed was one huge slab.

On the other side of the river the shallows gave way to the deep in. Here it calm, dark and cold. Here was were the big fish swam.

Saradina sighed. These humans had no idea how much of a good thing they had.

This earth was beautiful.

Saradina made her way back into the house.

Everything was so new and different. It would take time to adjust.

Why only two days ago she had been near death and alone. Now she had a love, and the friendship of his many friends and family. It was strange really how fast everyone was accepting her. Of course humans were strange that way…and she was used to Saiy-jin ways. Maybe this was normal for humans.

Saradina smiled brightly as she entered the living room. Bulma was sitting in a brightly colored sofa waiting patiently with a smug look on her face.

Bulma: Well what do you think?

Saradina shook her head.

Saradina: Your house is very beautiful.

Bulma: Oh it ain't my house…I hope you two lovebirds enjoy it.

Saradina's eyes widened in shock.

Was Bulma giving this…to her and Goku? Surely she had heard wrong. This was too much. This house was amazing.

Saradina: But Bulma…

Bulma: No buts!! Goku deserves it and from what I hear so do you!

Bulma narrowed her eyes dangerously in such a way that Saradina instantly backed off.

Bulma's smug look returned. Having Goku as a friend, and later Vegeta as a mate had taught her a thing or to about Saiy-jins. She had refined `the look' to the point that even Vegeta would cringe and withdraw from a fight. It was nice to know it worked on other Saiy-jins as well.

Bulma: Besides it'll be nice to have Goku close by. If left to his own that recluse would probably go back to the mountains.

Bulma looked at her watch.

Bulma: OH! We better go if we want to arrive in time for the party.

Bulma stood up happily and stretched. She was feeling very smug and contented today.

Only two days had pasted since the universe had almost ended; yet everything seemed to be fitting almost perfectly into place.

Vegeta had returned stronger than ever…and for once stronger than Goku. He was very happy about that. Oh was he happy…more like egotistic! The man was almost impossible. Bulma however was letting him have his day. He had after all beaten that shrike monster.

Trunks was engaged and obviously in love.

Goku was the same.

Strange, she found it hard to imagine Goku with anyone but Ch-Chi. Not that she minded one bit. Goku had paid his due and mourned more than enough for his dead wife. Chi-Chi should be touched. Bulma knew she would be if her mate had been though hell and back all for her. But then again, the young saiy-jin seemed to fit Goku almost as if they were born for each other.

Goku had loved Chi-Chi. Perhaps more than Bulma could understand; yet he hadn't been entirely happy. Chi-Chi and Goku were just too different with different goals in life and how life should be lived.

Saradina made him happy.

Bulma sighed as she grabbed her purse.

The whole thing was rather romantic.

Saradina walked ahead of Bulma heading toward…the…sky car (?) or whatever she called it. That was one thing about the earth. She couldn't fly herself where she wanted to go. People became frightened and freaked out if she flew in sight.

She waited for Bulma beside the vehicle. Bulma chatted to her about her company and other odds and ends but Saradina found herself becoming unfocused. It took her nearly a full moment to realize something was wrong…well not really wrong, just out of place.

Saradina stiffened as her warrior eyes scanned to area. What was wrong…

She sniffed the air…there it was! It was a scent. It was familiar, she should know that scent. She did know that scent! But were was it coming from?

Saradina sniffed again. The scent was close…but faint. It was covered, err masked by another scent. That was why she didn't recognize it right away.

Slowly Saradina eyes widened in shock as she turned toward Bulma.

She knew that scent, and knew what it meant!

Pan carefully unloaded the last of the dishes onto the table. Beside her Ubuu tried to find a place for a steaming pan of baked beans. He looked around helplessly at the already cramped table, as he held on with sheer will alone to the hot dish.

Chuckling evilly Pan moved a plate over clearing a place for the rogue beans. Ubuu shot her a look. She ignored him.

Pan: There I think that's it.

Ubuu: it better be it. You couldn't fit a chocolate grasshopper on this table.

Pan crossed her eyes and stuck out her tongue.

Pan: EWWW

She never could understand Ubuu's love of turning small creepy crawlers into eatable chocolate. That was just plain gross.

Ubuu: so when's everyone suppose to be here?

Pan checked her watch. It was a little past three.

Pan: Any time now would be my guess. You know Grandpa is about food.

Ubuu: Good food good company. What more do you need in life?

Pan rolled her eyes.

Pan: Stop being philosophical, it's annoying.

Ubuu: Yes Ma'am.

She pushed her way past Ubuu. She had to check up on the turkey.

Once in the kitchen she sighed. The place was a disaster waiting to happen. All over the counters were food dishes, pies, puddings and other deserts. Pan shook her head. Nothing she could do about it. The absolute worst that could happen was a food fight. OH Kami forbid!!

Pan opened the oven and peeked at the turkey. It was just about ready.

Standing up she smoothed out the wrinkles in her skirt. She was nervous.

This was the first time in a very long time that everyone had gotten together. Pan tried to think back. The last reunion of the Z-fighters that she could remember happened when she was 4 years old. They had had a party before the tournament.

That was way to long ago. Bulma had warned her when it was decided to have the party at her house about the fighter's quirks. To quote her Bulma called them `a bunch of rotten heathens!'

She expected a good turnout. Mentally she started counting down all the people expected.

All of the Son family was coming. Bulma was bringing Saradina, and Vegeta Sky. Trunks was bringing his new fiancé and their children. (just theirs and not the entire horde) Vegeta Jr. said he might come but it was doubtful. 18 and Killian, Marilyn and her boyfriend…Bra and Del and kids were coming.

