Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Padawan Kakarot ❯ From Vegeta to Coruscant ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Padawan Kakarot
Chapter 1: From Vegeta to Coruscant
Disclaimer: Goku and all Dragonball related characters belong to Akira Toriyama. Everything Star Wars belongs to Geroge Lucas. Course if they sue just means another 100+ bucks for them…..
"Freiza!" Was the cry that sounded above planet the Far Outer Rim planet called Vegeta. The copper colored planet spun slowly on its axis. Both planet and inhabitants unaware of the clash occurring overhead.
Countless soldiers dotted the deep space above the planet, surrounding one warrior who managed to take down a good portion of their forces. They varied in species and colors but the one aspect they had in common was their expression of fear as they watched their lord, Freiza rise out of his ship.
Bardock let out a smug chuckle as he watched Frieza show himself. Finally he was getting somewhere. Finally he'd show this monster the power of the Saiyan race! His squad and his entire planet would be able to rest easy after this one last battle. It all depended on him!
"Freiza! You've long enough. Actually it's been too long for my taste!" he barked. The mutant freak sat in hover chair (too weak or lazy to fly on his own) and just raised a finger. Bardock mentally scoffed. Like one finger could take down a Saiyan like him!
"We quit! All of us!" Bardock continued. "Got it? We don't work for you. We're free! Find someone else to do your dirty work!"
Despite the bold declaration, Freiza's face remained unmoved.
"Oh yeah…There's one last thing!" With those words Bardock charged up his signature Riot Javelin attack. The blue energy circled around his hand as Bardock poured a good portion of his chi into it. This was it, this will be the attack to end the monster's reign once and for all.
"This is for all the people we killed in your name. I wish we were never foolish enough to obey you. Here have it!"
The attack soured through the void towards the overlord who finally broke his stoic façade. But it wasn't the look of shock and horror the Saiyan expected.
It was one of psychotic glee.
The small orange ball on the mutant's finger instantly expanded to the size of small sun. The ball absorbed Bardock's attack like it was nothing.
"Huh? No way!" It was only a matter of seconds before the ball consumed all of Freiza's own soldiers along with Bardock as it made its way towards the unaware planet.
As the life drained from the warrior's body fate granted him one last vision. His son, Kakarot standing before Freiza, ready to avenge them. The sight allowed Bardock one last smile before his body failed.
"KAKAROT!"
It only took a few seconds for planet Vegeta to be lost in a single great explosion, much to the glee of its executioner.
"Oh my!" Freiza laughed. "This is….stupendous! Wow what a show! HAHAHAAAHA!"
However, the tyrant overlooked one sole pod and one solid green orb that escaped the planet moments before. The explosion rocked both vessels, activating the hyperdrive for the pod and disrupting the concentration of the infant in the green orb.
The pod, containing Kakarot was hurled into FTL speed, leaving the known galaxy into a galaxy far far away.
OOOOO
It was a normal morning for Grand Master Yoda. The petite Jedi sat in the meditation chamber of the Jedi Temple. After countless years of practice it took Yoda merely a few seconds to find his center within the Force.
Events passed before his eyes. Past, present, and flashes of the future. And what the master saw in the future disturbed him. A pod crashing…a child….a giant ape….? Then darkness. Yoda mentally dove into the Force for further understanding when a pulse struck his center like a hammer. Something was coming. Something with great power.
The hissing of the door opening snapped the master out of his meditation. Mace Windu entered. Small bead of sweat from his brow and the slight weight in his breath indicated he had just come from a training session. The tall Jedi master greeted Yoda but instantly noticed the master's troubled face.
"What is it?" he asked.
"A disturbance in the Force I feel."
"A disturbance?" Mace repeated, his eyes instantly becoming alert.
"Unusual this feeling is," Yoda said. "Coming soon the source is."
"Then we will be ready."
OOOOO
For Yoda, soon meant another three days. Mace often wondered if Yoda's age affected his sense of time. But the first lesson every Jedi learned was patience.
Word of a small pod crashing into the under city of Coruscant quickly spread to the Temple and Senate. Chancellor Valorum ordered the Jedi to investigate. The council agreed to send a small team of masters to look into the crash. The Jedi could sense the odd disturbance coming from the pod, they could not take any chances.
Mace found himself going into the lower levels with Qui-Gon Jinn, Master Ki-Adi-Mundi, Master Luminara Unduli and Master Plo Koon.
"What do we hope to find at this crash site?" Qui-Gon asked.
"It could be anything," Master Mundi replied. "Never have I felt this kind of power around a single life form."
"I do hope it isn't a threat," Luminara said.
"If it were threat, I doubt the Chancellor and Master Yoda would send only us," Plo Koon pointed out.
"Regardless, sending the five of us seems quite excessive," Luminara replied.
"Speculation will not get us close to an answer," Qui-Gon said curtly. "We will only know for certain until we get there."
Mace glanced at the breaded master and internally sighed. Ever since the fall of his first apprentice Xanatos, Qui-Gon seemed to have retreated into himself. He had become even more distant and became obsessed with the Living Force. But Mace knew he wasn't one to talk. He wasn't exactly the warmest person in the Order himself. Still Qui-Gon had been taking it to extremes that made even Mace raise an eyebrow.
"I agree with Qui-Gon," he said. "The answer will present itself at the crash site."
