Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ One Last Time ❯ One Last Time ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
One last Time

Hello everyone out there in the everlasting kingdom of DBZ fan fiction! I am but a humble worshipper with no claim to the anime. *Silent tears* So I must sadly admit that Bardock is not mine! But just cause I'm depressed about it doesn't mean you can't enjoy this so...please enjoy!

Story line: Back when Planet Vegeta was destroyed. Nitura is Radditz and Kakarotts' mother and Bardock's mate. At least in this fic anyway.

Bardock stood on the balcony of the complex staring at the approaching ship off in the distance of space. He knew what was coming, it was his curse. He could see the future, he was sure he would die and that his planet would be destroyed along with the vast majority of his race. He clenched his fists angrily. He couldn't stand it! There was nothing he could do and this realization did not sit well with his prideful warrior spirit. The worst however was knowing that his mate, Nitura would die as well. He knew from his vision that both his sons would survive and this was a small consolation to the troubled warrior.

As the ship edged closer he had the sudden urge to see his family again. One last time before he made the ultimate, yet pointless sacrifice. He reached up to his communicator and pushed a button. The button was automatically programmed to connect straight to his mate's corresponding scouter. He heard a beep and his mate's face appeared on the view screen over his left eye. "Bardock?" She asked her chocolate brown eyes filled with concern when she saw his state of health. "What happened I th...."

"Listen Nitura! I have something important to say to you and I don't have much time. Promise me you'll listen!" He said sternly as he stared off at the dot of Frieza's ship coming ever closer.

"I promise. What's the matter?" She said.

"Frieza's coming. Vegeta sei is doomed." He stated simply.

Her eyes grew wide and her mouth moved, but no words escaped it. "What do... you... mean?" She stuttered fear evident in her normally soft and confident voice.

"Don't ask me how I know, but Frieza has come to destroy us. It's over. We are all going to die." His eyes were filled with more fear than his countenance betrayed and his voice was deep, full of pain and desperation.

Nitura shook her head and her brown wave shook back and forth across her face. "No!" She growled out anguishing filling her.

When she picked up the telephone,
His voice came on the line.
She said: "This can't be happening,"
An' tears fell from her eyes.
She said: "What am I supposed to do?
"I can't handle losin' you."
He said: "I just had to call to say goodbye,
"One last time."

"Calm down!" Bardock commanded. Nitura continued to shake unmoved by his command. Bardock fidgeted uncomfortably at the sight of his mate in pain. "Enough." He whispered softly trying to calm her. She rubbed her eyes and stared at him, deperately. "It will do no good to cry about it." Bardock said sternly. "There is nothing we can do..."

"No there must be something! I'll call my brother he can do something. We'll tell the King..." She furiously searched for an answer while blathering on nonsense to her mate.

"Even the elites can help us now Nitura." Bardock smiled into the screen trying to reassure her. "I'll do what I can, but I don't know how much good it will do. Now stop your sobbing, its unbecoming for such a beautiful saiyan elite as yourself to cry."

Nitura gave a weak chuckle. That was her Bardock, always thinking of her. She gifted him with one of her gorgeous smiles while wiping her eyes. "That's my mate." Bardock said proudly trying to surpress the sick feeling in his stomach knowing she would die soon.

He said: "There are some things in this life,
"That are out of our control.
"Like who we fall in love with,
And when it's time to go."
An' she said: "What about the plans we had?"
He said: "This connection's gettin' bad."
"Now c'mon baby, let me hear you smile,
One last time."

"I'm sorry, I just...." Nitura started to apologize for her uncalled outburst of emotion, but she could not finish.

"It's alright, its alright. Look time is running out, promise me you'll try to get off world before it goes."

"No. I won't leave Vegeta sei or you Bardock. I don't care what happens, I love you." Nitura protested.

"I love you too." Bardock replied. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment not knowing what to say.

"Do you have any idea what will become of our sons?" Nitura asked changing the subject from the inevitable good bye.

"They will both be fine. No need to worry about them. They're strong." Bardock said comforting her.

"I know, I mean like father like son, right?" She gave him another smile and he laughed heartily.

"You think too much of me Nitura."

"I always have and I always will."

She started to apologise,
For all the things that she'd done wrong.
She said: "I would have loved you better.
If only I'd known."
He said: "You were the perfect wife:
Promise me you'll go on with your life."
She said: "The boys won't understand."
He said: "Tell 'em Daddy loves 'em and, be strong, whoa."

Bardock looked up again, his doom staring him in the face. "Listen baby, I have to go. He's practically here. I love you."

"Bardock don't you dare leave! I'm not done speaking to you! Bardock? Bardock please come back!" Nitura cried out into her scouter only to be met with the solemn silence of electronic emptiness. She growled and felt out his ki. He was flying into space. She stared out into the red sky of Vegeta sei and whispered a prayer. "Gods save us."

Bardock flew out to meet Frieza's ship. He was met with much resistance and in his wounded state it was a hard fight, but he was still winning. A sliver of hope wormed its way into his heart only to be extinguished when Frieza himself appeared. It all happened so fast he bearily had time to register what was happening.

Down on Vegeta sei Nitura prayed and stared off towards the location of Bardock's ki. She saw the blast slowly descend upon the planet. She held her breath and then she felt a coldness engulf her as her heart snapped in two. The ki ball illuminated a blinding light onto Vegeta sei's surface, yet Nitura was not aware of any of the impending destruction around her. All she knew, all she felt was an emptiness, as Bardock's spirit parted this dimension. Silent tears streaked down her face as the planet broke around her. "Bardock." She whispered as she finally disappeared into the chaos as well.

He said: "Honey, I've gotta go."
She said: "Don't you dare hang up.
There's so many things I need to say.
I love you so much."
It was almost like she felt him leave.
She cried out: "Can you still hear me?"
She fell down on the kitchen floor,
When the signal died,
As the pilot tried to pull out of the dive.
One last..
Converting /tmp/phpAzZXia to /dev/stdout