Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Only a Loving Heart ❯ Chapter One - Dream ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Only A Loving Heart

<DREAM> His body was floating in darkness. Thick silence surrounded him, a soundlessness that was more than just no hearing. Then a light flickered next to him, a gentle warm glow. Although he should have known better by now, once again he touched it. The glow deepened as his hands reached into it, forming in his palms a little ball of what seemed like glass. Something moved inside the clouds of shimmering light that still evaporated from within the crystal. He knew exactly what he would see, yet he couldn't help looking into the ball. A man was lying there, his hunched body painfully clad in chains. He bled from at least a dozen wounds. Next to him stood what could have been his twin: the same slender figure, the same straight nose, the same coal black eyes, even the spiky black hair… oh yes, an image he knew just to well. The man knelt down beside his 'sibling', who was staring at him in pure anger, unable to move even the merest inch. He said something inaudible to the floating dreamer, then pulled something that seemed like a key from under his shirt and waved it in front of the bound man's face, laughing as the expression of anger turned into one of hatred. Then he looked up and stared directly into the eyes of the watcher, an evil grin playing around his lips. He pointed at the key, smirked, and as he spoke again his words seemed to ring through every corner of the dreamer's mind.

Only A Loving Heart Could Ever Unlock The Chains… Too Bad For Someone Like You!

And he laughed again, the crystal ball first turning warm, then hot. The light became more intense, until it filled the whole world, burning away every thought…<DREAM>

***

Vegeta sat bolt upright, sweat running down his face. He managed to get his fast, shaky breathing under control, but his heart was still hammering inside his chest. He clenched his fingers into the blanked and stared into the darkness of his room. That dream again! Softly, he cursed under his breath. That dream...

He refused to think of it as a nightmare; only the oh-so-civilized Humans had nightmares, but not him, not the Saiyan Prince. Yet a taste of bitterness filled his mouth. Goddamned Humans! To imagine he was dreaming of things like 'love is the key'! Next thing he'd be planting little multicolored flowers in front of the house, sighing contently and enjoying the beautiful sunlight - their weakness was like a disease! Could it be he had already infected himself?

/ No! Impossible! I'd rather die than become such a blubbering pudding they call 'gentle person'! \

But still he couldn't quite get over his dreaming about love. He wasn't even sure if he fully understood the concept of that feeling, that emotion. While it was unknown to Saiyans, he had first stumbled over it on the worlds they had 'prepared to be sold'. He'd always thought of it as a kind of bond, letting people sacrifice themselves gladly to save their mates. Not that they ever suceeded, he grinned to himself. Yet only yesterday the woman who did his cooking had declared how she 'absolutely loved' vanilla icecream. That had left him slightly confused. Seemed that those Humans either had a rather lax use of that word or they were a very twisted race.

/ And I'm stuck with them \, Vegeta sighed at the unfairness of the situation. / Damn it! \

The Saiyan figured out he could use a little more sleep did he want to go through his usual training program the next day. He lay back on his bed and closed his eyes… but a soft female giggle from the chamber underneath his own made him frown. / Oh no… don't they have anything better to do than act like those wossname - rabbits? - that are everywhere around this planet? Like dying peacefully in the backyard? \

Vegeta let out a long growl as the noises from below grew louder. From the day her parents had decided to go on a trip to see the world, that woman had driven him mad. If she didn't argue with her little softie lover, she'd end up in bed with him. Not that he cared what she was doing… it just seemed so unfair that she could enjoy herself, while that pleasure would never again be his. Too soft, too weak were those earthlings, their women would die the instant he tried anything harder on them. An evil smirk formed on his face. Given the thought…

A small screech echoed through his sensitive ears.

"Damn it!" he cursed and stood up, an angry expression on his face. Well, if they didn't let him sleep he could at least use his time better than listening to their lovers' battle. He slipped into his armor and stomped out of his chamber, heading for the gravity room to work off some of his frustration.

***

Author's Note: I put the thougts in "/ \", 'cause somehow mm would't accept my html-formatting when it came to the inverse letters. Dunno why. Also, the dream sequences are marked with <DREAM> (obviously). If you want to archive it, you can change that to inverse, too. That's how it was supposed to be, anyway. ^-^

If you like it /don't like it, please tell me. Feedback always appreciated. ^o^