Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Of Princesses and Tiaras ❯ Of Princesses and Tiaras ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Of Princesses and Tiaras
Author: blue_crystal_9 (aka Janelle)
Rating: T (Teen)
Characters/Pairing: Bulla, Vegeta, Trunks, Bulma. Bulma/Vegeta.
Warnings: Nothing much, except for some swearing. And possible insaneness and OOC-ness. Oh, and this was very quickly edited as it had to be finished in a very short amount of time, so I apologize if there are any mistakes I missed.
Summary: Bulma leaves seven year old Bulla with Vegeta for a few hours, and insane things arise. Takes place sometime around the end of Dragon Ball Z. Oneshot.
Author's Note: This is my pathetic attempt at humor. :\ This fic is for my very good friend Chelsea for her birthday. Basically, this idea arose while we were watching TV. The commercial for the Kraft Cheese Singles came on (the one with the little girl and her dad playing “princesses”) and I started thinking about how funny it would be if Bulla made Vegeta do that. I told Chelsea that, and of course we pretty much dissolved into giggles over it. And then she said, “Someone needs to write a fic about that!” So hence, I told her I'd write it for her birthday. I used a bit of the dialogue from the commercial, except I reworded it and everything. Um, this is probably the weirdest thing I've ever written. And Vegeta's probably out of character in some parts, but I tried as hard as could to keep him in character. I'm going to go hide now. -lol- Also, this is not the first fanfic I've written, and it's not the first DBZ fic I've written either. It's just the first DBZ fic I've posted, as I am an extreme procrastinator. I've posted fics for other fandoms on other sites, but this is my first time posting here. So, hey everyone! ;) I've lurked here for several months, and decided I should contribute something. :) …Even if it's fairly insane.
Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the characters associated with it, nor do I own the Kraft Singles commercial. Akira Toriyama, Toei Animation and FUNimation Entertainment own Dragon Ball Z, and Kraft Foods own Kraft Singles. I am not gaining any profit or the like from writing this. I just borrowed both for entertainment purposes, as torturing Vegeta is highly amusing. ;)
 
 
Of Princesses and Tiaras
 
 
“Vegeta, I'm going to my meeting now!” Bulma called over her shoulder as she rummaged through the mess on the kitchen counter for her keys. “Trunks is at a meeting as well, so I need you to watch Bulla.”
 
There came a noncommittal grunt from the kitchen table where Vegeta was currently stuffing his face with food.
 
“You just need to give her supper, and I should be back around eight or nine. Trunks will probably be back earlier, around seven or so.”
 
“Whatever, woman. It's not like I haven't taken care of the child before. Stop pestering me.”
 
Bulma rolled her eyes at him. “Fine. Bye.” She grabbed her purse and left through the kitchen door.
 
Vegeta was only left in peace for a few moments before the other blue haired vixen in his life interrupted him. Bulla skipped into the kitchen, and stopped abruptly across from her father. “Daddy, I'm bored.”
 
“Go play with your endless amount of infernal toys, or watch that irritating moving picture box that you are constantly glued to.”
 
Bulla giggled. “It's called a TV, daddy.”
 
“Whatever.”
 
“But I'm not in the mood to do either of those things, daddy.” Bulla whined. “I want to play princesses.”
 
“Well, go play that.” Vegeta said, and began to head for the gravity room.
 
“I can't play it by myself, silly! Mommy usually plays it with me, but she's not here. So, you have to play it with me.”
 
“Absolutely not!” Vegeta snorted.
 
“Come on, daddy. It'll be fun!” Bulla said excitedly.
 
“I highly doubt that, and besides, I am not wasting my time with such foolish behavior. I need to train.”
 
Bulla rolled her eyes and said in a bemused voice irritatingly similar to her mother, “Daddy, do you see any monsters around? You don't need to train all the time. You can spare an hour or so to play with me!” Bulla was now using her seven-going-on-thirty voice.
 
“Bulla, do not tell me what to do.” Vegeta said gruffly, and attempted to go to the gravity room again but was stopped by his young daughter, who promptly threw her tiny arms around his waist and clung on to him with all her might.
 
“Please daddy!” Bulla begged.
 
Vegeta growled lowly, and twisted out of her embrace. “Bulla, you are perfectly capable of entertaining yourself on your own. Now, leave me alone.”
 
Bulla's shoulders slumped slightly. Plan B, foiled. A maniacal gleam suddenly came into her eyes. Vegeta flinched. That look never meant anything good. Bulla looked at him with a steady, unblinking gaze and said sweetly, “Daddy, if you don't play princesses with me, I'll tell Mommy that you were ignoring me and then she'll get mad and yell at you.” She shot him a too-innocent grin.
 
