Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ No Return ❯ No Return ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Title: No return

Author: J'dee

Rating: G = General

Genre: Angst / Drama

Author's note: I write this a poem, with a Dragonball theme the night before my mother's operation. It's about the loss or the close feeling of the deciding moment of one's life.

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragonball / Z / GT

No Return

She trusts the doctors with her life, if only her children could feel that way. One world, one life, one fate, a world with no fate but what you make.

Her son will be at work when the operation starts. Her daughter sitting at home unable to move, unable to think, unable to hide her fear and doom.

An arguable husband off on his own. He wants no one to feel or see his pain.

Where is her prince so bright? Where is her future in the dark or the light?

The fear of a family separated by the impending doubt. Her faith in the doctors lies strong. But her family has their doubts.

The signing of the paper, the agreement that takes all liability away from the operation room's possibility. Doctor's gloves, white or blue, the stretcher bed rolls towards THAT room.

Friends can do nothing, but sit and wait. To live or die that is her fate.

The clock on the wall ticks, as they all sit and watch the time slowly move by. Each second feels like a long hour.

The waiting room filled up with those who care, the son walking in ignoring the female's adoring stares, followed close by his sister who is like her mother fair. They look to the gatherers and they say their prayers.

More time moves by. Nervous, unsure, hope filled with doubt.

A husband, her prince shows his face, moments before doctors pass through the numerous operation gates.

The daughter worried clings to her father, he holds her close, she is his princess some one he holds dear. The son stands tall a hand placed on his shoulder, his best friend gives him an encouraging smile just as the doors open.

The doctor clears his throat; no return now, the moment is near.