Pan groaned…that might cause a slight problem. Bra's son Goku had yet to even see his real father. This party was going to be the first that the two would be in the same room. Pan hoped everyone acted like adults.

Tein and Chazue were coming, as was Yamcha. Hell even Piccolo had said he would turn up.

Everyone was excited because Goku and Saradina had promised to tell their story.

Pan sighed. Just from looking at the two she could tell it would be very romantic.

Pan wondered slightly if she should be annoyed. After all her soon to be new grandmother was about the same age as she was.

Pan: Saiy-jins (sigh)

She wouldn't bother with it. From what she could see Saradina was a wonderful woman. A true Saiy-jin and fighter, and that would make Grandpa happy. And that was one thing Pan wanted above all else. For her Grandfather to be happy.

Grabbing some oven gloves off the counter Pan stuck her head into the oven. Being very careful she set the Turkey and its container by the sink.

Ubuu poked his head into the kitchen.

Ubuu: Hey Pan. Yamcha is here.

Pan smiled brightly and left the turkey. It would need another coat of glaze before it was served but that could wait. She hadn't seen Yamcha in years.

Ubuu was already outside shaking hands with Yamcha. Pan ran forward and surprised him with a huge hug. Standing back Pan looked up at the tall and still handsome Yamcha. He looked just like she remembered. Little had changed except maybe a gray hair or two. Even at the age of 70 he didn't look older than maybe mid 30's. He had cut his hair short again as was the style. He was wearing an expensive looking suit complete with tie.

Pan: Wow Yamcha you look great. You'll have to teach me how to stay as young looking as you!

Yamcha blushed and laughed.

Yamcha: Nothing to it. Just get into Bulma's secret stash of youth formula.

This time they all laughed.

The media, well mostly the tabloids had this crazy idea that Bulma had found a way to reverse aging. Of course that made sense they would think that. Especially after Vegeta managed to make Bulma 30 years old again. Then add Yamcha, Vegeta's, Goku's, Trunks, Goten's and 18's (all good friends of the genius mind you) continued good youthful looks and people started thinking. They had no idea that the truth was far stranger than any formula.

Pan: Well come on in. Dinners almost ready…you might want to secure a place before the Saiy-jins show up.

Yamcha nodded and followed the couple back into the house.

Not long afterward people started to show.

First came Killian and his wife.

Vegeta and Sky

Tien, Chalzu, Trunks and his family arrived at the same time.

Goten and Paris (they looked like they had had an argument on the way)

Bulma and Saradina. It may have been her imagination but Bulma looked extremely nervous. (?)

Goku arrived at some point and instantly started to destroy the food.

Even the other Saiy-jins had trouble keeping up with him.

Bra arrived and said that Del was on his way. Apparently the kids thought it would be fun to have a soft drink fight in the back of the air car. Del had to stop and buy them all new outfits.

Pan finally was able to sit down herself. Everyone else was taken care of and attacking their food.

She just happened to sit beside Bulma. Who still seemed a little out of it.

Pan: Man Bulma I don't see how you did it.

She was referring to how in the past Bulma always held the parties.

Bulma: Ah its nothing. I do live with a Saiy-jin after all. You may be part saiy-jin but you don't eat like one.

Pan laughed. That was true. While she ate more than a normal human would she still was unable to put down as much food as her grandfather…or even her father for that matter.

Pan blinked as Bulma nervously shoved food around her plate. She had hardly eaten anything.

Pan: Bulma? Are you OK?

Bulma looked up and smiled. She flirted her hand in front of her face in a nervous gesture.

Bulma: Of course I am. I was just thinking about something someone said earlier today.

Pan: What did they said?

She shrugged and took a small bit. She chewed thoughtfully before answering.

Bulma: Oh it's nothing really.

She was obviously trying to make herself look normal. Pan could see this, and could tell she wanted to drop the subject. However Pan wasn't going to let her.

Pan: if it was nothing you won't be worried about it.

Bulma: I'm not worried!

She lowered her voice so only Pan could hear.

Bulma: I'm just wondering how Vegeta will feel about it?

Pan blinked confused. What would Vegeta care about that would bother Bulma?

Bulma took a deep breath and stood up. Pan craned her neck to look up at her still confused.

Bulma: I have an announcement!!

Those closest to her covered their ears from her near scream. However it had gotten the job done. Everyone had stopped eating and talking…even Goku. Although he still had a turkey leg in one hand.

Bulma: I was told something today. Something important. I figure this is as good time as any to come clean.

Yamcha: What's up Bulma?

Several muttered in agreement. They were curious.

Bulma: Actually Saradina was the one to bring it to my attention. Now that I think about it I don't know why I didn't realize it.

Vegeta: What are you talking about WOMAN!

Saradina: Nehmen das luftzug Vegeta.

Vegeta blinked at Saradina. What she had said in Saiy-jin was `take a whiff Vegeta'.

Slowly he stood up. Everyone was quiet; the air had a slightly amused yet tense feel to it.

Vegeta walked over to his mate and sniffed as Saradina had suggested.

Vegeta: All I smell is her perfume. Too much as usual!! Damn stuff makes it hard to smell anything!

Bulma smirked almost evilly and crossed her arms.

He sniffed again.

Vegeta: But now that you mention it. There is something else. Something familiar?

Someone muttered in confusion of what was going on. Another wondered as well.

Suddenly Vegeta screamed!

That in itself was strange enough to pause. But the absolute horror in his eyes and the way he was backing up in fear from Bulma made everyone stare in shock.

Vegeta: NO of Kami NO! I know that smell! NO!!

Killian: Bulma?

Suddenly Goku's voice rose over Vegeta's screams of denial.

Goku: Bulma's Pregnant