Vegeta's eye visibly twitched. Damn child, she was far too conniving for her own good. Ugh, he didn't want to deal with the woman screaming at him yet again…it was far too irritating.
 
He debated for a moment and Bulla waited with bated breath. Finally, he let out a long, suffering sigh and grounded out, “Fine. But a short game.”
 
“Yay!” Bulla squealed, clapping her hands together in her delight.
 
“A short game, Bulla. Anything longer than half an hour, and I will get very angry. You are not going to say, `Five more minutes!' and get your way, do you understand? This is not going to be something that lasts for hours and hours.”
 
“I promise Daddy! Thank you!” She said joyfully, and hugged her father again. He patted her awkwardly on the back, and ignored Bulma's voice in the back of his head.
 
Shut up, woman. He was not wrapped around her little finger. Shut up.
 
“So, what do we do in this…game?” Vegeta asked, knowing he was going to regret this.
 
“We wear tiaras!” Bulla said excitedly.
 
Oh Christ.
 
“I knew I was going to regret agreeing to this.” Vegeta muttered under his breath. Bulla, of course, heard that. She was half saiyan after all, and had excellently attuned hearing.
 
“Daddy, you haaave to! You promised!” Bulla whined.
 
“I did no such thing!” Vegeta retorted.
 
“DADDY!” Bulla shrieked, stamping her foot angrily. Vegeta winced, the high pitch of her voice making his ears hurt.
 
“Bulla, be quiet!” Vegeta growled, but his face softened just slightly as her expression turned forlorn. He sighed heavily, “Start the damn game, girl.” Bulla's face brightened, and she skipped off to her room to gather `supplies'. “But I'm not wearing a tiara!” He called after her.
 
Five minutes later, he found himself wearing a tiara.
 
He wasn't sure how it happened, exactly. All he knew was she had been five feet away from him, and suddenly there was a blur and then she was right in front of him. And then…well, she stuck the tiara in his hair. And he couldn't get the dratted thing out. He had attempted to break it but Bulla had freaked, which had almost ending in a crying jag. Vegeta was undoubtedly awkward in any situation when there was too much emotion present, so he managed to just barely refrain from breaking it.
 
Although he had really, really wanted to.
 
Vegeta watched, disgruntled as Bulla sat primly on a stool, sipping a cup of tea (which was apple juice in actuality) with a pinky sticking up. She had a pink sparkly feather boa draped around her shoulders, and her tiara was perched jauntily on her head.
 
He growled in irritation. Why did he have to be the one to do the stupid princess game? Why couldn't the brat have played this with her mother before she left? It was ridiculous that he, a royal saiyan prince, a warrior, had to partake in this girly foolishness. Besides, Bulla was a saiyan princess, not a human princess. Saiyan royalty did not wear those preposterous tiara things that Bulla was so fond of.
 
But, he didn't want to deal with Bulla's wailing if he refused. The girl had a set of lungs on her just like her mother. He was surprised that between the two of their screeching, his hearing had not been irreparably damaged. Because of this she was extremely hard to ignore, which was what he would usually do in such a situation.
 
He was not wrapped around her little finger. He. Was. Not.
 
A tiny voice broke him away from his aggravated musings. “Daddy? I'm hungry.”
 
Sigh. “What do you want?”
 
“Hmm…” She thought for a moment. “Peanut butter and jelly sandwich!”
 
That was easy enough to make, thankfully. Vegeta's cooking skills were severely limited due to his refusal to do anything that would make him look even slightly girly, or as he called it, weak.
 
After a few minutes the sandwich was done and he brought the plate over to Bulla.
 
She just looked at him.
 
What?” He growled.
 
“Daddy, you have to say, `Here is your royal dinner!' ” She said matter-of-factly, accentuating the `royal dinner'.
 
He glared at her incredulously, “Why in the blazes do I have to say that?”
 
“Because we're still playing the princess game, silly!” Bulla said amusedly.
 
“I am not saying that.” Vegeta said firmly.
 
“Daddy, come on!” She said pleadingly.
 
“Absolutely not.”
 
“Pleaseeeeee….” She begged, her eyes filling up with tears.
 
Oh, God dammit. Damn that child and her blasted tears. It was far too difficult to resist her when she looked at him like that.
 
“Fine.” He muttered furiously, practically slamming down the plate. Bulla watched him intently. He growled under his breath and mumbled, “Here is your royal dinner.”
 
God, he felt like a fool. He felt like Kakarott. Ew.
 
Bulla grinned widely, “Thank you, kind sir.”
 
“Never, ever again Bulla!” Vegeta snapped.
 
She just giggled.
 
