Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Pale Green Stars ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

As always, I don't own anything from DBZ.

WARNING: This is an A/U fic, so that means there will be lots of OOC. Plus there's going to be some sex in later chapters, hence the rating.

You used to know this fic as "Think of What We Could Have Had". I changed it to "Yokubo" which means lust in Japanese (or so the dictionary says).

PROLOGUE

Years of harsh use had left the earth in ruins. The human race's only way of survival was to enter the Intergalactic Trade Commission. Earth's leaders had known about the existence of other races for a few decades now; had even made contact with many of them.

Earth's leaders contacted a scientist named Briefs to work out a way for humans to travel in and be able to deal with the new atmosphere they would be stepping blindly-that's really what they were doing-into. He designed a method of safe travel and ways of transporting goods with his ingenious encapsulation technology.

Dr. Briefs also had a daughter named Bulma who was blessed with brains, beauty, and wit. So naturally she was the best suited to represent Earth at the next ITC summit on Shedjak. She was apprehensive of her journey even though she was promised a guide who would show her the ropes.

1

The Port of Sicas. Mulanix, Shedjak

3 days. Bulma had been riding in that ship for 3 whole days without so much as an insect to talk to. She was awaiting the landing with a passion.

"Name, home planet, and identification number please." A voice came over her speaker.

"Bulma Briefs, Earth, 3098370959."

"Your passage is cleared. Please wait, a docking drone will come to your ship in a few moments."

Bulma leaned back in her seat and waited for the drones to come and take her ship in. She was so excited. Think how many people she would meet, how many cultures she would interact with, how many new ideas there would be to discuss.

She was jolted out of her thoughts when her ship finally struck the landing docks. She stepped out and was overwhelmed by the lack of color that this planet held. The grass was stark white, the sky was gray and what clouds there were, were a strange silver color that blended in with the rest of the sky more than it stuck out.

"You must be Bulma Briefs of Earth. My name is Aunda and I'm going to be showing you around this place." Aunda was standing at the bottom of the ramp. She couldn't have been any shorter than 6 foot 4, had red eyes, blue skin, and white hair that was braided in corn rows.

"Yes I am. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance."

"Come this way, we're going to be busy getting you acquainted with the area." Bulma followed her to the air car which awaited them. They both hopped in the back and Aunda gave the driver directions to where Bulma would be staying.

"So Aunda, why don't you tell me a bit about yourself?" Bulma raised an inquiring eyebrow to the amazon woman sitting next to her.

"Just a bit, huh? There's so much to tell." She smirked a bit. "Let's see, I'm 26 in Earth years, I'm the youngest of 3 children, and I hope to one day marry a debonair man who will love me even though I'm a foot taller than him."

"Not all people on Shedjak are as tall as you?"

"Oh no, most people consider 5'8 to be too tall. Women being taller than men is just taboo around here."

"I guess I should get rid of my 6 inch heels then." Bulma chirped a bit of laughter.

"Ha Ha." Aunda rolled her eyes "you're a funny one Bulma Briefs. I can't wait to tell you more about myself so you can crack another joke." Bulma now found it difficult to not laugh.

"I think I'm gonna like it here."

~*~

His father had told him to choose his comrades wisely for this little job. The meeting of the ITC was just small beans, but he would be representing the entire Saiyan race, he had better not make a fool of himself. Vegeta just chose his best friend, Aran. They had been through everything together. He was a strong kid who knew his place but still liked to have fun. He often got in trouble for blurting things out before he thought them over. So Vegeta-ou wasn't happy about the choice, and begged and begged for his son not to take his friend. Vegeta was sure Aran could handle this, he'd just smack him around if he got out of line.

"I can't wait until we get there, Vegeta." Aran sat uncomfortably in his seat and rubbed his hands together.

"Just a little longer. We'll have to go get something to eat after we land."

"There had better be a bunch of hot girls. Not cheap floozies, but real women. They can't resist guys like us."

"Can't resist a guy like me, maybe. A guy like you? They'll hardly give you as much as a glance." Vegeta got up to start putting on his boots and cape.

"You just wish you had my lady skills."

"I'd die of humiliation if I had your track record." Aran just smiled.

"Name, home planet, identification number please."

"Prince Vegeta, Planet Vegeta, 1206198533. Get dressed Aran, we're going out as soon as we get off this ship."

~*~

"That is a really nice dress, Bulma. A little too nice for just going to a bar." Aunda was sitting on the bed in the villa Bulma had been set up in.

