Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Night Prowler ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3

Bulma shook her head as she sat up in bed, pretending to read a magazine when she was actually waiting for Vegeta. Chi Chi had to be wrong. The idea of Vegeta having an affair was completely crazy! If he were seeing another woman, he would be more distant when he got back . . . not more attentive. Wouldn't he?

He had been going out on his night excursions once a week since that first episode. Each time before he left, he would look tired and withdrawn. Each time he returned, he was . . . well . . . rejuvenated.

She thought again about whether or not she should question him further about his nights. He never seemed to want to talk about it when she mentioned it before, but she could be very persuasive when she wanted to be. The questions was . . . did she really want to know the truth? What would she do if she didn't like the answer she would surely have to drag out of him?

Vegeta was restless again. He had come in from training, but began pacing back and forth in the hallway outside their bedroom. His head was lowered as if he were either deep in thought or deeply troubled by something. Every now and then, he would shoot a quick glance Bulma's way.

She knew he would end up tossing and turning all night . . . and that tomorrow night he would pull another disappearing act. Should she press him for answers tonight? Tomorrow? When he returned?

Or should she forget the whole thing and trust her husband?

When Vegeta finally came to bed hours later, Bulma pretended to be asleep. She waited until his breathing deepened and she felt him relax. Then she rose up on one elbow and studied him. His brow was furrowed and there was a twitch in his jaw muscle. He looked like he was in physical pain.

Bulma chewed her bottom lip as she worried. Careful not to bother him, she gently touched his forehead, expecting it to be feverish. It was cold! Cold and clammy! She snapped her hand back as if she had just been bitten. What was wrong with Vegeta?