Suddenly the sound of the front door opening was heard, and then footsteps outside the kitchen. Trunks walked in, still dressed in his business suit from work. He was reading a piece of paper, and hadn't looked up from it since he entered the kitchen. “'Evening.” He murmured vaguely to his father and sister, his attention still completely fixed on whatever he was reading.
 
“Hi Trunks!” Bulla said brightly. “We're playing the princess game!”
 
“Hey Bulla.” Trunks replied, finally looking up. And abruptly froze at the sight of his father wearing a tiara.
 
Well that was a sight to remember.
 
Trunks tried in vain to keep himself from laughing, but his lips twitched traitorously. He opened his mouth to say something but Vegeta cut him off. “Can it, boy. Not a single word.” He glared at him murderously. If Kakarott got wind of this, he would be so screwed. He would never hear the end of it! For the rest of his life he would be known as…soft hearted.
 
Vegeta shuddered at that repulsive thought.
 
Instead of scaring Trunks, this just made him want to laugh even harder. His lips twitched again, threatening to break into a smile. “Excuse me.” He managed to choke out, before striding quickly out of the kitchen. Vegeta and Bulla could hear him laughing all the way down the hall.
 
Vegeta growled. Loudly. Okay, he'd had enough of this crap. He turned to Bulla and said tightly, “Can we stop playing this silly princesses game now?”
 
She grinned at him, a wicked gleam in her eyes, “Uh-ah. Nope!”
 
Vegeta resisted the urge to bash his head against the table. The woman had better come home soon.
 
This was going to be a long night.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
When Bulma arrived home a few hours later, she was greeted with the sight of her husband sitting on the couch in the living room with the tiara still stuck in his hair.
 
Yeah, he hadn't managed to get it out yet.
 
“Um…” Was all Bulma could say.
 
“Don't ask, woman.” Vegeta muttered angrily. Bulma started snickering then. “Shut up!” He hissed, looking for all the world like a petulant child.
 
Bulma laughed again. “Okay, I get it. Back off, right?” Vegeta just glowered at the TV. “Where's Bulla?”
 
“She's asleep. She was tired early tonight, thank God.” He muttered darkly.
 
Bulma snorted. “So, I assume she forced you to play that princess game with her?”
 
“I don't want to here the words `princess game' ever again.”
 
She giggled. “So, do you want me to help you get that thing out of your hair?”
 
Vegeta just glared at her.
 
“I'll take that as a yes.” Bulma grinned, and went to retrieve a comb.
 
Half an hour later, Bulma was still trying to retract the tiara from Vegeta's hair. She pulled the comb through his bristly hair, and tried to loosen the hair that was caught in the tiara so she could remove it easier. Obviously, it wasn't going so well.
 
“Ouch! Dammit woman, you're pulling my hair out!” Vegeta snapped as Bulma yanked on his hair.
 
“I can't help it!” Bulma very nearly screamed with frustration. “Your hair is too damn thick!”
 
After a few more minutes of tugging Bulma crowed gleefully, “It's starting to come out!”
 
“About time!” Grumbled Vegeta.
 
After another minute, he was free of the evil clutches of the tiara.
 
“Yay!” Bulma cheered in victory.
 
“Thank God!” Vegeta said exasperatedly, and gestured to Bulma, “Give me that thing.”
 
She gave him a strange look and handed him the tiara. In one quick flick of his wrist, it broke into a million pieces.
 
“Vegeta!” Bulma scolded. “Bulla's going to be pissed.”
 
“I don't give a damn! You can buy her something else to amuse her, I'm never doing that again. Ridiculous humans…” He muttered, stomping out of the room.
 
“You do realize that she's part saiyan as well? And personally, I think she gets her craziness from your side!” Bulla called after him.
 
“Shut up, woman!” Was barked back at her.
 
Bulla grinned, and shook her head amusedly. Life in the Briefs house was certainly entertaining, albeit crazy at times.
 
She jumped when Vegeta suddenly stuck his head in the door of the living room. “And why in the hell did she decide to get me play that silly game? She should fear me, not-”
 
Bulma interrupted him, rolling her eyes. “She doesn't fear you at all Vegeta, she loves you. …And finds you highly amusing, I'm noticed.” She added mischievously.
 
“Well, she should fear me. It's not right.” Vegeta sniffed, displeased. “And she gets it from you!”
 
Bulma winked slyly at him, “Damn straight!” She strode over to him and placed a quick kiss on his scowling lips.
 
“Yeah, yeah.” Vegeta mumbled, trying and failing to extract himself from her, “Get off, woman.”
 
“No.” Bulma murmured and kissed him again.
 
Vegeta could have pushed her away of course, as he was much stronger than her. But he didn't bother to because he was too busy kissing her back.
 
 
 
The End.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Yeah, corny ending, I know. But whatever, it was fun to write. :3 Review please! :)