"It's alright. I like getting dressed up."

"I'll warn you, the men around here have very roaming eyes and few morals. They might just walk up to you grab your breast."

"Well I doubt that. From what you've told me it doesn't sound like too many men will approach an amazon woman like yourself. So with you there I shouldn't have a problem." Bulma put her heels on "Let's roll."

Bulma and Aunda picked a table at the bar. It was a small place but was frequented by the more posh citizens of the town. Aunda began pointing out people that Bulma should get tight with and people she should stay away from. "That guy over there, he's from a planet called Nuhgahar. He always comes here and buys the latest fashions."

"He reminds me of my chiropractor." Bulma took a sip of her drink "This guy is so posh that he named his little poodles Ralph and Lauren."

"What's the significance of those names?"

"There is this designer who makes clothing for the upper class people of earth. His name is Ralph Lauren. I guess you could compare him to some of your fashion designers."

"Oh, okay." The door jingled and Aunda looked up. "Two hotties behind you. Don't turn around, wait for them to come this way." Bulma smiled and tried to make herself look busy by fumbling with something in her purse.

Vegeta and Aran walked in and sat at the bar, ordered a couple of drinks and looked around. "What do you think?" Aran looked around the room.

"How do you mean? There are so many levels of thought" Vegeta swirled his drink.

"Quit being a smart ass. What do you think about the girls?"

"The ones at the table by the door?"

"Hell yes. I'd like to see what's under the dress of the blue-haired one. That Shedjak native is looking fine as well."

"Why don't you go over and ask to see what's under the dress." Vegeta was used to Aran's constant woman chasing, but sometimes it just annoyed him.

"I think I might just do that."

Bulma was tired of looking busy. "Can I look at them yet?"

"You'll get your chance, the tall one's coming over here right now."

"I always liked tall guys." Aran approached the table. "Might I ask who you are?"

"My name is Aran, I'm a high ranking officer in the Saiyan army and best friend of Prince Vegeta himself." He bent down and kissed Bulma's hand. "Now I would like to know you name. Or do you have one? Surely they can't put a name on such beauty."

"My name is Bulma Briefs." She pulled her hand back. "And you, my friend are out of line. Putting the moves on me and not even giving my friend the honor of a glance angers me. You had best be off."

"My dear lady, you're friend is beautiful, but I'm here to get to know you."

"How do you know she's beautiful? You haven't taken your eyes off me."

"Stop while you're ahead, Aran." Vegeta appeared seemingly out of nowhere. "I apologize for his lack of decency to you and your friend."

"Thank you Prince Vegeta." Aunda piped up.

"You know these guys?"

"Well I don't know them. I've just heard of him and seen his picture a couple times."

"We're leaving. I hope we didn't interrupt your dinner. I'll tell the waiter to put your tab on me. Good evening." Vegeta turned and left. Aran gave the women a quick glance then walked off after his friend.

"Why the hell did you do that? That girl was drooling over me."

"I wouldn't call that "drooling". I especially liked the little story you told about being `a high ranking officer'."

"You're just jealous that I was going to get laid and you weren't." Vegeta couldn't contain laughter upon hearing this.

"If that's what you want to think." He reached into his armor and pulled out a small silver tin "Would you like a sheet* before you get all riled up?" He took a clear, paper-thin, sheet from the box and held it up between his pointer-finger and thumb.

"Nah, I'm good, Vegeta. Use that before it gets gooey on ya." The prince stuck the sheet on his tongue and pressed it to the top of his mouth.

"You're loss. Let's get back to our villa. We've got a boring day tomorrow."

~*~

Bulma and Aunda sat in silence for a few moments after the two men left.

"I sure wish they hadn't have left. I would put up with Aran's macking attempts just to be next to the other guy." Bulma finished her wine.

"The prince? He's got a great body, most Saiyans do, and intense features. Exotic looking if you ask me."

"I just met you today and we are already checking out guys together."

"I don't know about you, but I feel as if we've been friends for a long time."

"Yeah, same here. I'm about ready to head back. I've got a big presentation for the ITC tomorrow."

"Yeah, that's a good idea. It's getting late. Let's go." The two women got up from the table. Bulma being as independent as she was didn't take the prince up on his offer and paid their tab. They left the bar and went back to Bulma's villa.

To be continued…

AN: Okay, I realize that this probably sucks so far…but I promise it will get better. Just stick this one out with me.