A nod of agreement from the other masters closed the matter and the trip to the under city continued in silence.
OOOOO
The crash site was as lively as Mace thought it would be. A large crater, several feet deep lay in the center of the street. Countless bystanders and members of several underworld gangs circled around the pod.
The crowd instantly quieted down when they saw five Jedi masters approach the site. One or two of the gang members attempted to hold their ground, but one glare from Mace forced them to back down.
"How shall we proceed master Windu?" Mundi asked. Mace eyed the pod through the Force and could feel the specimen inside. Yoda had been right. It was a….unusual feeling. Whatever was inside held great potential. For good or ill he had yet to determine.
"I'll approach it first," Mace announced. "Stay on guard should anything happen." A nod from his fellow masters and Mace leapt into the crater.
Years worth of training allowed Mace to approach the vessel without fear, but still, he couldn't help the feeling of nervousness and curiosity run up his spine. With a hand close to his lightsaber and his mind already submerged in the Force, Mace pushed a button on the side of the vessel allowing it to open.
A loud hiss and a dense cloud of steam filled his senses. The moment the hiss died down a loud cry reached his ears. Mace fanned through the steam and surprise made his stomach jump. Inside the pod was a human infant. Or that's what Mace thought until he saw the monkey tail.
The child also had hair like Mace had never seen. It was a dark shade of ebony and stuck out at almost every angle. A quick look at the child exposed genitals revealed it to be male. Mace wrapped the boy in his tunic and stepped out of the pod with small sigh of relief.
"Master Windu, what did you find?" Luminara asked.
"A child," Mace replied, stepping out of the crater. "Humanoid."
"A child was the cause of this commotion?" Plo Koon said in disbelief.
"This will be one for the archives," Mundi said with amusement.
"I find it hard to believe a child was the cause of what we were sensing," Luminara protested. "And what do you mean by humanoid? He looks like another human."
Mace held up the boy's tail as proof.
"What an odd species," Qui-Gon said quietly. "Was he alone?"
"It would seem so," Mace replied. "Although it does beg the question, who would send a child here alone?"
"Questions better left to be answered at the Temple," Plo Koon said indicating the gathering crowd.
"Agreed."
"Do we at least know the name of this boy?" Luminara asked. Mace pressed his hand on the boy's head and dove into his mind. He saw a viewing room with countless other babies like him around. Overseers commenting on power levels and destructive capabilities. He zeroed in on the boy's holding pod and saw his name written below.
"Kakarot," Mace answered returning to the present. "His name is Kakarot."
OOOOO
"A child caused this commotion?" Chancellor Valorum said in both disbelief and amusement. "Are you sure?"
"Positive Chancellor," Mace answered. He sat across from the head of the Galactic Republic with Yoda next to him. "The boy seems to be, at most, a month old. And we have yet to determine his planet of origin."
"I see. Well rest assured I will study the child's pod for anything that will allow us to identity his species and send him home if necessary."
A mutual look from Mace and Yoda told Valorum that a trip back was not what the two masters had in mind.
"You have different arrangements for our visitor then?"
"Training we wish to give the boy," Yoda answered. "Great power he has. Great consequences if misused."
"I see," Valorum said. "Then I will trust your judgment on this matter Master Yoda." Yoda gave the Chacellor a nod of appreciation. "Well gentlemen if there is nothing else, I have a meeting to attend to."
The three men rose, each with the child's future in mind.
OOOOO
Korriban was a lifeless world. Countless years of war, pillaging, raids, and betrayal had left the world barren and empty. The remnants of the dark lords tombs were nothing but empty bricks and skeletons. Any treasure or fabled Force ghosts long gone or banished.
This world held no sentimental or practical value for Darth Sidious, yet the Force granted him a vision. Something powerful would land here in a few short minutes and Sidious refused to allow the Jedi to find it first.
The dark lord paced the barren sand trying hard not to give into impatience. It had been four standard hours since he had landed on this world and managed to pinpoint the exact location of the landing site. His vision indicated it would be early evening on Korriban when the source of this power would land. Sidious looked at the slow setting sun and knew it would only be a matter of time.
The Dark Lord was rewarded ten minutes later. A small dot in the sky caught his attention. It descended onto the planet in a slow balloon like fashion. It was an odd green ball of energy. Energy that Sidious had never felt before. His mind already raced about way to harness this energy in his quest for dominance.
The ball reached the surface and revealed a man holding a child. Sidious instantly sensed the power in the infant. The man, the boy's father Sidious assumed, looked around unclear of where he was. His eyes fell on the Dark Lord before him and rushed towards him.
"Where is this place? Who are you?" he demanded.
"What is the name of that boy?" Sidious asked ignoring the questions.
"Broly. His name is Broly," the man answered. "And I am Paragus."
"Come with me. I will answer all your questions."
Paragus soon fell into step with cloaked man, not knowing what fate had just dropped him into.
AN: So what did you think? Despite my being a Star Wars fan for the longest time, this is my first Star Wars fanfic. So I'm still getting the hang of writing the Jedi. So if you have any suggestions please let me know. So who will train Kakarot as a Padawan? Will Sidious take Broly on as a Sith apprentice? Or does Sidious have other plans for the future Super Saiyan? How will the Jedi handle Kakarot's Oozaru form? These questions will be answered in the next installment of Padawan Kakarot. See you then!