Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Night Prowler Addition ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3

Vegeta landed in the middle of the forest next to the old tree he concealed his extra clothes in. He had no intention of going hunting during the daylight hours, but it was simply a matter of routine that brought him here.

He sat at the base of the tree and covered his face with his hands. They were still shaking slightly with barely controlled lust of flesh. The vision of his dream was still so fresh he could almost taste the tang of blood on his tongue. The sight of Bulma’s luscious arm still burned onto the inside of his eyelids.

A growling noise startled him and he jerked his head up, scanning the area for the source. It wasn’t until it sounded again that he realized it was his own stomach.

“Damn!” he cursed and got to his feet. He knew what he was hungry for, but resisted the urge to head to town. He would just have to make do until nightfall.

It didn’t take long to find a herd of dinosaurs grazing a few miles away. One well placed blast took out one of the smaller ones while the others stampeded to safety. Vegeta quickly flew down and started to feast while the body was still warm.

He wasn’t even finished with the first leg when a grimace spread over his face. He spit out the partially chewed meat in his mouth and let the piece in his hand drop to the ground. It landed in a puddle of blood, splashing red dots onto his white boots.

Vegeta knew this wouldn’t work. It wasn’t what he wanted. What he needed. His addiction wasn’t anything as simple as blood lust. If that were the case, he could simply drink the blood of his prey, leaving them weak, yet alive. But he wasn’t what the Earth legends called a vampire. It was more complicated than that.

As he walked back toward his hollow tree, Vegeta’s stomach protested again. Balling one hand into a tight fist, he punched himself in the gut, replacing hunger with pain. At least for a little while. It would at least get him back home with some sanity left. Then he would lock himself away in the gravity chamber. Until nightfall.

~~~~~~~~~~

A solitary figure floated high above the forest, careful to keep his energy levels suppressed. He made sure he stayed positioned so that if the man below happened to look up, he would be concealed in the blinding rays of the sun.

The man he had been watching for the last week looked particularly vulnerable today in the harshness of the bright daylight. There was nothing more he wanted to do than to soar down on top of him, descending on him like an owl on a mouse. But owls only hunted by night. And so he, too, would wait. Tonight would be the night.