Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Night Prowler ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1

"Vegeta, where do you disappear to all the time?" Bulma yawned as her husband slid beneath the sheets next to her.

"Does it matter?" He settled himself on his back with his hands behind his head and stared up at the patterns on the ceiling from the early morning sunlight leaking through the window blinds.

"Maybe not," she murmured, snuggling closer to Vegeta's body heat. He looked down at her, bracing himself for a complete interrogation, but she was already slipping back into sleep.

Vegeta sighed contentedly and smiled up at the ceiling. As his eyes closed, his tongue darted out and licked at the corners of his mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~

"You don't think he's having an affair, do you?" Chi Chi asked over her cup of tea.

"Vegeta?! Not a chance!" Bulma insisted with a laugh.

The two women had just finished a fruitful day of shopping and were resting their tired feet under the palm trees outside a cafe. Boxes and bags surrounded their table proclaiming their victories. The sun was nearing the horizon, but neither were ready to return home yet.

"But you said he always returns in a better mood," Chi Chi reminded her. "Doesn't that sound fishy to you?"

Bulma considered the possibility as she took a sip of the hot liquid in her cup. Then she resolutely shook her head.

"I’m sure I would be able to tell if he had been with another woman."

"Can you smell any perfume on him or his clothes?" Chi Chi asked, not willing to drop the subject once she had her mind set on it. "Or have you noticed any lipstick marks that weren't yours?"

"No," Bulma answered, thinking back to the last few times Vegeta had done his disappearing act. "He doesn't smell like perfume, but . . ."

"But what?" Chi Chi demanded, on the edge of her seat.

"I have smelled something I just can't place. And there was a spot on his shirt once."

"Lipstick?"   "No . . ." Bulma trailed off, not knowing how to explain it. "It wasn't oily like lipstick. It was almost like an ink stain or something."

"Ink?" Chi Chi said, surprised.

"That's kind of what it looked like. But when I asked him about it, he said he didn't know how it got there."

"Typical!" Chi Chi set her cup down nearly hard enough to break the delicate China plate. "Mark my words, Bulma! Vegeta is up to no good!"