Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Night Prowler Addition ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5

“What did you say to Trunks?!” Bulma demanded before Vegeta even closed the door behind him. “He’s terrified to come out of his bedroom!”

“Well YOU shouldn’t have let him in MY training room!” he countered.

“YOUR training room? I helped design it!”

Vegeta growled and left the room, not in the mood to argue. But Bulma wasn’t ready to give up until she got a straight answer. She followed him all the way up to their bedroom, talking to his back.

“Trunks is Saiyan too, if you hadn’t noticed! He’s stronger than any boy his age, so it’s too dangerous to let him play with them. The only other kids that could keep up with him are Gohan and Goten. But Gohan is always studying and Goten is only three. I’ve tried to talk him out of it, he wants to be a fighter like you. He wants to train. He wants to get stronger. But he has to do it all by himself.”

Vegeta spun around to face his wife. His head already ached, and her constant prattling in his ear wasn’t helping. “Get to the point, woman!”

“Train Trunks.”

Vegeta’s eyebrows drew together as his eyes narrowed in confusion. “What?”

“He’s your son, Vegeta,” Bulma sighed. “As much as I’d like to force him to study like Gohan, I know that isn’t going to happen. He so desperately wants to be like you. Spend time with you. Train him, Vegeta. Let him show you what he’s accomplished already. I think you’d be surprised.”

Vegeta thought about what nearly happened in the gravity chamber. If he was forced to spend any amount of time locked in the same room with him, he was sure to snap!

“Forget it, woman! He’s just a weak, little brat!”

He threw open the window to make his escape. At least the sun was nearly touching the horizon. He wouldn’t have much longer to wait.

“Just keep him the hell away from me,” he said over his shoulder as he took off, thankful she didn’t know how to fly.

~~~~~~~~~~

The mouse was already scurrying across the field. The owl was glad he decided to begin his stalking earlier than originally planned. Although the stars were just beginning to appear in the deepening dusk sky, he had a feeling he would be seeing some action before it got completely dark.

Since he had been watching the mouse closely, he knew where he was headed. It was simply a matter of getting there before him to set the trap. Keeping to the cover of the trees, the owl flew into position, flexing his claws for the strike.